independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Report on Tom Joyner Show that Prince fires Live Nation
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 5 of 9 <123456789>

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #120 posted 05/10/11 8:15pm

StonedImmacula
te

avatar

SeventeenDayze said:

skywalker said:

Bullshit. Prince couldn't have done this in 1988. Look at the US ticket sales for the Lovesexy tour.

The main problem is one of location.

Unlike London, LA isn't easily accessible to major cities around it. In London fans from all of Europe could get there with relative ease.

I love Prince more than many things, but this Minneapolis native can't afford to get out there even if the ticket is only $25. I'll wait for him to come home.

yeahthat

There are over 6 million people living in LA.

If Madonna offered $25 tickets for the majority of the seats she would have NO PROBLEM.

And I am not a Madonna fan (well not since around 92-93)

blunt music She has robes and she has monkeys, lazy diamond studded flunkies.... music blunt
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #121 posted 05/10/11 8:16pm

npggirl77

SagsWay2low said:

npggirl77 said:

Dear,

It's not offensive that you think a place sucks. It is the stereotyping you try to instill upon it. I despise racism, and live right in the south.

Funny, some of my family just visited here...from Florida.

You know what, I don't want to derail this thread any further. lol

My comments against NC in the other thread reflect my own prejudices--ones I'm ok to live with.

But as far as my comment on NC here, it was merely to see what the shows were like.

I had not heard that NC failed or bombed before this thread.

To me, the idea that a musician of Prince's caliber would bother to do shows in North Carolina at all would indicate that people would be excited come to see him--being a special event rather than say, LA where it would be expected.

So I was curious as to if it was true that the shows bombed.

According to a post in response to my question I guess they did indeed bomb.

1/2 a stadium isn't good.

lawd my grammar and spelling edit

[Edited 5/10/11 20:14pm]

You have to realize though, you are hearing that from what, one person?

I was at Raleigh and Greensboro. Both were way more than 1/2 full. I am being honest. The TOP seats were not full. The very top. The rest were certainly filled. Now, I cannot speak of Charlotte, because I did not make that one. I went to NY and 2 NC shows.

-you ain't funky at all, you just a little ol' prude!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #122 posted 05/10/11 8:16pm

SagsWay2low

avatar

StonedImmaculate said:

SeventeenDayze said:

yeahthat

There are over 6 million people living in LA.

If Madonna offered $25 tickets for the majority of the seats she would have NO PROBLEM.

And I am not a Madonna fan (well not since around 92-93)

What in your view is the problem with Prince then?

Is it just lack of public interest?



You're a real fucker. You act like you own this place--ParanoidAndroid <-- about as witty as this princess gets! lol
I hope everyone pays more attention to Sags posts--sweething mushy

Jesus weeps disbelief
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #123 posted 05/10/11 8:19pm

SagsWay2low

avatar

npggirl77 said:

SagsWay2low said:

You know what, I don't want to derail this thread any further. lol

My comments against NC in the other thread reflect my own prejudices--ones I'm ok to live with.

But as far as my comment on NC here, it was merely to see what the shows were like.

I had not heard that NC failed or bombed before this thread.

To me, the idea that a musician of Prince's caliber would bother to do shows in North Carolina at all would indicate that people would be excited come to see him--being a special event rather than say, LA where it would be expected.

So I was curious as to if it was true that the shows bombed.

According to a post in response to my question I guess they did indeed bomb.

1/2 a stadium isn't good.

lawd my grammar and spelling edit

[Edited 5/10/11 20:14pm]

You have to realize though, you are hearing that from what, one person?

I was at Raleigh and Greensboro. Both were way more than 1/2 full. I am being honest. The TOP seats were not full. The very top. The rest were certainly filled. Now, I cannot speak of Charlotte, because I did not make that one. I went to NY and 2 NC shows.

Gotcha.

And again, that's why I asked about NC.

I was curious to see if the shows did indeed bomb.

My implication is that I figured they'd do well because his appearance wouldn't be as frequent as LA, where it would be sort of common in comparision.

That and the fact that the east coast is just a better location than the west coast when it comes to accessibility and price. (plane tickets, hotels, etc.)



You're a real fucker. You act like you own this place--ParanoidAndroid <-- about as witty as this princess gets! lol
I hope everyone pays more attention to Sags posts--sweething mushy

Jesus weeps disbelief
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #124 posted 05/10/11 8:20pm

npggirl77

SagsWay2low said:

StonedImmaculate said:

There are over 6 million people living in LA.

If Madonna offered $25 tickets for the majority of the seats she would have NO PROBLEM.

