independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 26th Sep 2017 11:18am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Concerts > EUROPEAN TOUR CONFIRMED! Prince will be performing SOLO shows on his 'Prince spotlight: Piano and a Microphone' tour
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 32 123456789>Last »

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 11/09/15 2:18am

jasontate

avatar

EUROPEAN TOUR CONFIRMED! Prince will be performing SOLO shows on his 'Prince spotlight: Piano and a Microphone' tour

16 cities in 11 countries: UK (London, Liverpool, Birmingham, Glasgow). Also Holland, Switzerland, Italy, Germany, France, Austria, Belgium, Denmark and Spain.

Tour begins 21st Nov in Vienna, then 22nd Nov in Brussels. Dec 13th is Barcelona. More details to come!

I'm so excited about this. I have wanted Prince to do this in forever. I hope it really is as SOLO as this sounds. Just him and the piano is something I wasn't sure we'd ever get to see. This could be the best thing he's ever done cool

-----------------------------

Discussion on this topic continues here:

http://prince.org/msg/12/420221




  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 11/09/15 2:30am

egansmind

jasontate said:

16 cities in 11 countries: UK (London, Liverpool, Birmingham, Glasgow). Also Holland, Switzerland, Italy, Germany, France, Austria, Belgium, Denmark and Spain.

Tour begins 21st Nov in Vienna, then 22nd Nov in Brussels. Dec 13th is Barcelona. More details to come!

I'm so excited about this. I have wanted Prince to do this in forever. I hope it really is as SOLO as this sounds. Just him and the piano is something I wasn't sure we'd ever get to see. This could be the best thing he's ever done cool

This sounds fantastic!!!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 11/09/15 2:48am

MsBubbles

I'm so excited. I really hope it's just Prince and Piano. It would be the most amazing show.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 11/09/15 2:52am

Starlit

Is this really true ?!?

It does sound fantastic but I won't be able to go. sad (I'll be on holiday and nowhere near Europe when he's doing this tour.) I can't believe this : I have never missed a Prince concert in Belgium before. It makes me want to cry...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 11/09/15 2:54am

LouLou1981

Overly excited right now!! biggrin biggrin biggrin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 11/09/15 2:58am

jgreco7

avatar

U lucky Europeans! Looks like ur holidays just got brighter fro xmas
got Prince?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 11/09/15 2:59am

jgreco7

avatar

U lucky Europeans! Looks like ur holidays just got brighter fro xmas
got Prince?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 11/09/15 3:02am

Malloy

Source?? I cannot see this anywhere else online. Just because someone has written this on here does not make it fact.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 11/09/15 3:09am

banishedones66
6

Malloy said:

Source?? I cannot see this anywhere else online. Just because someone has written this on here does not make it fact.

New PRINCE Tour Announced! Prince Spotlight: Piano & A Microphone! See Tour Dates!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 11/09/15 3:11am

RobLondon67

Malloy said:

Source?? I cannot see this anywhere else online. Just because someone has written this on here does not make it fact.

It was broken by a spanish jounalist, qoutes from p on why a piano, all looks pretty official

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 11/09/15 3:17am

Angelsoncrack

avatar

YAY! I'm really happy about this. I'll probably be able to make it to the Liverpool show depending on the ticket prices. I seriously hope that the Liverpool date(s)?? don't clash with my Duran Duran concert at the end of this month.

I don't know if I'll have anyone to go with either haha, as I'm not sure if my bf will want to go see Prince again lol

✿Prince and lawsuits. Still a better love-story than Twilight. ✿

@Spoookyelectric ← Follow me on Twitter!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 11/09/15 3:18am

remko

avatar

Konzerthaus looks already busy at the 21st

https://konzerthaus.at/

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 11/09/15 3:18am

Malloy

Just seen this. Woah. GET IN!!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 11/09/15 3:18am

egansmind

It is all legit and this was why he had the journalists from these countries at Paisley Park to explain it.

A few of them have mentioend it on Twitter but are unable to reveal anything yet, Thursday apparently

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 11/09/15 3:18am

langebleu

avatar

moderator

ALT+PLS+RTN: Pure as a pane of ice. It's a gift.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 11/09/15 3:19am

egansmind

Angelsoncrack said:

YAY! I'm really happy about this. I'll probably be able to make it to the Liverpool show depending on the ticket prices. I seriously hope that the Liverpool date(s)?? don't clash with my Duran Duran concert at the end of this month.

