independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 27th Feb 2020 8:41pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Concerts > Carolina Show Dates 3/21-3/30
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 12 123456789>Last »

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 03/11/11 1:48am

Browzer

Carolina Show Dates 3/21-3/30

FYI

Prince in Cackalacky, Charleston, South Carolina
30th march 2011.

HERE on 101.7 Chuck FM twitter
Tickets on sale on next Tuesday

[Edited 3/11/11 8:39am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 03/11/11 4:35am

DoffieParker

cool http://www.coliseumpac.co....php?id=78

PRINCE COMING TO THE COLISEUM MARCH 30 - TICKETS ON SALE TUESDAY, MARCH 15 AT 10AM!

PRINCE ANNOUNCES WELCOME 2 AMERICA CAROLINA DATES
6 Nights in North & South Carolina
NEW YORK, NY (March 10, 2011) - Prince has declared a string of Purple days in the Carolinas, bringing his extraordinary Welcome 2 America tour to the South for the first time with the announcement of 6 nights in North and South Carolina starting March 21st. The announcement comes on the heels of three Oakland, CA shows and six incredible shows in the New York area that wowed fans and critics with his singular stage presence, leaving them screaming for more each and every night. These shows will mark a homecoming for two members of The New Power Generation, drummer John Blackwell and vocalist/tambourine player Shelby Johnson are both from South Carolina. Tickets go on sale beginning Monday, March 14th at Ticketmaster.com and LiveNation.com, except for Columbia, SC which are available at twctix.com.
The New York Daily News raved, “Prince is worthy of all royal accolades…The hit-friendly show had a kinetic confidence and racing pace that spoke of his singular place in pop history,” while the New York Times said “It’s easy to envision Prince as another Chuck Berry or James Brown, barnstorming for decades to come.” The San Francisco Chronicle raved “spinning, strutting and swaying in his towering heels as if no time had passed since the days he dominated MTV with his angular suits and perfectly sculpted hair… neither his fantastic voice nor his dynamic legs showing any signs of slowing down.”
Prince Welcome 2 America Carolina Show Dates:
March 21st Columbia, SC - Colonial Life Arena On Sale: 3/15 @ 10am ET
March 23rd Raleigh, NC - RBC Center On Sale: 3/14 @ 10am ET
March 24th Charlotte, NC - Time Warner Cable Arena On Sale: 3/14 @ 10am ET
March 26th Greensboro, NC - Greensboro Coliseum On Sale: 3/14 @ 12pm ET
March 28th Greenville, SC - Bi-Lo Center On Sale: 3/15 @ 10am ET
March 30th North Charleston, SC - North Charleston Coliseum On Sale: 3/15 @ 10am ET
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 03/11/11 5:04am

802

It's starting to look like an actual tour now.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 03/11/11 6:03am

remko

avatar

This should be a sticky: so many dates / cities announced at once....

http://www.coliseumpac.com/news.php?id=78

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 03/11/11 6:04am

ARock

avatar

ahhhhh i think imma try to go even though its like a 6hr drive from here and i have to miss a day of school lol lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 03/11/11 6:12am

kevinpnb

avatar

Can't believe he's going to be in my town (Columbia) and I have a tech rehearsal for a play that opens that week!! Thank God for the other dates! Thank you, oh Quixotic One, for your unpredictability!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 03/11/11 6:35am

2elijah

avatar

cool

[Edited 3/11/11 9:39am]

falloff
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 03/11/11 6:41am

npggirl77

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 show is 45 minutes away from me. Another is only about 2 1/2 hours! I am SO THERE!!!!!

-you ain't funky at all, you just a little ol' prude!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 03/11/11 6:48am

purplecam

avatar

Wow, so Prince is going to be invading the south during my birthday period (March 26th) This is great news! Y'all better get "crackalackin" right about now to get that money together to see The King! lol You guys are going to be so in for it, trust me!

I'm not a fan of "old Prince". I'm not a fan of "new Prince". I'm just a fan of Prince. Simple as that
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 03/11/11 6:54am

npggirl77

ARock said:

ahhhhh i think imma try to go even though its like a 6hr drive from here and i have to miss a day of school lol lol

Let me know if you head this way. I'm in NC. He will be about 45 minute away from me for one of the dates. And I will be attending several! smile

-you ain't funky at all, you just a little ol' prude!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 03/11/11 7:05am

npggirl77

purplecam said:

Wow, so Prince is going to be invading the south during my birthday period (March 26th) This is great news! Y'all better get "crackalackin" right about now to get that money together to see The King! lol You guys are going to be so in for it, trust me!