And I am not a Madonna fan (well not since around 92-93)

What in your view is the problem with Prince then?

Is it just lack of public interest?

My opinion on that is...He plans the shows WAY too fast! I had people telling me they heard about the shows here, after the fact. I found out about the NC shows about 2 1/2 weeks or less prior to the shows. It is too difficult to get the word out in that amount of time. My opinion, anyway.

-you ain't funky at all, you just a little ol' prude!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #125 posted 05/10/11 8:22pm

SagsWay2low

avatar

npggirl77 said:

SagsWay2low said:

What in your view is the problem with Prince then?

Is it just lack of public interest?

My opinion on that is...He plans the shows WAY too fast! I had people telling me they heard about the shows here, after the fact. I found out about the NC shows about 2 1/2 weeks or less prior to the shows. It is too difficult to get the word out in that amount of time. My opinion, anyway.

I think this is sort of like his YouTube situation (youtube is great advertising)

He wants to prevent scalping of his tickets so he does these really quick announcements.

But I think he loses more money to the lack of attendance than he ever would to scalping (would he personally even lose money to scalping? lol )



You're a real fucker. You act like you own this place--ParanoidAndroid <-- about as witty as this princess gets! lol
I hope everyone pays more attention to Sags posts--sweething mushy

Jesus weeps disbelief
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #126 posted 05/10/11 8:26pm

utopian811

Wow, reading this thread, can you say catty gossip.

First off, I went to 3 of the LA shows, 2 on Thursdays, 1 on Friday.

The first Thursday show (week 2) was almost sold out, the place was packed.

The second Thursday (week 3) was the one where someone posted a picture that had to be about an hour and a half before the show (maybe 6:30 pm, and in LA, that's rush hour, with most of the show goers knowing Price wouldn't be on until 8 or 9). While the place had the upper levels closed, the lower bowl area was packed by showtime, and I certainly didn't hear anything about cheap seats at the venue.

The Friday show (week 4) was very full as well, with the entire forum being available again. it also had the new general admission dance pit thing going. I'd estimate the place was 80 to 85% full.

All the shows were pretty damn good, the Friday show's first half being something special. I have seen Prince about 12 times over the last 15 years, and these shows have been right up there in my opinion.

The commentators who haven't even been at the shows making comments about the show or the venue are full of it. If you weren't there, how do you know? Second hand rumors?

Finally, seeing Prince at $25 per seat was a bargain, having paid $300 or even $450 to see him for a single show in the past. If he was going to play this weekend coming up, I had 2 days I was going, plus I had a person who had never seen him until last friday going as well, and bringing a few more people along. I imagine that, as people got excited, that the weekend shows would be packed, and the Thursday shows were for the more hardcore fans. Everyone wins.

G

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #127 posted 05/10/11 8:30pm

Timmy84

SagsWay2low said:

Timmy84 said:

Anyways, Prince has struggled with concerts in the States for a while, that's why he prefers performing in Europe.

How long has he been using that same stage setup.

One thing that struck me is that it doesn't seem that he changes the look or feel of his tours anymore.

You get a different poster, sure. But the actually stage appears about the same. You throw in the twins, then Brian, and now Misty (poor thing).

But it doesn't change much.

It's like each tour doesn't feel any different from the previous one. Hell, even the set lists aren't all that different. lol

Since 2006 probably...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #128 posted 05/10/11 8:35pm

veronikka

SagsWay2low said:

npggirl77 said:

My opinion on that is...He plans the shows WAY too fast! I had people telling me they heard about the shows here, after the fact. I found out about the NC shows about 2 1/2 weeks or less prior to the shows. It is too difficult to get the word out in that amount of time. My opinion, anyway.

I think this is sort of like his YouTube situation (youtube is great advertising)

He wants to prevent scalping of his tickets so he does these really quick announcements.

But I think he loses more money to the lack of attendance than he ever would to scalping (would he personally even lose money to scalping? lol )

The first shows were promoted quite a bit on the radio, people were telling me that Prince was going to be in concert but after that first week you heard nothing, if you are on one of the Prince fan sites or follow fFnkenberry then you knew about it other than that I have no idea how people knew he was having more shows?

Rhythm floods my heart♥The melody it feeds my soul
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #129 posted 05/10/11 8:37pm

npggirl77

SagsWay2low said:

npggirl77 said:

My opinion on that is...He plans the shows WAY too fast! I had people telling me they heard about the shows here, after the fact. I found out about the NC shows about 2 1/2 weeks or less prior to the shows. It is too difficult to get the word out in that amount of time. My opinion, anyway.

