independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 17th Feb 2020 8:41pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > The Org's 500 *non-Prince* songs you MUST hear before you die List (read OP before posting)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 22 123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 08/23/12 9:36am

Byron

The Org's 500 *non-Prince* songs you MUST hear before you die List (read OP before posting)

Title is self-explanatory...name a song (not by Prince lol) you feel people "must" hear before they die.

The rules:

1) You can only name ONE song per post.

2) You must wait until 5 other people have posted before you can name another song.

3) No songs by Prince.

4) You must number your songs.

A running list will be kept so you can keep track of what's been listed and what has not.

I'll start things off nod...

1) Frankenstein - Edgar Winter Group

[Edited 8/23/12 9:58am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 08/23/12 9:52am

Empress

1) Bob Dylan

Tangled up in Blue

[Edited 8/23/12 10:01am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 08/23/12 9:59am

Byron

Empress said:

Bob Dylan

Tangled up in Blue

I just added a 4th rule lol...number your songs. nod

Makes it easier to keep track. thumbs up!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 08/23/12 10:22am

paisleypark4

avatar

1. Teena Marie

DEJA VU (I've Been Here Before).

I thank god thank god thank god

Im not coming back no mo!

(I been here befoooooore!!)

I dont wanna come back no no!

cry

[Edited 8/23/12 10:23am]

Download all the shit hop that you can for your kids, neices, nephews, and their friends also. That will prevent them from going out and buying it and will prevent some shit hop sales. Every little bit helps - Andy
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 08/23/12 10:29am

Stymie

1. Let's Love - The Ohio Players.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 08/23/12 10:31am

benjaminira

avatar

paisleypark4 said:

1. Teena Marie

DEJA VU (I've Been Here Before).

I thank god thank god thank god

Im not coming back no mo!

(I been here befoooooore!!)

I dont wanna come back no no!

cry

[Edited 8/23/12 10:23am]

I was just going to post that! Hmmm...now let me get back to thinking!

If it breaks when it bends, U better not put it in!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 08/23/12 10:35am

Byron

Um lol....you guys are supposed to number then in order...right now you're all giving your songs #1 lol

Here's an update of the list:

1) Frankenstein - Edgar Winter Group

2) Tangled up in Blue - Bob Dylan

3) DEJA VU - Teena Marie

4) Let's Love - The Ohio Players

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 08/23/12 10:55am

Stymie

Byron said:

Um lol....you guys are supposed to number then in order...right now you're all giving your songs #1 lol

Here's an update of the list:

1) Frankenstein - Edgar Winter Group

2) Tangled up in Blue - Bob Dylan

3) DEJA VU - Teena Marie

4) Let's Love - The Ohio Players

doh!

That's what I thought you meant but then I thought you meant number our 1-5 songs. lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 08/23/12 11:01am

Azz

5) Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 08/23/12 11:06am

SupaFunkyOrgan
grinderSexy

avatar

6) Rufus featuring Chaka Khan - Magic In Your Eyes

Supreme musicianship, delicate yet deep and sweeping. This song takes longing and devotion to a whole new level.

This kind of voodoo’s hard to find

[Edited 8/23/12 11:09am]

[Edited 8/23/12 11:14am]

2010: Healing the Wounds of the Past.... http://prince.org/msg/8/325740
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 08/23/12 11:06am

Byron

Stymie said:

Byron said:

Um lol....you guys are supposed to number then in order...right now you're all giving your songs #1 lol

Here's an update of the list:

1) Frankenstein - Edgar Winter Group

2) Tangled up in Blue - Bob Dylan

3) DEJA VU - Teena Marie

4) Let's Love - The Ohio Players

doh!

That's what I thought you meant but then I thought you meant number our 1-5 songs. lol

lol

And for the record, you're not limited to 5 songs lol...you can only post after 5 other songs have been posted. That gives more people a chance to have some input nod. So you can post up to 100 songs lol...(one every 5 song posts). thumbs up!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 08/23/12 11:15am

Byron

1) Frankenstein - Edgar Winter Group

2) Tangled up in Blue - Bob Dylan

3) DEJA VU - Teena Marie

4) Let's Love - The Ohio Players

5) Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven

6) Rufus featuring Chaka Khan - Magic In Your Eyes

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 08/23/12 11:27am

Stymie

SupaFunkyOrgangrinderSexy said:

6) Rufus featuring Chaka Khan - Magic In Your Eyes

Supreme musicianship, delicate yet deep and sweeping. This song takes longing and devotion to a whole new level.

