independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 22nd May 2017 8:30am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Purple Rain Deluxe Tracklist CONFIRMED by APPLE. [Plus - Electric Intercourse available to stream/buy]
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 7 of 33 « First<34567891011>Last »

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #180 posted 04/27/17 3:02pm

dance4me3121

Is the album available to pre order on Amazon yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #181 posted 04/27/17 3:03pm

imprimis

'The Beautiful Ones' is a vastly superior effort, although this would still be an acceptable album track (although not necessarily with respect to the completed Purple Rain album). The song is a little too 'busy'. It seems somewhere in the post-1999, pre-PR range in terms of the development of his sound.

.

[Edited 4/27/17 15:04pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #182 posted 04/27/17 3:05pm

E319

OnlyNDaUsa said:

to hear the 1.5 min sample click on store then go the the bottom and click change country and Japan is like 3 sub-lists below... then search "purple rain deluxe" and then look a little down mine was on the left and click that image to see the full list...

So i was 100% wrong! it sounds like a totally new recording.


Thanks for the excellent instructions that allowed me to hear the snippet from the U.S.


It sounded cool but different. Judging it just on the sample, it does sound unfinished and badly in need of a bass part to fill out the sound. I'm hoping that we also get the First Avenue Debut show with high quality audio so that we can have both the live version (which right now I prefer to the studio snippet) as well as the studio version.


Also prefer how Prince does the live version with the vocals in a lower register as opposed to the falsetto in the studio version... But those screams on the studio version were VINTAGE Purple Rain Era Prince.

[Edited 4/27/17 15:05pm]

[Edited 4/27/17 15:06pm]

Black day, stormy night/No love, no hope in sight...
Don't cry, he is coming/Don't die, without knowing...
The Cross.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #183 posted 04/27/17 3:06pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

SquirrelMeat said:

I'm interested in the sound quality. When I saw the track list, I had a feeling that the unreleased material may end up the same quality as Moonbeam Levels.

I put this down to the fact that the track listings read like a bootleg list, rather than how Prince might describe them. e.g., why does Electric Intercourse need "Studio Version" as a sub title, when its never been released?

And what are the chances that Computer Blue would be listed as 'hallway version' rather than 'long version', 'full version' or simply 'unreleased version'?

Hmmm...


Everything you said here... x 2. wink wink

"This is the kind of thread I show people when they say I' m a Prince nut. I just say nope, look here." - TheEnglishGent.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #184 posted 04/27/17 3:07pm

NewpowerScarfo

dance4me3121 said:

Is the album available to pre order on Amazon yet?

Nope.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #185 posted 04/27/17 3:08pm

Militant

avatar

moderator

Full version now available for stream on Spotify too (at least, in Holland - my girlfriend is Dutch and it's playing on her account, but not my UK account yet).

Interesting how different the vocal melody is to the live version.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #186 posted 04/27/17 3:08pm

thegamecock

avatar

imprimis said:

Quite apparently recorded entirely in the studio from scratch, and not a version that even partially retains the First Avenue live multitrack recording (unlike 'I Would Die 4 U'), and likely to have been recorded before that performance previewed the song.

[Edited 4/27/17 14:55pm]

I'm in agreement. It's odd the rest of the "new" songs unveiled that night were extremely close to the final product, with 2 songs pretty much being the final product. Also, I can't see this as ever being in the movie spot that The Beautiful Ones was, which is pretty accepted as true.

I think this is a very early/demo version, and I still think there is another version out there, probably a mastered version of the First Ave performance ala Purple Rain. THAT would have fit perfectly into the movie into The Beautiful Ones slot.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #187 posted 04/27/17 3:09pm

maceoparker007

NewpowerScarfo said:

dance4me3121 said:

Is the album available to pre order on Amazon yet?

Nope.

BUMMER...you cant beat CD quality. Screw compressed digital downloads!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #188 posted 04/27/17 3:12pm

FragileUnderto
w

avatar

SquirrelMeat said:

why does Electric Intercourse need "Studio Version" as a sub title, when its never been released?

And what are the chances that Computer Blue would be listed as 'hallway version' rather than 'long version', 'full version' or simply 'unreleased version'?

Hmmm...

