independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > SIGN O’ THE TIMES SUPER DELUXE EDITION! - Scheduled for September 18th 2020
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 16 of 27 « First<121314151617181920>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #450 posted 06/25/20 9:28am

KlyphIsBackAga
in

avatar

SquirrelMeat said:

The 7" box set seems nothing more than gouging another $100 out of fans. I won't be going near it.

I think they could have approached this better by releasing a 7"/12" and CD single box set as a companion product to the SDE, without the need to include the edits/mixes in the main package.

The artwork looks great, even if it doesn't match the 1999 & Purple Rain sets. I love the subtle embossed front cover.

Is it expensive? Yes. But as someone who collects 7" records and regularly pays $10-$15 for new release 45s it's definitely not anymore pricey than what this kind of set goes for these days.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #451 posted 06/25/20 9:30am

SchlomoThaHomo

avatar

RODSERLING said:

SchlomoThaHomo said:


That's true indeed. Prince thought the same too, . Of course, there are 3 or 4 gems/discs. That doesn't mean I m not enjoying the material overall, but let s be honest, that doesn't worth 150 bucks.especially not when at the time of the bly ray, they still release VHS-quality. . Even at the time of the release, SOTT wasn't charged that much, Crystal Ball wasn't charged that much, and it was first rate material. . 95 €/$ would have been a fair price compared to the other deluxe editions.


Did he? Is that why he was trying to release a triple set at the time (Crystal Ball), because he thought the material was subpar? Anyway, it's clear you're trolling, as per usual.


"That's when stars collide. When there's space for what u want, and ur heart is open wide."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #452 posted 06/25/20 9:33am

glamlife2

rusty1 said:

the best version of "Witness" is the original rock version. i'm a bit disappointed 😕 ...,, the version 1 with the horns is ok but takes away from the guitar playing throughout. i heard the electronic version & didn't care for it that much. To me, version 1 is the bass, drums, & Guitar version.

I like both versions but the guitar is definitely better on the first version. Hope this could be slipped onto Parade Deluxe if it was recorded in March 1986! (But the rules about inclusion seem a bit slippy indeed!) I even like the "funky" version too... it's a great song full stop!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #453 posted 06/25/20 9:34am

RODSERLING

SchlomoThaHomo said:



RODSERLING said:


SchlomoThaHomo said:





That's true indeed. Prince thought the same too, . Of course, there are 3 or 4 gems/discs. That doesn't mean I m not enjoying the material overall, but let s be honest, that doesn't worth 150 bucks.especially not when at the time of the bly ray, they still release VHS-quality. . Even at the time of the release, SOTT wasn't charged that much, Crystal Ball wasn't charged that much, and it was first rate material. . 95 €/$ would have been a fair price compared to the other deluxe editions.


Did he? Is that why he was trying to release a triple set at the time (Crystal Ball), because he thought the material was subpar? Anyway, it's clear you're trolling, as per usual.




I talked about Crystal Ball you troll. Prince released it in 1998, in case you were not aware.
.
Is there any Crystal Ball track on SOTT deluxe? No, except for alternate version of Crucial and an edit of the Eponym track.
.
Oh, and only trolls use gifs in their posts!
[Edited 6/25/20 9:37am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #454 posted 06/25/20 9:36am

jaawwnn

avatar

Is the "earlier" version of Witness people are talking about the Box O'Chocolates version? As in, this version but earlier in the production?

[Edited 6/25/20 9:37am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #455 posted 06/25/20 9:38am

SquirrelMeat

avatar

poplife4 said:

SquirrelMeat said:

The 7" box set seems nothing more than gouging another $100 out of fans. I won't be going near it.

I think they could have approached this better by releasing a 7"/12" and CD single box set as a companion product to the SDE, without the need to include the edits/mixes in the main package.

The artwork looks great, even if it doesn't match the 1999 & Purple Rain sets. I love the subtle embossed front cover.

How is an optional collectible a price gouge?



Because collectors will feel that cannot avoid buying it.

It's purely a mechanism to gain additional sales by repackaging the same material in a different format.


