independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 14th Nov 2019 12:57pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > More hip-trouble rumors?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 8 of 12 « First<3456789101112>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #210 posted 06/11/09 9:45am

contrapposto

avatar

Whistler said:

If this were true why in the hell would he do 3 shows on one night?


$?
bunny2 heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #211 posted 06/11/09 9:49am

ernestsewell

Whistler said:

If this were true why in the hell would he do 3 shows on one night?


Drugs and denial.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #212 posted 06/11/09 10:47am

Jeffiner

contrapposto said:

Whistler said:

If this were true why in the hell would he do 3 shows on one night?


$?


He didn't do the aftershows in London for $/£... he didn't charge anything like enough for it to be about that, I think he just loves to do it, otherwise as others have said he would have disappeared a long time ago...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #213 posted 06/11/09 12:21pm

laurarichardso
n

ernestsewell said:

Whistler said:

If this were true why in the hell would he do 3 shows on one night?


Drugs and denial.

--
Your so wrong dude. Don't you think he likes performing. He has said many times that is when he is happy.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #214 posted 06/11/09 12:25pm

NoVideo

avatar

truefunksoldier said:

JustErin said:

If this is true, Prince is a bigger moron than I thought - which in recent years is pretty damn big.


Religion can bring out the moron in people faster than anything.



nod
* * *

Prince's Classic Finally Expanded
The Deluxe 'Purple Rain' Reissue

http://www.popmatters.com...n-reissue/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #215 posted 06/11/09 12:59pm

Anxiety

laurarichardson said:

ernestsewell said:



Drugs and denial.

--
Your so wrong dude. Don't you think he likes performing. He has said many times that is when he is happy.


you're BOTH probably right, you know.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #216 posted 06/11/09 1:17pm

ernestsewell

laurarichardson said:

ernestsewell said:



Drugs and denial.

--
Your so wrong dude. Don't you think he likes performing. He has said many times that is when he is happy.


I never said anything about him not liking performing. I said he can get through it by drugs to cover the pain and denial about the need for surgery. You're cute when you're confrontational.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #217 posted 06/11/09 1:20pm

ganesh

avatar

Anxiety said:

laurarichardson said:


--
Your so wrong dude. Don't you think he likes performing. He has said many times that is when he is happy.


you're BOTH probably right, you know.


I do not agree I saw him face to face eyes to eyes and he didn't seem to do any drug, cause his eyes look straight..Someone who's addicted doesn't look like that..
We make our own way to heaven everyday
"The only Love there is, is the Love we make"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #218 posted 06/11/09 1:51pm

laurarichardso
n

ernestsewell said:

laurarichardson said:


--
Your so wrong dude. Don't you think he likes performing. He has said many times that is when he is happy.


I never said anything about him not liking performing. I said he can get through it by drugs to cover the pain and denial about the need for surgery. You're cute when you're confrontational.

-
You're cute when you believe gossip and post it as if were true.
Since P is now addicted to pain killers per Roger Freidman. biggrin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #219 posted 06/11/09 1:58pm

JustErin

avatar

ganesh said:

Anxiety said:



you're BOTH probably right, you know.


I do not agree I saw him face to face eyes to eyes and he didn't seem to do any drug, cause his eyes look straight..Someone who's addicted doesn't look like that..


Sure they can. lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #220 posted 06/11/09 3:34pm

Jeffiner

ganesh said:

Anxiety said:



you're BOTH probably right, you know.


I do not agree I saw him face to face eyes to eyes and he didn't seem to do any drug, cause his eyes look straight..Someone who's addicted doesn't look like that..


I agree, I looked straight into his eyes for quite a while, from a couple of yards away, there was absolutely nothing not clear and 'with it' about them I promise you, spookily aware and very 'present' ... pretty too.. wink
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #221 posted 06/11/09 3:46pm

Anxiety

Jeffiner said:

ganesh said:



I do not agree I saw him face to face eyes to eyes and he didn't seem to do any drug, cause his eyes look straight..Someone who's addicted doesn't look like that..


