independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > The Black Album / Ecstasy / Lovesexy story
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 6 123456>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 09/27/07 7:17pm

NightGod

avatar

The Black Album / Ecstasy / Lovesexy story

Ok, most of us here have heard the story about the night Prince tried Ecstasy, freaked out, decided that The Black Album was evil, and decided to pull it from release. This lead to Lovesexy, a concept which still seems to reflect in his current views. This is one of my favorite Prince related stories, because it involves an interesting reaction between drugs and music with Prince and basically Prince having an epiphany while in a drug induced state.

What have you heard about this incident? Does it seem like a positive or negative experience?

(I don't mean to be a tease, but I heard an interesting take on what happened from someone very close. I'll share that story after I hear some of what you all have heard.You'll be amazed by the version I have to tell.)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 09/27/07 7:19pm

wlcm2thdwn

I think it's just a story, nobody's been able to prove it!? confused
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 09/27/07 7:21pm

NightGod

avatar

Susan Rogers has gone on record talking about that evening in an interview and how scared she was of Prince.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 09/27/07 7:23pm

NightGod

avatar

Why I'm fully prepared to deal with the reality that some people will deny this ever happened, I think it's a very interesting moment in Prince's history.

Here's my question...where do you think Prince got the Ecstasy?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 09/27/07 7:26pm

DreamyPopRoyal
ty

avatar

When I offically got the downlow about the story, I was both shocked and not too surprised about it.
I heard Dr. Fink heard from one of Prince's bodyguards at the time, so I'm pretty sure its true.

Evidentally, the incident scared me further away from getting "The Black Album." But since I was given it as a "gift," I'll give it a try. I'll let u know what I think... after I've heard it thru at least three times.

And might be all the more reason to add Lovesexy to my growing collection. I'm not too religious personally so I didn't want to really go into "unfamiliar" territory. Or maybe I'm just making excuses for myself. haha... this is probably be the nth time I ended up getting an album cuz everyone here told me it was really good. And everytime, they were right. lol
had 2 run away... pride was 2 strong. It started raining, baby, the birds were gone
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 09/27/07 7:43pm

NightGod

avatar

DreamyPopRoyalty said:

When I offically got the downlow about the story, I was both shocked and not too surprised about it.
I heard Dr. Fink heard from one of Prince's bodyguards at the time, so I'm pretty sure its true.

Evidentally, the incident scared me further away from getting "The Black Album." But since I was given it as a "gift," I'll give it a try. I'll let u know what I think... after I've heard it thru at least three times.

And might be all the more reason to add Lovesexy to my growing collection. I'm not too religious personally so I didn't want to really go into "unfamiliar" territory. Or maybe I'm just making excuses for myself. haha... this is probably be the nth time I ended up getting an album cuz everyone here told me it was really good. And everytime, they were right. lol


The story leads you to believe that The Black Album is a really dark and sinister record, but I've never thought that. Bob George is straight up funny, and I really like the loose vibe of the arrangements of Le Grind and Cindy C.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 09/27/07 7:50pm

DreamyPopRoyal
ty

avatar

NightGod said:

The story leads you to believe that The Black Album is a really dark and sinister record, but I've never thought that. Bob George is straight up funny, and I really like the loose vibe of the arrangements of Le Grind and Cindy C.


Well, I won't know until I give it a listen, will I? giggle

People were giving me the same kind of talk when I thought that Come was an angry/sad/dark album. But they were right. It's not dark at all (except for the cover and the songs Dark & Solo). In fact, it's made me really happy just recently.

I might be completely surprised and ended up loving it. But that story... if it scared Prince enough to pull the record, it could be one of those 2 things, really. I'll decide which one when I do get around to checking it out.
I'm just hoping it won't be so... out there... that it'll affect the way I view Prince. But my views have been influx lately... so maybe I could use a little jostling around in my head.
had 2 run away... pride was 2 strong. It started raining, baby, the birds were gone
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 09/27/07 8:00pm

ChaosDisorder

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 09/27/07 8:01pm

ChaosDisorder

NightGod, what is the story you heard?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 09/28/07 6:17am

langebleu

avatar

moderator

The first hand account is provided by Susan Rogers,

Second-hand accounts are provided by Matt Fink (story related to him by Gilbert Davison, Prince's bodygaurd) and Marylou Badeaux. Karen Krattinger also relates a strange telephone call from Prince that night whch might support the story.
From the accounts given it would also sem that Ingrid Chavez has also related the incident.

