independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 8th Apr 2020 4:53am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Concerts > Concert: Manchester Academy, Saturday 22nd February
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 6 of 9 <123456789>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #150 posted 02/23/14 9:03am

divas21212

Set list


Edit: link deleted - includes links to uploads in violation of site rules


langebleu - moderator
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #151 posted 02/23/14 9:06am

BlackCandle

avatar

During "Something In The Water" he appeared to be aiming the song at somebody on the left side of the audience.

At first I thought it was just theatrics, but when he got up from the keyboard and walked over to the left, he looked over to the same place and said " I think we got a runner".

That made me think that someone had left. Does anyone remember & did anyone see..? hmmm
"Had to get off the boat so I could walk on water..."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #152 posted 02/23/14 9:38am

dodger

unique said:



dodger said:


One of the best nights of my life. I've seen him 8 times but To see him up close (I was about 10 deep from his mic) was just unbelievable. I just stood there for 3 hours with a big stupid grin. . He's been accused by some of going thru the motions for a while but now he's totally energised and on top form. Having these young people around must keep him young and inspire him to mentor them . Great mixed set list with old classics and new stuff. But even the old classics sound fresh (even Take Me With U). Lots of highlights but I loved The Max and the new version of Something In The Water. . And how hot is Hannah. What was the song her and her husband danced to at the end? The remix of Pretzel was good, probably better than the original


stop this train was the new song at the end that hannah mimed and danced to with josh. princes vocal version of unexpected was played at the start (the song he wrote for liv), and it seems to be a different recording, not just different vocals, but similar instrumentation to liv's version. her album wasn't played at the start last night like the previous night and i think one or two other nights like kokos, but it's a great album and worth getting



Thanks. So is Stop the Train an original song of theirs or Prince's?

I've heard a bit of the liv album. The song Wow on the PA last night sounded good but Mojo said Wow is an instrumental so that'll be a shame if the one from last night doesn't get released
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #153 posted 02/23/14 9:40am

Kudra23

avatar

namaste2u said:



Kudra23 said:


SometimesIwonder said:
Prince was also giving some girl in the crowd at the otherside from us a bit of a ribbing! He kept pointing at her saying "This is about u! U know this is about u!" Then he saw that this girl had gone from her spot & said something like "Oh, we got a runner! Don't worry u'll still b able to hear us from the street!" Ha ha God Knows what he was on about but it was funny! Then he told her she was wearing her jumper backwards or something & said "Where were u last night?! U shoulda been here last night!!" Bloody love Prince's banter when he gets started! Don't know if he was actually talking to this poor lass who did a bolt or if he was just on the wind up, ad-libbing! lol Things keep flooding back to me as I'm reminiscing on how outstanding last nights show was! [Edited 2/23/14 7:45am]

She was near us on someone's shoulder and then got down. I got the impression she wasn't sure if he was encouraging her to let others see or just having some fun. Does anyone remember what he said about tickets and scalpers. I'm sure he apologised for the ticketing issues but don't know if it was my imagination?!?

It was the Girl with the headphones on he was commenting to next to the couple you mentioned she was feelin ill and had to leave


Ok, though I reckon if he'd have been singing to me I'd have tried my damnedness to stay through the song! She must have been ill.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #154 posted 02/23/14 9:52am

BlackCandle

avatar

Girl about 3 rows in had drawn a "third eye" on her forehead.
She absolutely turned to blubber when Prince spotted her, pointed at her and then pointed at his own head.
Hysterical.
"Had to get off the boat so I could walk on water..."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #155 posted 02/23/14 10:03am

abigailj

BlackCandle said:

During "Something In The Water" he appeared to be aiming the song at somebody on the left side of the audience. At first I thought it was just theatrics, but when he got up from the keyboard and walked over to the left, he looked over to the same place and said " I think we got a runner". That made me think that someone had left. Does anyone remember & did anyone see..? hmmm

Yeah I remember that but I didn't see anyone. I thought it was theatrics too.

Finally after 3 weeks of drama, all 4 of us, made it into a show together, and onto the front row.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #156 posted 02/23/14 10:05am

PurpleRainy14

I loved When Where Dancing Close and Slow. Had such a hard funky baseline and groove too it.

Really haven't been able to come down today.

Need another fix ASAP!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #157 posted 02/23/14 10:10am

SometimesIwond
er

PurpleRainy14 said:

I loved When Where Dancing Close and Slow. Had such a hard funky baseline and groove too it.

Really haven't been able to come down today.

Need another fix ASAP!


