independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 23rd Oct 2018 5:42am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Star Wars Episode IX
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #60 posted 08/04/18 4:27am

uPtoWnNY

TrevorAyer said:

Bb8 is the new jar jar ... pure baby toy fodder ... ROTJ was great minus the care bears ... 1-3 7+8 ... all garbage .. pure shit .. solo + rouge one .. decent enough not to puke in my mouth while watching .. ep 9 will suck ... get the De Specialized version of 4-6 .. the cgi shit show specialized versions are an abomination

Return of the Care Bears is when Lucas lost it, Teddy bears taking down military trained stormtroopers???? The movie would have been great had he used Wookies. Using Hayden Christensen on the specialized version was beyond idiotic.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #61 posted 08/04/18 8:40am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

uPtoWnNY said:

TrevorAyer said:

Bb8 is the new jar jar ... pure baby toy fodder ... ROTJ was great minus the care bears ... 1-3 7+8 ... all garbage .. pure shit .. solo + rouge one .. decent enough not to puke in my mouth while watching .. ep 9 will suck ... get the De Specialized version of 4-6 .. the cgi shit show specialized versions are an abomination

Return of the Care Bears is when Lucas lost it, Teddy bears taking down military trained stormtroopers???? The movie would have been great had he used Wookies. Using Hayden Christensen on the specialized version was beyond idiotic.

^ yes.

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #62 posted 08/04/18 12:37pm

kpowers

avatar

uPtoWnNY said:

TrevorAyer said:

Bb8 is the new jar jar ... pure baby toy fodder ... ROTJ was great minus the care bears ... 1-3 7+8 ... all garbage .. pure shit .. solo + rouge one .. decent enough not to puke in my mouth while watching .. ep 9 will suck ... get the De Specialized version of 4-6 .. the cgi shit show specialized versions are an abomination

Return of the Care Bears is when Lucas lost it, Teddy bears taking down military trained stormtroopers???? The movie would have been great had he used Wookies. Using Hayden Christensen on the specialized version was beyond idiotic.

Well let's be fair about it, Ewoks would have never beaten the Empire without the help of the rebels. Ewoks had some advantages such as numbers and they knew the terrain (it was their home planet). Well trained soldiers get killed all the time. Most of the US soldiers in WW1 died from the flu.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #63 posted 08/04/18 1:02pm

EmmaMcG

kpowers said:



uPtoWnNY said:




TrevorAyer said:


Bb8 is the new jar jar ... pure baby toy fodder ... ROTJ was great minus the care bears ... 1-3 7+8 ... all garbage .. pure shit .. solo + rouge one .. decent enough not to puke in my mouth while watching .. ep 9 will suck ... get the De Specialized version of 4-6 .. the cgi shit show specialized versions are an abomination


Return of the Care Bears is when Lucas lost it, Teddy bears taking down military trained stormtroopers???? The movie would have been great had he used Wookies. Using Hayden Christensen on the specialized version was beyond idiotic.



Well let's be fair about it, Ewoks would have never beaten the Empire without the help of the rebels. Ewoks had some advantages such as numbers and they knew the terrain (it was their home planet). Well trained soldiers get killed all the time. Most of the US soldiers in WW1 died from the flu.



I always thought that it was similar to the situation in Vietnam when trained American soldiers where being killed left, right and centre by the Vietnamese. The Ewoks were the Vietnamese and the Americans were the Stormtroopers.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #64 posted 08/04/18 1:39pm

kpowers

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

kpowers said:

Well let's be fair about it, Ewoks would have never beaten the Empire without the help of the rebels. Ewoks had some advantages such as numbers and they knew the terrain (it was their home planet). Well trained soldiers get killed all the time. Most of the US soldiers in WW1 died from the flu.

I always thought that it was similar to the situation in Vietnam when trained American soldiers where being killed left, right and centre by the Vietnamese. The Ewoks were the Vietnamese and the Americans were the Stormtroopers.

