independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 25th Mar 2019 2:50pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > '4Ever' released as radio single in France
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 06/18/11 7:51am

Trashcat

avatar

'4Ever' released as radio single in France

'4Ever' from the 2009 Album Lotusflow3r is officially released as radio single today in France.

Source: http://musique.jeuxactu.c...3-7722.htm

Spotted @ PurpleKiss2.0

PS: Can someone maybe translate the article? Thanx in advance.

[Edited 6/18/11 7:52am]

Have a look at 'The W2A: Euro Tour Song Survey' http://prince.org/msg/12/362417
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 06/18/11 7:57am

Militant

avatar

moderator

Translation:

Prince: a single radio to save his Stade de France?(MP3)

Prince has just sent the title "4Ever" as his single to radio.This is his first official single for two years.The star of Minneapolis for many years has chosen to operate outside the media.

No interview or traditional distribution, or singles. Yet two weeks before the Stade de France (June 30, 2011) show, Prince is concerned he does not display complete?

The 80,000 seats will they be met? This would explain the single " 4Ever "can no longer be drawn from pop and radio LotusFlower.

Unless Prince is decided this summer to become the champion of the charts. 20Ten , the last studio album as of Prince , was not distributed in stores and was sold in France through the magazine Courrier International . What do you think of the new single?

It's a literal translation so doesn't all make sense but you get the gist of it. They are implying that it's to promote the Stade de France show. Which makes sense. But the implication that Prince won't fill out the venue is speculative unless they know how many tickets have been sold at this point.

Anyway, 4ever is a strange choice but it's cool. Wonder if they'll be any new mixes.

My cousin says the song reminds him of "Jack and Diane" lol.... similar chord progression.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 06/18/11 8:14am

eireboy34

Like this is soooooooooooooooo gonna make a difference to ticket sales..... disbelief

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 06/18/11 8:17am

armpit

avatar

eireboy34 said:

Like this is soooooooooooooooo gonna make a difference to ticket sales..... disbelief

It might, you just never know.

"I don't think you'd do well in captivity." - random person's comment to me the other day
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 06/18/11 8:41am

2020

avatar

Although I really like this song when most others hated it I do find it an odd choice to release as a single two years after the CD was released...but ya just never know with P
The greatest live performer of our times was is and always will be Prince.

Remember there is only one destination and that place is U
All of it. Everything. Is U.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 06/18/11 8:42am

eireboy34

disbelief

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 06/18/11 8:42am

Vict0r

Hopefully it's actually performed, preferably in a piano medley.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 06/18/11 8:46am

andykeen

avatar

Always ballads.....surely he would've learnt by now

Keenmeister
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 06/18/11 8:59am

TheDigitalGard
ener

An old song is being played on the radio to promote a gig, yet it's being called a single........only, it's not though....is it?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 06/18/11 9:20am

Militant

avatar

moderator

TheDigitalGardener said:

An old song is being played on the radio to promote a gig, yet it's being called a single........only, it's not though....is it?

If you pay a radio plugger to get mass radio play of a song that would otherwise be unknown outside of the fanbase that buys your albums, then yes... that's a single in this day and age.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 06/18/11 9:27am

TheDigitalGard
ener

Militant said:

TheDigitalGardener said:

An old song is being played on the radio to promote a gig, yet it's being called a single........only, it's not though....is it?

If you pay a radio plugger to get mass radio play of a song that would otherwise be unknown outside of the fanbase that buys your albums, then yes... that's a single in this day and age.

Ahh, I see. I guess when I learned that there was no physical release, I was like, well, how can that be a single?..hehe.

There may well be a promo cd available though. Maybe.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 06/18/11 9:38am

EyeJester7

Out of all of the songs on Lotusflow3r he chose 4Ever? I don't understand why he would use this as a single? Prince does this all the time..lol.

It's Button Therapy, Baby!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 06/18/11 9:42am

eireboy34

It really is getting worse.

As the date approaches I really do have the feeling the SDF idea is the worst ever.

Glad I'll be at Roger Waters at Bercy that evening.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 06/18/11 9:46am

BorisFishpaw

avatar

Bizarre and pointless choice for a single. If they were gonna pick anything, then it should've either been something from the most recent album 20TEN, or something new.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 06/18/11 9:54am

Trashcat

avatar

BorisFishpaw said:

Bizarre and pointless choice for a single. If they were gonna pick anything, then it should've either been something from the most recent album 20TEN, or something new.