This kind of voodoo’s hard to find

[Edited 8/23/12 11:09am]

[Edited 8/23/12 11:14am]

worship

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 08/23/12 11:31am

nd33

7 - Superwoman - Stevie Wonder

[Edited 8/23/12 11:32am]

Music, sweet music, I wish I could caress and...kiss, kiss...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 08/23/12 11:45am

donnyenglish

Green Eyes, Erykah Badu
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 08/23/12 11:48am

benjaminira

avatar

Stymie said:

SupaFunkyOrgangrinderSexy said:

6) Rufus featuring Chaka Khan - Magic In Your Eyes

Supreme musicianship, delicate yet deep and sweeping. This song takes longing and devotion to a whole new level.

This kind of voodoo’s hard to find

[Edited 8/23/12 11:09am]

[Edited 8/23/12 11:14am]

worship

One of my favorite albums of all time!

If it breaks when it bends, U better not put it in!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 08/23/12 11:50am

Harlepolis

9) Jitterbug Waltz by Fats Waller

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 08/23/12 11:57am

benjaminira

avatar

Byron said:

Title is self-explanatory...name a song (not by Prince lol) you feel people "must" hear before they die.

The rules:

1) You can only name ONE song per post.

2) You must wait until 5 other people have posted before you can name another song.

3) No songs by Prince.

4) You must number your songs.

A running list will be kept so you can keep track of what's been listed and what has not.

I'll start things off nod...

1) Frankenstein - Edgar Winter Group

[Edited 8/23/12 9:58am]

That is mental! I loved it! Thanks for sharing!

If it breaks when it bends, U better not put it in!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 08/23/12 12:15pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

10. Aladdin Sane by David Bowie

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 08/23/12 12:23pm

Stymie

nd33 said:

7 - Superwoman - Stevie Wonder

[Edited 8/23/12 11:32am]

Yes lawd. clapping

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 08/23/12 12:36pm

Stymie

purplethunder3121 said:

10. Aladdin Sane by David Bowie

Awesome!!!!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 08/23/12 12:48pm

smoothcriminal
12

11. Maggot Brain - Funkadelic

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 08/23/12 1:52pm

Azz

12. Elton John - Amoreena.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 08/23/12 2:00pm

Moonbeam

avatar

13. Eurythmics - "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)"

Feel free to join in the Prince Album Poll 2018! Let'a celebrate his legacy by counting down the most beloved Prince albums, as decided by you!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 08/23/12 2:02pm

Byron

1) Frankenstein - Edgar Winter Group

2) Tangled up in Blue - Bob Dylan

3) DEJA VU - Teena Marie

4) Let's Love - The Ohio Players

5) Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven

6) Rufus featuring Chaka Khan - Magic In Your Eyes

7) Superwoman - Stevie Wonder

8) Green Eyes - Erykah Badu

9) Jitterbug Waltz - Fats Waller

10) Aladdin Sane - David Bowie

11) Maggot Brain - Funkadelic

12) Elton John - Amoreena

13) Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)

14) Open Up - Chic

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 08/23/12 2:33pm

paligap

avatar

...

15. Rotary Connection - I am the Black Gold of The Sun

...

" I've got six things on my mind --you're no longer one of them." - Paddy McAloon, Prefab Sprout
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 08/23/12 2:38pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

16. Chain of Fools--Aretha Franklin

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 08/23/12 2:40pm

Toofunkyinhere

17. The Killing Moon - Echo and the Bunnymen

We're here, might as well get into it.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 08/23/12 3:08pm

CrabalockerFis
hwife

18) Imagine - John Lennon

[Edited 8/24/12 16:29pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 08/23/12 3:18pm

MickyDolenz

avatar

19. It Be's That Way Sometimes ~ Joe Simon

For 65 years straight, the #1 genre in music, selling wise, was rock n' roll worldwide. Last year (2017) in June, it got de-crowned by hip hop. Hip hop is the #1 genre. It's hip hop - rock - country - pop or pop - country. ~ Pras
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 22 123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > The Org's 500 *non-Prince* songs you MUST hear before you die List (read OP before posting)