independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 23rd Sep 2019 3:58am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Update: Upcoming Memorial & Other Events
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 7 of 37 « First<34567891011>Last »

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #180 posted 08/01/16 3:38pm

Bankinherpocke
t

thequeenofthekings said:

Baduizm said:

We're planning a Purple Army convoy to depart from Indy for this!

[Edited 8/1/16 11:28am]



There are at least 2 from Fort Wayne, IN here. Maybe we can meet on the way up? Or if tickets arnt bad from Indy we could head up with u. We were thinking of driving since its only 9 hrs. Tickets looked to be starting around $350 and going up. Seems a bit salty to me since we are buying 2. Id rather save $$$ for events up there. nod let me know. That's if we "get" tickets for the show sad

How did u find out about the ticket price?
Edit: you're talking about airfare I bet! Duh...
[Edited 8/1/16 15:38pm]
U can be the side effect, I'd rather be the dope.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #181 posted 08/01/16 4:13pm

ForeverPaisley

Baduizm said:

We're planning a Purple Army convoy to depart from Indy for this!

[Edited 8/1/16 11:28am]

That is AWESOME!!! If I were anywhere near you I would join in that convoy. Hope to meet you all there though!

Dance where y'are, just groove y'all.
canada
Commemorative Guitar Picks, Buttons & Magnets - check Marketplace 4 info
wave thumbs up!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #182 posted 08/01/16 4:18pm

ForeverPaisley

Bankinherpocket said:

laytonian said:

.

I'll bet the Chanhassen Cinema would host something like that! That's the place where Prince would rent out the theater, after-hours and where the gigantic mural of him was painted.

If they stayed open late for P, they should for fam.

.

Actually, there's nothing booked in the mainroom yet...Thursday, Friday or Saturday. All events on their calendar as far as I can tell are other venues that First Ave manages (Turf Club, etc...)

I will send an email today just inquiring. I wish there was a way to do polls in a new thread, but not enough people go into the 'fan gathering' side to get the numbers in. Trying to figure out if people would prefer a PR screening (or perhaps PR/UTCM double feature) on the Wednesday, or on the Friday? Maybe we could do that informal memorial that was suggested, at PP then all go to that theatre.

I was thinking to have it on the Wednesday, the concert on the Thurs, and then that leaves the Friday/weekend for any other events (hopefully First Ave or such)...

Dance where y'are, just groove y'all.
canada
Commemorative Guitar Picks, Buttons & Magnets - check Marketplace 4 info
wave thumbs up!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #183 posted 08/01/16 4:21pm

ForeverPaisley

rogifan said:

Without traffic it's not bad but if you're driving at all during rush hour plan for at least an hour drive. My plan is to park at the Mall of America in Bloomington and then take light rail to the stadium. It's a really easy/cheap option and it takes you right to the stadium.

Question...is the area around Mall of America easy to get to Downtown/Chanhassen via that rail? Just wanted to think about other areas for accommodation...

Dance where y'are, just groove y'all.
canada
Commemorative Guitar Picks, Buttons & Magnets - check Marketplace 4 info
wave thumbs up!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #184 posted 08/01/16 4:21pm

ForeverPaisley

PURplEMaPLeSyrup said:

ForeverPaisley said:

Is it difficult to get from downtown to Chanhassen without a car? Do you know anything about the local transportation or coach buses? Wonder if I should try to get a movie theatre closer to US Bank Stadium for the screening instead Chanhassen - I assume most people coming into town will stay near there, no? hmmm

there is a weekday/daytime express bus that runs between downtown and the chanhassen transit station, which is maybe 2 miles from paisley park, costs around $3 -- metrotransit.org

Awesome! Thanks for that smile

Dance where y'are, just groove y'all.
canada
Commemorative Guitar Picks, Buttons & Magnets - check Marketplace 4 info
wave thumbs up!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #185 posted 08/01/16 4:23pm

ForeverPaisley

loveandkindness said:

thequeenofthekings said:

donnyenglish said:

We are all so grateful for the tribute/celebration on October 13th. Can we do an informal memorial for fans at Paisley before the concert? I am happy to help plan but we probably need some local people to plan. It would be healing for all of us to have an opportunity to eulogize the man we love so dearly before our celebration that evening. I am not thinking anything complicated. Maybe some balloons, some eulogies, some prayer, maybe we leave a tribute from all of us at Paisley, whatever. Is anyone down?