Uh? confuse When we're dancing close & slow was such a quiet number with only Prince on the piano. Couldn't believe when he sang all the words!!


'When we're dancing close and slow
I'm not afraid to let my feelings show
I want to come inside of you, I want to hold you when we're through
Can't you feel my love touching you?'

WoW! Just fallinluv
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #158 posted 02/23/14 10:40am

dunkrag

divas21212 said:

Set list


Edit: link deleted - includes links to uploads in violation of site rules]


langebleu - moderator


That's not the right order at all...

The Max was way lower down and Screwdriver much higher in the list for starters.. WDC was much later in the list too..

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #159 posted 02/23/14 10:46am

dayzofwyld

dunkrag said:

divas21212 said:

Set list

Edit: link deleted - includes links to uploads in violation of site rules]


langebleu - moderator

That's not the right order at all...

The Max was way lower down and Screwdriver much higher in the list for starters.. WDC was much later in the list too..

Does it matter?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #160 posted 02/23/14 11:32am

PurpleRainy14

SometimesIwonder said:

PurpleRainy14 said:

I loved When Where Dancing Close and Slow. Had such a hard funky baseline and groove too it.

Really haven't been able to come down today.

Need another fix ASAP!


Uh? confuse When we're dancing close & slow was such a quiet number with only Prince on the piano. Couldn't believe when he sang all the words!!


'When we're dancing close and slow
I'm not afraid to let my feelings show
I want to come inside of you, I want to hold you when we're through
Can't you feel my love touching you?'

WoW! Just fallinluv


Shit you're right! Sorry!

What was the track played about half way through with the deep and funky baseline? Almost sounded like techno!?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #161 posted 02/23/14 11:44am

dunkrag

dayzofwyld said:

dunkrag said:

That's not the right order at all...

The Max was way lower down and Screwdriver much higher in the list for starters.. WDC was much later in the list too..

Does it matter?

Only if you want to know the set list I guess..

Not sure I'll be able to get as excited about seeing him in an arena size venue again.. been buzzing all day..

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #162 posted 02/23/14 11:59am

jfrost

avatar

Thanks To Peter

Prince Manchester 22/2

Manchester - Academy 22 february 2014

Setlist

wow (speaker)
Let's go crazy reloaded
Guitar
Plettrum electrum
Fix your Life up
Something in the water dose not compute (piano)
When we're dancing colse and slow(piano)
She's always in my hair
Funk n' roll

Sampler set
Sott
Hot thing
Forever in my Life (piano and Bass)

Icnttpoym
Crimson and clover

Sampler set 2
When doves cry
Alphabet street

777-93-11bass solo

Sampler set 3

Housequake
I world die 4 u
If i was your girlfriend (instrumental)

Purple rain (piano)

Screwdriver

Piano medley

How come u don't call me anymore?
Starfish and coffee
Diamonds and pearls
Beautiful ones
Under the cherry moon (instrumental)
Sometimes it snows in April
Nothing compares 2 u
The Max

Play that funky music

Take me with u (keyboard)
Raspberry beret (keyboard)
Cool(keyboard)

Endorphinemachine
Bambi
Colonized mind
Cause and effect

[Edited 2/23/14 12:00pm]

The right to free discussion is protected!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #163 posted 02/23/14 12:01pm

dandan

dunkrag said:

Not sure I'll be able to get as excited about seeing him in an arena size venue again.. been buzzing all day..

I agree. The idea of an arena show just seems like nothing compared to being a few feet away from him while he plays through rarities and b-sides with a stripped back band in a club. Don't think I'll be able to settle for anything but front row seats after last night.

I got two sides... and they're both friends.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #164 posted 02/23/14 12:06pm

dewmass

avatar

dunkrag said:

dayzofwyld said:

Does it matter?

Only if you want to know the set list I guess..

Not sure I'll be able to get as excited about seeing him in an arena size venue again.. been buzzing all day..

I agree. I've always been more of a fan of the rock side of Prince, these shows have been like my dream, something you'd never ever expect to see. The idea of seeing Prince in these types of venues a few foot away just rocking out seems ridciulous, the three I went to are unforgettable memories for me.

Now its over and can't think where else to put it I want to say thank you to everyone for the information this month. Great to meet mikeyaddict and the fella from Leeds and be surrounded by people just as thrilled as I have been

Back to real life now sad

-----------------------------------------
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #165 posted 02/23/14 12:08pm

mozfather

blackbob said:

RumAndRaisin said:

setlist?

