independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 8th Dec 2019 7:47am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > VIDEO: Madonna feat. Nicki Minaj & MIA "Give Me All Your Luvin"
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 8 12345678>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 02/03/12 6:32am

Militant

avatar

moderator

VIDEO: Madonna feat. Nicki Minaj & MIA "Give Me All Your Luvin"

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 02/03/12 6:33am

smoothcriminal
12

Listening again.

It's not completely awful.

I just don't like it that much. lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 02/03/12 6:35am

Militant

avatar

moderator

smoothcriminal12 said:

Listening again.

It's not completely awful.

I just don't like it that much. lol

Yeah. I find it quite mediocre. I don't hate it, but I certainly don't love it. This is not a good sign for her.

I think people having strong negative reactions means that there will be people with strong positive reactions, but everybody being indifferent is the worst outcome.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 02/03/12 6:45am

smoothcriminal
12

Militant said:

smoothcriminal12 said:

Listening again.

It's not completely awful.

I just don't like it that much. lol

Yeah. I find it quite mediocre. I don't hate it, but I certainly don't love it. This is not a good sign for her.

I think people having strong negative reactions means that there will be people with strong positive reactions, but everybody being indifferent is the worst outcome.

I don't know, I mean, it's good to see someone her age still slaying the industry, but the song is just so...bleh. Whatever the outcome, I'll support her just because I love seeing ageism in the music industry being shattered.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 02/03/12 6:45am

rdhull

avatar

thats the song???

you gotta be kidding me

c'mon baby, where's ya guts?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 02/03/12 6:45am

smoothcriminal
12

rdhull said:

thats the song???

you gotta be kidding me

lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 02/03/12 6:50am

alphastreet

I thought I would hate it, but I actually like it and it's stuck in my head after 1 listen! I LOVE the blonde wig, she looks like she did 20 years ago, wow! And nikki & MIA are sooo adorable!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 02/03/12 6:55am

smoothcriminal
12

alphastreet said:

I actually like it and it's stuck in my head after 1 listen

lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 02/03/12 6:57am

SoulAlive

that video is excellent! One of her best.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 02/03/12 6:59am

SoulAlive

This will be the first song she performs on the SuperBowl on Sunday.How cool is it to debut your *NEW* single to a massive audience like that?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 02/03/12 7:00am

rlittler81

avatar

alphastreet said:

I thought I would hate it, but I actually like it and it's stuck in my head after 1 listen! I LOVE the blonde wig, she looks like she did 20 years ago, wow! And nikki & MIA are sooo adorable!

Me too, it's cute, fun and quirky. Love seeing her look like Maralyn again!

3121... Don't U Wanna Come?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 02/03/12 7:00am

Musicslave

Regardless of how good or bad it is, They're making sure its going to be bombarded everywhere. Whether by popular demand or not.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 02/03/12 7:08am

SoulAlive

the promotion for this project is MASSIVE!!!

Press Release: Madonna simultaneously launching Give Me All Your Luvin' on billboards, radio, online
LOS ANGELES — Clear Channel is giving Madonna all its luvin’.

The radio giant announced plans Friday to premiere the 53-year-old pop star’s new single “Give Me All Your Luvin’” and its music video across Clear Channel radio stations, electronic billboards and online venues. Clear Channel, which owns 850 stations nationwide, estimated the promotional campaign would reach more than 150 million people around the world.

Beginning on Friday morning, “Give Me All Your Luvin’” is scheduled to premiere simultaneously across 95 radio stations and on more than 1,600 digital billboards in the United States, France, Spain, Sweden, Norway, Singapore, Belgium, Finland and the United Kingdom, as well as on demand at iHeartRadio.com, Clear Channel’s customized online radio service.

“This first-of-its-kind multimedia premiere with Madonna demonstrates the unequalled scope and strength of the entire Clear Channel platform — a range and depth that enables us to work with the most talented and creative artists in the world to develop truly groundbreaking promotional opportunities,” said Bob Pittman, CEO of Clear Channel, in a statement.