.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #456 posted 06/25/20 9:41am

tab32792

Exactly




ThirdStrike said:



RODSERLING said:


150 bucks is way too expensive for what it is. . Especially compared to PR deluxe : 25 € for 3 CD+ 1 VHS,so an average of 8€ And 1999 deluxe 55€ for 5 cd +1 VHS, so about 9 €/ disc. . Now with SOTT, 8 CD+1 VHS, that makes for 16.66€/ discs! Knowing the album in itself takes two discs, and was already available at 7€. So in fact, that makes for the 6 other CDs and the VHS for more than 20€/ disc !! . Which is incredibly insane, when you consider the unreleased stuff is for the most sub-par material. . I think I will pass on this one. I bought everything released until now, even the useless Originals deluxe ( where you had to pay 30 bucks more just for the booklet), but I will stick to streaming for this. . This will be the first time ever I will go streaming on Spotify. My friends fans think the same too. We have good wages, but common, the VHS lives were unwatchable, the remastering was awful, and we only care for the unreleased stuff.

More for me then...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #457 posted 06/25/20 9:41am

IstenSzek

avatar

most of us still remember a time in the 90s when we'd pay $ 50,- for a single cd with a few new
outtakes on it. mostly in shitty quality. but it was so worth it.

so i'm not about to complain that i'm getting so many outtakes in great quality now for what is
actually a steal if you compare it to what we used to pay for shit.

also, i've been yearning for this album to be remastered since forever and i'm willing to pay the
price for it.

booklet seems to have had a lot of time put into it, if it's 120 pages. all these things cost money
to produce. also, the mastering of all those vault tracks must have taken quite a few man hours.

than again what do i know. i thought it would be near to impossible to start complaining right
away about this box and yet here people are lol even the first single is a disappointment to
people because it's not the exact version they were hoping for, it has to much reverb on the
fingersnaps or the bass is too heavy at 01:43-01:45 and that sounds like a deliberate ploy by
the engineers to get away with making a hybrid mix and fooling all of us and laughing at us nuts

this is why we can't have nice things neutral

and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #458 posted 06/25/20 9:42am

lazycrockett

avatar

Kares said:

IstenSzek said:

can't complain about the soundquality on "witness". sounds pretty amazing to me. STOKED!

.
Pretty sweet indeed! smile Make sure you set YouTube-playback to HD!
(And I can't wait for the 24bit versions of all these...!)

That HD makes a helluva difference.

The Most Important Thing In Life Is Sincerity....Once You Can Fake That, You Can Fake Anything.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #459 posted 06/25/20 9:43am

DenDen

glamlife2 said:

DenDen said:

What I would like to know is why on Amazon US the SD with 9 discs/dvd is 147 US dollars but in Amazon UK is 147 GBP?

No exchange rate for us Brits?

I'm in UK also. We do get screwed on pricing, but US prices don't include sales tax. Depending on what state you live in you may get charged tax at checkout (for many this adds around $16). So US still cheaper, but not as cheap as it seems.

This just make no sense. 1999 SDE was available for £70. This has only 2 additional discs and is twice the price?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #460 posted 06/25/20 9:46am

poplife4

SquirrelMeat said:

poplife4 said:

How is an optional collectible a price gouge?



Because collectors will feel that cannot avoid buying it.

It's purely a mechanism to gain additional sales by repackaging the same material in a different format.


Hmm, sounds like that's on the collector and not the Estate for offering fun things on the side of the main release.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #461 posted 06/25/20 9:47am

emesem

please update us if you fine out!

MadeUpName said:

ufoclub said:

Is the book only part of the Prince store version?

Great question! The prince.com store's listings 4 the CD and LP SD products doesn't indicate if the book is exclusive, so I doubt that they would have a bookless version at other vendors, but anything is possible. If we had the book's dimensions 4 the CD set and 4 the LP set (i.e., 5"x5" and 12"x12") then we could better guess if it's inside the slip box or a separate item. Maybe I'll email Customer Service the question.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #462 posted 06/25/20 9:54am

Doozer

avatar

RODSERLING said:

