independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 18th Aug 2018 3:41pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > The Vault Masters Have Been Moved to Iron Mountain in California
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 11 of 17 « First<789101112131415>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #300 posted 10/20/17 10:02am

nelcp777

Nothing is infallable. Safety precautions cannot protect from everything. Iron Mountain was first optioned by Comerica around August 2nd, according to the estate documents. After reading half and scannig through the other half of the documents, running the Estate is a monumental task. Between the recording contracts, licensing agreements, merchandising, and trademarks a lone, it is a beast.

The move of the masters from the Vault to Iron Mountain is not a personal move. It is a business move on behalf of Comerica. The have a due diligence to preserve assets and monetize the Estate. It seems they have done more in less than a year than Bremer.

Don't get me wrong, Bremer had their hands full with the initial onslaught of the Estate. Legalities alone was a nightmare.

As more time passes, I strongly believe that things will get smoother, more efficient and once the Estate is disolved and handed over to the heirs, it will be organized and functional.

How long that will take, that is the million dollar question.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #301 posted 10/20/17 10:08am

FlyOnTheWall

Mumio said:

rogifan said:


OK well then I guess you better alert the Grammys and movie studios and sports teams who are all using this facility. wink



The entire population of CA too! Not hearing of any mass exodus happening nor planned. When talking natural disasters, there is no telling anything about it. I've been hearing that CA is gonna break off and drop into the ocean since I was a young child. That was a looong time ago and it's still there. Whatever happens, happens.

nod I think that's what the experts mean when they say that the Big One is "long overdue."

BTW: Once again, my posts are not aimed at building consensus on The Org. I just hope that someone from the estate is reading this thread and will seriously consider the reports from the New York Times and Oregon Public Broadcasting. The piece in the Times, "California Prepares for ...ke Drill," was published yesterday, for crying out loud.

Bottom line: California is the WORST possible place to store the contents of Prince's Vault. And, if Iron Mountain's leadership were wise and forward-thinking, they would consider moving ALL of the invaluable, irreplaceable entertainment artifacts with which they have been entrusted (NBA, Grammys, etc.) to another state. STAT.

That is all.

[Edited 10/20/17 10:31am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #302 posted 10/20/17 10:22am

bonatoc

avatar

Ow c'm'on guys. The mountain is made of iron.
What could possibly happen?

The Colors R brighter, the Bond is much tighter
No Child's a failure
Until the Blue Sailboat sails him away from his dreams
Don't Ever Lose, Don't Ever Lose
Don't Ever Lose Your Dreams
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #303 posted 10/20/17 11:02am

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

You must be a glass half full kinda person.

lol

FlyOnTheWall said:

Mumio said:



The entire population of CA too! Not hearing of any mass exodus happening nor planned. When talking natural disasters, there is no telling anything about it. I've been hearing that CA is gonna break off and drop into the ocean since I was a young child. That was a looong time ago and it's still there. Whatever happens, happens.

nod I think that's what the experts mean when they say that the Big One is "long overdue."

BTW: Once again, my posts are not aimed at building consensus on The Org. I just hope that someone from the estate is reading this thread and will seriously consider the reports from the New York Times and Oregon Public Broadcasting. The piece in the Times, "California Prepares for ...ke Drill," was published yesterday, for crying out loud.

Bottom line: California is the WORST possible place to store the contents of Prince's Vault. And, if Iron Mountain's leadership were wise and forward-thinking, they would consider moving ALL of the invaluable, irreplaceable entertainment artifacts with which they have been entrusted (NBA, Grammys, etc.) to another state. STAT.

That is all.

[Edited 10/20/17 10:31am]

[Edited 10/20/17 11:03am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #304 posted 10/20/17 11:13am

FlyOnTheWall

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

You must be a glass half full kinda person.

lol

FlyOnTheWall said:

nod I think that's what the experts mean when they say that the Big One is "long overdue."