Sounds good to me. If I can get a ticket, I'll be at the memorial concert. It would be nice to meet up with the org members. We need each other! Our purple army!!!!] I will be be coming from Seattle WA USA I would def like to meet up and get to know the orgers.. I'm working on some special one of s kind symbol neckless...i silversmith for my orgers some with organite... As Prince was worried about the cemtrails some with his birthstome, some with silver and gold and maybe a few copper ones. If we have a official gathering I would be proud to gift one for s raffle prize. Much love.

I'm definitely down for that informal memorial, wondering though if it would be something to do, planning that the day before - and then see if we can coincide that with screenings at the Chanhassen theatre for the Purple Fam ?

Dance where y'are, just groove y'all.
canada
Commemorative Guitar Picks, Buttons & Magnets - check Marketplace 4 info
wave thumbs up!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #186 posted 08/01/16 5:03pm

Arbwyth

avatar

As somebody suggested earlier, if you don't have a car, go to www.metrotransit.org and use the trip planner to figure out your bus trips around the city. There are three buses that go to Chanhassen Monday through Friday. The 692, 695 and 698. They're meant for people who actually live in Chanhassen, which means the buses leave from Chanhassen to Minneapolis in the morning, and Minneapolis to Chanhassen in the evening. They actually go quite late for a suburban bus, with the latest 698 leaving Minneapolis in the evening around 9:30pm or so.

I also wanted to warn people about one thing that weekend. The Minneapolis Zombie Pub Crawl is going on on Saturday October 15th, and it is a giant shyt show full of screaming drunken people dressed like zombies. It's the biggest zombie pub crawl in the country. Unless you're super super into zombies and drunken mess, I would recommend steering clear of that thing altogether. Luckily, I don't think it usually happens in any areas that have significant Prince landmarks, but just be aware of where it is and steer clear: http://zombiepubcrawl.com...nneapolis/
[Edited 8/1/16 18:04pm]
And I see all of your creations as one perfect complex
No one less beautiful
Or more special than the next
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #187 posted 08/01/16 5:31pm

Arbwyth

avatar

ForeverPaisley said:



rogifan said:


Without traffic it's not bad but if you're driving at all during rush hour plan for at least an hour drive. My plan is to park at the Mall of America in Bloomington and then take light rail to the stadium. It's a really easy/cheap option and it takes you right to the stadium.

Question...is the area around Mall of America easy to get to Downtown/Chanhassen via that rail? Just wanted to think about other areas for accommodation...



It's extremely easy to get between the Mall of America and downtown because of the light rail. It's more tricky to get directly from the Mall of America to Chanhassen, though.You would probably have to transfer downtown, and it would depend on the time of day you wanted to do it, as the Chanhassen buses are commuter buses. (This also means they unfortunately don't run on the weekends.) Try www.metrotransit.org as a starting point for planning some of your trips! smile
[Edited 8/1/16 18:07pm]
And I see all of your creations as one perfect complex
No one less beautiful
Or more special than the next
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #188 posted 08/01/16 5:37pm

Arbwyth

avatar

ForeverPaisley said:



laytonian said:




thequeenofthekings said:


ForeverPaisley said: Interested! I think for sure we need to plan some events. I would imagine most of us will stay through most of the weekend? Especially if there are things planned. [Edited 7/30/16 10:21am]

.


I'll bet the Chanhassen Cinema would host something like that! That's the place where Prince would rent out the theater, after-hours and where the gigantic mural of him was painted.



If they stayed open late for P, they should for fam.


.



Awesome! That was one of the three I was scoping out! I will check with them first thing once the more information is released about the event. Hmm. Or maybe just send a preliminary email suggesting it, to see if they even have available evenings. I think Wednesday would be the easiest because weekends are usually less avail. Or even a late night showing after the tribute concert? How far away are they from each other. I'll have to do some investigating and see if they would be interested in making it a fundraising for one of the charities Prince supported - that way we can all feel like we are contributing in his memory ( in case the big tribute event is not). Kinda a bummer First Ave already has things scheduled that week - the week BEFORE they have something like an Ode to the Purple One. Things like THAT should be happening on the weekend we are there.