150 bucks is way too expensive for what it is. . Especially compared to PR deluxe : 25 € for 3 CD+ 1 VHS,so an average of 8€ And 1999 deluxe 55€ for 5 cd +1 VHS, so about 9 €/ disc. . Now with SOTT, 8 CD+1 VHS, that makes for 16.66€/ discs! Knowing the album in itself takes two discs, and was already available at 7€. So in fact, that makes for the 6 other CDs and the VHS for more than 20€/ disc !! . Which is incredibly insane, when you consider the unreleased stuff is for the most sub-par material. . I think I will pass on this one. I bought everything released until now, even the useless Originals deluxe ( where you had to pay 30 bucks more just for the booklet), but I will stick to streaming for this. . This will be the first time ever I will go streaming on Spotify. My friends fans think the same too. We have good wages, but common, the VHS lives were unwatchable, the remastering was awful, and we only care for the unreleased stuff.



I'd say packaging makes a difference.

PR Deluxe - kinda sub-par, yeah a silver foil, but a small booklet full of mainly 20 different versions of the same spiral staircase photo.

1999 Super Deluxe - a big step up, nice little box and far better booklets with handwritten lyrics and more song details.

SOTT Super Deluxe - Another step up, more discs, and a hardcover 120 page book.

I'll pay $150 once a year for a set like SOTT SD until all his albums are super-deluxed, thankyouverymuch.

Otherwise, sure - stick to streaming if all one is interested in is the music. I'm all-in for the physical releases and other extras, especially for SOTT which has some of the most beautiful photography and design in Prince's catalog.

[Edited 6/25/20 9:57am]

Check out The Mountains and the Sea, a Prince podcast by yours truly and my wife. More info at https://www.facebook.com/TMATSPodcast/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #463 posted 06/25/20 9:55am

MIRvmn

avatar

mbdtyler said:



lurker316 said:



That's Witness version 1? It has horns and backing vocal overdubs. I always assumed that was version 2, and version 1 was the track without horns/backing vocals.




Version 2 is a complete rerecording of the song, with a funkier electronic vibe


Version 2 is my favorite smile
We are living in Orwell's 1984
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #464 posted 06/25/20 9:57am

ThirdStrike

avatar

Ok, has anybody else been able to access the vinyl version for pre-order on Amazon (US)? I can locate the CD version fine. But the vinyl version still shows as “Something Went Wrong” when I click on the link.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #465 posted 06/25/20 9:59am

mediumdry

DenDen said:

glamlife2 said:

I'm in UK also. We do get screwed on pricing, but US prices don't include sales tax. Depending on what state you live in you may get charged tax at checkout (for many this adds around $16). So US still cheaper, but not as cheap as it seems.

This just make no sense. 1999 SDE was available for £70. This has only 2 additional discs and is twice the price?

.

Very different production cost, especially when you factor in the book. Actually, apart from the 3 vault discs and the Utrecht concert (I attended that one), I am looking forward to the book most of all. And it is only a limited run, 2021 and Sony can release the SOTT album, not warners anymore. (also true for 1999, but there was more time then and they noticed from the sales numbers they may have underpriced it, so that's remedied now.)

.

Also.. does the estate need more cashflow currently?

Paisley Park is in your heart - Love Is Here!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #466 posted 06/25/20 10:03am

tecstar

avatar

I pr-ordered the 7" vinyl box set and peach 2LP version (which I would have got anyway). If I wait a bit the 8CD boxset will get cheaper and i'll offset some that 7"box set cost. So cool.

"Lisa, i'm gonna give u the brush, and u're gonna paint the side of the train..."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #467 posted 06/25/20 10:08am

rusty1

glamlife2 said:



rusty1 said:


the best version of "Witness" is the original rock version. i'm a bit disappointed 😕 ...,, the version 1 with the horns is ok but takes away from the guitar playing throughout. i heard the electronic version & didn't care for it that much. To me, version 1 is the bass, drums, & Guitar version.

I like both versions but the guitar is definitely better on the first version. Hope this could be slipped onto Parade Deluxe if it was recorded in March 1986! (But the rules about inclusion seem a bit slippy indeed!) I even like the "funky" version too... it's a great song full stop!



you're right about it might being on a Parade Deluxe.
"Teacher, Teacher" was on 1999 SD & now on "Sign" deluxe.
BOB4theFUNK
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #468 posted 06/25/20 10:19am

darlingnikkkki

September is my birth month so I know what to ask for my birthday! cool
"I want to be the only one you come for...."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #469 posted 06/25/20 10:29am

soladeo1

darlingnikkkki said:

September is my birth month so I know what to ask for my birthday! cool

MINE IS TOO!