I think this is sort of like his YouTube situation (youtube is great advertising)

He wants to prevent scalping of his tickets so he does these really quick announcements.

But I think he loses more money to the lack of attendance than he ever would to scalping (would he personally even lose money to scalping? lol )

That is true. Where I understand him wanting to have control of his music, as you said, he would not lose money to scalping. Either way, peeps are buying tix.

-you ain't funky at all, you just a little ol' prude!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #130 posted 05/10/11 8:38pm

micv

utopian811 said:

Wow, reading this thread, can you say catty gossip.

First off, I went to 3 of the LA shows, 2 on Thursdays, 1 on Friday.

The first Thursday show (week 2) was almost sold out, the place was packed.

The second Thursday (week 3) was the one where someone posted a picture that had to be about an hour and a half before the show (maybe 6:30 pm, and in LA, that's rush hour, with most of the show goers knowing Price wouldn't be on until 8 or 9). While the place had the upper levels closed, the lower bowl area was packed by showtime, and I certainly didn't hear anything about cheap seats at the venue.

The Friday show (week 4) was very full as well, with the entire forum being available again. it also had the new general admission dance pit thing going. I'd estimate the place was 80 to 85% full.

All the shows were pretty damn good, the Friday show's first half being something special. I have seen Prince about 12 times over the last 15 years, and these shows have been right up there in my opinion.

The commentators who haven't even been at the shows making comments about the show or the venue are full of it. If you weren't there, how do you know? Second hand rumors?

Finally, seeing Prince at $25 per seat was a bargain, having paid $300 or even $450 to see him for a single show in the past. If he was going to play this weekend coming up, I had 2 days I was going, plus I had a person who had never seen him until last friday going as well, and bringing a few more people along. I imagine that, as people got excited, that the weekend shows would be packed, and the Thursday shows were for the more hardcore fans. Everyone wins.

G

Agree with this assessment. I went Thursday through Saturday last week and each night attendance steadily increased. Last Saturday the venue was filled to the back rows of the Collonade. And Prince didn't even go on until around 10:00 pm so if you're looking at pictures of the crowd taken at 8:30 you're not getting an accurate view. The opening act doesn't even start until close to 9:00. At least that was the case for shows # 8,9, and 10.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #131 posted 05/10/11 8:39pm

npggirl77

veronikka said:

SagsWay2low said:

I think this is sort of like his YouTube situation (youtube is great advertising)

He wants to prevent scalping of his tickets so he does these really quick announcements.

But I think he loses more money to the lack of attendance than he ever would to scalping (would he personally even lose money to scalping? lol )

The first shows were promoted quite a bit on the radio, people were telling me that Prince was going to be in concert but after that first week you heard nothing, if you are on one of the Prince fan sites or follow fFnkenberry then you knew about it other than that I have no idea how people knew he was having more shows?

Right! I heard about it via a friend via DRFunk. Never once heard a thing on the radio because I listen to Sirius. Luckily, I know where to find Prince news...but as you said, for those that do not, they have no clue.

-you ain't funky at all, you just a little ol' prude!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #132 posted 05/10/11 8:52pm

StevenAnthony

I'm glad that Elisa says the shows are happening.. hopefully they continue.

And also glad to hear her say that the band quitting/not being paid is "news to her." I hope everything is okay for the band right now.

[Edited 5/10/11 20:54pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #133 posted 05/10/11 9:32pm

Timmy84

I forgot to check the name of this source:

JAWN MURRAY

neutral

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #134 posted 05/10/11 9:43pm

Trickology

Here's the conversation he had with his band this week (Warning if you are very sensitive to Prince musings, then STOP immediately) eek

Prince: Could U Come Here for Sec

Band: neutral What now? I don't know we betta go

Prince: Listen we need to talk......

Renato: We are going to another location,yes?

Prince: Nah Renato

Renato: sad

Prince: Dig, we have a slight complication

Renato: Listen, we don't need to play La Forum. We can do club gigs!

Bassist: Yea, let's hit the clubs!

Blackwell: I think we achieved what we set out to do here

Prince:Listen... it's not that

Hayes: What is it then?

Prince:Payment may be little slower than expected

Shelby: It's all about the music. We can wait a little while longer

Hayes: Shelby, could you please shut your bald kissing ass up?

Renato: That's it, I've had it. I've had it!! (slams keyboard on floor)

Prince: Wow...umm

Renato: Please continue... I wait for you to finish, eh?

Prince: Okay... we may have another problem

Renato: Dear dios do not say it ...

