independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 14th Nov 2018 8:56pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > NEW STEVIE WONDER SINGLE (LINK) is that prince on guitar?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 4 1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 03/08/05 4:56pm

nine

NEW STEVIE WONDER SINGLE (LINK) is that prince on guitar?

http://boss.streamos.com/...o_edit.ram

do i hear ''prince, pop it!'' ?!?!
sounds like it.
enjoy.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 03/08/05 5:04pm

TheRealFiness

in a word.. NO



go rent fargo... prince is at the end
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 03/08/05 5:34pm

renfield

avatar

sure does sound like that's what he's sayin'.

and it kinda sounds like P's playing. Actually it sounds more like Levi Seacer.

and Stevie and Prince have been playin' together recently.

But is this really Stevie's new single? I don't think this is gonna result in any major kinda comeback. Whatever success it has, it's always nice to have Stevie around. cool
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 03/08/05 5:39pm

nine

renfield said:

sure does sound like that's what he's sayin'.

and it kinda sounds like P's playing. Actually it sounds more like Levi Seacer.

and Stevie and Prince have been playin' together recently.

But is this really Stevie's new single? I don't think this is gonna result in any major kinda comeback. Whatever success it has, it's always nice to have Stevie around. cool


yes, it is stevie's new single called ''so what the fuss''.
i didn't even know him and prince were playing lately?!? where/when was that?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 03/08/05 6:11pm

manray10

Prince is playing on this song!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 03/08/05 6:49pm

mzflash

nine said:

http://boss.streamos.com/real/universalmotown/motown/stevie_wonder/audio/01so_what_the_fuss_radio_edit.ram

do i hear ''prince, pop it!'' ?!?!
sounds like it.
enjoy.


yes it does say yes "Prince Pop It!"
rose rose Prince & Stevie dancing jig headbang flower
guitar sun
woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 03/08/05 6:49pm

manray10

mzflash said:

nine said:

http://boss.streamos.com/real/universalmotown/motown/stevie_wonder/audio/01so_what_the_fuss_radio_edit.ram

do i hear ''prince, pop it!'' ?!?!
sounds like it.
enjoy.


yes it does say yes "Prince Pop It!"
rose rose Prince & Stevie dancing jig headbang flower
guitar sun
woot!


EXACTLY!!!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 03/08/05 6:51pm

mzflash

manray10 said:

Prince is playing on this song!!

yes nod
rainbow nod rainbow
woot! dancing jig headbang
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 03/08/05 7:09pm

mzflash

Thank You Stevie and Prince music guitar
clapping dancing jig rainbow woot! rainbow highfive rainbow music headbang guitar sun headbang music rainbow highfive rainbowwoot! rainbow dancing jig clapping

nutty dancing jig rose
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 03/08/05 7:10pm

UncleGrandpa

He clearly says " Prince, pop it." and the guitar drops, so I have no reason to believe otherwise, IT'S PRINCE. Oh Hell Yeah, it's Funkay.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 03/08/05 7:22pm

gvnblkr

Am I the only one who can't play this thing?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 03/08/05 7:23pm

Doozer

avatar

TheRealFiness said:

in a word.. NO



go rent fargo... prince is at the end



Man, I missed you! lol
Check out The Mountains and the Sea, a Prince podcast by yours truly and my wife. More info at https://www.facebook.com/TMATSPodcast/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 03/08/05 7:27pm

mrdespues

real audio won't play it!!!

sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 03/08/05 7:31pm

CandaceS

avatar

UncleGrandpa said:

He clearly says " Prince, pop it." and the guitar drops, so I have no reason to believe otherwise, IT'S PRINCE. Oh Hell Yeah, it's Funkay.


nod Cosign, it sure sounds to me like that's what Stevie says! guitar So who is that saying "shame" and something else shortly after the guitar starts (and before Stevie starts singing the lyrics)?