BTW: Once again, my posts are not aimed at building consensus on The Org. I just hope that someone from the estate is reading this thread and will seriously consider the reports from the New York Times and Oregon Public Broadcasting. The piece in the Times, "California Prepares for ...ke Drill," was published yesterday, for crying out loud.

Bottom line: California is the WORST possible place to store the contents of Prince's Vault. And, if Iron Mountain's leadership were wise and forward-thinking, they would consider moving ALL of the invaluable, irreplaceable entertainment artifacts with which they have been entrusted (NBA, Grammys, etc.) to another state. STAT.

That is all.

[Edited 10/20/17 10:31am]

[Edited 10/20/17 11:03am]

????????

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #305 posted 10/20/17 12:15pm

Mumio

avatar

FlyOnTheWall said:


I just hope that someone from the estate is reading this thread and will seriously consider the reports from the New York Times and Oregon Public Broadcasting.

[Edited 10/20/17 10:31am]


They won't do anything at all because they have already made a decision on how to proceed.

Not intending to offend at all, but I am not aware of one single person currently posting here on the org that is qualified in any way to make any determinations about what is being done with the vault contents and several who are qualified to speak have done so and say this is a good move. I believe them. People should be happy that maybe the vault music/videos/whatever are that much closer to release.

I get you on the consensus thing, because I am that way. I don't need validation from anyone, I'm good with my own decisions but am more than willing to hear from those who know more than I do.

Have a good night/weekend smile

[Edited 10/20/17 12:15pm]

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #306 posted 10/20/17 12:17pm

Mumio

avatar

bonatoc said:

Ow c'm'on guys. The mountain is made of iron.
What could possibly happen?



lol

Anything and everything anywhere is the answer to that. nod

And you have a good night/weekend too smile

[Edited 10/20/17 12:18pm]

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #307 posted 10/20/17 12:20pm

Mumio

avatar

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

You must be a glass half full kinda person.

lol


eek lol

Have a good night/weekend. lol


I think I will add something like that to every post I make from now on smile

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #308 posted 10/20/17 1:44pm

leadline

rogifan said:

FlyOnTheWall said:

Very. Seriously. nod

OK well then I guess you better alert the Grammys and movie studios and sports teams who are all using this facility. wink


I am sure they are aware of the potential, but like you, and most other folks around, they are complacent to the possibility of the big one hitting in our lifetimes. Goes back to the whole reactive/proactive thing. Just because folks have heard people talking about it for years, and nothing has happened yet, doesn't mean the potential is gone. Yes, all the hollywood stuff will be gone too, and guess what, if the big one does happen, and Arizona is the new west coast, everyone will be cryin why the hell didnt we store this stuff somewhere else, or, at least have some redundancy in place.


The only thing that could destroy the music at paisley is a direct hit from a nuke, and if that happens, the rest of us wont have to worry about the next release anyway.


[Edited 10/20/17 13:48pm]

"You always get the dream that you deserve, from what you value the most" -Prince 2013
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #309 posted 10/20/17 1:49pm

FlyOnTheWall

Mumio said:

FlyOnTheWall said:


I just hope that someone from the estate is reading this thread and will seriously consider the reports from the New York Times and Oregon Public Broadcasting.

[Edited 10/20/17 10:31am]


They won't do anything at all because they have already made a decision on how to proceed.

Not intending to offend at all, but I am not aware of one single person currently posting here on the org that is qualified in any way to make any determinations about what is being done with the vault contents and several who are qualified to speak have done so and say this is a good move. I believe them. People should be happy that maybe the vault music/videos/whatever are that much closer to release.

I get you on the consensus thing, because I am that way. I don't need validation from anyone, I'm good with my own decisions but am more than willing to hear from those who know more than I do.