Yeah looking back I see that. You can use other wars not just the Vietnam war with the underdog beating the Superior army. But hey let's not get to political here.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #65 posted 08/05/18 6:13pm

SquirrelMeat

avatar

I think Ian McDiarmid is a great actor, but I thought he was terrible in many of the scenes in 1-3. Example, when he told the story of Darth Plagueus, you want a subtle face as to how he died. Instead, we got an obvious 'I did it' grin. Likewise, when he took down 3 Jedi Masters with slow motion thrusting.

I don't blame the actor, I blame the director.

.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #66 posted 08/05/18 7:10pm

Goddess4Real

avatar

2045RadicalMattZ said:

kpowers said:

uh-oh Chewbacca is going to have to answer to the me too movement

6f1511a29c6a18d4b56814fa65c6fbff.jpg

Why? for touching a boob?

Or is Carrie Fisher's ghost going to sue Mayhew in civil court for what was originally an accepted welcomed cop?

Yessss lets boycott lol #HandsOffChewie! nuts

IMO this is one of the best Rolling Stone covers ever from 1983 lol

86f1576d6a594ef45213bd1a6b2e9c2b.jpg

[Edited 8/5/18 19:25pm]

[Edited 8/5/18 19:25pm]

Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #67 posted 08/07/18 12:01pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

SW 7 and 8 feeling ill ill

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #68 posted 08/07/18 12:03pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

uPtoWnNY said:

TrevorAyer said:

Bb8 is the new jar jar ... pure baby toy fodder ... ROTJ was great minus the care bears ... 1-3 7+8 ... all garbage .. pure shit .. solo + rouge one .. decent enough not to puke in my mouth while watching .. ep 9 will suck ... get the De Specialized version of 4-6 .. the cgi shit show specialized versions are an abomination

Return of the Care Bears is when Lucas lost it, Teddy bears taking down military trained stormtroopers???? The movie would have been great had he used Wookies.

There is more to it behind the scenes. The Grand Admiral Thrawn explained it in the Thrawn trilogies

But it would have been great to see more Wookies as rebels fight too.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #69 posted 08/07/18 12:10pm

Hudson

avatar

It doesn't make a lot of sense to have Wookies on Endor. They are not a primitive, untechnical species. Why would the shield generator be put on such a dangerous planet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #70 posted 08/07/18 1:47pm

kpowers

avatar

86f1576d6a594ef45213bd1a6b2e9c2b.jpg

Like that cover

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #71 posted 08/07/18 4:53pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Hudson said:

It doesn't make a lot of sense to have Wookies on Endor. They are not a primitive, untechnical species. Why would the shield generator be put on such a dangerous planet?

Not as Natives, but as Rebel fighters, which in other parts of the canon they were in. Also they were used to help build the 1st death star, and some joined the rebellion, others went back to the home planet.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #72 posted 08/14/18 1:36pm

namepeace

kpowers said:

EmmaMcG said:

kpowers said: I always thought that it was similar to the situation in Vietnam when trained American soldiers where being killed left, right and centre by the Vietnamese. The Ewoks were the Vietnamese and the Americans were the Stormtroopers.

Yeah looking back I see that. You can use other wars not just the Vietnam war with the underdog beating the Superior army. But hey let's not get to political here.


Lucas was aiming for both a political allegory and a new line of merchandise for kids. I understand the artistic and commercial incentives, but he simply couldn't pull off both.

Good night, sweet Prince | 7 June 1958 - 21 April 2016

Props will be withheld until the showing and proving has commenced. -- Aaron McGruder
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #73 posted 08/14/18 1:39pm

namepeace

SquirrelMeat said:

I think Ian McDiarmid is a great actor, but I thought he was terrible in many of the scenes in 1-3. Example, when he told the story of Darth Plagueus, you want a subtle face as to how he died. Instead, we got an obvious 'I did it' grin. Likewise, when he took down 3 Jedi Masters with slow motion thrusting.

I don't blame the actor, I blame the director.