I will tell you what I remember him playing.. Funk n roll Crimson and clover Fixurlifeup Bambi When doves cry The beautiful ones Purple rain I would die 4 u Venus de milo Under the cherry moon Sometimes it snows in april When were dancing close and slow Something in the water Shes always in my hair Take me with u Raspberry beret Sign o the times Housequake Starfish and coffee Hot thing Forever in my life If I was your girlfriend I could never take the place oym Alphabet st Diamonds and pearls Endorphin machine Cause and effect 777-9311 Cool Nothing compares 2 u Play that funky music Plectrum electrum Add to that.. Lets go crazy The max Colonised mind Screwdriver Its not in order..just what I remember.. [Edited 2/23/14 8:16am] [Edited 2/23/14 8:21am]

Chaos and disorder too

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #166 posted 02/23/14 12:16pm

unique

avatar

the PA track is princes version of the unexpected, title track from liv's album

wow is the instrumental track that people refer to as plectrum electrum

marz is the track that stars with the maccdy d lyrics from midnight blues

stop this train is the PA track with vocal by hannah at the end

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #167 posted 02/23/14 12:42pm

Gottobefunky

avatar

jfrost said:

Thanks To Peter




Prince Manchester 22/2

Manchester - Academy 22 february 2014

Setlist

wow (speaker)
Let's go crazy reloaded
Guitar
Plettrum electrum
Fix your Life up
Something in the water dose not compute (piano)
When we're dancing colse and slow(piano)
She's always in my hair
Funk n' roll

Sampler set
Sott
Hot thing
Forever in my Life (piano and Bass)

Icnttpoym
Crimson and clover

Sampler set 2
When doves cry
Alphabet street

777-93-11bass solo

Sampler set 3

Housequake
I world die 4 u
If i was your girlfriend (instrumental)

Purple rain (piano)

Screwdriver

Piano medley

How come u don't call me anymore?
Starfish and coffee
Diamonds and pearls
Beautiful ones
Under the cherry moon (instrumental)
Sometimes it snows in April
Nothing compares 2 u
The Max

Play that funky music

Take me with u (keyboard)
Raspberry beret (keyboard)
Cool(keyboard)

Endorphinemachine
Bambi
Colonized mind
Cause and effect

[Edited 2/23/14 12:00pm]



I think that just needs these adding somewhere:

Chaos & Disorder
Nasty Girl (before 777-9311)
Venus de Milo
----------------------------------------------

At least until the world stops going round!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #168 posted 02/23/14 1:03pm

unique

avatar

he didnt play venus de milo, he played UTCM and SISIA

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #169 posted 02/23/14 1:19pm

mikeyaddict

avatar

dunkrag said:



divas21212 said:


Set list


Edit: link deleted - includes links to uploads in violation of site rules]


langebleu - moderator


That's not the right order at all...



The Max was way lower down and Screwdriver much higher in the list for starters.. WDC was much later in the list too..



If u want to put it in the right order I'm sure everyone would be pleased! It took me ages to rack my brains for every song and was about to post before Bob got there innit.
Comin str8 outta Preston...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #170 posted 02/23/14 1:30pm

mikeyaddict

avatar

dewmass said:



dunkrag said:




dayzofwyld said:




Does it matter?



Only if you want to know the set list I guess..



Not sure I'll be able to get as excited about seeing him in an arena size venue again.. been buzzing all day..



I agree. I've always been more of a fan of the rock side of Prince, these shows have been like my dream, something you'd never ever expect to see. The idea of seeing Prince in these types of venues a few foot away just rocking out seems ridciulous, the three I went to are unforgettable memories for me.




Now its over and can't think where else to put it I want to say thank you to everyone for the information this month. Great to meet mikeyaddict and the fella from Leeds and be surrounded by people just as thrilled as I have been



Back to real life now sad




Good to meet u too brother. Drinking some purple cool aid (ok, vin rouge!) and looking forward to a whole week off work. I'm to scared to put any music on yet - just trying to remember what I heard rather than let other things take over the purity of the memory! Not even gone on you tube or owt. We were fortunate. I might be over egging it a bit but I think something special and maybe even spiritual happened last night. The academy should be retired immediately.
Comin str8 outta Preston...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #171 posted 02/23/14 1:35pm

abigailj

mikeyaddict said:

dunkrag said:


That's not the right order at all...

The Max was way lower down and Screwdriver much higher in the list for starters.. WDC was much later in the list too..

If u want to put it in the right order I'm sure everyone would be pleased! It took me ages to rack my brains for every song and was about to post before Bob got there innit.