That's the only positive thing about this news.....

Prince finally admits 20TEN really sucks.

Have a look at 'The W2A: Euro Tour Song Survey' http://prince.org/msg/12/362417
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 06/18/11 10:04am

linus4000

avatar

I always loved 4ever...great song...

Perhaps it will bring a little bit attention to his concert in Paris...

But only if some station are playing it;)

There is a lot of speculation about the ticket sales for the stade de france concert.

Some say 25000, some up to 40 000 tickets sold...nothing official.

It was a bad idea for him to do a stadium gig, imo.

Prince is not an act for big stadiums like that...

It seems he wanted to prove something again or taking a big risk again...

Thats the way he works..sometimes it works well, sometimes not...wink...

For me is not a flop at all, even if he only attracs 30 000 people...

But two or three sold out gigs at bercy would have been much fan friendly and considered as a success...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 06/18/11 10:25am

myloveis4ever

avatar

linus4000 said:

I always loved 4ever...great song...

Perhaps it will bring a little bit attention to his concert in Paris...

But only if some station are playing it;)

There is a lot of speculation about the ticket sales for the stade de france concert.

Some say 25000, some up to 40 000 tickets sold...nothing official.

It was a bad idea for him to do a stadium gig, imo.

Prince is not an act for big stadiums like that...

It seems he wanted to prove something again or taking a big risk again...

Thats the way he works..sometimes it works well, sometimes not...wink...

For me is not a flop at all, even if he only attracs 30 000 people...

But two or three sold out gigs at bercy would have been much fan friendly and considered as a success...

i like his risks........

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 06/18/11 10:50am

alandail

maybe ticket sales will bomb in europe so he will come back to the states and do a real tour. He can start in cleveland.

Customized apparel and gifts - http://www.inktastic.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 06/18/11 11:00am

Timmy84

Weird.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 06/18/11 11:05am

MIRvmn

avatar

this is just silly 2 release 2 year old song as single. He could have released Laydown instead cuz hes been playin that recently or some new song.
We are living in Orwell's 1984
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 06/18/11 11:14am

Vanity45

avatar

EyeJester7 said:

Out of all of the songs on Lotusflow3r he chose 4Ever? I don't understand why he would use this as a single? Prince does this all the time..lol.

Maybe he's doing it for a purpose...his own purpose. He might want someone 4-ever in his life and is going to propose to her in Paris...wink

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 06/18/11 11:44am

HonestMan13

avatar

"trollin, trollin we can have fun just trollin' bitching, moaning, oh yeah..."

"maybe U're just like those orgers, they're never satisfied..."

When eye go 2 a Prince concert or related event it's all heart up in the house but when eye log onto this site and the miasma of bitchiness is completely overwhelming!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 06/18/11 11:53am

paisleypark4

avatar

[img:$uid]http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb89/elusivekoolaid/Gifs/tumblr_li66wddTOh1qdlkgg.gif[/img:$uid]

sad

Download all the shit hop that you can for your kids, neices, nephews, and their friends also. That will prevent them from going out and buying it and will prevent some shit hop sales. Every little bit helps - Andy
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 06/18/11 11:56am

DennisMark

Vanity45 said:

EyeJester7 said:

Out of all of the songs on Lotusflow3r he chose 4Ever? I don't understand why he would use this as a single? Prince does this all the time..lol.

Maybe he's doing it for a purpose...his own purpose. He might want someone 4-ever in his life and is going to propose to her in Paris...wink

Or rather, he already proposed, and welcomed her to America, and now he is fetching her hosting a nice purple fest to celebrate and re- leasing this romantic song to set the atmosphere just right...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 06/18/11 12:04pm

peter430044

Bad choice to give to radio. A rather mediocre song that will probably make very little difference.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 06/18/11 12:29pm

errant

avatar

BorisFishpaw said:

Bizarre and pointless choice for a single. If they were gonna pick anything, then it should've either been something from the most recent album 20TEN, or something new.

Yes it's pointless, but there is some logic to it, if it's going to be done at all. 20TEN isn't available to purchase in France. LotusFlow3r is. Might as well promote the one that people can actually buy, if you're going to promote at all.