Prince: The visas may ....be held up & some may be going back

Ida: We...had..sorted this out I thought,no?

Renato: I am holding back not to hit you, you understand me? :shakes head:

Hayes: Uh, a word?

(Prince and Hayes go to huddle)

Hayes:Let me be blunt: Nigga, are you out of ya muthafuckin mind?

Prince: :Speechless: We don't use language...

Hayes: Nah nah nah...fuck that. If you don't pay, John is gonna fuck you up. He aint come all the way out here for this shit. Cora aint play that shit either. Where the fuck she go?

Prince: Money is tight,brother.

Hayes: Maybe you need to ditch a few hair stylists or get rid of that symbol stage. Nobody cares about that shit but a couple of delusional fans and you! You might want to cut back on your goddamn photo shoots. I don't know, do fuckin something

Prince: I'm running out of options

Hayes:You ever wonder why everyone cut you off?

Prince: :Sighs:

Hayes: Get your shit together if Live Nation is jerking you then you better.......

:Loud Crash:

Well...hick well look who it is? Welcome 2 :hick: America

Hayes: Oh shit, the bitch is back.

Bria Valente: Listen....you need to :hick: pay your band. Because...we are going to work on our second project together...

Hayes: Bitch You can't sing! We tried to tell you that. No one was checking for you on fucking myspace. You wasted his money!

Bria: LISTEN.....I have something to say to you Maury

Hayes: It's Morris.

Bria: Maury...I never liked you...or your accordion

Hayes: Organ

Bria: What... the.... fuck..ever. Oh no (hick) ..I ...swore. Where is...... that.... stupid jar? Where's Prince?

Hayes: Turn around Heffer!

:Bria turns around:

Bria: Hey.... it's time we (stumbling).....record :hick: again

Prince: Yea... now isn't a good time.

Bria: Listen!! (Stomps feet)

Prince: ::looks away and whispers to security:

Bria: :Security Drags her away: I know you made my project...fail on purpose, Mr Nelson!! ::points accusing finger: You packaged your shitty albums with my :hick: amazing debut. I listened...to my baby :hick: last night! Lotus Flower is a pile of crap compared to Elixir. And you were sending your yes men to Prince org to sabotage me! Missster Nelssson, I am on to u! The new project isss... gonna be called Tweelixir. It's a combo...of twitter and elixir... My idea! MRRRR NELSON & I want full attention or....media take out here I........ :falls flat on her face & passes out on floor:

:Band & Hayes walks away muttering " Wasting his time distracted trying to chase hits with tonedeaf bitches. Can you believe this shit? Maxwell wouldn't do that shit to us."


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #135 posted 05/10/11 9:49pm

WaterInYourBat
h

avatar

^^ LOL!! clapping

"You put water into a cup, it becomes the cup...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend." - Bruce Lee
"Water can nourish me, but water can also carry me. Water has magic laws." - JCVD
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #136 posted 05/10/11 9:56pm

IamFunkay7

Trickology said:

Here's the conversation he had with his band this week (Warning if you are very sensitive to Prince musings, then STOP immediately) eek

Prince: Could U Come Here for Sec

Band: neutral What now? I don't know we betta go

Prince: Listen we need to talk......

Renato: We are going to another location,yes?

Prince: Nah Renato

Renato: sad

Prince: Dig, we have a slight complication

Renato: Listen, we don't need to play La Forum. We can do club gigs!

Bassist: Yea, let's hit the clubs!

Blackwell: I think we achieved what we set out to do here

Prince:Listen... it's not that

Hayes: What is it then?

Prince:Payment may be little slower than expected

Shelby: It's all about the music. We can wait a little while longer

Hayes: Shelby, could you please shut your bald kissing ass up?

Renato: That's it, I've had it. I've had it!! (slams keyboard on floor)

Prince: Wow...umm

Renato: Please continue... I wait for you to finish, eh?

Prince: Okay... we may have another problem

Renato: Dear dios do not say it ...

Prince: The visas may ....be held up & some may be going back

Ida: We...had..sorted this out I thought,no?

Renato: I am holding back not to hit you, you understand me? :shakes head:

Hayes: Uh, a word?

(Prince and Hayes go to huddle)

Hayes:Let me be blunt: Nigga, are you out of ya muthafuckin mind?

Prince: :Speechless: We don't use language...

Hayes: Nah nah nah...fuck that. If you don't pay, John is gonna fuck you up. He aint come all the way out here for this shit. Cora aint play that shit either. Where the fuck she go?

Prince: Money is tight,brother.