Oh, I have seen him several times. Went all the way from NC to NY in Deember. LOL. But I cannot believe he is actually coming here again. John B. told me on FB that he would, but I figure our guy changes him mind...all too often! Which one/s are you going to Cam? I'd love to meet you! smile

-you ain't funky at all, you just a little ol' prude!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 03/11/11 7:31am

jaynoonan

avatar

Enjoy!! I am still on a purple high from Oakland! cool

"Paisley Park is in your Heart"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 03/11/11 8:27am

chocolate1

avatar

My Grandmother lives in Chester, SC. I haven't seen her in a while... lurking


"Love Hurts.
Your lies, they cut me.
Now your words don't mean a thing.
I don't give a damn if you ever loved me..."

-Cher, "Woman's World"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 03/11/11 8:29am

Chas

avatar

Does anyone have info on ticket prices? I'd like to know if I'll have sell an an arm and a leg or just one of them. Has anyone heard of any presales?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 03/11/11 8:44am

FindingMyself

avatar

hug

DoffieParker said:

cool http://www.coliseumpac.co....php?id=78

PRINCE COMING TO THE COLISEUM MARCH 30 - TICKETS ON SALE TUESDAY, MARCH 15 AT 10AM!

PRINCE ANNOUNCES WELCOME 2 AMERICA CAROLINA DATES
6 Nights in North & South Carolina
NEW YORK, NY (March 10, 2011) - Prince has declared a string of Purple days in the Carolinas, bringing his extraordinary Welcome 2 America tour to the South for the first time with the announcement of 6 nights in North and South Carolina starting March 21st. The announcement comes on the heels of three Oakland, CA shows and six incredible shows in the New York area that wowed fans and critics with his singular stage presence, leaving them screaming for more each and every night. These shows will mark a homecoming for two members of The New Power Generation, drummer John Blackwell and vocalist/tambourine player Shelby Johnson are both from South Carolina. Tickets go on sale beginning Monday, March 14th at Ticketmaster.com and LiveNation.com, except for Columbia, SC which are available at twctix.com.
The New York Daily News raved, “Prince is worthy of all royal accolades…The hit-friendly show had a kinetic confidence and racing pace that spoke of his singular place in pop history,” while the New York Times said “It’s easy to envision Prince as another Chuck Berry or James Brown, barnstorming for decades to come.” The San Francisco Chronicle raved “spinning, strutting and swaying in his towering heels as if no time had passed since the days he dominated MTV with his angular suits and perfectly sculpted hair… neither his fantastic voice nor his dynamic legs showing any signs of slowing down.”
Prince Welcome 2 America Carolina Show Dates:
March 21st Columbia, SC - Colonial Life Arena On Sale: 3/15 @ 10am ET
March 23rd Raleigh, NC - RBC Center On Sale: 3/14 @ 10am ET
March 24th Charlotte, NC - Time Warner Cable Arena On Sale: 3/14 @ 10am ET
March 26th Greensboro, NC - Greensboro Coliseum On Sale: 3/14 @ 12pm ET
March 28th Greenville, SC - Bi-Lo Center On Sale: 3/15 @ 10am ET
March 30th North Charleston, SC - North Charleston Coliseum On Sale: 3/15 @ 10am ET

THANK'S FOR THE INFO hug

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 03/11/11 8:45am

Tamarisk

I'm so unbelievably excited. His timing could be better. Could be worse. I live in Charleston but thing I will go see him in Cola so I can meet my Augusta friends and we can hit our second show together. This will be my fourth show (I think). Can't wait on pricing info. Pre-sales?? Anything? Anyone? Bueller?

Muah!

-Chele

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 03/11/11 8:49am

Illuminations

I live in Manning, SC... so I can have a quick trip to both Columbia and Charleston!! If he's selling his Welcome 2 America shirts, I'll be able to see if they'll fit my big ass!!! lol..

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 03/11/11 8:50am

stillwaiting

Nothing like waking up to news like this. I will probably go to at least 5 of the 6 shows, and wonder if the prices for tickets will be so outrageous, that few will sell out? The recession has not been kind to the south, and shows with high prices don't always do well. Charlotte will probably sell out, but not sure about the others. Either way, I am very happy since I have not had the chance to see him since Musicology Atlanta in 2004.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 03/11/11 8:57am

leeocious

avatar

OMG!! I'm seriously thinking about driving from NY. I've seen the show 2 times already but I think I should push for a 3rd!!

style is lovin urself til everyone else does 2
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 03/11/11 9:02am

getxxxx

avatar

Live Nation should be doing a presale also

doesnt look that is happening

[Edited 3/11/11 10:37am]

Nick Ashford was someone I greatly admired, had the honor of knowing, and was the real-life inspiration for Cowboy Curtis' hair. RIP Nick. - Pee Wee Herman
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 03/11/11 9:06am

wonder505

leeocious said:

OMG!! I'm seriously thinking about driving from NY. I've seen the show 2 times already but I think I should push for a 3rd!!