McDiarmid was arguably the best thing about III, but I agree, the direction drug the cast down to its level throughout the prequels.

I'd heard some years back that Spielberg turned down Lucas' request to direct the prequels and encouraged Lucas to do them himself. Is that true?

Good night, sweet Prince | 7 June 1958 - 21 April 2016

Props will be withheld until the showing and proving has commenced. -- Aaron McGruder
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #74 posted 08/14/18 1:41pm

namepeace

uPtoWnNY said:

TrevorAyer said:

Bb8 is the new jar jar ... pure baby toy fodder ... ROTJ was great minus the care bears ... 1-3 7+8 ... all garbage .. pure shit .. solo + rouge one .. decent enough not to puke in my mouth while watching .. ep 9 will suck ... get the De Specialized version of 4-6 .. the cgi shit show specialized versions are an abomination

Return of the Care Bears is when Lucas lost it, Teddy bears taking down military trained stormtroopers???? The movie would have been great had he used Wookies. Using Hayden Christensen on the specialized version was beyond idiotic.


I could forgive Lucas for the Ewoks, Jar Jar Binks, and the worst elements of the prequels (which weren't all bad).

What I do not forgive is the decision not to provide the original editions of the OT on DVD or Blu-Ray, and I will refuse to do so until that travesty is undone.

Good night, sweet Prince | 7 June 1958 - 21 April 2016

Props will be withheld until the showing and proving has commenced. -- Aaron McGruder
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #75 posted 08/14/18 2:42pm

uPtoWnNY

namepeace said:

uPtoWnNY said:

Return of the Care Bears is when Lucas lost it, Teddy bears taking down military trained stormtroopers???? The movie would have been great had he used Wookies. Using Hayden Christensen on the specialized version was beyond idiotic.


I could forgive Lucas for the Ewoks, Jar Jar Binks, and the worst elements of the prequels (which weren't all bad).

What I do not forgive is the decision not to provide the original editions of the OT on DVD or Blu-Ray, and I will refuse to do so until that travesty is undone.

I prefer the prequels over Ep. 7 & 8.

I like Rogue One, because it actually felt like a Star Wars movie.....and Vader was totally badass.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #76 posted 08/14/18 2:48pm

EmmaMcG

uPtoWnNY said:



namepeace said:




uPtoWnNY said:




Return of the Care Bears is when Lucas lost it, Teddy bears taking down military trained stormtroopers???? The movie would have been great had he used Wookies. Using Hayden Christensen on the specialized version was beyond idiotic.




I could forgive Lucas for the Ewoks, Jar Jar Binks, and the worst elements of the prequels (which weren't all bad).

What I do not forgive is the decision not to provide the original editions of the OT on DVD or Blu-Ray, and I will refuse to do so until that travesty is undone.




I prefer the prequels over Ep. 7 & 8.



I like Rogue One, because it actually felt like a Star Wars movie.....and Vader was totally badass.



I genuinely don't understand what a Star Wars movie is supposed to "feel like". Even the original 3 movies had a different feel to each other. And the prequels all felt, to me, like a cartoon made by someone who didn't understand the plot of the originals or what made them fun. If anything, I think Episode 7 came closest to capturing the spirit of A New Hope.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #77 posted 08/15/18 5:19am

DaveT

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

uPtoWnNY said:

I prefer the prequels over Ep. 7 & 8.

I like Rogue One, because it actually felt like a Star Wars movie.....and Vader was totally badass.

I genuinely don't understand what a Star Wars movie is supposed to "feel like". Even the original 3 movies had a different feel to each other. And the prequels all felt, to me, like a cartoon made by someone who didn't understand the plot of the originals or what made them fun. If anything, I think Episode 7 came closest to capturing the spirit of A New Hope.