Hayes: Maybe you need to ditch a few hair stylists or get rid of that symbol stage. Nobody cares about that shit but a couple of delusional fans and you! You might want to cut back on your goddamn photo shoots. I don't know, do fuckin something

Prince: I'm running out of options

Hayes:You ever wonder why everyone cut you off?

Prince: :Sighs:

Hayes: Get your shit together if Live Nation is jerking you then you better.......

:Loud Crash:

Well...hick well look who it is? Welcome 2 :hick: America

Hayes: Oh shit, the bitch is back.

Bria Valente: Listen....you need to :hick: pay your band. Because...we are going to work on our second project together...

Hayes: Bitch You can't sing! We tried to tell you that. No one was checking for you on fucking myspace. You wasted his money!

Bria: LISTEN.....I have something to say to you Maury

Hayes: It's Morris.

Bria: Maury...I never liked you...or your accordion

Hayes: Organ

Bria: What... the.... fuck..ever. Oh no (hick) ..I ...swore. Where is...... that.... stupid jar? Where's Prince?

Hayes: Turn around Heffer!

:Bria turns around:

Bria: Hey.... it's time we (stumbling).....record :hick: again

Prince: Yea... now isn't a good time.

Bria: Listen!! (Stomps feet)

Prince: ::looks away and whispers to security:

Bria: :Security Drags her away: I know you made my project...fail on purpose, Mr Nelson!! ::points accusing finger: You packaged your shitty albums with my :hick: amazing debut. I listened...to my baby :hick: last night! Lotus Flower is a pile of crap compared to Elixir. And you were sending your yes men to Prince org to sabotage me! Missster Nelssson, I am on to u! The new project isss... gonna be called Tweelixir. It's a combo...of twitter and elixir... My idea! MRRRR NELSON & I want full attention or....media take out here I........ :falls flat on her face & passes out on floor:

:Band & Hayes walks away muttering " Wasting his time distracted trying to chase hits with tonedeaf bitches. Can you believe this shit? Maxwell wouldn't do that shit to us."


faint tv spit falloff 2 funny for comfort lol, Renato's eh had me laughing hard over here lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #137 posted 05/10/11 10:02pm

vainandy

avatar

Why was Prince working with Live Nation to begin with? I think they may be one of Clear Channel's aliases and Clear Channel and folks like them are THE enemy.

Andy is a four letter word.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #138 posted 05/10/11 10:10pm

KCOOLMUZIQ

Hope the shows don't stop at The Forum. What will eye do on the weekends now......Prince work something out quick!

eye will ALWAYS think of prince like a "ACT OF GOD"! N another realm. eye mean of all people who might of been aliens or angels.if found out that prince wasn't of this earth, eye would not have been that surprised. R.I.P. prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #139 posted 05/10/11 10:29pm

dannyd5050

avatar

veronikka said:

SagsWay2low said:

I think this is sort of like his YouTube situation (youtube is great advertising)

He wants to prevent scalping of his tickets so he does these really quick announcements.

But I think he loses more money to the lack of attendance than he ever would to scalping (would he personally even lose money to scalping? lol )

The first shows were promoted quite a bit on the radio, people were telling me that Prince was going to be in concert but after that first week you heard nothing, if you are on one of the Prince fan sites or follow fFnkenberry then you knew about it other than that I have no idea how people knew he was having more shows?

That's good to know, Veronikka. Promotion on the radio keeps you aware.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #140 posted 05/10/11 10:29pm

saorosco

avatar

SagsWay2low said:

npggirl77 said:

Powder butt puppet. I like that.

But really though. If you have never lived here, you do not know how it is. Right?

What I was really referring to was the fact that this is your second silly comment about NC. The first was several days ago when you said that people in NC are poor and have probably never seen a black person. disbelief
Hey, I will be the first to admit...I LOVE NYC! But, it is silly to judge a place you have not lived. You don't agree?

No, it's not silly.

I wouldn't live in Aphganistan either you know.

Look, there is nothing wrong with living in a place I dispise.

You obviously like it.

I lived in the deep South (Alabama), and whenever somebody knocks it, I just say, "yup. You got that right."

I think moving away and living in a real place gives you perspective.

North Carolina is pretty. Newburn is nice. But I'd kill myself if I had to live there.

And yeah--the "never saw a black person" comment is a bit much, but my branding places in the South racsist doesn't bother me. I'm ok with thinking that about those states.

Why do people get so offended when I tell them where they live sucks?