Prince was with Ingrid Chavez that night, and later met Susan Rogers.
.
.
[Edited 9/28/07 7:42am]
ALT+PLS+RTN: Pure as a pane of ice. It's a gift.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 09/28/07 7:02am

robertes71

avatar

Who's Susan Rogers, and what did she have to say?
"Plaid shorts are completely over."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 09/28/07 7:22am

LaLaLAHeHEHE

avatar

If you listen to the black album it was obvious he was on esctacy while he made the album. Anyone who has tried it will know!!
I am the Dog Outside Yo Door,

You Are The Cat Looking Intense,

I Bite Yo Leg In Self Defence.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 09/28/07 7:35am

DreamyPopRoyal
ty

avatar

LaLaLAHeHEHE said:

If you listen to the black album it was obvious he was on esctacy while he made the album. Anyone who has tried it will know!!


Oh goody... I think that was one of those reasons why I didn't want to get it.

After hearing what my parents said about him, I wanted to disassociate the thought of Prince's music being a result of "all the drugs" he supposedly took.
Back in April/May, I kept saying how Prince is pure of "influences" and the "nastiness" since he converted. And I'm like "but I don't believe he did any to began with." Then my mom gives me a look and my dad says, "he took lots"... which I started a thread on a while back. I've gotten the proof I needed to disclose that this was the only time... but still...

This is the most infamous "incident" cuz he "got caught"... I worry if this isn't the only time he had done so. Of course, I refuse to think the worst of him whenever possible, cuz who I am to judge His Greatness? (whoa, haven't called him that in forever)...

I'll see what happens when I do give it a listen and hopefully it doesn't change the way I feel about him now.
had 2 run away... pride was 2 strong. It started raining, baby, the birds were gone
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 09/28/07 7:41am

langebleu

avatar

moderator

robertes71 said:

Who's Susan Rogers, and what did she have to say?


Susan Rogers was Prince's engineer from 1983 to 1987.

She describes Prince calling her to Paisley Park in the early hours of the morning and meeting with both Ingrid Chavez and Prince.
ALT+PLS+RTN: Pure as a pane of ice. It's a gift.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 09/28/07 7:48am

langebleu

avatar

moderator

LaLaLAHeHEHE said:

If you listen to the black album it was obvious he was on esctacy while he made the album. Anyone who has tried it will know!!

The incident when Prince is alleged to have taken ecstacy is after the album had been compiled. There has never been a suggestion from anyone involved with the album that Prince was on ecstacy when the tracks on the album were recorded, some of which went back to 1986.
.
ALT+PLS+RTN: Pure as a pane of ice. It's a gift.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 09/28/07 7:54am

Virgo

Susan Rogers in Per Nilsen's DMSR book:
"It was two in the morning and it(Paisley) was empty. It was dark except for a couple of red candles and I heard a woman's voice say 'Are you looking for Prince?' I found out later the woman was Ingrid Chavez. And I said 'Yes. I'm supposed to meet him here at 2.a.m'. She said 'Well, he's here somewhere'
As I came out of the room, I suddenly came face to face with him and I'm certain he was high. His pupils were rally dilated and he looked unlike I'd ever seen him look before. He looked like he was tripping. He was standing very close to me and he asked, 'I just want to know one thing. Do you still love me?'
And I said that I did and that I knew he loved me. He said. 'Will you stay?' And I said 'No. I won't. Goodnight'. I headed to the door. It was really scary"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 09/28/07 8:00am

DreamyPopRoyal
ty

avatar

Virgo said:

Susan Rogers in Per Nilsen's DMSR book:
"It was two in the morning and it(Paisley) was empty. It was dark except for a couple of red candles and I heard a woman's voice say 'Are you looking for Prince?' I found out later the woman was Ingrid Chavez. And I said 'Yes. I'm supposed to meet him here at 2.a.m'. She said 'Well, he's here somewhere'
As I came out of the room, I suddenly came face to face with him and I'm certain he was high. His pupils were rally dilated and he looked unlike I'd ever seen him look before. He looked like he was tripping. He was standing very close to me and he asked, 'I just want to know one thing. Do you still love me?'
And I said that I did and that I knew he loved me. He said. 'Will you stay?' And I said 'No. I won't. Goodnight'. I headed to the door. It was really scary"