If this IS him, this seems like a good sign...the last new (or at least previously unreleased) track we heard was "Glass Cutter," now this funky tune... wink cool
"I would say that Prince's top thirty percent is great. Of that thirty percent, I'll bet the public has heard twenty percent of it." - Susan Rogers, "Hunting for Prince's Vault", BBC, 2015
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 03/08/05 7:33pm

manray10

mrdespues said:

real audio won't play it!!!

sad



I'm playing it on Real Audio now!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 03/08/05 7:33pm

manray10

CandaceS said:[quote]

UncleGrandpa said:

He clearly says " Prince, pop it." and the guitar drops, so I have no reason to believe otherwise, IT'S PRINCE. Oh Hell Yeah, it's Funkay.


nod Cosign, it sure sounds to me like that's what Stevie says! guitar So who is that saying "shame" and something else shortly after the guitar starts (and before Stevie starts singing the lyrics)?

En Vogue!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 03/08/05 8:20pm

Snap

Yep, it's Prince. Femi's there too. Lyrics and music have Prince influence as well.

So WTFuss?! nod dancing jig
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 03/08/05 8:26pm

manray10

Snap said:[quote]Yep, it's Prince. Femi's there too.

Femi Jiya?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 03/08/05 8:29pm

UndercovaBroth
a

avatar

Oh, shit. That really is P!

Oh, thank you, Stevie!

hug
Ooh, little darlin' if you're
free 4 a couple of hours (Free 4 a couple of hours)
If U ain't busy 4 the next 7 years (Next 7 years)
Say, let's pretend we're married and go all night
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 03/08/05 8:32pm

Snap

manray10 said:[quote]

Snap said:

Yep, it's Prince. Femi's there too.

Femi Jiya?


nod Another clue that this is Prince.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 03/08/05 8:37pm

manray10

MY DREAM HAS COME TRUE!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 03/08/05 8:47pm

Snap

Kind of a fun title... I can see people singing along to this and telling each other... "So, what the fu...?! Ssss." Pretty cool social commentary as well. And with special guests, this song sure seems to have some potential.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 03/08/05 8:47pm

BobGeorge909

avatar

And I hope y'all notice that it's a Radio Edit. A lot more jamming probably happens.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 03/08/05 8:48pm

Serena

Snap said:[quote]

manray10 said:

Snap said:

Yep, it's Prince. Femi's there too.

Femi Jiya?


nod Another clue that this is Prince.


I can't get it to play..wahhh. How can you tell, is his name (Femi) said too or
you hear his voice?
[Edited 3/8/05 20:48pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 03/08/05 8:54pm

manray10

BobGeorge909 said:

And I hope y'all notice that it's a Radio Edit. A lot more jamming probably happens.



Yep!! My thoughts exactly!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 03/08/05 8:55pm

manray10

Serena said:

Snap said:



nod Another clue that this is Prince.


I can't get it to play..wahhh. How can you tell, is his name (Femi) said too or
you hear his voice?
[Edited 3/8/05 20:48pm]


Both!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 03/08/05 8:55pm

Snap

Yep, it's start off with "Femi? Femi!" Femi calls back, "Yeah? What?!" "Femi, put on my mic!" and Femi says, "Alright" -- the mic is tested, and then... "Prince, pop it!" Reminds me of some of those NPG Ahdio shows. biggrin
[Edited 3/8/05 20:56pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 03/08/05 9:05pm

Serena

Snap said:

Yep, it's start off with "Femi? Femi!" Femi calls back, "Yeah? What?!" "Femi, put on my mic!" and Femi says, "Alright" -- the mic is tested, and then... "Prince, pop it!" Reminds me of some of those NPG Ahdio shows. biggrin
[Edited 3/8/05 20:56pm]


Wow, cool, thanks! I keep getting a network error, don't know if it's just too busy or what. Is anyone else still having problems?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 03/08/05 9:09pm

TheBluePrince

avatar

Wow! My two favorite artist united. I'm speechless.








































BUT MY DAMN REAL PLAYER WONT PLAY IT! IF I DON'T HEAR THIS SONG, I'MA LOSE IT!!
Blue music
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 03/08/05 10:52pm

Serena

It finally came to me that I blocked Real Player in ZoneAlarm the other day cuz I was sick of it nagging at me. WOOHOOO, it's playing now!!

For those having probs, check your firewall.

btw...THANKS poster for the link!!
[Edited 3/8/05 22:54pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 4 1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > NEW STEVIE WONDER SINGLE (LINK) is that prince on guitar?