The prequels have been on TV the last few weeks in the UK ... been dipping in and out of them. The CGI in places looks horrendous now, the films really aren't aging well. In comparison the original trilogy looks so much better.

www.filmsfilmsfilms.co.uk - The internet's best movie site!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #78 posted 08/15/18 5:26am

EmmaMcG

DaveT said:



EmmaMcG said:


uPtoWnNY said:



I prefer the prequels over Ep. 7 & 8.



I like Rogue One, because it actually felt like a Star Wars movie.....and Vader was totally badass.



I genuinely don't understand what a Star Wars movie is supposed to "feel like". Even the original 3 movies had a different feel to each other. And the prequels all felt, to me, like a cartoon made by someone who didn't understand the plot of the originals or what made them fun. If anything, I think Episode 7 came closest to capturing the spirit of A New Hope.


The prequels have been on TV the last few weeks in the UK ... been dipping in and out of them. The CGI in places looks horrendous now, the films really aren't aging well. In comparison the original trilogy looks so much better.



In fairness, the CGI in the prequels was bad for the time, it's no wonder why it looks so dated now. I'm a big fan of the use of miniatures and practical effects. If the CGI isn't up to MCU levels of quality then practical effects are by far the better option. Just compare the space-set scenes in Phantom Menace to 2001 A Space Odyssey.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #79 posted 08/15/18 6:55am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

EmmaMcG said:

uPtoWnNY said:

I prefer the prequels over Ep. 7 & 8.

I like Rogue One, because it actually felt like a Star Wars movie.....and Vader was totally badass.

I genuinely don't understand what a Star Wars movie is supposed to "feel like". Even the original 3 movies had a different feel to each other. And the prequels all felt, to me, like a cartoon made by someone who didn't understand the plot of the originals or what made them fun. If anything, I think Episode 7 came closest to capturing the spirit of A New Hope.

the first 3 had a sense of hope mystery excitement and wonder

.

I did not feel any of that from Rogue One (even though I appreciate it, but outside of the droid, I did not care to know more about the characters nor did I feel a loss when they died. I felt way more sadness when the Ewok in 6 was killed and the Jawas in 4 and definately the Jedi in 2 and 3) but definately not from 7 or 8. I got the total opposite.

.

I still had the feeling of excitement wonder mystery from 1 2 3 but also dread

[Edited 8/15/18 6:58am]

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #80 posted 08/15/18 6:58am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

namepeace said:

uPtoWnNY said:

Return of the Care Bears is when Lucas lost it, Teddy bears taking down military trained stormtroopers???? The movie would have been great had he used Wookies. Using Hayden Christensen on the specialized version was beyond idiotic.


I could forgive Lucas for the Ewoks, Jar Jar Binks, and the worst elements of the prequels (which weren't all bad).

What I do not forgive is the decision not to provide the original editions of the OT on DVD or Blu-Ray, and I will refuse to do so until that travesty is undone.


When 4-6 were remastered with all the "additions" they released a DVD box set that includes the original versions (since there was a lot of blow back from fans) but the DVDs were not remastered and do not look visually as good. I have this box set smile

It would be so great if they released 4-6 digitally remastered on blu-ray. beg

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #81 posted 08/15/18 7:22am

DaveT

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

DaveT said:


The prequels have been on TV the last few weeks in the UK ... been dipping in and out of them. The CGI in places looks horrendous now, the films really aren't aging well. In comparison the original trilogy looks so much better.

In fairness, the CGI in the prequels was bad for the time, it's no wonder why it looks so dated now. I'm a big fan of the use of miniatures and practical effects. If the CGI isn't up to MCU levels of quality then practical effects are by far the better option. Just compare the space-set scenes in Phantom Menace to 2001 A Space Odyssey.


I'm struggling to remember some examples of good CGI from that time now! biggrin I guess the ones that were good don't stick out as you don't notice them. I'm with you there, give me practical effects over CGI any day of the week.

The other thing I noticed was some of the horrendous line reading. Its definitely not the actors (Ewan Mcgregor was one of the worst offenders but we know he can act) so I can only assume it was Lucas, his script, and what he was requesting from those on set. A lot of the lines were toe-curlingly bad.