Me too. haha

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 03/11/11 9:19am

irishwolfhound

avatar

DoffieParker said:

cool http://www.coliseumpac.co....php?id=78

PRINCE COMING TO THE COLISEUM MARCH 30 - TICKETS ON SALE TUESDAY, MARCH 15 AT 10AM!

PRINCE ANNOUNCES WELCOME 2 AMERICA CAROLINA DATES
6 Nights in North & South Carolina
NEW YORK, NY (March 10, 2011) - Prince has declared a string of Purple days in the Carolinas, bringing his extraordinary Welcome 2 America tour to the South for the first time with the announcement of 6 nights in North and South Carolina starting March 21st. The announcement comes on the heels of three Oakland, CA shows and six incredible shows in the New York area that wowed fans and critics with his singular stage presence, leaving them screaming for more each and every night. These shows will mark a homecoming for two members of The New Power Generation, drummer John Blackwell and vocalist/tambourine player Shelby Johnson are both from South Carolina. Tickets go on sale beginning Monday, March 14th at Ticketmaster.com and LiveNation.com, except for Columbia, SC which are available at twctix.com.
The New York Daily News raved, “Prince is worthy of all royal accolades…The hit-friendly show had a kinetic confidence and racing pace that spoke of his singular place in pop history,” while the New York Times said “It’s easy to envision Prince as another Chuck Berry or James Brown, barnstorming for decades to come.” The San Francisco Chronicle raved “spinning, strutting and swaying in his towering heels as if no time had passed since the days he dominated MTV with his angular suits and perfectly sculpted hair… neither his fantastic voice nor his dynamic legs showing any signs of slowing down.”
Prince Welcome 2 America Carolina Show Dates:
March 21st Columbia, SC - Colonial Life Arena On Sale: 3/15 @ 10am ET
March 23rd Raleigh, NC - RBC Center On Sale: 3/14 @ 10am ET
March 24th Charlotte, NC - Time Warner Cable Arena On Sale: 3/14 @ 10am ET
March 26th Greensboro, NC - Greensboro Coliseum On Sale: 3/14 @ 12pm ET
March 28th Greenville, SC - Bi-Lo Center On Sale: 3/15 @ 10am ET
March 30th North Charleston, SC - North Charleston Coliseum On Sale: 3/15 @ 10am ET

this soooooooooo cool.

come 2 LA soon prince and come back 2 ireland soon as well...ha ha

WOLFY:lol:

Welcome 2 wolfys lair!! Make love not war!!!


3121 IRELAND...U CAN COME IF U WANT 2 BUT U CAN NEVER LEAVE!!

OOOOOOH FUNKY IRELAND
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 03/11/11 9:19am

shiloh66

avatar

I just heard this announcement on the radio... I am SOOOO excited... I was honestly prepared to dive to DC or ATL to see him... I can't believe he's going to play Greensboro, just 30 min. away!!! biggrin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 03/11/11 9:23am

kimrachell

chocolate1 said:

My Grandmother lives in Chester, SC. I haven't seen her in a while... lurking

lol dancing jig time for a visit!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 03/11/11 9:25am

NPGSHANE

Anybody know what the ticket pricing was like in Cali? I'm in Atlanta and plan on going to the 26th date. This will mark my 128th time seeing Him in concert. Can't wait.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 03/11/11 9:26am

gyro34

woot! I am so happy for you Carolinas Prince fans! I hope he puts some amazingly Purple shows for you guys and gals. biggrin cool

[Edited 3/11/11 9:26am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 03/11/11 9:32am

uptown26

avatar

woot! Woo hoo!!! PartyUp Carolinas!!!! biggrin

To GOD be the Glory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 03/11/11 9:53am

eddard

avatar

The Greensboro show is about 1/2 hour from where I live. The Raleigh & Charlotte shows are less than 2 hours. I would go to all 3 if my wallet would allow it. sad

Now if I can score some tickets! cool

[Edited 3/11/11 9:53am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 03/11/11 9:55am

stillwaiting

NPGSHANE said:

Anybody know what the ticket pricing was like in Cali? I'm in Atlanta and plan on going to the 26th date. This will mark my 128th time seeing Him in concert. Can't wait.

128, and you're only going to one show? I've been stuck at 39 since 2004...and will probably go to all six. And I'm not exactly rich, either. Of course the last minute announcements keep people from going to multiple shows. Typical Prince....by not giving 3 months notice or more, the shows will sell a little less than they would with advance sales...but that's Prince.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 03/11/11 10:04am

PurpleLove7

avatar

moderator

... saw Prince in NYC's MSG on Feb. 7th, now my man is makin' his way down south. I'm in South Florida, possible 'road trip' [img:$uid]http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif[/img:$uid]

Peace ... & Stay Funky ...

~* The only love there is, is the love "we" make *~

www.facebook.com/purplefunklover
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 12 123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Concerts > Carolina Show Dates 3/21-3/30