Have a good night/weekend smile

[Edited 10/20/17 12:15pm]

I don't doubt that Iron Mountain is an industry leader. I know that the contents of The Vault need to be preserved and/or restored, digitized, and ultimately released. I have listened to not one, but two, Dave Hampton interviews since the news broke about the removal of the artifacts from Paisley Park. His comments were very thoughtful, measured, and based on his expertise as a sound engineer who has worked with Prince at Paisley Park. I get that. Moreover, I respect that. In fact, I agree with his perspective.

Having said all that, Dave Hampton never said that this work could only be done in California. Nor did the question of wildfires, earthquakes, and potential tsunamis in the state come up in those interviews...and I would wager that it was also not considered when Comerica and the estate were weighing their options.

Lastly, just because a decision has been made does not mean that it is immutable. Also, I think we all want the same thing: more Prince's music. All I'm saying is that I want this part of his life's work to be stored in the safest possible location. After all, if the artifacts are somehow destroyed, it will be lost forever, meaning no new releases. Ever.

I'd just like to end by posing a question. Someone said earlier, perhaps jokingly, that "the mountain is made of iron." But, I want to know what will happen to the iron if the Big One finally hits Cali and the said iron is stuck in the middle of the "Pacific Ring of Fire"? Would the iron melt?

Have a wonderful weekend as you (perhaps) ponder that thought. Peace. heart

[Edited 10/20/17 13:50pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #310 posted 10/20/17 1:57pm

FlyOnTheWall

leadline said:

rogifan said:

FlyOnTheWall said: OK well then I guess you better alert the Grammys and movie studios and sports teams who are all using this facility. wink


I am sure they are aware of the potential, but like you, and most other folks around, they are complacent to the possibility of the big one hitting in our lifetimes. Goes back to the whole reactive/proactive thing. Just because folks have heard people talking about it for years, and nothing has happened yet, doesn't mean the potential is gone. Yes, all the hollywood stuff will be gone too, and guess what, if the big one does happen, and Arizona is the new west coast, everyone will be cryin why the hell didnt we store this stuff somewhere else, or, at least have some redundancy in place.


The only thing that could destroy the music at paisley is a direct hit from a nuke, and if that happens, the rest of us wont have to worry about the next release anyway.


[Edited 10/20/17 13:48pm]

Thank you!! Someone earlier mentioned the possibility of a tornado in Minnesota. That is a legitimate concern, which leads me to the conclusion that P's artifacts should probably be housed underground in a new state of the art, fireproof, and climate-controlled facility...preferably in Minneapolis, but definitely not in California.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #311 posted 10/20/17 2:12pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

hmmm How to get a job at Iron Mountain... hmm

Don't believe what you hear
Don't believe what you see...
I know that the tide is turning 'round
So don't let the bastards grind you down!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #312 posted 10/20/17 2:22pm

leadline

FlyOnTheWall said:

leadline said:


I am sure they are aware of the potential, but like you, and most other folks around, they are complacent to the possibility of the big one hitting in our lifetimes. Goes back to the whole reactive/proactive thing. Just because folks have heard people talking about it for years, and nothing has happened yet, doesn't mean the potential is gone. Yes, all the hollywood stuff will be gone too, and guess what, if the big one does happen, and Arizona is the new west coast, everyone will be cryin why the hell didnt we store this stuff somewhere else, or, at least have some redundancy in place.


The only thing that could destroy the music at paisley is a direct hit from a nuke, and if that happens, the rest of us wont have to worry about the next release anyway.


[Edited 10/20/17 13:48pm]

Thank you!! Someone earlier mentioned the possibility of a tornado in Minnesota. That is a legitimate concern, which leads me to the conclusion that P's artifacts should probably be housed underground in a new state of the art, fireproof, and climate-controlled facility...preferably in Minneapolis, but definitely not in California.