Hello Mikey! We were in the queue with u yesterday (dressed as an oven ready turkey)

4hr bus ride home last night and we were trying to do a set list but I couldn't do it. I was in a wierd state of tiredness/post show hyperness.

[Edited 2/23/14 13:38pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #172 posted 02/23/14 1:40pm

mikeyaddict

avatar

abigailj said:



mikeyaddict said:


dunkrag said:



That's not the right order at all...



The Max was way lower down and Screwdriver much higher in the list for starters.. WDC was much later in the list too..



If u want to put it in the right order I'm sure everyone would be pleased! It took me ages to rack my brains for every song and was about to post before Bob got there innit.

Hello Mikey! We were in the queue with u yesterday.



4hr bus ride home last night and we were trying to do a set list but I couldn't do it. I was in a wierd state of tiredness/post show hyperness.



Well done on making it to ur bus! Really nice to meet u both too - hope u had a good spot in there. Don't believe I had no tall people in front of me…and had Purple Ronnie (Julian?) to me left - if I've not retired from seeing him live (how can I go again - surely yesterday can't be topped?) hopefully see u's at another show, take care and peace! Mikey
Comin str8 outta Preston...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #173 posted 02/23/14 1:45pm

blackbob

avatar

unique said:

he didnt play venus de milo, he played UTCM and SISIA

are you sure ?..could swear i heard him play some of it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #174 posted 02/23/14 2:08pm

unique

avatar

blackbob said:

unique said:

he didnt play venus de milo, he played UTCM and SISIA

are you sure ?..could swear i heard him play some of it.

yeah

howcome

starfish

diamonds

beautiful 1

utcm inst

snows

nc2u

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #175 posted 02/23/14 2:29pm

abigailj

mikeyaddict said:

abigailj said:

Hello Mikey! We were in the queue with u yesterday.

4hr bus ride home last night and we were trying to do a set list but I couldn't do it. I was in a wierd state of tiredness/post show hyperness.

Well done on making it to ur bus! Really nice to meet u both too - hope u had a good spot in there. Don't believe I had no tall people in front of me…and had Purple Ronnie (Julian?) to me left - if I've not retired from seeing him live (how can I go again - surely yesterday can't be topped?) hopefully see u's at another show, take care and peace! Mikey

Yeah we got to the front row biggrin I know what you mean. It will be odd to go from this to an arena. Hopefully they will be back soon. See you again whenever that is!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #176 posted 02/23/14 2:52pm

calciumpaul

"Thank you"

[no crowd reaction]

"THANK YOU!"

[huge roar]

"You're welcome"

The guy is a comedy genius.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #177 posted 02/23/14 3:41pm

EuanH91

SometimesIwonder said:

PurpleRainy14 said:
I loved When Where Dancing Close and Slow. Had such a hard funky baseline and groove too it. Really haven't been able to come down today. Need another fix ASAP!
Uh? confuse When we're dancing close & slow was such a quiet number with only Prince on the piano. Couldn't believe when he sang all the words!! 'When we're dancing close and slow I'm not afraid to let my feelings show I want to come inside of you, I want to hold you when we're through Can't you feel my love touching you?' WoW! Just fallinluv

He actually sang that? lol Sounds a bit risqué for him these days.. or did he change it to "come inside with you" or something? lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #178 posted 02/23/14 4:36pm

tab32792

Man i say he give up arena shows. The reviews of these shows as a whole have been some of the best I've read in a long time. Whether he plays rock funk jazz IDC. I need to see P in a club as soon as possible lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #179 posted 02/23/14 6:12pm

dandan

EuanH91 said:

SometimesIwonder said:

PurpleRainy14 said: Uh? confuse When we're dancing close & slow was such a quiet number with only Prince on the piano. Couldn't believe when he sang all the words!! 'When we're dancing close and slow I'm not afraid to let my feelings show I want to come inside of you, I want to hold you when we're through Can't you feel my love touching you?' WoW! Just fallinluv

He actually sang that? lol Sounds a bit risqué for him these days.. or did he change it to "come inside with you" or something? lol

He sang the original lyrics, i'm 100% sure, I was listening for it lol At the end of How Come You Don't Call Me Anymore he said something like 'you know what i'm all about... S... E... X' He defintely spelt it out like that but the bit before it may have been different.

[Edited 2/23/14 18:51pm]

I got two sides... and they're both friends.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 6 of 9 <123456789>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Concerts > Concert: Manchester Academy, Saturday 22nd February