The Material Girl push is the latest multimedia endeavor from Clear Channel, which organized a two-day concert in Las Vegas last year that featured the likes of Jay-Z and Lady Gaga and announced last month that it was taking a minority stake in the production company of “American Idol” host Ryan Seacrest, who produces E!’s “Keeping Up with the Kardashians.”

Madonna is expected to perform “Give Me All Your Luvin’” and three other tunes at her Super Bowl halftime performance Sunday in Indianapolis. Her new album “MDNA” is set to be released in March.

Posted Image

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 02/03/12 7:14am

alphastreet

If no one's going to say it, I will

Was the ending supposed to be a nipplegate reference?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 02/03/12 7:23am

rdhull

avatar

Musicslave said:

Regardless of how good or bad it is, They're making sure its going to be bombarded everywhere. Whether by popular demand or not.

yay confused

c'mon baby, where's ya guts?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 02/03/12 8:29am

SoulAlive

http://www.mtv.com/n...vin-video.jhtml

Madonna Goes Old-School In 'Give Me All Your Luvin' ' Video


"Fans can make you famous, a contract can make you rich, the press can make you a superstar, but only luv can make you a player."

And with that message, Madonna's funky, fun and surreal (and almost cartoony) "Give Me All Your Luvin' " video kicks off.

Full of appearances from Nicki Minaj and M.I.A., masked cheerleaders, beefy football players and old-school Madonna references a-plenty, the Megaforce-directed clip is fun and light-hearted, much like the bouncy pop anthem itself.

The clip opens with Nicki and M.I.A. done up in cheerleader costumes chanting Madge's name. It then cuts to Madonna, clad in a trench coat and sunglasses, kicking down the door of her suburban home, pushing along a baby stroller.

From there, the video takes many unusual turns: football players tackling street signs, Madonna abandoning her baby carriage to hang out with her cheerleader crew, shots of her done up in black lingerie and a giant cross (the first of many looks that reference the many looks Madonna has worn over the years) dancing in front of a brick wall.

Sparks falls from the sky as she runs around the streets near her house, her football players protecting her with some giant umbrellas — creating an eye-catching visual. As she makes her way through town (which does little to not look like a movie set), they continue to be by her side and the video begins to play tricks on the viewers' eyes. They help her walk across a world turned sideways. It appears that they may have taken cues from her "Material Girl" video.

Madonna looks like she's having an incredibly fun time throughout the visual — smiling and shimmying her way through this fictional, hyper-fantasy world. Watching the clip, one may wonder what doesn't happen in the video. Madonna gets shot at with old-school guns (perhaps an homage to her "Dick Tracy" days)! She climbs up a giant pile of football players! She plays with a baby doll! (Yes, that happens!)

As the song approaches its breakdown, Madonna fans everywhere will certainly begin to stand out hard.

Carried by her football players into a new setup (some kind of club-like setting), Madonna becomes the "Like a Virgin" version of herself. Dressed in white lace, a curly bob and lots of diamonds, she clearly is paying homage to that infamous era. Her two rapper pals are also dressed in similar looks as they spit their rhymes over the Martin Solveig-produced track. There's also a few other Madonna refs in there: In addition to rolling around on her little stage (you know like she did at the VMAs back in 1984, there's also two girls kissing (she's also done that at the VMAs) and a bunch of Smirnoff vodka bottles (she recently partnered up with the alcohol brand).

From there, Madonna stage-dives into layers upon layers of football players' hands and, at the end of it, gets caught by two of the players. The always-fierce Queen of Pop wraps up the video with a dance routine with all the characters along the way. When one of her masked cheerleader bats the head off one of her football players, she catches the helmet and proudly displays it, surrounded by sparklers.

The video ends with Madonna tossing her baby doll to the side as one final message flashes across the screen: "Touchdown!"

"Give Me" is the lead single off her March album release, MDNA.

0
  • +
  • -
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 02/03/12 8:31am

Musicslave

SoulAlive said:

the promotion for this project is MASSIVE!!!

Press Release: Madonna simultaneously launching Give Me All Your Luvin' on billboards, radio, online
LOS ANGELES — Clear Channel is giving Madonna all its luvin’.