The vault is tornado proof, fire proof and in the basement, Paisley could dissappear and the vault would still be there.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/princes-unheard-music-inside-the-paisley-park-vault-20160517

From the above article:

Tucked away in the basement of Paisley Park, the vault lived up to its name: Accessible by elevator, it was (and still is) a climate-controlled room hidden behind a steel door straight out a bank, complete with a time lock and large spinning handle.


http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/what-lies-beneath-paisley-park-hunting-for-princes-vault-759490

From the above article:

What emerges is there really is a vault in the basement beneath the Paisley Park studios. Sadly, Anzhar doesn’t get to see it himself, but he’s aware it’s “the size of an average British dining room,” and Rogers describes an actual bank vault door, “Tornado-proof, with a big wheel on it”.




[Edited 10/20/17 14:32pm]

"You always get the dream that you deserve, from what you value the most" -Prince 2013
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #313 posted 10/20/17 2:23pm

bonatoc

avatar

Mumio said:


eek lol

Have a good night/weekend. lol


I think I will add something like that to every post I make from now on smile


biggrin

The Colors R brighter, the Bond is much tighter
No Child's a failure
Until the Blue Sailboat sails him away from his dreams
Don't Ever Lose, Don't Ever Lose
Don't Ever Lose Your Dreams
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #314 posted 10/20/17 2:27pm

bonatoc

avatar

FlyOnTheWall said:


Someone said earlier, perhaps jokingly, that "the mountain is made of iron."


Aw come ON...

The Colors R brighter, the Bond is much tighter
No Child's a failure
Until the Blue Sailboat sails him away from his dreams
Don't Ever Lose, Don't Ever Lose
Don't Ever Lose Your Dreams
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #315 posted 10/20/17 2:54pm

Mumio

avatar

nelcp777 said:

Nothing is infallable. Safety precautions cannot protect from everything. Iron Mountain was first optioned by Comerica around August 2nd, according to the estate documents. After reading half and scannig through the other half of the documents, running the Estate is a monumental task. Between the recording contracts, licensing agreements, merchandising, and trademarks a lone, it is a beast.

The move of the masters from the Vault to Iron Mountain is not a personal move. It is a business move on behalf of Comerica. The have a due diligence to preserve assets and monetize the Estate. It seems they have done more in less than a year than Bremer.

Don't get me wrong, Bremer had their hands full with the initial onslaught of the Estate. Legalities alone was a nightmare.

As more time passes, I strongly believe that things will get smoother, more efficient and once the Estate is disolved and handed over to the heirs, it will be organized and functional.

How long that will take, that is the million dollar question.




Excellent recap of events nelcp777. Thank you! nod




Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #316 posted 10/20/17 2:57pm

214

leadline said:

rogifan said:

FlyOnTheWall said: OK well then I guess you better alert the Grammys and movie studios and sports teams who are all using this facility. wink


I am sure they are aware of the potential, but like you, and most other folks around, they are complacent to the possibility of the big one hitting in our lifetimes. Goes back to the whole reactive/proactive thing. Just because folks have heard people talking about it for years, and nothing has happened yet, doesn't mean the potential is gone. Yes, all the hollywood stuff will be gone too, and guess what, if the big one does happen, and Arizona is the new west coast, everyone will be cryin why the hell didnt we store this stuff somewhere else, or, at least have some redundancy in place.


The only thing that could destroy the music at paisley is a direct hit from a nuke, and if that happens, the rest of us wont have to worry about the next release anyway.


[Edited 10/20/17 13:48pm]

lol lol lol Don't give crazy ideas to Kin Jong Un please.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #317 posted 10/20/17 3:01pm

Mumio

avatar

leadline said:

I am sure they are aware of the potential, but like you, and most other folks around, they are complacent to the possibility of the big one hitting in our lifetimes. Goes back to the whole reactive/proactive thing. Just because folks have heard people talking about it for years, and nothing has happened yet, doesn't mean the potential is gone. Yes, all the hollywood stuff will be gone too, and guess what, if the big one does happen, and Arizona is the new west coast, everyone will be cryin why the hell didnt we store this stuff somewhere else, or, at least have some redundancy in place.


The only thing that could destroy the music at paisley is a direct hit from a nuke, and if that happens, the rest of us wont have to worry about the next release anyway.