Have you checked with the Riverview Theater? They're a smaller theater that do a lot more quirky showings, and I think you can even rent the theater out. Not sure if we could get a group of fans to do that?
And I see all of your creations as one perfect complex
No one less beautiful
Or more special than the next
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #189 posted 08/01/16 6:01pm

thequeenofthek
ings

avatar

Bankinherpocket said:

thequeenofthekings said:



There are at least 2 from Fort Wayne, IN here. Maybe we can meet on the way up? Or if tickets arnt bad from Indy we could head up with u. We were thinking of driving since its only 9 hrs. Tickets looked to be starting around $350 and going up. Seems a bit salty to me since we are buying 2. Id rather save $$$ for events up there. nod let me know. That's if we "get" tickets for the show sad

How did u find out about the ticket price?
Edit: you're talking about airfare I bet! Duh...
[Edited 8/1/16 15:38pm]


Oops yeah sorry about scaring anyone thinking it was tickets. Yeah I was talking airfare. Not concert ticket. boxed
[Edited 8/1/16 18:07pm]
"Put on your boots Alfred...let's go!"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #190 posted 08/01/16 6:42pm

ForeverPaisley

Arbwyth said:

ForeverPaisley said:

Awesome! That was one of the three I was scoping out! I will check with them first thing once the more information is released about the event. Hmm. Or maybe just send a preliminary email suggesting it, to see if they even have available evenings. I think Wednesday would be the easiest because weekends are usually less avail. Or even a late night showing after the tribute concert? How far away are they from each other. I'll have to do some investigating and see if they would be interested in making it a fundraising for one of the charities Prince supported - that way we can all feel like we are contributing in his memory ( in case the big tribute event is not). Kinda a bummer First Ave already has things scheduled that week - the week BEFORE they have something like an Ode to the Purple One. Things like THAT should be happening on the weekend we are there.

Have you checked with the Riverview Theater? They're a smaller theater that do a lot more quirky showings, and I think you can even rent the theater out. Not sure if we could get a group of fans to do that?

First of all THANK YOU hug for all your replies of the above inquiries. You definitely solidified my plans to stay downtown. And also got me thinking, with those commuter buses ending at that time, I'm wondering if its best to try for those screenings downtown. I hope that I'm assuming correctly that most people will be staying downtown MPLS for this trip?? and doing similarly like going to chanhassen for a day trip or something? I will reach out to both Chanhassen theatre and a couple in the downtown area and compare planning/prices. Instead of renting, I'm hoping they can just incorporate that into ticket prices where half of the ticket goes to fundraiser in Prince's memory, and half toward whatever costs the theatre would incur. I will spend this week researching and connecting to these venues and then maybe if i get some estimates the mods will let me put a sticky in this main forum so people can SEE the event and chime in/vote etc etc. batting eyes at mods beg Anyways that will be my homework this week, I will keep everyone posted!

grouphug

Dance where y'are, just groove y'all.
canada
Commemorative Guitar Picks, Buttons & Magnets - check Marketplace 4 info
wave thumbs up!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #191 posted 08/01/16 7:28pm

plymouthavenue
north

Thanks for offering to organize a movie screening! I saw PR in the theater in April so I would prefer seeig UTCM (plus I love UTCM). I really wanted to go see it in the theater this year, but no one was showing it except in a few select cities. UTCM might also be a better choice because only real fams will want to see it. PR will draw non-fams which would change the atmosphere of the screening. I don't get into town until Thursday, so Wednesday wouldn't work for me personally, but I will be there all weekend. Hoping for Prince-related concerts on the weekend nights and glad First Avenue's mainroom isn't booked yet!

~

What about an early afternoon screening on Friday at Chanhassen Cinemas, the movie theater Prince used to take everyone over to from Paisley Park to watch movies? During the day might be safer in case there end up being concerts every night that we all want to see. Or if people don't want to do daytime, maybe Saturday night when that Zombie pub crawl is happening downtown.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #192 posted 08/01/16 9:41pm

PurpGirl

avatar

plymouthavenuenorth said:

Thanks for offering to organize a movie screening! I saw PR in the theater in April so I would prefer seeig UTCM (plus I love UTCM). I really wanted to go see it in the theater this year, but no one was showing it except in a few select cities. UTCM might also be a better choice because only real fams will want to see it. PR will draw non-fams which would change the atmosphere of the screening. I don't get into town until Thursday, so Wednesday wouldn't work for me personally, but I will be there all weekend. Hoping for Prince-related concerts on the weekend nights and glad First Avenue's mainroom isn't booked yet!