I mean, folks have told me they think Florida sucks--I just think, "good on you. I love this place and would rather not share it with you anyways, lol "

Dammn.. The show at the Greensboro Coliseum was packed imo... NC is a nice place to live it has its downsides and it has its treasures... most people are migrating south so we have to be doing something right down here.. and yeah the black comment was a bit much ehh. interesting comments you made about the south but I respect your opinions!

The Org never ceases to amaze me
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #141 posted 05/10/11 10:38pm

saorosco

avatar

IamFunkay7 said:

Trickology said:

Here's the conversation he had with his band this week (Warning if you are very sensitive to Prince musings, then STOP immediately) eek

Prince: Could U Come Here for Sec

Band: neutral What now? I don't know we betta go

Prince: Listen we need to talk......

Renato: We are going to another location,yes?

Prince: Nah Renato

Renato: sad

Prince: Dig, we have a slight complication

Renato: Listen, we don't need to play La Forum. We can do club gigs!

Bassist: Yea, let's hit the clubs!

Blackwell: I think we achieved what we set out to do here

Prince:Listen... it's not that

Hayes: What is it then?

Prince:Payment may be little slower than expected

Shelby: It's all about the music. We can wait a little while longer

Hayes: Shelby, could you please shut your bald kissing ass up?

Renato: That's it, I've had it. I've had it!! (slams keyboard on floor)

Prince: Wow...umm

Renato: Please continue... I wait for you to finish, eh?

Prince: Okay... we may have another problem

Renato: Dear dios do not say it ...

Prince: The visas may ....be held up & some may be going back

Ida: We...had..sorted this out I thought,no?

Renato: I am holding back not to hit you, you understand me? :shakes head:

Hayes: Uh, a word?

(Prince and Hayes go to huddle)

Hayes:Let me be blunt: Nigga, are you out of ya muthafuckin mind?

Prince: :Speechless: We don't use language...

Hayes: Nah nah nah...fuck that. If you don't pay, John is gonna fuck you up. He aint come all the way out here for this shit. Cora aint play that shit either. Where the fuck she go?

Prince: Money is tight,brother.

Hayes: Maybe you need to ditch a few hair stylists or get rid of that symbol stage. Nobody cares about that shit but a couple of delusional fans and you! You might want to cut back on your goddamn photo shoots. I don't know, do fuckin something

Prince: I'm running out of options

Hayes:You ever wonder why everyone cut you off?

Prince: :Sighs:

Hayes: Get your shit together if Live Nation is jerking you then you better.......

:Loud Crash:

Well...hick well look who it is? Welcome 2 :hick: America

Hayes: Oh shit, the bitch is back.

Bria Valente: Listen....you need to :hick: pay your band. Because...we are going to work on our second project together...

Hayes: Bitch You can't sing! We tried to tell you that. No one was checking for you on fucking myspace. You wasted his money!

Bria: LISTEN.....I have something to say to you Maury

Hayes: It's Morris.

Bria: Maury...I never liked you...or your accordion

Hayes: Organ

Bria: What... the.... fuck..ever. Oh no (hick) ..I ...swore. Where is...... that.... stupid jar? Where's Prince?

Hayes: Turn around Heffer!

:Bria turns around:

Bria: Hey.... it's time we (stumbling).....record :hick: again

Prince: Yea... now isn't a good time.

Bria: Listen!! (Stomps feet)

Prince: ::looks away and whispers to security:

Bria: :Security Drags her away: I know you made my project...fail on purpose, Mr Nelson!! ::points accusing finger: You packaged your shitty albums with my :hick: amazing debut. I listened...to my baby :hick: last night! Lotus Flower is a pile of crap compared to Elixir. And you were sending your yes men to Prince org to sabotage me! Missster Nelssson, I am on to u! The new project isss... gonna be called Tweelixir. It's a combo...of twitter and elixir... My idea! MRRRR NELSON & I want full attention or....media take out here I........ :falls flat on her face & passes out on floor:

:Band & Hayes walks away muttering " Wasting his time distracted trying to chase hits with tonedeaf bitches. Can you believe this shit? Maxwell wouldn't do that shit to us."


faint tv spit falloff 2 funny for comfort lol, Renato's eh had me laughing hard over here lol

that had me weakkk lol..the huddle part too classic!!!!