[Edited 10/20/17 13:48pm]



Right. And it ALSO doesn't mean it will happen tomorrow, next week, next year. So please stop with the alarmist bullshit. There's way too much of that out there and there is NO reason for it. Whatever will happen is whatever will happen. We can not stop moving forward because of that.

Please stop with the alarmist bullshit. You are coming off as a troll.

[Edited 10/20/17 15:02pm]

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #318 posted 10/20/17 3:06pm

leadline

Mumio said:

leadline said:

I am sure they are aware of the potential, but like you, and most other folks around, they are complacent to the possibility of the big one hitting in our lifetimes. Goes back to the whole reactive/proactive thing. Just because folks have heard people talking about it for years, and nothing has happened yet, doesn't mean the potential is gone. Yes, all the hollywood stuff will be gone too, and guess what, if the big one does happen, and Arizona is the new west coast, everyone will be cryin why the hell didnt we store this stuff somewhere else, or, at least have some redundancy in place.


The only thing that could destroy the music at paisley is a direct hit from a nuke, and if that happens, the rest of us wont have to worry about the next release anyway.

[Edited 10/20/17 13:48pm]



Right. And it ALSO doesn't mean it will happen tomorrow, next week, next year. So please stop with the alarmist bullshit. There's way too much of that out there and there is NO reason for it. Whatever will happen is whatever will happen. We can not stop moving forward because of that.

Please stop with the alarmist bullshit. You are coming off as a troll.

[Edited 10/20/17 15:02pm]


LOL. If you read that alarmist...well.... then you are the alarmist. Never did I say it was inevitable, I only said complacency is not the answer, that the "POTENTIAL" always exists, that Paisley was indeed the safest place, and, when and if it happens, the stuff is in jeaprody.

Troll lol, smarten up lol. You are celarly the troll. Instead of trolling, you should go learn how to read. You are notorius for these BS posts here.


[Edited 10/20/17 15:13pm]

"You always get the dream that you deserve, from what you value the most" -Prince 2013
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #319 posted 10/20/17 3:07pm

Mumio

avatar

FlyOnTheWall said:

Mumio said:


They won't do anything at all because they have already made a decision on how to proceed.

Not intending to offend at all, but I am not aware of one single person currently posting here on the org that is qualified in any way to make any determinations about what is being done with the vault contents and several who are qualified to speak have done so and say this is a good move. I believe them. People should be happy that maybe the vault music/videos/whatever are that much closer to release.

I get you on the consensus thing, because I am that way. I don't need validation from anyone, I'm good with my own decisions but am more than willing to hear from those who know more than I do.

Have a good night/weekend smile

[Edited 10/20/17 12:15pm]

I don't doubt that Iron Mountain is an industry leader. I know that the contents of The Vault need to be preserved and/or restored, digitized, and ultimately released. I have listened to not one, but two, Dave Hampton interviews since the news broke about the removal of the artifacts from Paisley Park. His comments were very thoughtful, measured, and based on his expertise as a sound engineer who has worked with Prince at Paisley Park. I get that. Moreover, I respect that. In fact, I agree with his perspective.

Having said all that, Dave Hampton never said that this work could only be done in California. Nor did the question of wildfires, earthquakes, and potential tsunamis in the state come up in those interviews...and I would wager that it was also not considered when Comerica and the estate were weighing their options.

Lastly, just because a decision has been made does not mean that it is immutable. Also, I think we all want the same thing: more Prince's music. All I'm saying is that I want this part of his life's work to be stored in the safest possible location. After all, if the artifacts are somehow destroyed, it will be lost forever, meaning no new releases. Ever.

I'd just like to end by posing a question. Someone said earlier, perhaps jokingly, that "the mountain is made of iron." But, I want to know what will happen to the iron if the Big One finally hits Cali and the said iron is stuck in the middle of the "Pacific Ring of Fire"? Would the iron melt?