Perhaps if they ever deside to release a live or rehersal version via dvd/cd in the future lol

Cant believe my purple psychedelic pimp slap pimp2

And I descend from grace, In arms of undertow
I will take my place, In the great below
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #189 posted 04/27/17 3:13pm

E319

FragileUndertow said:

Perhaps if they ever deside to release a live or rehersal version via dvd/cd in the future lol

Good point! Hopefully this means we will get the live version on cd too! pray

Black day, stormy night/No love, no hope in sight...
Don't cry, he is coming/Don't die, without knowing...
The Cross.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #190 posted 04/27/17 3:18pm

MIRvmn

I love the studio version of Electric Intercourse cool
Thunder, all through the night
Promise to see Jesus in the morning light
Take my hand, it'll be alright
C'mon save your soul tonight
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #191 posted 04/27/17 3:20pm

imprimis

thegamecock said:

imprimis said:

Quite apparently recorded entirely in the studio from scratch, and not a version that even partially retains the First Avenue live multitrack recording (unlike 'I Would Die 4 U'), and likely to have been recorded before that performance previewed the song.

[Edited 4/27/17 14:55pm]

I'm in agreement. It's odd the rest of the "new" songs unveiled that night were extremely close to the final product, with 2 songs pretty much being the final product. Also, I can't see this as ever being in the movie spot that The Beautiful Ones was, which is pretty accepted as true.

I think this is a very early/demo version, and I still think there is another version out there, probably a mastered version of the First Ave performance ala Purple Rain. THAT would have fit perfectly into the movie into The Beautiful Ones slot.

.

This is very 1983 Prince; its hasty production, and the drum programming both remind me of the 1982 'Lust U Always'. The final PR album accomplishes an emergent sound that makes some appreciable headway beyond these types of efforts.

.

I'd say the version here is essentially a completed track, although he may well have been in the process of cleaning up the First Avenue peformance for use in the film until he recorded the better suited 'The Beautiful Ones'.

.

It's [happenstantially] almost a proto-'Pretty Wild Girl' from the AC album.

.

[Edited 4/27/17 15:32pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #192 posted 04/27/17 3:22pm

AfricaCaptainC
runch

Polo1026 said:

Transformed1 said:

When looking at the Japan iTunes to (unsuccessfully) hear a snip of EI, I saw this...

https://itunes.apple.com/jp/album/live-at-syracuse-30-mar-85-remastered/id1178372340?l=en

Remastered Syracuse 1985 concert. Looks official. Is this new? First I heard of it.

Edit...

This too...

https://itunes.apple.com/jp/album/live-at-the-omni-atlanta-ga-usa-4-jan-1985-remastered/id1195883496?l=en

Cover art looks like its part of the Deluxe Purple Rain. I'm very sad if this means that there is no First Ave benefit concert debut of PR material (!!!)

[Edited 4/27/17 12:05pm]

Purple Patch records? Raspberry records? Nah fam.

The Syracuse show is the vhs release from years past. It was the only officially released PR tour show. Omni Atlanta has been available as an official audio soundboard. It might also be available as video unofficially but I'm unsure? If true, this is one of the two shows I feared they would include as the dvd concerts instead of the 83 1st Ave show which should absolutely be included since no less than 3 songs were recorded at that show for the PR album. Very disappointing but not unexpected.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #193 posted 04/27/17 3:27pm

love2thenines2
003

Xpertlover said:

The studio version of Electric Intercourse - absolutely amazing! Instant classic.

Astonishing...wonderful. ..marvelous classic Prince Trax. ...this Trax was waiting 4 us during more than 30 years....Prince is GOD. ..i'M in tears Girls and Boys of the purple underground!

Thanks Prince. ...what a Present !
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #194 posted 04/27/17 3:30pm

E319

AfricaCaptainCrunch said:

Polo1026 said:

Purple Patch records? Raspberry records? Nah fam.

The Syracuse show is the vhs release from years past. It was the only officially released PR tour show. Omni Atlanta has been available as an official audio soundboard. It might also be available as video unofficially but I'm unsure? If true, this is one of the two shows I feared they would include as the dvd concerts instead of the 83 1st Ave show which should absolutely be included since no less than 3 songs were recorded at that show for the PR album. Very disappointing but not unexpected.


If you click on the links and look at the release dates, you will see that these releases are bootlegs that were released long ago and have nothing to do with the Purple Rain Deluxe release.

Black day, stormy night/No love, no hope in sight...
Don't cry, he is coming/Don't die, without knowing...
The Cross.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #195 posted 04/27/17 3:34pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

digging the full version...

Action not allowed
I'm sorry, but this request cannot be completed because the member you are attempting to contact has requested that communications from you be blocked.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #196 posted 04/27/17 3:35pm

E319

After listening to the entire studio version of "Electric Intercourse" like 6 or 7 times in a row... It's beautiful. Different, but beautiful and amazing and classic Prince... Really happy that it will finally be released for all to enjoy and marvel at.... But I think I still prefer the live version. I think it's superior and hope we get that in pristine quality too.