The Org never ceases to amaze me
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #142 posted 05/10/11 10:51pm

jstarr2000

avatar

Madonna might do okay in L.A. and NYC, but she NEVER toured the Carolinas and she definitely couldn't have sold the tickets he did for the Carolina dates back then and definitely not today.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #143 posted 05/10/11 10:54pm

united1878

WaterInYourBath said:

^^ LOL!! clapping

Same here clapping

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #144 posted 05/10/11 11:02pm

SagsWay2low

avatar

Trickology said:

Here's the conversation he had with his band this week (Warning if you are very sensitive to Prince musings, then STOP immediately) eek

Prince: Could U Come Here for Sec

Band: neutral What now? I don't know we betta go

Prince: Listen we need to talk......

Renato: We are going to another location,yes?

Prince: Nah Renato

Renato: sad

Prince: Dig, we have a slight complication

Renato: Listen, we don't need to play La Forum. We can do club gigs!

Bassist: Yea, let's hit the clubs!

Blackwell: I think we achieved what we set out to do here

Prince:Listen... it's not that

Hayes: What is it then?

Prince:Payment may be little slower than expected

Shelby: It's all about the music. We can wait a little while longer

Hayes: Shelby, could you please shut your bald kissing ass up?

Renato: That's it, I've had it. I've had it!! (slams keyboard on floor)

Prince: Wow...umm

Renato: Please continue... I wait for you to finish, eh?

Prince: Okay... we may have another problem

Renato: Dear dios do not say it ...

Prince: The visas may ....be held up & some may be going back

Ida: We...had..sorted this out I thought,no?

Renato: I am holding back not to hit you, you understand me? :shakes head:

Hayes: Uh, a word?

(Prince and Hayes go to huddle)

Hayes:Let me be blunt: Nigga, are you out of ya muthafuckin mind?

Prince: :Speechless: We don't use language...

Hayes: Nah nah nah...fuck that. If you don't pay, John is gonna fuck you up. He aint come all the way out here for this shit. Cora aint play that shit either. Where the fuck she go?

Prince: Money is tight,brother.

Hayes: Maybe you need to ditch a few hair stylists or get rid of that symbol stage. Nobody cares about that shit but a couple of delusional fans and you! You might want to cut back on your goddamn photo shoots. I don't know, do fuckin something

Prince: I'm running out of options

Hayes:You ever wonder why everyone cut you off?

Prince: :Sighs:

Hayes: Get your shit together if Live Nation is jerking you then you better.......

:Loud Crash:

Well...hick well look who it is? Welcome 2 :hick: America

Hayes: Oh shit, the bitch is back.

Bria Valente: Listen....you need to :hick: pay your band. Because...we are going to work on our second project together...

Hayes: Bitch You can't sing! We tried to tell you that. No one was checking for you on fucking myspace. You wasted his money!

Bria: LISTEN.....I have something to say to you Maury

Hayes: It's Morris.

Bria: Maury...I never liked you...or your accordion

Hayes: Organ

Bria: What... the.... fuck..ever. Oh no (hick) ..I ...swore. Where is...... that.... stupid jar? Where's Prince?

Hayes: Turn around Heffer!

:Bria turns around:

Bria: Hey.... it's time we (stumbling).....record :hick: again

Prince: Yea... now isn't a good time.

Bria: Listen!! (Stomps feet)

Prince: ::looks away and whispers to security:

Bria: :Security Drags her away: I know you made my project...fail on purpose, Mr Nelson!! ::points accusing finger: You packaged your shitty albums with my :hick: amazing debut. I listened...to my baby :hick: last night! Lotus Flower is a pile of crap compared to Elixir. And you were sending your yes men to Prince org to sabotage me! Missster Nelssson, I am on to u! The new project isss... gonna be called Tweelixir. It's a combo...of twitter and elixir... My idea! MRRRR NELSON & I want full attention or....media take out here I........ :falls flat on her face & passes out on floor:

:Band & Hayes walks away muttering " Wasting his time distracted trying to chase hits with tonedeaf bitches. Can you believe this shit? Maxwell wouldn't do that shit to us."


ohhhhh

emmmm

geeeee!!!!

falloff x 1,000,000,000



You're a real fucker. You act like you own this place--ParanoidAndroid <-- about as witty as this princess gets! lol
I hope everyone pays more attention to Sags posts--sweething mushy

Jesus weeps disbelief
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #145 posted 05/11/11 12:21am

SoulAlive

SagsWay2low said:

skywalker said:

Bullshit. Prince couldn't have done this in 1988. Look at the US ticket sales for the Lovesexy tour.

The main problem is one of location.

Unlike London, LA isn't easily accessible to major cities around it. In London fans from all of Europe could get there with relative ease.

I love Prince more than many things, but this Minneapolis native can't afford to get out there even if the ticket is only $25. I'll wait for him to come home.