9/17!!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #470 posted 06/25/20 10:30am

KlyphIsBackAga
in

avatar

The 7" box is sold out on Third Man, so if you want it I suggest you head to the estate site and get it!!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #471 posted 06/25/20 10:36am

Gustavm

databank said:

SquirrelMeat said:

CD FORMAT

Sign O The Times (Super Deluxe Edition)
Track Listings
Disc: 1
1. Sign O' The Times (2020 Remaster)
2. Play In The Sunshine (2020 Remaster)
3. Housequake (2020 Remaster)
4. The Ballad Of Dorothy Parker (2020 Remaster)
5. It (2020 Remaster)
6. Starfish And Coffee (2020 Remaster)
7. Slow Love (2020 Remaster)
8. Hot Thing (2020 Remaster)
9. Forever In My Life (2020 Remaster)
Disc: 2
1. U Got The Look (2020 Remaster)
2. If I Was Your Girlfriend (2020 Remaster)
3. Strange Relationship (2020 Remaster)
4. I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man (2020 Remaster)
5. The Cross (2020 Remaster)
6. It's Gonna Be A Beautiful Night (2020 Remaster)
7. Adore (2020 Remaster)
Disc: 3
1. Sign O' The Times (Edit) [2020 Remaster]
2. La, La, La, He, He, Hee (Edit) [2020 Remaster]
3. La, La, La, He, He, Hee (Highly Explosive) [2020 Remaster]
4. If I Was Your Girlfriend (Edit) [2020 Remaster]
5. Shockadelica (2020 Remaster)
6. Shockadelica (12" Long Version) [2020 Remaster]
7. U Got the Look (Long Look) [2020 Remaster]
8. Housequake (Edit) [2020 Remaster]
9. Housequake (7 Minutes MoQuake) [2020 Remaster]
10. I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man (Fade) [2020 Remaster]
11. Hot Thing (Edit) [2020 Remaster]
12. Hot Thing (Extended Remix) [2020 Remaster]
13. Hot Thing (Dub Version) [2020 Remaster]
Disc: 4
1. I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man (1979 Version) [2020 Remaster]
2. Teacher Teacher (1985 Version) [2020 Remaster]
3. All My Dreams (2020 Remaster)
4. Can I Play With U? (feat. Miles Davis) [2020 Remaster]
5. Wonderful Day (2020 Remaster)
6. Strange Relationship (2020 Remaster)
7. Visions (2020 Remaster)
8. The Ballad Of Dorothy Parker (With Horns) [2020 Remaster]
9. Witness 4 The Prosecution (Version 1) [2020 Remaster]
10. Power Fantastic (Live in Studio) [2020 Remaster]
11. And That Says What? (2020 Remaster)
12. Love And Sex (2020 Remaster)
13. A Place In Heaven (Prince Vocal) [2020 Remaster]
14. Colors (2020 Remaster)
15. Crystal Ball (7" Mix) [2020 Remaster]
16. Big Tall Wall (Version 1) [2020 Remaster]
17. Nevaeh Ni Ecalp A (2020 Remaster)
18. In A Large Room With No Light (2020 Remaster)
Disc: 5
1. Train (2020 Remaster)
2. It Ain't Over 'Til The Fat Lady Sings (2020 Remaster)
3. Eggplant (Original Prince Vocal) [2020 Remaster]
4. Everybody Want What They Don't Got (2020 Remaster)
5. Blanche (2020 Remaster)
6. Soul Psychodelicide (1986 Master) [2020 Remaster]
7. The Ball (2020 Remaster)
8. Adonis And Bathsheba (2020 Remaster)
9. Forever In My Life (Early Vocal Run-Through) [2020 Remaster]
10. Crucial (Alternate Lyrics) [2020 Remaster]
11. The Cocoa Boys (2020 Remaster)
12. When The Dawn Of The Morning Comes (2020 Remaster)
13. Witness 4 The Prosecution (Version 2) [2020 Remaster]
14. It Be's Like That Sometimes (2020 Remaster)
Disc: 6
1. Emotional Pump (2020 Remaster)