Black day, stormy night/No love, no hope in sight...
Don't cry, he is coming/Don't die, without knowing...
The Cross.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #197 posted 04/27/17 3:46pm

SomeSoldier

I've read that it lacks a bit of bass and I agree, and the vocal arrangement is a bit bizarre (would have worked better sung in his lower register). But the piano at the beginning (and all throughout) is absolutely stunning. It reminds me of Lust U Always, Extraloveable and even If The Kid Can't Make U Come. It takes a bit of adjusting, but I really love this!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #198 posted 04/27/17 3:47pm

TheEnglishGent

avatar

Just listened through a couple of times, first time was weird, quite different to what we know from the live versions. Second time I got goose bumps listening to the details in his vocal, also I'm loving the piano and the ending is great. So many parallels here to the Beautiful Ones and I can see how that was the track which replaced this. The Beautiful Ones is definitely a more powerful track and works far better on the album than this would have, I can see why it was taken out.

And if this is any indication of the state of the vault tracks, in terms of the rumours of the tapes deteriorating then we don't seem to have much to worry about. This sounds great.

RIP sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #199 posted 04/27/17 3:48pm

RicoN

avatar

Fucking iTunes. I wouldn't touch it with a shitty stick.
Yes, I've probably made a spelling mistake, but I can't be arsed to go back and correc tit.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #200 posted 04/27/17 3:52pm

FunkyStrange

avatar

RicoN said:

Fucking iTunes. I wouldn't touch it with a shitty stick.

Same here, I had one encounter with that garbage program many many years ago and have never touched it since...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #201 posted 04/27/17 3:55pm

Revolution81

avatar

TheEnglishGent said:

Just listened through a couple of times, first time was weird, quite different to what we know from the live versions. Second time I got goose bumps listening to the details in his vocal, also I'm loving the piano and the ending is great. So many parallels here to the Beautiful Ones and I can see how that was the track which replaced this. The Beautiful Ones is definitely a more powerful track and works far better on the album than this would have, I can see why it was taken out.

And if this is any indication of the state of the vault tracks, in terms of the rumours of the tapes deteriorating then we don't seem to have much to worry about. This sounds great.


I don't think this is from the PP vaults. It has some similar tape artifacts as Moonbeam. I reckon this is from warners tapes, despite what they may say
[Edited 4/27/17 15:55pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #202 posted 04/27/17 3:55pm

Wolfie87

FunkyStrange said:

RicoN said:

Fucking iTunes. I wouldn't touch it with a shitty stick.

Same here, I had one encounter with that garbage program many many years ago and have never touched it since...

Same. I'm like "Apple, you had your spotlight eight years ago. What the fuck have you done for me lately!"

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #203 posted 04/27/17 3:56pm

SignOthetimes1
987

They don't have it in US iTunes yet.

Damn, curious.

EDIT: just saw the above post on how to access the Japanese store. Thanks.

[Edited 4/27/17 15:59pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #204 posted 04/27/17 3:57pm

IstenSzek

avatar

SignOthetimes1987 said:

They don't have it in US iTunes yet.

Damn, curious.

each country seems to get it on itunes at 11 MP april 27th. so just a bit more of a wait in the us i think.

and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #205 posted 04/27/17 3:58pm

FragileUnderto
w

avatar

Show of hands

wave

Listening to the studio version how many of you were expecting or wating for the extended screams that we hear on the First Ave recording?

You know which part in refering to lol

Cant believe my purple psychedelic pimp slap pimp2

And I descend from grace, In arms of undertow
I will take my place, In the great below
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #206 posted 04/27/17 3:59pm

JudasSmile

avatar

Wow. The studio version is beautiful.

U been bamboozled, hoodwinked, took.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #207 posted 04/27/17 3:59pm

TheEnglishGent

avatar

IstenSzek said:

SignOthetimes1987 said:

They don't have it in US iTunes yet.

Damn, curious.

each country seems to get it on itunes at 11 MP april 27th. so just a bit more of a wait in the us i think.

Not the UK. I'm wondering if it'll be midnight, which is 11pm GMT? Hanging on for a few minutes to buy it before going to bed cool. If it doesn't turn up in the next 5 minutes though I'm gonna have to pay for it in the morning.

RIP sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #208 posted 04/27/17 4:03pm

Crump

avatar

UK HAS IT eek

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #209 posted 04/27/17 4:06pm

RaspBerryGirlF
riend

avatar

Yeah just got released in the UK, listening now, pretty fucking incredible to finally get this, can't wait for the whole set, roll on June 23rd!

Heavenly wine and roses seems to whisper to me when you smile...
Always cry for love, never cry for pain...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 7 of 33 « First<34567891011>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Purple Rain Deluxe Tracklist CONFIRMED by APPLE. [Plus - Electric Intercourse available to stream/buy]