The horrible line reading is only highlighted further when a decent bit of acting comes along, for example Mcgregor imploring with Anakin after he'd turned him in to the sausage roll, "You were the chosen one" ... you question why he wasn't allowed to read the rest of his lines this naturally.

www.filmsfilmsfilms.co.uk - The internet's best movie site!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #82 posted 08/15/18 7:27am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

DaveT said:

EmmaMcG said:

DaveT said: In fairness, the CGI in the prequels was bad for the time, it's no wonder why it looks so dated now. I'm a big fan of the use of miniatures and practical effects. If the CGI isn't up to MCU levels of quality then practical effects are by far the better option. Just compare the space-set scenes in Phantom Menace to 2001 A Space Odyssey.


I'm struggling to remember some examples of good CGI from that time now! biggrin I guess the ones that were good don't stick out as you don't notice them. I'm with you there, give me practical effects over CGI any day of the week.

The other thing I noticed was some of the horrendous line reading. Its definitely not the actors (Ewan Mcgregor was one of the worst offenders but we know he can act) so I can only assume it was Lucas, his script, and what he was requesting from those on set. A lot of the lines were toe-curlingly bad.

The horrible line reading is only highlighted further when a decent bit of acting comes along, for example Mcgregor imploring with Anakin after he'd turned him in to the sausage roll, "You were the chosen one" ... you question why he wasn't allowed to read the rest of his lines this naturally.

YES! the scripts for 1-3 were not well crafted at all. Boring story telling. disbelief Actors can only do so much as some directors want a line for line reading and do not allow them to embellish or add "better" lines as they go.

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #83 posted 08/15/18 9:13am

EmmaMcG

DaveT said:



EmmaMcG said:


DaveT said:



The prequels have been on TV the last few weeks in the UK ... been dipping in and out of them. The CGI in places looks horrendous now, the films really aren't aging well. In comparison the original trilogy looks so much better.



In fairness, the CGI in the prequels was bad for the time, it's no wonder why it looks so dated now. I'm a big fan of the use of miniatures and practical effects. If the CGI isn't up to MCU levels of quality then practical effects are by far the better option. Just compare the space-set scenes in Phantom Menace to 2001 A Space Odyssey.


I'm struggling to remember some examples of good CGI from that time now! biggrin I guess the ones that were good don't stick out as you don't notice them. I'm with you there, give me practical effects over CGI any day of the week.

The other thing I noticed was some of the horrendous line reading. Its definitely not the actors (Ewan Mcgregor was one of the worst offenders but we know he can act) so I can only assume it was Lucas, his script, and what he was requesting from those on set. A lot of the lines were toe-curlingly bad.

The horrible line reading is only highlighted further when a decent bit of acting comes along, for example Mcgregor imploring with Anakin after he'd turned him in to the sausage roll, "You were the chosen one" ... you question why he wasn't allowed to read the rest of his lines this naturally.



Jurassic Park and Terminator 2 came out years before Phantom Menace and had much better CGI.

I have a soft spot for the prequels because I seen them before I seen the originals. They were my entryway into the series. They're not good movies. And yet if they're on TV, I'll watch them.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #84 posted 08/15/18 9:37am

namepeace

EmmaMcG said:

uPtoWnNY said:

I prefer the prequels over Ep. 7 & 8.

I like Rogue One, because it actually felt like a Star Wars movie.....and Vader was totally badass.

I genuinely don't understand what a Star Wars movie is supposed to "feel like". Even the original 3 movies had a different feel to each other. And the prequels all felt, to me, like a cartoon made by someone who didn't understand the plot of the originals or what made them fun. If anything, I think Episode 7 came closest to capturing the spirit of A New Hope.


I think the plot of prequels was good, and set up the Clone Wars, rise of the Empire and fall of Anakin well. The prequels had enough good actors and good characters (old and new). I set a terrible tone (it did feel like an awful carton at times; II was arguably more disappointing, with a love story that lacked chemistry; and III finally produced a worthy film from beginning to end in spite of its problems. Rusty directing and stilted writing weighed the trilogy down.