:screams and runs away:
Well, this proves it.... I don't think Prince had ever "scared" me b4 with anything he had written (well, maybe prince did, given the first couple of tracks from TGE...).
Man, if I were in her position, I'd probably run away too... but part of me wants to "save" him just thinking about that.
Ultimately, he saved himself. His "revelation" scared him away from drugs completely... at least as far as I know.
had 2 run away... pride was 2 strong. It started raining, baby, the birds were gone
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 09/28/07 8:17am

Virgo

Matt Fink has also mentioned that Cat might have been present at some point during the night.
Cat actually wrote a song about that night for her unreleased solo album in 1989.
"I've written a song about that for the album. A slow one called 'December 1st 1987' I was there for all that stuff, when it was made, when it didn't come out. I won't ever forget that time." (Cat, 1989)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 09/28/07 8:29am

Virgo

Karen Krattinger in Per Nilsen's DMSR book:

"It was 1.30 a.m. and he said 'Karen?' And I said 'What!?' And he said 'I just called to tell you I love you'. I said 'You know what Prince? I love you too and I think you should you know that because I wouldn't put up with this shit if I didn't.' He said that he was sorry he was so hard on me and that he needed my help to do right. He also said it was hard for him to express his feelings. That was about the extent of our conversation. He never ever said anything like that again. The next day was very strange because he seemed embarassed. It's possible the call was drug induced though I had never known him to do anything but drink wine"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 09/28/07 8:50am

MrsGoodnight

avatar

These accounts are hardly conclusive proof of drug taking though are they? Not that I'm saying he's never taken any...
I'm not stopping. I haven't even taken my coat off

C'mon and dance while you, while you still have your cherry babe, cherry babe..

www.KerrysCakes.org.uk
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 09/28/07 9:06am

NightGod

avatar

My source: Cat Glover

I filmed a behind the scenes video of her modeling shoot last year (the one many of you have seen on youtube), and spent a couple days hanging out with Cat Glover. She is very open and shared some amazing stories with me. This is one:

1987: Prince had never tried Ecstasy, and was curious about it after Cat told him what it felt like. He asked Cat to get him some (it came from her, where the common misconception is that it came from Ingrid). Cat was in LA when Prince made his request. She got some and flew in to MN and was staying at a hotel when Prince's limo showed up. While they were both in her room, Cat suggested Prince take half a dose "because he was so small". He took the full dose and told Cat to wait for him. He rode off in his limo and Cat didn't hear from him until much later.

Prince decided to go to a club while he was tripping. It was here that he met Ingrid Chavez, which eventually led them to Paisley Park. Cat said she didn't think Ingrid knew Prince was tripping on E. Prince called Cat later from the limo and told her about Ingrid. She was riding with him at that point, and the three of them went out to Paisley, making for a historical night in Prince's career.

Even more interesting is her source for where she got the Ecstasy in the first place: Anthony Kiedis from the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

(On a side note, I haven't talked about my experiences with Cat here mainly because of the way people were attacking her on this board after she reappeared. I was one of the many who wondered what had happened to her after all these years, and I just got lucky that I knew Richard Hallmark, who designed the clothes Cat was modeling. Cat is very aware of who she is and where she's been, and is just an amazing person to hang out with. She's extremely open, outgoing and intelligent. This story is just an example of what she's been carrying around with her these past 20 years. Cat, if you're reading this, please write a book!)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 09/28/07 9:13am

Virgo

Wow biggrin
Always had a strong feeling that Cat was somehow involved. Hence my previous post wink
Thanx for sharing the story, Nightgod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 09/28/07 9:31am

NouveauDance

avatar

NightGod said:

My source: Cat Glover

I filmed a behind the scenes video of her modeling shoot last year (the one many of you have seen on youtube), and spent a couple days hanging out with Cat Glover. She is very open and shared some amazing stories with me. This is one:

1987: Prince had never tried Ecstasy, and was curious about it after Cat told him what it felt like. He asked Cat to get him some (it came from her, where the common misconception is that it came from Ingrid). Cat was in LA when Prince made his request. She got some and flew in to MN and was staying at a hotel when Prince's limo showed up. While they were both in her room, Cat suggested Prince take half a dose "because he was so small". He took the full dose and told Cat to wait for him. He rode off in his limo and Cat didn't hear from him until much later.