2. Rebirth Of The Flesh (Original Outro) [2020 Remaster]
3. Cosmic Day (2020 Remaster)
4. Walkin' In Glory (2020 Remaster)
5. Wally (2020 Remaster)
6. I Need A Man (2020 Remaster)
7. Promise To Be True (2020 Remaster)
8. Jealous Girl (Version 2) [2020 Remaster]
9. There's Something I Like About Being Your Fool (2020 Remaster)
10. Big Tall Wall (Version 2) [2020 Remaster]
11. A Place In Heaven (Lisa Vocal) [2020 Remaster]
12. Wonderful Day (12" Mix) [2020 Remaster]
13. Strange Relationship (1987 Shep Pettibone Club Mix) [2020 Remaster]
Disc: 7
1. Intro/Sign O' The Times (Live in Utrecht) [2020 Remaster]
2. Play In The Sunshine (Live In Utrecht) [2020 Remaster]
3. Little Red Corvette (Live In Utrecht) [2020 Remaster]
4. Housequake (Live In Utrecht) [2020 Remaster]
5. Girls & Boys (Live In Utrecht) [2020 Remaster]
6. Slow Love (Live In Utrecht) [2020 Remaster]
7. Take The "A" Train / Pacemaker / I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man (Live In Utrecht) [2020 Re
8. Hot Thing (Live In Utrecht) [2020 Remaster]
9. Four (Includes Sheila E. Drum Solo) [Live In Utrecht] [2020 Remaster]
10. If I Was Your Girlfriend (Live In Utrecht) [2020 Remaster]
Disc: 8
1. Let's Go Crazy (Live In Utrecht) [2020 Remaster]
2. When Doves Cry (Live In Utrecht) [2020 Remaster]
3. Purple Rain (Live In Utrecht) [2020 Remaster]
4. 1999 (Live In Utrecht) [2020 Remaster]
5. Forever In My Life (Live In Utrecht) [2020 Remaster]
6. Kiss (Live In Utrecht) [2020 Remaster]
7. The Cross (Live In Utrecht) [2020 Remaster]
8. It's Gonna Be A Beautiful Night (Live In Utrecht) [2020 Remaster]
Disc: 9 DVD
1. Sign O' The Times (Live at Paisley Park, Minneapolis, MN, 12/31/1987)
2. Play In The Sunshine (Live at Paisley Park, Minneapolis, MN, 12/31/1987)
3. Little Red Corvette (Live at Paisley Park, Minneapolis, MN, 12/31/1987)
4. Erotic City (Live at Paisley Park, Minneapolis, MN, 12/31/1987)
5. Housequake (Live at Paisley Park, Minneapolis, MN, 12/31/1987)
6. Slow Love (Live at Paisley Park, Minneapolis, MN, 12/31/1987)
7. Do Me, Baby (Live at Paisley Park, Minneapolis, MN, 12/31/1987)
8. Adore (Live at Paisley Park, Minneapolis, MN, 12/31/1987)
9. I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man (Live at Paisley Park, Minneapolis, MN, 12/31/1987)
10. What's Your Name Jam (Live at Paisley Park, Minneapolis, MN, 12/31/1987)
11. Let's Pretend We're Married (Live at Paisley Park, Minneapolis, MN, 12/31/1987)
12. Delirious (Live at Paisley Park, Minneapolis, MN, 12/31/1987)
13. Jack U Off (Live at Paisley Park, Minneapolis, MN, 12/31/1987)
14. Drum Solo (Live at Paisley Park, Minneapolis, MN, 12/31/1987)
15. Twelve (Live at Paisley Park, Minneapolis, MN, 12/31/1987)
16. Hot Thing (Live at Paisley Park, Minneapolis, MN, 12/31/1987)
17. If I Was Your Girlfriend (Live at Paisley Park, Minneapolis, MN, 12/31/1987)
18. Let's Go Crazy (Live at Paisley Park, Minneapolis, MN, 12/31/1987)
19. When Doves Cry (Live at Paisley Park, Minneapolis, MN, 12/31/1987)
20. Purple Rain (Live at Paisley Park, Minneapolis, MN, 12/31/1987)
21. 1999 (Live at Paisley Park, Minneapolis, MN, 12/31/1987)
22. U Got The Look (Live at Paisley Park, Minneapolis, MN, 12/31/1987)

My 2 cents:

.