I agree, I looked straight into his eyes for quite a while, from a couple of yards away, there was absolutely nothing not clear and 'with it' about them I promise you, spookily aware and very 'present' ... pretty too.. wink


people go through life maintaining very high pressure, very mentally taxing, very socially exhausting careers, and some of those folks - most of those folks - are smacked out on a whole candy shop of prescription goodies.

when a person wants to give the appearance of maintaining, a person can create that illusion.

for a while.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #222 posted 06/11/09 4:11pm

Jeffiner

Anxiety said:

Jeffiner said:



I agree, I looked straight into his eyes for quite a while, from a couple of yards away, there was absolutely nothing not clear and 'with it' about them I promise you, spookily aware and very 'present' ... pretty too.. wink


people go through life maintaining very high pressure, very mentally taxing, very socially exhausting careers, and some of those folks - most of those folks - are smacked out on a whole candy shop of prescription goodies.

when a person wants to give the appearance of maintaining, a person can create that illusion.

for a while.


Oh ok....is that what you thought when you looked straight into his eyes....? wink
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #223 posted 06/11/09 4:14pm

Erika2k8

If its a rumour then aight let it pass..but if it isnt..then PRINCE stop clowning and get some surgery
I know your JW but your ''still taking pain killers'' which im friends with JWs and they dont take it so its a lose lose situation
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #224 posted 06/11/09 4:15pm

Anxiety

Jeffiner said:

Anxiety said:



people go through life maintaining very high pressure, very mentally taxing, very socially exhausting careers, and some of those folks - most of those folks - are smacked out on a whole candy shop of prescription goodies.

when a person wants to give the appearance of maintaining, a person can create that illusion.

for a while.


Oh ok....is that what you thought when you looked straight into his eyes....? wink


at which show? i've been to a few.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #225 posted 06/11/09 4:25pm

funkteer

avatar

Narcotic pain killers and opiates are not in the same class of drugs as anti-inflammatory medication commonly prescribed to treat arthritis and joint diseases. Who here knows for sure what Prince is taking? I bet you not one of you.
"It's hard 4 me 2 say what's right when all I want to do is wrong..."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #226 posted 06/11/09 4:27pm

Anxiety

funkteer said:

Narcotic pain killers and opiates are not in the same class of drugs as anti-inflammatory medication commonly prescribed to treat arthritis and joint diseases. Who here knows for sure what Prince is taking? I bet you not one of you.


and if someone DID know, i'd hope they wouldn't be stupid enough to post it on the .org. lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #227 posted 06/11/09 5:11pm

funkteer

avatar

Anxiety said:

funkteer said:

Narcotic pain killers and opiates are not in the same class of drugs as anti-inflammatory medication commonly prescribed to treat arthritis and joint diseases. Who here knows for sure what Prince is taking? I bet you not one of you.


and if someone DID know, i'd hope they wouldn't be stupid enough to post it on the .org. lol


Never underestimate the stupidity and the arrogance of a junkie.
"It's hard 4 me 2 say what's right when all I want to do is wrong..."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #228 posted 06/11/09 5:25pm

blackguitarist
z

avatar

Anxiety said:

Jeffiner said:



Oh ok....is that what you thought when you looked straight into his eyes....? wink


at which show? i've been to a few.

At ANY show Anx..Come on player, u KNOW what she's asking u. One show, 20 shows, whatever...
SynthiaRose said "I'm in love with blackguitaristz. Especially when he talks about Hendrix."
nammie "What BGZ says I believe. I have the biggest crush on him."
http://ccoshea19.googlepa...ssanctuary
http://ccoshea19.googlepages.com
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #229 posted 06/11/09 5:31pm

pplrain

avatar

Jeffiner said:

ganesh said:



I do not agree I saw him face to face eyes to eyes and he didn't seem to do any drug, cause his eyes look straight..Someone who's addicted doesn't look like that..


I agree, I looked straight into his eyes for quite a while, from a couple of yards away, there was absolutely nothing not clear and 'with it' about them I promise you, spookily aware and very 'present' ... pretty too.. wink


I looked into his eyes... and hmmmmm! love lick drooling
love2
I forgot what I was about to type, but damn that was good and he is no junkie. wink
[Edited 6/11/09 17:32pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #230 posted 06/11/09 5:38pm

Anxiety

blackguitaristz said:

Anxiety said:



at which show? i've been to a few.