Prince decided to go to a club while he was tripping. It was here that he met Ingrid Chavez, which eventually led them to Paisley Park. Cat said she didn't think Ingrid knew Prince was tripping on E. Prince called Cat later from the limo and told her about Ingrid. She was riding with him at that point, and the three of them went out to Paisley, making for a historical night in Prince's career.

Even more interesting is her source for where she got the Ecstasy in the first place: Anthony Kiedis from the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

(On a side note, I haven't talked about my experiences with Cat here mainly because of the way people were attacking her on this board after she reappeared. I was one of the many who wondered what had happened to her after all these years, and I just got lucky that I knew Richard Hallmark, who designed the clothes Cat was modeling. Cat is very aware of who she is and where she's been, and is just an amazing person to hang out with. She's extremely open, outgoing and intelligent. This story is just an example of what she's been carrying around with her these past 20 years. Cat, if you're reading this, please write a book!)


Rockin'. Thanks for adding a version of story we haven't heard before.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 09/28/07 10:04am

Mindflux

avatar

DreamyPopRoyalty said:

LaLaLAHeHEHE said:

If you listen to the black album it was obvious he was on esctacy while he made the album. Anyone who has tried it will know!!


Oh goody... I think that was one of those reasons why I didn't want to get it.

After hearing what my parents said about him, I wanted to disassociate the thought of Prince's music being a result of "all the drugs" he supposedly took.
Back in April/May, I kept saying how Prince is pure of "influences" and the "nastiness" since he converted. And I'm like "but I don't believe he did any to began with." Then my mom gives me a look and my dad says, "he took lots"... which I started a thread on a while back. I've gotten the proof I needed to disclose that this was the only time... but still...

This is the most infamous "incident" cuz he "got caught"... I worry if this isn't the only time he had done so. Of course, I refuse to think the worst of him whenever possible, cuz who I am to judge His Greatness? (whoa, haven't called him that in forever)...

I'll see what happens when I do give it a listen and hopefully it doesn't change the way I feel about him now.


So then, why are you so judgemental about people who do take drugs? Why did you need proof he'd only done it this time? (And, where is that proof?) And, if you didn't want to get Black because of possible drug influence (BTW, it was NOT necessarily recorded on drugs!), then you'd best get rid of probably 80% of your record collection, cos guess what.....???

And why do you so want to protect yourself from anything that might change how you feel about Prince? Are you saying you would prefer some fictional construct of the man you love, instead of embracing him for who he is?

Some of your statements are more irrational than many "scary" drug-takers!
...we have only scratched the surface of what the mind can do...

My dance project;
www.zubzub.co.uk

Listen to any of my tracks in full, for free, here;
www.zubzub.bandcamp.com

Go and glisten wink
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 09/28/07 10:07am

Mindflux

avatar

NightGod said:

My source: Cat Glover

I filmed a behind the scenes video of her modeling shoot last year (the one many of you have seen on youtube), and spent a couple days hanging out with Cat Glover. She is very open and shared some amazing stories with me. This is one:

1987: Prince had never tried Ecstasy, and was curious about it after Cat told him what it felt like. He asked Cat to get him some (it came from her, where the common misconception is that it came from Ingrid). Cat was in LA when Prince made his request. She got some and flew in to MN and was staying at a hotel when Prince's limo showed up. While they were both in her room, Cat suggested Prince take half a dose "because he was so small". He took the full dose and told Cat to wait for him. He rode off in his limo and Cat didn't hear from him until much later.

Prince decided to go to a club while he was tripping. It was here that he met Ingrid Chavez, which eventually led them to Paisley Park. Cat said she didn't think Ingrid knew Prince was tripping on E. Prince called Cat later from the limo and told her about Ingrid. She was riding with him at that point, and the three of them went out to Paisley, making for a historical night in Prince's career.