I don't know if I'll have anyone to go with either haha, as I'm not sure if my bf will want to go see Prince again lol

Tell him you are coming with me, he will go then wink

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 11/09/15 3:20am

peachwish

avatar

Rumour

Liverpool this weekend http://www.gigslutz.co.uk...liverpool/

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 11/09/15 3:29am

langebleu

avatar

moderator

peachwish said:

Rumour

Liverpool this weekend http://www.gigslutz.co.uk...liverpool/

The link you are pointing to is from 8 February, 2014, referring to last year's first bout of shows:

http://www.gigslutz.co.uk.../page/244/


The first date of this tour is announced as 21 November in Vienna (so that would suggest this weekend looks less than likely).

ALT+PLS+RTN: Pure as a pane of ice. It's a gift.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 11/09/15 3:37am

fnksoul



That Liverpool article is an old one from the last Hit & Run's , read it properly smile

[Edited 11/9/15 3:38am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 11/09/15 3:42am

peachwish

avatar

fnksoul said:



That Liverpool article is an old one from the last Hit & Run's , read it properly smile

[Edited 11/9/15 3:38am]

Sorry my friend sent it to me so I assumed he just found it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 11/09/15 3:47am

TheEnglishGent

avatar

I just hope tickets are be sold in advance and none of that pay on the door chaos from last year.

RIP sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 11/09/15 3:54am

warning2all

Now, here's a Tour that needs a Live Album release after!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 11/09/15 3:56am

fnksoul

TheEnglishGent said:

I just hope tickets are be sold in advance and none of that pay on the door chaos from last year.




Hopefully, there seems to be a proper promoter behind these ones so maybe a little more organised.




  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 11/09/15 3:58am

Angelsoncrack

avatar

egansmind said:

Angelsoncrack said:

YAY! I'm really happy about this. I'll probably be able to make it to the Liverpool show depending on the ticket prices. I seriously hope that the Liverpool date(s)?? don't clash with my Duran Duran concert at the end of this month.

I don't know if I'll have anyone to go with either haha, as I'm not sure if my bf will want to go see Prince again lol

Tell him you are coming with me, he will go then wink

haha, yeah he just told me he can't come as it's christmas time and everything. I officially will be going on my billy tod :<

Kinda scary as I don't really know Liverpool but ah well I'll survive, it's for Prince lol.

✿Prince and lawsuits. Still a better love-story than Twilight. ✿

@Spoookyelectric ← Follow me on Twitter!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 11/09/15 3:59am

antonb

I'm presuming smallish venues and massive ticket price!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 11/09/15 3:59am

MIRvmn

warning2all said:

Now, here's a Tour that needs a Live Album release after!

That's true smile and there will be nice bootlegs cool
Thunder, all through the night
Promise to see Jesus in the morning light
Take my hand, it'll be alright
C'mon save your soul tonight
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 11/09/15 4:01am

fnksoul

Angelsoncrack said:

egansmind said:

Tell him you are coming with me, he will go then wink

haha, yeah he just told me he can't come as it's christmas time and everything. I officially will be going on my billy tod :<

Kinda scary as I don't really know Liverpool but ah well I'll survive, it's for Prince lol.



If I can get a ticket i'll probabaly be doing the same from Manchester, it's all good, I'm used to it now haha

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 11/09/15 4:04am

SquirrelMeat

avatar

Come to papa!! Is this going to be a 90 minute sampler set!?! Lol.
.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 11/09/15 4:05am

fnksoul

SquirrelMeat said:

Come to papa!! Is this going to be a 90 minute sampler set!?! Lol.

lol lol lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 11/09/15 4:06am

langebleu

avatar

moderator

antonb said:

I'm presuming smallish venues and massive ticket price!


For current confirmed planned dates, approximate capacity for possible venues appear to be:

Konzerthaus (Großer Saal), Vienna, Austria - 1,800

Gran Teatre del Liceu, Barcelona, Spain - 2,300

Cirque Royal, Brussels, Belgium - 3,500

EDIT N.B precise dates and venues might be subject to variation

ALT+PLS+RTN: Pure as a pane of ice. It's a gift.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 32 123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Concerts > EUROPEAN TOUR CONFIRMED! Prince will be performing SOLO shows on his 'Prince spotlight: Piano and a Microphone' tour