~

What about an early afternoon screening on Friday at Chanhassen Cinemas, the movie theater Prince used to take everyone over to from Paisley Park to watch movies? During the day might be safer in case there end up being concerts every night that we all want to see. Or if people don't want to do daytime, maybe Saturday night when that Zombie pub crawl is happening downtown.

I too would love to see UTCM in the theater with Prince fans and would go!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #193 posted 08/01/16 9:44pm

teach49

Arbwyth said:

I also wanted to warn people about one thing that weekend. The Minneapolis Zombie Pub Crawl is going on on Saturday October 15th, and it is a giant shyt show full of screaming drunken people dressed like zombies. It's the biggest zombie pub crawl in the country. Unless you're super super into zombies and drunken mess, I would recommend steering clear of that thing altogether. Luckily, I don't think it usually happens in any areas that have significant Prince landmarks, but just be aware of where it is and steer clear: http://zombiepubcrawl.com...nneapolis/ [Edited 8/1/16 18:04pm]

OMG, this just made me laugh out loud...just the image of drunken zombies somehow getting mixed in with the prince tribute events. I don't know why but the thought is hilarious. Or maybe just a drunken zombie pub crawl is hilarious in and of itself.

lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #194 posted 08/01/16 11:37pm

tish9311

I don't have the dates off yet. but if I can get off work, I will go. Where is everybody staying and are we planning to get together?

As for the movies, It should be a movie extravaganza show all of them!!!!!!!

Beautiful, Loved and Blessed

Thank You Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #195 posted 08/02/16 12:29am

NME01

They need to keep Tidal away from this. Do a deal with Google / YouTube or Facebook, or Apple. Someone who can handle a world audience.

This is Prince's legacy, not a marketing opportunity for a dying streaming service run by amateurs.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #196 posted 08/02/16 12:34am

NME01

thequeenofthekings said:

plymouthavenuenorth said:



rogifan said:


I'm really hoping the large venue means they were able to score some A-list artists like Lenny Kravitz or Alicia Keys. I'd love to see Lenny rocking out to When You Were Mine.


A-list talent is OK to have and those are cool people, but definitely NOT if it drives up the price of tickets. The people I really care about being on the bill for this tribute are:


1. The musicians and singers who played with Prince and can play and sing his music the way it sounded when they were playing and singing it with him


2. Other artists he produced and wrote music for


~


I am definitely still hoping for some kind of memorial.


~


Happy to have my travel booked... hope there will be other events that weekend too! Would love to go to something every day on the weekend following the 13th.





yeahthat


Why are artists taking a fee, if this is a tribute.
No fee, no promoting new singles, no egos.
If you have the talent, you don't need OTT production.
To be honest, the high ticket price is a worry. Feels like this is coming from the wrong place.
All inclusive over exclusives. That's the way it should be.
Even shows like Live Aid were standard ticket prices and that line-up was epic. Everyone donated their time and services for a cause.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #197 posted 08/02/16 4:49am

CarrieMpls

Ex-Moderator

avatar

teach49 said:

Arbwyth said:

I also wanted to warn people about one thing that weekend. The Minneapolis Zombie Pub Crawl is going on on Saturday October 15th, and it is a giant shyt show full of screaming drunken people dressed like zombies. It's the biggest zombie pub crawl in the country. Unless you're super super into zombies and drunken mess, I would recommend steering clear of that thing altogether. Luckily, I don't think it usually happens in any areas that have significant Prince landmarks, but just be aware of where it is and steer clear: http://zombiepubcrawl.com...nneapolis/ [Edited 8/1/16 18:04pm]

OMG, this just made me laugh out loud...just the image of drunken zombies somehow getting mixed in with the prince tribute events. I don't know why but the thought is hilarious. Or maybe just a drunken zombie pub crawl is hilarious in and of itself.

lol

It's hilarious until you realize how big it gets. 30,000 people attended in 2012 and I believe they've had similar numbers each year since. That's right - 30,000 zombies running around Mpls (and sometimes St Paul).

And there will be all kinds of zombie Princes (and Bowies for that matter) this year, you can count on it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #198 posted 08/02/16 4:52am

CarrieMpls

Ex-Moderator

avatar

PurpGirl said:

plymouthavenuenorth said:

Thanks for offering to organize a movie screening! I saw PR in the theater in April so I would prefer seeig UTCM (plus I love UTCM). I really wanted to go see it in the theater this year, but no one was showing it except in a few select cities. UTCM might also be a better choice because only real fams will want to see it. PR will draw non-fams which would change the atmosphere of the screening. I don't get into town until Thursday, so Wednesday wouldn't work for me personally, but I will be there all weekend. Hoping for Prince-related concerts on the weekend nights and glad First Avenue's mainroom isn't booked yet!