Even more interesting is her source for where she got the Ecstasy in the first place: Anthony Kiedis from the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

(On a side note, I haven't talked about my experiences with Cat here mainly because of the way people were attacking her on this board after she reappeared. I was one of the many who wondered what had happened to her after all these years, and I just got lucky that I knew Richard Hallmark, who designed the clothes Cat was modeling. Cat is very aware of who she is and where she's been, and is just an amazing person to hang out with. She's extremely open, outgoing and intelligent. This story is just an example of what she's been carrying around with her these past 20 years. Cat, if you're reading this, please write a book!)


Great story and very interesting reading - however, I'm not sure that either Cat or Anthony will thank you for implicating them in drug supply!
...we have only scratched the surface of what the mind can do...

My dance project;
www.zubzub.co.uk

Listen to any of my tracks in full, for free, here;
www.zubzub.bandcamp.com

Go and glisten wink
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 09/28/07 10:18am

Mindflux

avatar

Mindflux said:

DreamyPopRoyalty said:



Oh goody... I think that was one of those reasons why I didn't want to get it.

After hearing what my parents said about him, I wanted to disassociate the thought of Prince's music being a result of "all the drugs" he supposedly took.
Back in April/May, I kept saying how Prince is pure of "influences" and the "nastiness" since he converted. And I'm like "but I don't believe he did any to began with." Then my mom gives me a look and my dad says, "he took lots"... which I started a thread on a while back. I've gotten the proof I needed to disclose that this was the only time... but still...

This is the most infamous "incident" cuz he "got caught"... I worry if this isn't the only time he had done so. Of course, I refuse to think the worst of him whenever possible, cuz who I am to judge His Greatness? (whoa, haven't called him that in forever)...

I'll see what happens when I do give it a listen and hopefully it doesn't change the way I feel about him now.


So then, why are you so judgemental about people who do take drugs? Why did you need proof he'd only done it this time? (And, where is that proof?) And, if you didn't want to get Black because of possible drug influence (BTW, it was NOT necessarily recorded on drugs!), then you'd best get rid of probably 80% of your record collection, cos guess what.....???

And why do you so want to protect yourself from anything that might change how you feel about Prince? Are you saying you would prefer some fictional construct of the man you love, instead of embracing him for who he is?

Some of your statements are more irrational than many "scary" drug-takers!


Ah, a quick read of your blog answers (at least) one of my questions eek

"I used to believe that things happened to me the way they did because Prince wanted it that way. I've started to believe less and less that he really has a hand in anything I do with his work. It seems ludricious to even think such thoughts, so I try to bar them from my mind. But I want that belief system back. I want to have that hope return to me. At the same time, a part of me is saying, "he doesn't care about you and what you do. He doesn't have a hand in what happens with you and his music."

Our "strange relationship" has been one rollercoaster ride after another, but I've always bounced back to a new level of... us having a connection. I haven't truly connected with his music in a long time. That was back when I could actually feel the emotions behind his songs, but TGE stopped me in my tracks. I haven't quite forgiven "Gold" for putting me through that. It's a sad day when your soul tattoo betrays your trust in it...

I wish right now that I had a sign that I could go back to the way things used to be with me and Prince. I'd give anything to feel that way about him again, even if it is false... because it still felt very real to me even if it was just an illusion. But I doubt I can count an appearance from "dream" Prince. He never comes when he's called."

eek lol eek
...we have only scratched the surface of what the mind can do...

My dance project;
www.zubzub.co.uk

Listen to any of my tracks in full, for free, here;
www.zubzub.bandcamp.com

Go and glisten wink
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 09/28/07 3:43pm

4bjb

NightGod said:

My source: Cat Glover

I filmed a behind the scenes video of her modeling shoot last year (the one many of you have seen on youtube), and spent a couple days hanging out with Cat Glover. She is very open and shared some amazing stories with me. This is one:

1987: Prince had never tried Ecstasy, and was curious about it after Cat told him what it felt like. He asked Cat to get him some (it came from her, where the common misconception is that it came from Ingrid). Cat was in LA when Prince made his request. She got some and flew in to MN and was staying at a hotel when Prince's limo showed up. While they were both in her room, Cat suggested Prince take half a dose "because he was so small". He took the full dose and told Cat to wait for him. He rode off in his limo and Cat didn't hear from him until much later.

Prince decided to go to a club while he was tripping. It was here that he met Ingrid Chavez, which eventually led them to Paisley Park. Cat said she didn't think Ingrid knew Prince was tripping on E. Prince called Cat later from the limo and told her about Ingrid. She was riding with him at that point, and the three of them went out to Paisley, making for a historical night in Prince's career.