The radio giant announced plans Friday to premiere the 53-year-old pop star’s new single “Give Me All Your Luvin’” and its music video across Clear Channel radio stations, electronic billboards and online venues. Clear Channel, which owns 850 stations nationwide, estimated the promotional campaign would reach more than 150 million people around the world.

Beginning on Friday morning, “Give Me All Your Luvin’” is scheduled to premiere simultaneously across 95 radio stations and on more than 1,600 digital billboards in the United States, France, Spain, Sweden, Norway, Singapore, Belgium, Finland and the United Kingdom, as well as on demand at iHeartRadio.com, Clear Channel’s customized online radio service.

“This first-of-its-kind multimedia premiere with Madonna demonstrates the unequalled scope and strength of the entire Clear Channel platform — a range and depth that enables us to work with the most talented and creative artists in the world to develop truly groundbreaking promotional opportunities,” said Bob Pittman, CEO of Clear Channel, in a statement.

The Material Girl push is the latest multimedia endeavor from Clear Channel, which organized a two-day concert in Las Vegas last year that featured the likes of Jay-Z and Lady Gaga and announced last month that it was taking a minority stake in the production company of “American Idol” host Ryan Seacrest, who produces E!’s “Keeping Up with the Kardashians.”

Madonna is expected to perform “Give Me All Your Luvin’” and three other tunes at her Super Bowl halftime performance Sunday in Indianapolis. Her new album “MDNA” is set to be released in March.

Posted Image

Case in point! lol lol lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 02/03/12 8:37am

SoulAlive

http://www.nydailyne...ksEnabled=false


Madonna’s ‘Give Me All Your Luvin’' single and video score a touchdown days before Super Bowl


Has Madonna, at 53, turned into Sporty Spice in her prime?

That's the athletic persona — and the peppy sound — she adopts for her new video and song, "Give Me All Your Luvin'." Surrounded by pumping cheerleaders and worshipful football players, Madonna shimmies and preens through the clip. Though she'll debut the song live this Sunday, during a time when half the country ducks into the kitchen to replenish the bean dip, here Madonna acts like she's the Super Bowl's central figure, an icon even football heroes must bow before.

Oh, and for some reason, she's wheeling a baby carriage at the start of the clip and, later, nursing a (plastic) baby. Luckily, she winks through every twist and turn, making clear the clip's tone: camp.

It's the right stance for the song. "Give Me" breaks rank with the cool and sophisticated dance songs that marked Madonna's excellent last CD, "Hard Candy." Instead it's a pure snap of bubble gum, closer to an early single like "Burnin' Up" than any of her more recent club hits. Only the rap cameos from the quite camp Nicki Minaj, and the less so M.I.A., tell us what decade we're in. Similarly, Madonna pushes aside the more womanly voice she has used since "Evita," in favor of the yap and squeak of her early days. She even makes lyrical reference to her early '80s single, "Lucky Star."

"Luvin'" doesn't have that song's pop perfection. It's just a trifle. But it's a fun one, brimming with a kind of humor Madonna could always use more of.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 02/03/12 9:05am

Identity

When Madonna initially recorded this song it was titled "Beautiful Stranger." razz

For all the hype, "Give Me..." is a shocking bore and may musically be a step backwards.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 02/03/12 9:23am

lazycrockett

avatar

Retro Lame.

The Most Important Thing In Life Is Sincerity....Once You Can Fake That, You Can Fake Anything.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 02/03/12 9:25am

getxxxx

avatar

Nick Ashford was someone I greatly admired, had the honor of knowing, and was the real-life inspiration for Cowboy Curtis' hair. RIP Nick. - Pee Wee Herman
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 02/03/12 9:32am

CynicKill

smoothcriminal12 said:

Militant said:

Yeah. I find it quite mediocre. I don't hate it, but I certainly don't love it. This is not a good sign for her.

I think people having strong negative reactions means that there will be people with strong positive reactions, but everybody being indifferent is the worst outcome.