- The B-sides and remixes CD lacks the music video versions of U Got The Look and ICNTTPOYM? but since both are in the movie it's possible this is related to a rights problem. Sadly, the Razormaid Mix of Housequake isn't included either (it was released on a Razormaid compilation so technically counts as released in connexion to the album), but again it's possible there is a rights issue with Razormaid, IDK.

.

- The 3 CDs of outtakes sound fine to me. The most blatant omission is the Dream Factory Musical suite (Can't Stop, Data Bank, We Can Funk, Girl O' My Dreams), but admitedly they couldn't include everything anyway, and that leaves material for future releases.

.

- I'm a bit confused with the includion of 1979 and 1985 material, since 1999 Deluxe suggested they took the approach to release the material based on release date not the project it ended on (or was considered for), but whatever, I've reached the point where I don't care what they release as long as they release something and it's not hybrid posthumous mixes such as what we got on Originals.

.

- As pointed by others, it won't be totally possible for us to recreate any DF, Camille or CB config with the material included there. I think it's better that way because, as suggested by someone, those early album configurations would make perfect RSD releases. Prince left many work in progress configurations behind him, and if the estate was to release one or 2 each year for RSD, this would make many a fan happy. Hopefully they'll consider it. Then, sequencing (including the length of silence between tracks) could be respected and we'd get exactly what Prince tried.

.

- I'm fine with the shows, too. I just hope they can and will mix the video show as well, not give usabootleg sounding thing like the 1999 video show (I'm still unsure whether they couldn't or wouldn't mix and clean-up this one).

What is a 'RSD' release?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #472 posted 06/25/20 10:39am

MadeUpName

avatar

RSD = Record Store Day

"purplelectricity whenever our bodies touch"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #473 posted 06/25/20 10:39am

motherfunka

avatar

emesem said:

please update us if you fine out!

MadeUpName said:

Great question! The prince.com store's listings 4 the CD and LP SD products doesn't indicate if the book is exclusive, so I doubt that they would have a bookless version at other vendors, but anything is possible. If we had the book's dimensions 4 the CD set and 4 the LP set (i.e., 5"x5" and 12"x12") then we could better guess if it's inside the slip box or a separate item. Maybe I'll email Customer Service the question.

The book isn't exclusive to Prince.com. Townsend Music.com, for example, has it listed as "Housed in a 12" box and accompanied by a 12" 120 page hardback book". That description is on both the CD and LP versions, so it looks like the book will be the same size for both.

TRUE BLUE
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #474 posted 06/25/20 10:43am

nelcp777

sulls said:

BartVanHemelen said:

Holy crap, there is a singles box set???? Or is this simply the art for the LP box set? But then why this look & feel?

.

DNmDYTA.jpg

.

[Edited 6/25/20 6:29am]

That's pretty cool!

Orgasm! So cool!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #475 posted 06/25/20 10:43am

lustmealways

avatar

track times are all up here

https://www.qobuz.com/gb-...g2r9rz7obc

some things of interest... 5+ minute Cosmic Day, Rebirth is substantially longer, Wally is sort of similar in length to the leak.

[Edited 6/25/20 10:45am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #476 posted 06/25/20 10:45am

nelcp777

lottusflower said:

Sign O' The Times Limited Edition 7" Vinyl Singles Box Set is strictly limited to 1,987 units, and manufactured by Third Man Pressing in Detroit. Containing remastered audio for all four official 7” singles released in 1987, as well as the two official Warner Records promo singles, the set contains a brand new 7” single comprising two versions of the previously unreleased track “Witness 4 The Prosecution”. All seven 7” singles are presented on peach vinyl in picture sleeves, of which three are newly designed using exclusive photography from Jeff Katz. Each set is accompanied by one of six special collectors picture cards, and is housed in a 7” box that is hand-numbered (of a total run of 1,987 units). Track List 1A Sign "O" The Times (Edit) 1B La, La, La, He, He, Hee (Edit) 2A If I Was Your Girlfriend (Edit) 2B Shockadelica 3A U Got The Look 3B Housequake (Edit) 4A I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man (Fade) 4B Hot Thing (Edit) 5A Hot Thing (Edit) 5B Hot Thing (Edit) 6A The Cross 6B Adore 7A Witness 4 The Prosecution (Version 1) 7B Witness 4 The Prosecution (Version 2) Tracks 7A and 7B previously unreleased

Where do you order this?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #477 posted 06/25/20 10:46am

MadeUpName

avatar

motherfunka said:

emesem said:

please update us if you fine out!