Even more interesting is her source for where she got the Ecstasy in the first place: Anthony Kiedis from the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

(On a side note, I haven't talked about my experiences with Cat here mainly because of the way people were attacking her on this board after she reappeared. I was one of the many who wondered what had happened to her after all these years, and I just got lucky that I knew Richard Hallmark, who designed the clothes Cat was modeling. Cat is very aware of who she is and where she's been, and is just an amazing person to hang out with. She's extremely open, outgoing and intelligent. This story is just an example of what she's been carrying around with her these past 20 years. Cat, if you're reading this, please write a book!)


I've never taken any drugs, however my gut feeling tells me if Prince took more of the drug than he should have due to his size then why didn't he have some kind of a reaction. Is ectascy a form of speed. If so, being he is of small stature seems like he would have had a heart attack.
Lemme
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 09/28/07 3:53pm

Anotherloverho
leinyohead

NightGod said:



(On a side note, I haven't talked about my experiences with Cat here mainly because of the way people were attacking her on this board after she reappeared. I was one of the many who wondered what had happened to her after all these years, and I just got lucky that I knew Richard Hallmark, who designed the clothes Cat was modeling. Cat is very aware of who she is and where she's been, and is just an amazing person to hang out with. She's extremely open, outgoing and intelligent. This story is just an example of what she's been carrying around with her these past 20 years. Cat, if you're reading this, please write a book!)


It sucks if people were trashing Cat, I like her and I'm glad she is still doing well. Good story too, NightGod. Thanks for sharing biggrin
Sounds like a real man to me...mind if I turn on the radio?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 09/28/07 3:55pm

DreamyPopRoyal
ty

avatar

Mindflux said:


Ah, a quick read of your blog answers (at least) one of my questions eek

"I used to believe that things happened to me the way they did because Prince wanted it that way. I've started to believe less and less that he really has a hand in anything I do with his work. It seems ludricious to even think such thoughts, so I try to bar them from my mind. But I want that belief system back. I want to have that hope return to me. At the same time, a part of me is saying, "he doesn't care about you and what you do. He doesn't have a hand in what happens with you and his music."

Our "strange relationship" has been one rollercoaster ride after another, but I've always bounced back to a new level of... us having a connection. I haven't truly connected with his music in a long time. That was back when I could actually feel the emotions behind his songs, but TGE stopped me in my tracks. I haven't quite forgiven "Gold" for putting me through that. It's a sad day when your soul tattoo betrays your trust in it...

I wish right now that I had a sign that I could go back to the way things used to be with me and Prince. I'd give anything to feel that way about him again, even if it is false... because it still felt very real to me even if it was just an illusion. But I doubt I can count an appearance from "dream" Prince. He never comes when he's called."
eek lol eek


Wow... so some of you actually read my blog... I've gotten very few responses about it.
Not quite sure how that answers your question, but w/e. Sure, I keep in mind that Prince in reality isn't quite the way I believe him to be based on music alone. His music comes from inside... in one dream, he told me that he writes from the heart... so I've tried to look for it in everything he's written. About a month ago, I felt like I had gained a 6th sense and could really see into his mind & heart (at least I believe it was).
My only fear of TBA, I think, is that it would scare me away from him completely... I'd never want anything to tear "us" apart... especially not over something as trivial as "drug use"...

He's opened my mind quite a bit, so I guess you're right. it'd be hyprocritical of me to exclude something out of fear alone. Or maybe I fear seeing a "vision" the way he had... but it could have been an influence. I wasn't there, I don't know for sure.

shrug I won't know until I give it a listen. Which should be next week. Working thru Parade/UTCM right now...
had 2 run away... pride was 2 strong. It started raining, baby, the birds were gone
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 09/28/07 4:02pm

ace1967

avatar

NightGod said:

My source: Cat Glover

Cat suggested Prince take half a dose "because he was so small". He took the full dose and told Cat to wait for him. He rode off in his limo and Cat didn't hear from him until much later.


Poor guy, even when taking drugs his height becomes an issue! No wonder he rode off, he was probably pissed off with the suggestion.
Say hello to Podge
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 6 123456>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > The Black Album / Ecstasy / Lovesexy story