I don't know, I mean, it's good to see someone her age still slaying the industry, but the song is just so...bleh. Whatever the outcome, I'll support her just because I love seeing ageism in the music industry being shattered.

Spice Girls 2012!?!

I agree with the ageism sentiment but I'm gonna go and contradict myself by saying Madonna is way too old for this type of thing.

It'll be a hit though.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 02/03/12 9:36am

2020

avatar

Just such a lame song...really...been there done that

Good to see the corporate whore back doing what she does best...sellout!!!!!!

The greatest live performer of our times was is and always will be Prince.

Remember there is only one destination and that place is U
All of it. Everything. Is U.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 02/03/12 9:48am

BlaqueKnight

avatar

Is it just me or does anyone else think M.I.A. is out of place and out of character in this video?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 02/03/12 9:49am

TheResistor

avatar

Well that was cool. She's suck a freak. What's with the baby doll?

I'm confused by the hate towards the song. This is classic Madonna pop. It has an 80s GoGos vibe. And I'm also confused by the ageism, whore names thrown at Madonna. Why do that? Why go on a thread of an artist you don't like?

Anyway, the song is catchy and quickly consumes the brain. Which is what pop is all about. Quick sing-a-long melodies. Madonna is at her best when she keeps it simple. IMO.

rainbow

"...literal people are scary, man
literal people scare me
out there trying to rid the world of its poetry
while getting it wrong fundamentally
down at the church of "look, it says right here, see!" - ani difranco
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 02/03/12 9:51am

Identity


BlaqueKnight said:

Is it just me or does anyone else think M.I.A. is out of place and out of character in this video?

I didn't know M.I.A. was so fine. wink I must admit it one of Madonna's best vids.


[Edited 2/3/12 9:56am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 02/03/12 9:53am

TheResistor

avatar

SoulAlive said:

This will be the first song she performs on the SuperBowl on Sunday.How cool is it to debut your *NEW* single to a massive audience like that?

Yes. And that's the genius of Madonna that I think makes everbody hate her. It's like she's the only artist that has performed at the Super Bowl that actually stopped to think about the fact that it's the most watched show on Television all year long, and she took advantage of it. Releasing this catchy single with the cheerleading chants and the football-heavy video is impressive marketing. Imagine if Prince had promoted his Super Bowl performance?

rainbow

"...literal people are scary, man
literal people scare me
out there trying to rid the world of its poetry
while getting it wrong fundamentally
down at the church of "look, it says right here, see!" - ani difranco
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 02/03/12 9:56am

TheResistor

avatar

BlaqueKnight said:

Is it just me or does anyone else think M.I.A. is out of place and out of character in this video?

I agree with you. She does seem out of place to me too, but I'm a huge M.I.A fan and I just never thought of her as a pop singer but she seems to be having a good time. I'm sure for people who have never heard of her, she fits right in.

rainbow

"...literal people are scary, man
literal people scare me
out there trying to rid the world of its poetry
while getting it wrong fundamentally
down at the church of "look, it says right here, see!" - ani difranco
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 02/03/12 9:59am

TheResistor

avatar

rdhull said:

Musicslave said:

Regardless of how good or bad it is, They're making sure its going to be bombarded everywhere. Whether by popular demand or not.

yay confused

lol


Don't worry it's really easy to avoid these things. To date I have only heard the Gaga Born this Way song once, at a club but other than that I've only "read" things about the song.

And I still don't know what Justin Beber sings. And as famous as Kanye is I could not hum one of his tunes.

rainbow

"...literal people are scary, man
literal people scare me
out there trying to rid the world of its poetry
while getting it wrong fundamentally
down at the church of "look, it says right here, see!" - ani difranco
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 02/03/12 10:00am

rdhull

avatar

Yall fans actually LIKE this song? Be honest (with yourselves).

Im a huge fan but this shit..just no.

For some reason this makes me want to revisit Hard Candy and give it the appreciation I never did.

I hope the rest of the album makes up for this cotton candy boolshet.

c'mon baby, where's ya guts?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 8 12345678>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > VIDEO: Madonna feat. Nicki Minaj & MIA "Give Me All Your Luvin"