At ANY show Anx..Come on player, u KNOW what she's asking u. One show, 20 shows, whatever...


the few times i've held any kind of eye contact at a show, it's always had a really good natured, playful, jovial vibe to it. he's in the moment and having a good time. no big whoop.

although

the man certainly does wear sunglasses a lot, particularly on recent television appearances

and

he's awfully well known for having people dressed down for making eye contact with him

for whatever all that's worth. shrug
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #231 posted 06/11/09 5:41pm

Imago

Anxiety said:

blackguitaristz said:


At ANY show Anx..Come on player, u KNOW what she's asking u. One show, 20 shows, whatever...


the few times i've held any kind of eye contact at a show, it's always had a really good natured, playful, jovial vibe to it. he's in the moment and having a good time. no big whoop.

although

the man certainly does wear sunglasses a lot, particularly on recent television appearances

and

he's awfully well known for having people dressed down for making eye contact with him

for whatever all that's worth. shrug



Yeah, we're overdue for another one of these: purse
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #232 posted 06/11/09 5:45pm

pplrain

avatar

OK, so no one yet answered my question ... can you jump if you have bad hips.

IMO, if he had hip problems he would not jump continously like he did for housequake. So I kinda don't believe the rumor or at least I hope it isn't true.
[Edited 6/11/09 18:03pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #233 posted 06/11/09 6:02pm

Anxiety

Imago said:




Yeah, we're overdue for another one of these: purse


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #234 posted 06/11/09 6:03pm

Serena

Anxiety said:

Imago said:




Yeah, we're overdue for another one of these: purse




omg

Thanks for the nightmares tonight! sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #235 posted 06/11/09 6:32pm

pplrain

avatar

Anxiety said:

Imago said:




Yeah, we're overdue for another one of these: purse





eww! Thanks, I just bought up my dinner. Only Prince can do this at that age and still look sexy.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #236 posted 06/11/09 8:06pm

psychodelicide

avatar

Anxiety said:

Imago said:




Yeah, we're overdue for another one of these: purse




falloff
RIP, Prince. A legend has left us, and you will be forever missed. cry

"She probably found her vagina". lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #237 posted 06/11/09 8:17pm

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

avatar

pplrain said:

OK, so no one yet answered my question ... can you jump if you have bad hips.

IMO, if he had hip problems he would not jump continously like he did for housequake. So I kinda don't believe the rumor or at least I hope it isn't true.
[Edited 6/11/09 18:03pm]



Hell, I grew up in the roughest, toughest part of Detroit! I can tell you for a fact that I have seen some doped up people do some pretty amazing shit that while sober, they could NEVER, EVER do!

I'm NOT saying that Prince was doped up when you saw him jumping! I'm just saying that it's not entirely impossible for him to be able to jump on a bad hip or two, if indeed he were!
Here's what bothers ME:

Prince died of an overdose of the drug Fentanyl. Of which, it is very highly fucking likely that he never even knew he'd taken.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #238 posted 06/11/09 8:18pm

Close2u

if Prince needs a piggyback ride to the church to get married I think I could handle it
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #239 posted 06/11/09 8:26pm

micknme

I read the Drfunkenberry post that P does not have hip problems, but it is troubling that this rumor keeps coming up over and over- usually when a rumor pops up over and over, year after year after year it turns out to be true. I think what is evident here is that despite what any of us believe is right for him to do (based on our own religious and/or personal beliefs) we all want him to feel better, and we dont want him to have to resort to any type of pain pills to deal w/ pain because any person w/ a brain in their head knows that pain pills can lead to problems.
What we all want is for P to be pain free.
I dont want to believe the rumor, but it does bother me that it keeps coming up. I would never presume to spread or add to a rumor, I just wish to remark that if P is suffering I personally wish he would just have the surgery to take care of it as long as surgery isnt a problem for him (maybe he does have issues w/ anethesia, or whatever). I just hate to see any human suffer if there is no reason to suffer. I feel God, Buddha, Who ever people believe in wouldnt have allowed for surgeries of any type to be discovered it he/she didnt want us to make use of them.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 8 of 12 « First<3456789101112>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > More hip-trouble rumors?