~

What about an early afternoon screening on Friday at Chanhassen Cinemas, the movie theater Prince used to take everyone over to from Paisley Park to watch movies? During the day might be safer in case there end up being concerts every night that we all want to see. Or if people don't want to do daytime, maybe Saturday night when that Zombie pub crawl is happening downtown.

I too would love to see UTCM in the theater with Prince fans and would go!


Why not SOTT too? biggrin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #199 posted 08/02/16 5:48am

Bankinherpocke
t

I'm going to try like never before to get tickets - I live right here (east metro) so travel isn't an issue. I would love to have some kind of get together somewhere - I'll keep following for updates!

U can be the side effect, I'd rather be the dope.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #200 posted 08/02/16 9:29am

Baduizm

avatar

thequeenofthekings said:

Baduizm said:

We're planning a Purple Army convoy to depart from Indy for this!

[Edited 8/1/16 11:28am]

There are at least 2 from Fort Wayne, IN here. Maybe we can meet on the way up? Or if tickets arnt bad from Indy we could head up with u. We were thinking of driving since its only 9 hrs. Tickets looked to be starting around $350 and going up. Seems a bit salty to me since we are buying 2. Id rather save $$$ for events up there. nod let me know. That's if we "get" tickets for the show sad

Hey! Let's plan on joining/merging our contingents. OrgNote me please smile

I'm in the news again
For paying dues my friend
And not the type of ganda U prop up in my way
Don't Play me
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #201 posted 08/02/16 9:55am

PCEANDBWLD

CarrieMpls said:

PurpGirl said:

I too would love to see UTCM in the theater with Prince fans and would go!


Why not SOTT too? biggrin

I'm coming up from Atlanta!! Already booked my flight! So excited, and would LOVE to see UTCM and SOTT with Prince fans!!! SOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool cool cool

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #202 posted 08/02/16 10:43am

motherfunka

avatar

ForeverPaisley said:

Bankinherpocket said:

Actually, there's nothing booked in the mainroom yet...Thursday, Friday or Saturday. All events on their calendar as far as I can tell are other venues that First Ave manages (Turf Club, etc...)

I will send an email today just inquiring. I wish there was a way to do polls in a new thread, but not enough people go into the 'fan gathering' side to get the numbers in. Trying to figure out if people would prefer a PR screening (or perhaps PR/UTCM double feature) on the Wednesday, or on the Friday? Maybe we could do that informal memorial that was suggested, at PP then all go to that theatre.

I was thinking to have it on the Wednesday, the concert on the Thurs, and then that leaves the Friday/weekend for any other events (hopefully First Ave or such)...

If the Chanhassen Cinema doesn't have any interest, you might check with Landmark Lagoon Cinema in Uptown. They just showed UTCM a couple of weeks ago.

TRUE BLUE
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #203 posted 08/02/16 10:57am

PCEANDBWLD

motherfunka said:

ForeverPaisley said:

I will send an email today just inquiring. I wish there was a way to do polls in a new thread, but not enough people go into the 'fan gathering' side to get the numbers in. Trying to figure out if people would prefer a PR screening (or perhaps PR/UTCM double feature) on the Wednesday, or on the Friday? Maybe we could do that informal memorial that was suggested, at PP then all go to that theatre.

I was thinking to have it on the Wednesday, the concert on the Thurs, and then that leaves the Friday/weekend for any other events (hopefully First Ave or such)...

If the Chanhassen Cinema doesn't have any interest, you might check with Landmark Lagoon Cinema in Uptown. They just showed UTCM a couple of weeks ago.

Wednesday would make sense, I see your point. I won't be there until Thursday morning sadly - so of course selfishly I'd want to do Friday, but I see that point that maybe Friday would be reserved for a more "active" night than watching a double feature movie. BUT STILLLLLLL smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #204 posted 08/02/16 11:07am

loveandkindnes
s

motherfunka said:



ForeverPaisley said:




Bankinherpocket said:



Actually, there's nothing booked in the mainroom yet...Thursday, Friday or Saturday. All events on their calendar as far as I can tell are other venues that First Ave manages (Turf Club, etc...)