Have a wonderful weekend as you (perhaps) ponder that thought. Peace. heart

[Edited 10/20/17 13:50pm]



I will say this again: what will be will be. And if you don't recognize that as a response you'd hear from Prince re your concerns then I have nothing else to send your way. If you'd take a minute to really think about this, you know this is what he'd say to you about this. It's crystal clear.



[Edited 10/20/17 15:26pm]

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #320 posted 10/20/17 3:11pm

Mumio

avatar

214 said:

leadline said:


I am sure they are aware of the potential, but like you, and most other folks around, they are complacent to the possibility of the big one hitting in our lifetimes. Goes back to the whole reactive/proactive thing. Just because folks have heard people talking about it for years, and nothing has happened yet, doesn't mean the potential is gone. Yes, all the hollywood stuff will be gone too, and guess what, if the big one does happen, and Arizona is the new west coast, everyone will be cryin why the hell didnt we store this stuff somewhere else, or, at least have some redundancy in place.


The only thing that could destroy the music at paisley is a direct hit from a nuke, and if that happens, the rest of us wont have to worry about the next release anyway.


[Edited 10/20/17 13:48pm]

lol lol lol Don't give crazy ideas to Kin Jong Un please.



I am gonna throw this out there because it needs to be said: who said that this is the final resting place for Prince's music/vids? No one, that's who. We need to stop making assumptions based on what we are currently seeing happening. WE DON'T KNOW HOW THIS WILL ULTIMATELY PLAY OUT. Y'all are stressing yourselves out over shit you don't even know.





Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #321 posted 10/20/17 3:21pm

FlyOnTheWall

bonatoc said:

FlyOnTheWall said:


Someone said earlier, perhaps jokingly, that "the mountain is made of iron."


Aw come ON...

lol Just being overly cautious. It's sometimes hard to tell with dry wit and I try not to offend.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #322 posted 10/20/17 3:25pm

Mumio

avatar

leadline said:

Mumio said:



Right. And it ALSO doesn't mean it will happen tomorrow, next week, next year. So please stop with the alarmist bullshit. There's way too much of that out there and there is NO reason for it. Whatever will happen is whatever will happen. We can not stop moving forward because of that.

Please stop with the alarmist bullshit. You are coming off as a troll.

[Edited 10/20/17 15:02pm]


LOL. If you read that alarmist...well.... then you are the alarmist. Never did I say it was inevitable, I only said complacency is not the answer, that the "POTENTIAL" always exists, that Paisley was indeed the safest place, and, when and if it happens, the stuff is in jeaprody.

Troll lol, smarten up lol. You are celarly the troll. Instead of trolling, you should go learn how to read. You are notorius for these BS posts here.


[Edited 10/20/17 15:13pm]



Hahahahahaha. Okay Leadline, history as in looking at past posts will tell this truth. I am not an alarmist, have never been one, and I'm not known as one. Just because you don't like being called out doesn't mean whatever shit you start spouting is true. Just stop.


Whoops, almost forgot my dose of positivity: have a good night/weekend. lol



[Edited 10/20/17 16:25pm]

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #323 posted 10/20/17 4:49pm

rap

The safest place for the contents of The Vault is far away from the heirs!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #324 posted 10/20/17 6:13pm

Bodhitheblackd
og

rap said:

The safest place for the contents of The Vault is far away from the heirs!

yes

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #325 posted 10/22/17 3:40pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

avatar


YOU WANT THE MATERIAL IN THE SAFEST PLACE POSSIBLE.


PERIOD

[Edited 10/22/17 15:41pm]

Crooked Donnie. Lock him up!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #326 posted 10/22/17 6:10pm

Mumio

avatar

Thanks for replying Fly. I am not at all worried about this.

Take care.



FlyOnTheWall said:

Mumio said:


They won't do anything at all because they have already made a decision on how to proceed.