"does my cock look fat in these jeans?"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 06/18/11 12:37pm

purplecircleme
mber

If eye never get 2 hold ur hands

If eye never get 2 b ur man

That's ok cuz eye've got other plans

Right now, right now

If eye never get 2 kiss ur lips

If eye never get 2 feel ur hips

Close 2 me

That's ok eye ain't gonna trip

Not now no how

Cuz eye got 4ever

4ever

Eternity is just one kiss away

So they say

The opera, Jill Scott or the fair

Cyprus, if eye never get 2 take you swimming there

If you never know how much eye care

Eye swear

you know what

It's not fair, no

If eye never get 2 make you laugh

If we never get 2 take a bubble bath

see, Eye don't wanna part with you

Not 2night

If you gonna b a part of my past

Eye just want, Eye just want

listen

Eye just want 4ever

Eye just want 4ever

Eternity is just one kiss away

what you say?

4ever

So many things

We can do in the new world

Eye can b ur future Lover

U can b my future girl

If eye never get 2 c ur smile

Underneath the white veil

Walkin' up the aisle

Eye just might go crazy

Eye might go wild

so let me tell you, Baby

stop lookin at me like that

Unless you want me 2 bite that

4ever

hear what I'm talking about

4ever

Eternity is just one kiss away

what you say

4ever

4ever

A million 2morrows

Is better than one day

no, not to do it

4ever

no, I don't want to kiss your lips

'til I get to ump your hips

Mmmmmm! Thanks for this wonderful heartbeat of a response hug

Prince being the Life and Energy of the game can only play it

from where he is sincerely feeling it. Otherwise, his truth becomes undermined

and loses its essence of pureness. It can't be faked, misappropriated or disguised

by wily deception. That place of veracity exists only within the pureness of one's heart.

It is there where God truly resides! heart

4ever is a place reserved for Lovers who deeply want the magic to last for

an Almighty long time! love

4ver, My Love

4ver

4ever being not just for one night

but until our spirits from our bodies do take flight

and even then

even then, it will be all right

we'll still be kept within each other's sight

cos' we have got 4ever...

kisses

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 06/18/11 12:40pm

DennisMark

purplecirclemember said:

If eye never get 2 hold ur hands

If eye never get 2 b ur man

That's ok cuz eye've got other plans

Right now, right now

If eye never get 2 kiss ur lips

If eye never get 2 feel ur hips

Close 2 me

That's ok eye ain't gonna trip

Not now no how

Cuz eye got 4ever

4ever

Eternity is just one kiss away

So they say

The opera, Jill Scott or the fair

Cyprus, if eye never get 2 take you swimming there

If you never know how much eye care

Eye swear

you know what

It's not fair, no

If eye never get 2 make you laugh

If we never get 2 take a bubble bath

see, Eye don't wanna part with you

Not 2night

If you gonna b a part of my past

Eye just want, Eye just want

listen

Eye just want 4ever

Eye just want 4ever

Eternity is just one kiss away

what you say?

4ever

So many things

We can do in the new world

Eye can b ur future Lover

U can b my future girl

If eye never get 2 c ur smile

Underneath the white veil

Walkin' up the aisle

Eye just might go crazy

Eye might go wild

so let me tell you, Baby

stop lookin at me like that

Unless you want me 2 bite that

4ever

hear what I'm talking about

4ever

Eternity is just one kiss away

what you say

4ever

4ever

A million 2morrows

Is better than one day

no, not to do it

4ever

no, I don't want to kiss your lips

'til I get to ump your hips

Mmmmmm! Thanks for this wonderful heartbeat of a response hug

Prince being the Life and Energy of the game can only play it

from where he is sincerely feeling it. Otherwise, his truth becomes undermined

and loses its essence of pureness. It can't be faked, misappropriated or disguised

by wily deception. That place of veracity exists only within the pureness of one's heart.