Still, I had the best new character (Darth Maul) and best saber battle of all the films; II had good action sequences; and III was a good film. I can mine the good from the bad and enjoy the prequels on the whole.

VII and VIII are superior SW films because they are informed by the mistakes of the prequels. The chemistry among the characters is genuine, the humor is not forced. They're not without their flaws but I'd take them over the prequels.

For my twocents, both Clone Wars animated series were the best things to come out of the prequel era.

[Edited 8/15/18 9:39am]

Good night, sweet Prince | 7 June 1958 - 21 April 2016

Props will be withheld until the showing and proving has commenced. -- Aaron McGruder
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #85 posted 08/17/18 6:37pm

SquirrelMeat

avatar

namepeace said:

SquirrelMeat said:

I think Ian McDiarmid is a great actor, but I thought he was terrible in many of the scenes in 1-3. Example, when he told the story of Darth Plagueus, you want a subtle face as to how he died. Instead, we got an obvious 'I did it' grin. Likewise, when he took down 3 Jedi Masters with slow motion thrusting.

I don't blame the actor, I blame the director.


McDiarmid was arguably the best thing about III, but I agree, the direction drug the cast down to its level throughout the prequels.

I'd heard some years back that Spielberg turned down Lucas' request to direct the prequels and encouraged Lucas to do them himself. Is that true?


Lucas originally wanted Spielberg to direct Return of The Jedi, but it didn't happen due to Lucas' ongoing dispute with the Directors Guild (or it was used as an excuse).

.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #86 posted 08/23/18 1:55am

JorisE73

SquirrelMeat said:

namepeace said:


McDiarmid was arguably the best thing about III, but I agree, the direction drug the cast down to its level throughout the prequels.

I'd heard some years back that Spielberg turned down Lucas' request to direct the prequels and encouraged Lucas to do them himself. Is that true?


Lucas originally wanted Spielberg to direct Return of The Jedi, but it didn't happen due to Lucas' ongoing dispute with the Directors Guild (or it was used as an excuse).

I think it wqas David Lynch who turned down Lucas for Episode VI and told him he should do it himself and then made Dune. Spielberg wanted to do a prequel but Lucas refused and claimed he wanted to do those himself even though he was asking directors other than Spielberg to direct the prequels.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #87 posted 08/23/18 10:50am

namepeace

JorisE73 said:

SquirrelMeat said:

Spielberg wanted to do a prequel but Lucas refused and claimed he wanted to do those himself even though he was asking directors other than Spielberg to direct the prequels.


I'm begging you to tell me that isn't true. I could have accepted the other rumor I posted, which is the exact opposite, because it was a viable defense for Lucas' direction.


I hope and pray they Spielberg does at least a one-off in the franchise.

(In any event, I would not be surprised to see a reboot of the whole Skywalker Saga in my lifetime.)

Good night, sweet Prince | 7 June 1958 - 21 April 2016

Props will be withheld until the showing and proving has commenced. -- Aaron McGruder
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #88 posted 08/23/18 11:35am

kpowers

avatar

hqdefault.jpgstar-wars-donny-marie-osmond.jpg

Marie Osmond made a good princess Leia

[Edited 8/23/18 11:45am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #89 posted 08/23/18 12:52pm

namepeace

kpowers said:

hqdefault.jpgstar-wars-donny-marie-osmond.jpg

Marie Osmond made a good princess Leia

[Edited 8/23/18 11:45am]


Donny looks like he's modeling Prince's alternate outfit for the "I Wanna Be Your Lover" video.

In an alternate reality, I'd bet Kris Kristofferson would have been a great Han Solo.

Good night, sweet Prince | 7 June 1958 - 21 April 2016

Props will be withheld until the showing and proving has commenced. -- Aaron McGruder
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Star Wars Episode IX