The book isn't exclusive to Prince.com. Townsend Music.com, for example, has it listed as "Housed in a 12" box and accompanied by a 12" 120 page hardback book". That description is on both the CD and LP versions, so it looks like the book will be the same size for both.

I don't know if I trust the information on the Townsend Music webpages. Their CD SOTT SD also says that the CD set is housed in a 12" box, and that would be odd for a CD set given how the 1999 SD set was packaged. Although, it's not completely impossible. I'll wait 4 more clarity from the Prince Store and Estate. Check out this Townsend CD webpage https://townsendmusic.sto...p?id=65984

"purplelectricity whenever our bodies touch"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #478 posted 06/25/20 10:47am

MadeUpName

avatar

nelcp777 said:

lottusflower said:

Sign O' The Times Limited Edition 7" Vinyl Singles Box Set is strictly limited to 1,987 units, and manufactured by Third Man Pressing in Detroit. Containing remastered audio for all four official 7” singles released in 1987, as well as the two official Warner Records promo singles, the set contains a brand new 7” single comprising two versions of the previously unreleased track “Witness 4 The Prosecution”. All seven 7” singles are presented on peach vinyl in picture sleeves, of which three are newly designed using exclusive photography from Jeff Katz. Each set is accompanied by one of six special collectors picture cards, and is housed in a 7” box that is hand-numbered (of a total run of 1,987 units). Track List 1A Sign "O" The Times (Edit) 1B La, La, La, He, He, Hee (Edit) 2A If I Was Your Girlfriend (Edit) 2B Shockadelica 3A U Got The Look 3B Housequake (Edit) 4A I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man (Fade) 4B Hot Thing (Edit) 5A Hot Thing (Edit) 5B Hot Thing (Edit) 6A The Cross 6B Adore 7A Witness 4 The Prosecution (Version 1) 7B Witness 4 The Prosecution (Version 2) Tracks 7A and 7B previously unreleased

Where do you order this?

There were only 2 places, but Third Man Records is now sold out. Last chance is on The Estate store https://store.prince.com/...d0OHLz4BTg There will be only 1,987 of these pressed, which is an extremely small number.

"purplelectricity whenever our bodies touch"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #479 posted 06/25/20 10:48am

poplife4

nelcp777 said:

lottusflower said:

Sign O' The Times Limited Edition 7" Vinyl Singles Box Set is strictly limited to 1,987 units, and manufactured by Third Man Pressing in Detroit. Containing remastered audio for all four official 7” singles released in 1987, as well as the two official Warner Records promo singles, the set contains a brand new 7” single comprising two versions of the previously unreleased track “Witness 4 The Prosecution”. All seven 7” singles are presented on peach vinyl in picture sleeves, of which three are newly designed using exclusive photography from Jeff Katz. Each set is accompanied by one of six special collectors picture cards, and is housed in a 7” box that is hand-numbered (of a total run of 1,987 units). Track List 1A Sign "O" The Times (Edit) 1B La, La, La, He, He, Hee (Edit) 2A If I Was Your Girlfriend (Edit) 2B Shockadelica 3A U Got The Look 3B Housequake (Edit) 4A I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man (Fade) 4B Hot Thing (Edit) 5A Hot Thing (Edit) 5B Hot Thing (Edit) 6A The Cross 6B Adore 7A Witness 4 The Prosecution (Version 1) 7B Witness 4 The Prosecution (Version 2) Tracks 7A and 7B previously unreleased

Where do you order this?

https://store.prince.com/...et?cp=null

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 16 of 27 « First<121314151617181920>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > SIGN O’ THE TIMES SUPER DELUXE EDITION! - Scheduled for September 18th 2020