I have to agree with this. I even posted about it when I first heard about the 21 nights in LA.

LA is not a good location for these types of shows. Not everybody can #1) buy a plane ticket and #2) book hotel rooms, just to see him perform.

If he had done a traveling tour and aggressively promoted himself along with a new CD, we'd be looking at Musicology level success potentially.

But dude is probably just trying to pay off debts and stuff. lol

Every video clip I've seen of the concert looked like the place was half-empty. Despite great performances, that zaps the vibe.

The venue should have been smaller and this should have been a travelling show.

The O2 is a in a great location in Europe, Prince's support is better. LA is a dreadful spot to center an American run. Had it been the East Coast, he would have at least saw a few Europeans hop over. But there isn't one Asian alive that even knows who Prince is nor would traverse the Pacific to come see him.

I'm not sure what the real story is here, but BartVanTemperTantrum is absolutely correct me thinks.

He really knows how to burn bridges.

I think that,if you're gonna do a lengthy residency (performing 21 nights at the same venue),you really need to give people advance notice lol like 2 or 3 months.Give people more time to buy tickets,make travel plans,request days off from work (lol),etc.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #146 posted 05/11/11 12:28am

myloveis4ever

avatar

SoulAlive said:

SagsWay2low said:

I have to agree with this. I even posted about it when I first heard about the 21 nights in LA.

LA is not a good location for these types of shows. Not everybody can #1) buy a plane ticket and #2) book hotel rooms, just to see him perform.

If he had done a traveling tour and aggressively promoted himself along with a new CD, we'd be looking at Musicology level success potentially.

But dude is probably just trying to pay off debts and stuff. lol

Every video clip I've seen of the concert looked like the place was half-empty. Despite great performances, that zaps the vibe.

The venue should have been smaller and this should have been a travelling show.

The O2 is a in a great location in Europe, Prince's support is better. LA is a dreadful spot to center an American run. Had it been the East Coast, he would have at least saw a few Europeans hop over. But there isn't one Asian alive that even knows who Prince is nor would traverse the Pacific to come see him.

I'm not sure what the real story is here, but BartVanTemperTantrum is absolutely correct me thinks.

He really knows how to burn bridges.

I think that,if you're gonna do a lengthy residency (performing 21 nights at the same venue),you really need to give people advance notice lol like 2 or 3 months.Give people more time to buy tickets,make travel plans,request days off from work (lol),etc.

true... 4 days - 1 week notice is not good..

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #147 posted 05/11/11 12:28am

SoulAlive

npggirl77 said:

SagsWay2low said:

What in your view is the problem with Prince then?

Is it just lack of public interest?

My opinion on that is...He plans the shows WAY too fast! I had people telling me they heard about the shows here, after the fact. I found out about the NC shows about 2 1/2 weeks or less prior to the shows. It is too difficult to get the word out in that amount of time. My opinion, anyway.

I agree! He would sell so many more tickets if he gave people more advance notice.In my area,he announced the shows on a Thursday,tickets went on sale that Friday and the shows began that Monday...lol...alot of people can't go to a show without more advance notice.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #148 posted 05/11/11 12:30am

StonedImmacula
te

avatar

SagsWay2low said:

StonedImmaculate said:

There are over 6 million people living in LA.

If Madonna offered $25 tickets for the majority of the seats she would have NO PROBLEM.

And I am not a Madonna fan (well not since around 92-93)

What in your view is the problem with Prince then?

Is it just lack of public interest?

Yup.

And we all know its mostly his own damned fault.

The youngsters, and I mean teen to twenties, have no idea what Prince is all about.

And they could care less.

They know "When Doves Cry" "1999" "Purple Rain"...and that's about it.

blunt music She has robes and she has monkeys, lazy diamond studded flunkies.... music blunt
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #149 posted 05/11/11 12:32am

IamFunkay7

StonedImmaculate said:

SagsWay2low said:

What in your view is the problem with Prince then?

Is it just lack of public interest?

Yup.

And we all know its mostly his own damned fault.

The youngsters, and I mean teen to twenties, have no idea what Prince is all about.

And they could care less.

They know "When Doves Cry" "1999" "Purple Rain"...and that's about it.

Thats not entirely true shrug some of us love it all and we know more than just those songs.. as a matter of fact my fav song of the week is housequake, last week it was eye hate u, but ultimately the holy river is my fav Prince song. I was singing something in the water does not compute when I saw him perform it while other fans "older" than me.. kinda just looked like.. oh lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 5 of 9 <123456789>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Report on Tom Joyner Show that Prince fires Live Nation