It is there where God truly resides! heart

4ever is a place reserved for Lovers who deeply want the magic to last for

an Almighty long time! love

4ver, My Love

4ver

4ever being not just for one night

but until our spirits from our bodies do take flight

and even then

even then, it will be all right

we'll still be kept within each other's sight

cos' we have got 4ever...

kisses

4ever - an eternity of infinite always

heart

Lovers Love deeply in abundance.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 06/18/11 12:40pm

eireboy34

purplecirclemember said:

If eye never get 2 hold ur hands

If eye never get 2 b ur man

That's ok cuz eye've got other plans

Right now, right now

If eye never get 2 kiss ur lips

If eye never get 2 feel ur hips

Close 2 me

That's ok eye ain't gonna trip

Not now no how

Cuz eye got 4ever

4ever

Eternity is just one kiss away

So they say

The opera, Jill Scott or the fair

Cyprus, if eye never get 2 take you swimming there

If you never know how much eye care

Eye swear

you know what

It's not fair, no

If eye never get 2 make you laugh

If we never get 2 take a bubble bath

see, Eye don't wanna part with you

Not 2night

If you gonna b a part of my past

Eye just want, Eye just want

listen

Eye just want 4ever

Eye just want 4ever

Eternity is just one kiss away

what you say?

4ever

So many things

We can do in the new world

Eye can b ur future Lover

U can b my future girl

If eye never get 2 c ur smile

Underneath the white veil

Walkin' up the aisle

Eye just might go crazy

Eye might go wild

so let me tell you, Baby

stop lookin at me like that

Unless you want me 2 bite that

4ever

hear what I'm talking about

4ever

Eternity is just one kiss away

what you say

4ever

4ever

A million 2morrows

Is better than one day

no, not to do it

4ever

no, I don't want to kiss your lips

'til I get to ump your hips

Mmmmmm! Thanks for this wonderful heartbeat of a response hug

Prince being the Life and Energy of the game can only play it

from where he is sincerely feeling it. Otherwise, his truth becomes undermined

and loses its essence of pureness. It can't be faked, misappropriated or disguised

by wily deception. That place of veracity exists only within the pureness of one's heart.

It is there where God truly resides! heart

4ever is a place reserved for Lovers who deeply want the magic to last for

an Almighty long time! love

4ver, My Love

4ver

4ever being not just for one night

but until our spirits from our bodies do take flight

and even then

even then, it will be all right

we'll still be kept within each other's sight

cos' we have got 4ever...

kisses

JW???????

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 06/18/11 12:41pm

purplecircleme
mber

DennisMark said:

purplecirclemember said:

If eye never get 2 hold ur hands

If eye never get 2 b ur man

That's ok cuz eye've got other plans

Right now, right now

If eye never get 2 kiss ur lips

If eye never get 2 feel ur hips

Close 2 me

That's ok eye ain't gonna trip

Not now no how

Cuz eye got 4ever

4ever

Eternity is just one kiss away

So they say

The opera, Jill Scott or the fair

Cyprus, if eye never get 2 take you swimming there

If you never know how much eye care

Eye swear

you know what

It's not fair, no

If eye never get 2 make you laugh

If we never get 2 take a bubble bath

see, Eye don't wanna part with you

Not 2night

If you gonna b a part of my past

Eye just want, Eye just want

listen

Eye just want 4ever

Eye just want 4ever

Eternity is just one kiss away

what you say?

4ever

So many things

We can do in the new world

Eye can b ur future Lover

U can b my future girl

If eye never get 2 c ur smile

Underneath the white veil

Walkin' up the aisle

Eye just might go crazy

Eye might go wild

so let me tell you, Baby

stop lookin at me like that

Unless you want me 2 bite that

4ever

hear what I'm talking about

4ever

Eternity is just one kiss away

what you say

4ever

4ever

A million 2morrows

Is better than one day

no, not to do it

4ever

no, I don't want to kiss your lips

'til I get to ump your hips

Mmmmmm! Thanks for this wonderful heartbeat of a response hug

Prince being the Life and Energy of the game can only play it

from where he is sincerely feeling it. Otherwise, his truth becomes undermined

and loses its essence of pureness. It can't be faked, misappropriated or disguised

by wily deception. That place of veracity exists only within the pureness of one's heart.

It is there where God truly resides! heart

4ever is a place reserved for Lovers who deeply want the magic to last for

an Almighty long time! love

4ver, My Love

4ver

4ever being not just for one night

but until our spirits from our bodies do take flight

and even then

even then, it will be all right

we'll still be kept within each other's sight

cos' we have got 4ever...

kisses

4ever - an eternity of infinite always

heart

Lovers Love deeply in abundance.

And thank you, Wanjira, for respecting that!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > '4Ever' released as radio single in France