I will send an email today just inquiring. I wish there was a way to do polls in a new thread, but not enough people go into the 'fan gathering' side to get the numbers in. Trying to figure out if people would prefer a PR screening (or perhaps PR/UTCM double feature) on the Wednesday, or on the Friday? Maybe we could do that informal memorial that was suggested, at PP then all go to that theatre.


I was thinking to have it on the Wednesday, the concert on the Thurs, and then that leaves the Friday/weekend for any other events (hopefully First Ave or such)...





If the Chanhassen Cinema doesn't have any interest, you might check with Landmark Lagoon Cinema in Uptown. They just showed UTCM a couple of weeks ago.

Loveandkindness
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #205 posted 08/02/16 11:22am

loveandkindnes
s

Whoops ...I agree wen night would be great for a show gathering. Meeting at pp to show our respects as a group would be amazing. Perhaps a banner with our logo. ..just coming together on behalf of those that can and cannot make the memorial. We will all be together in spirit for the Prince we adore. I'm excited just hoping to get tickets...is there a specific hotel everyone? Sound like most will stay in town and catch the metro?
Loveandkindness
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #206 posted 08/02/16 12:08pm

Purplebflogirl

If ticket prices aren't outrageous and...
They don't sell out in 5 minutes I would
probably drive to MN (about 15 hrs) and love to meet fellow "orgers" If there is an "official" information site please post it. TY smile
Until the end of time
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #207 posted 08/02/16 4:12pm

Arbwyth

avatar

teach49 said:

Arbwyth said:

I also wanted to warn people about one thing that weekend. The Minneapolis Zombie Pub Crawl is going on on Saturday October 15th, and it is a giant shyt show full of screaming drunken people dressed like zombies. It's the biggest zombie pub crawl in the country. Unless you're super super into zombies and drunken mess, I would recommend steering clear of that thing altogether. Luckily, I don't think it usually happens in any areas that have significant Prince landmarks, but just be aware of where it is and steer clear: http://zombiepubcrawl.com...nneapolis/ [Edited 8/1/16 18:04pm]

OMG, this just made me laugh out loud...just the image of drunken zombies somehow getting mixed in with the prince tribute events. I don't know why but the thought is hilarious. Or maybe just a drunken zombie pub crawl is hilarious in and of itself.

lol

Unexpected PrinceFam event: We rent a helicopter and blast Prince songs while hovering over this shitfest and laughing at it. Free drinks for anybody who successfully slingshots people dressed as Zombie Prince. Everybody wins! lol

And I see all of your creations as one perfect complex
No one less beautiful
Or more special than the next
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #208 posted 08/02/16 4:20pm

Arbwyth

avatar

motherfunka said:

ForeverPaisley said:

I will send an email today just inquiring. I wish there was a way to do polls in a new thread, but not enough people go into the 'fan gathering' side to get the numbers in. Trying to figure out if people would prefer a PR screening (or perhaps PR/UTCM double feature) on the Wednesday, or on the Friday? Maybe we could do that informal memorial that was suggested, at PP then all go to that theatre.

I was thinking to have it on the Wednesday, the concert on the Thurs, and then that leaves the Friday/weekend for any other events (hopefully First Ave or such)...

If the Chanhassen Cinema doesn't have any interest, you might check with Landmark Lagoon Cinema in Uptown. They just showed UTCM a couple of weeks ago.

I think it was actually the Uptown Theatre that showed UTCM. (They have the same owner and are like two blocks apart.) But both Lagoon and the Uptown would be good ones to check!

.

Also, WXYZ bar at Aloft Hotel in downtown Minneapolis showed Sign O' the Times on Prince's birthday this year. I've never been there so don't know if they normally show movies, but it may be worth seeing if they'd want to be involved in any way?

.

Edit: Looks like Aloft has a history of Sign O' the Times-related events. Interesting!

.

[Edited 8/2/16 16:26pm]

And I see all of your creations as one perfect complex
No one less beautiful
Or more special than the next
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #209 posted 08/02/16 4:40pm

laytonian

.

We have so many duplicate "stickies" that I wasn't sure where to post news about the formal family memorial at US Bank -- so I put it here under The Estate:

http://prince.org/msg/7/429559?&pg=15

.

Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 7 of 37 « First<34567891011>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Update: Upcoming Memorial & Other Events