Not intending to offend at all, but I am not aware of one single person currently posting here on the org that is qualified in any way to make any determinations about what is being done with the vault contents and several who are qualified to speak have done so and say this is a good move. I believe them. People should be happy that maybe the vault music/videos/whatever are that much closer to release.

I get you on the consensus thing, because I am that way. I don't need validation from anyone, I'm good with my own decisions but am more than willing to hear from those who know more than I do.

Have a good night/weekend smile

[Edited 10/20/17 12:15pm]

I don't doubt that Iron Mountain is an industry leader. I know that the contents of The Vault need to be preserved and/or restored, digitized, and ultimately released. I have listened to not one, but two, Dave Hampton interviews since the news broke about the removal of the artifacts from Paisley Park. His comments were very thoughtful, measured, and based on his expertise as a sound engineer who has worked with Prince at Paisley Park. I get that. Moreover, I respect that. In fact, I agree with his perspective.

Having said all that, Dave Hampton never said that this work could only be done in California. Nor did the question of wildfires, earthquakes, and potential tsunamis in the state come up in those interviews...and I would wager that it was also not considered when Comerica and the estate were weighing their options.

Lastly, just because a decision has been made does not mean that it is immutable. Also, I think we all want the same thing: more Prince's music. All I'm saying is that I want this part of his life's work to be stored in the safest possible location. After all, if the artifacts are somehow destroyed, it will be lost forever, meaning no new releases. Ever.

I'd just like to end by posing a question. Someone said earlier, perhaps jokingly, that "the mountain is made of iron." But, I want to know what will happen to the iron if the Big One finally hits Cali and the said iron is stuck in the middle of the "Pacific Ring of Fire"? Would the iron melt?

Have a wonderful weekend as you (perhaps) ponder that thought. Peace. heart

[Edited 10/20/17 13:50pm]

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #327 posted 10/23/17 6:14am

nelcp777

Mumio said:

nelcp777 said:

Nothing is infallable. Safety precautions cannot protect from everything. Iron Mountain was first optioned by Comerica around August 2nd, according to the estate documents. After reading half and scannig through the other half of the documents, running the Estate is a monumental task. Between the recording contracts, licensing agreements, merchandising, and trademarks a lone, it is a beast.

The move of the masters from the Vault to Iron Mountain is not a personal move. It is a business move on behalf of Comerica. The have a due diligence to preserve assets and monetize the Estate. It seems they have done more in less than a year than Bremer.

Don't get me wrong, Bremer had their hands full with the initial onslaught of the Estate. Legalities alone was a nightmare.

As more time passes, I strongly believe that things will get smoother, more efficient and once the Estate is disolved and handed over to the heirs, it will be organized and functional.

How long that will take, that is the million dollar question.




Excellent recap of events nelcp777. Thank you! nod




My Pleasure! thumbs up! thumbs up! thumbs up!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #328 posted 10/23/17 6:25pm

morningsong

A nuke in Minni would wipe out the US, but an Earthquake strong enough to rip a state as big as Cali, which has been around since before the wooly mammoths walked the earth, from it's foundations falling into the ocean wouldn't seriously affect anybody but Cali. Yeah, okay. Most of us knew nothing about tsunamis until Dec, 2004. Think about it and get some prespective. If an earthquake that strong hit Cali taking into consideration we have one of the supervolcano in our backyard right on the fault line plus all that land mass falling into the ocean, trust ain't nobody going to be worrying about nothing except how to breathe if a massive one hit that seriously. You all need to stop with tragedy scenarios. Checks and Balances. No accidents while amatuers are trying to figure out what's what. I'm sure everybody has enough responsibilities at the moment besides worrying if the Vault door is locked tight, with the amount of people walking around that place, including all the various types of employees for various events and projects, accidents are bound to happen.

[Edited 10/23/17 18:30pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #329 posted 10/24/17 3:39pm

luvsexy4all

so now earthquakes is troubling the org today....?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 11 of 17 « First<789101112131415>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > The Vault Masters Have Been Moved to Iron Mountain in California