independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 19th Dec 2018 6:14am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Concerts > Amsterdam, May 25
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 9 123456789>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 05/03/14 11:24am

langebleu

avatar

moderator

Amsterdam, May 25

Thread for specific discussion of this concert:

Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam, The Netherlands

(General tour thread is here: http://prince.org/msg/12/407188)

ALT+PLS+RTN: Pure as a pane of ice. It's a gift.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 05/04/14 3:21am

remko

avatar

Some general info for the non dutch:

the venue: www.ziggodome.nl only in dutch, sorry.

you might wanna have a peek inside.

public transport in Amsterdam: gvb (travel to Bijlmer Arena)

trains: NS (travel to Bijlmer Arena).

food an drinks can be bought around the venue. from moderate to decent.

[Edited 5/4/14 3:23am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 05/04/14 6:00am

LittleMissStra
nge

I am going if I manage to get Golden Circle tickets, however I have never been to the Ziggo Dome arena before. Would arrive the day before in Amsterdam, wondering if two hours standing in line before the doors open to the venue is enough?

Was not easy to understand the official website to Ziggo Dome, all in dutch, thanks to remko for the info!

Better to take a taxi or train to get to the venue?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 05/04/14 7:58am

Trashcat

avatar

Fantastic new concert Arena, been there for Sting, Muse, Radiohead, Jeff Dunham and Jason Mraz

It's easy accessible by public transportation (train-/metrostation Amsterdam Bijlmer Arena).

Food and drinks are okay/good, but there's a coin system. There are also four bars inside the Arena.

I would take the train/metro if I were you wink

Have a look at 'The W2A: Euro Tour Song Survey' http://prince.org/msg/12/362417
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 05/04/14 11:38am

rafael

avatar

Trashcat said:

Fantastic new concert Arena, been there for Sting, Muse, Radiohead, Jeff Dunham and Jason Mraz


It's easy accessible by public transportation (train-/metrostation Amsterdam Bijlmer Arena).


Food and drinks are okay/good, but there's a coin system. There are also four bars inside the Arena.



I would take the train/metro if I were you wink




Visited several times. When u r NOT upfront you will not see anything. Seats are a disaster too. Pity Prince didnt book the Ahoy...Much better venue.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 05/04/14 12:14pm

MarcelS67

rafael said:

Trashcat said:

Fantastic new concert Arena, been there for Sting, Muse, Radiohead, Jeff Dunham and Jason Mraz

It's easy accessible by public transportation (train-/metrostation Amsterdam Bijlmer Arena).

Food and drinks are okay/good, but there's a coin system. There are also four bars inside the Arena.

I would take the train/metro if I were you wink

Visited several times. When u r NOT upfront you will not see anything. Seats are a disaster too. Pity Prince didnt book the Ahoy...Much better venue.

Seriously? so you think I should buy 'standing' tickets next tuesday?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 05/04/14 1:00pm

remko

avatar

MarcelS67 said:



rafael said:


Trashcat said:

Fantastic new concert Arena, been there for Sting, Muse, Radiohead, Jeff Dunham and Jason Mraz


It's easy accessible by public transportation (train-/metrostation Amsterdam Bijlmer Arena).


Food and drinks are okay/good, but there's a coin system. There are also four bars inside the Arena.



I would take the train/metro if I were you wink



Visited several times. When u r NOT upfront you will not see anything. Seats are a disaster too. Pity Prince didnt book the Ahoy...Much better venue.

Seriously? so you think I should buy 'standing' tickets next tuesday?



Half way up the seats, between the tow balconies, there is a vip area. Peoplde there are only there for themselves, not for the artist. They will keep talking because they want to hear themselves. Take your seats as low as possible to avoid disturbance! Your view will be ok.

No reason to take a taxi to the venue. Metro and train will work just fine.
[Edited 5/4/14 13:02pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 05/04/14 1:13pm

rafael

avatar

MarcelS67 said:

rafael said:

Trashcat said: Visited several times. When u r NOT upfront you will not see anything. Seats are a disaster too. Pity Prince didnt book the Ahoy...Much better venue.

Seriously? so you think I should buy 'standing' tickets next tuesday?

that s what i recommend..

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 05/04/14 6:37pm

dJJ

rafael said:

MarcelS67 said:

Seriously? so you think I should buy 'standing' tickets next tuesday?

that s what i recommend..


So, the standing tickets are not the golden circle?

That's good news.

Golden Circle is probably for the rich, casual concert visitors.

I want to be dancing and share my experience with people who are fans.

The times I ended up between the casuals, I had to overhear conversations like "oh, yeah, that's a great song, not very known, it's called "I know it snows in April".


I prefer to be at the front, dancing and being between purple hippies.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 05/05/14 2:52am

jagoda

avatar

dJJ said:

rafael said:

that s what i recommend..


So, the standing tickets are not the golden circle?

That's good news.

Golden Circle is probably for the rich, casual concert visitors.

I want to be dancing and share my experience with people who are fans.

The times I ended up between the casuals, I had to overhear conversations like "oh, yeah, that's a great song, not very known, it's called "I know it snows in April".


I prefer to be at the front, dancing and being between purple hippies.

If I understand correctly, golden circle tickets are standing tickets right in front of the stage. That's the best place for a Prince fan if you ask me.

A funk a day keeps the nose away.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 05/05/14 3:08am

remko

avatar

jagoda said:

dJJ said:


So, the standing tickets are not the golden circle?

That's good news.

Golden Circle is probably for the rich, casual concert visitors.

I want to be dancing and share my experience with people who are fans.

The times I ended up between the casuals, I had to overhear conversations like "oh, yeah, that's a great song, not very known, it's called "I know it snows in April".


I prefer to be at the front, dancing and being between purple hippies.

If I understand correctly, golden circle tickets are standing tickets right in front of the stage. That's the best place for a Prince fan if you ask me.

Jagoda is right:

http://www.ticketmaster.nl/event/prince-tickets/129935

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 05/05/14 5:13am

MarySharon

avatar

I saw "concert+hotel" combos on :

http://www.onlineticketshop.nl/prince-kaarten/ziggo-dome-amsterdam-106234?gclid=CLjboorelL4CFfShtAodsSIAZA

and on worldticketshop as well (but way too expensive!)

Does anyone know if, considering the high price, it includes a golden circle ticket? Or just a regular ticket?

Is there any place of refuge one can flee from this insanity
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 05/05/14 5:43am

rafael

avatar

Dont buy there. You never know wgat u buy. Scalpers site..


MarySharon said:

I saw don"concert+hotel" combos on :



http://www.onlineticketshop.nl/prince-kaarten/ziggo-dome-amsterdam-106234?gclid=CLjboorelL4CFfShtAodsSIAZA



and on worldticketshop as well (but way too expensive!)



Does anyone know if, considering the high price, it includes a golden circle ticket? Or just a regular ticket?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 05/05/14 6:14am

xLiberiangirl

avatar

the golden circle is just in front of the stage, a few thousand might fit in there, the floor holds 6000.

the seats aren't that bad imo, i've been to ziggo dome countless times already, i've been seated only 3 times, and all the 3 times i've had good seats and good view (first level is where i was these 3 times) the second level, isn't good, horrible sound and obviously not a good view.

on the floor i've been always upfront so i have no experience being further away from the stage

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 05/06/14 2:08am

remko

avatar

MarySharon said:

I saw "concert+hotel" combos on :

http://www.onlineticketshop.nl/prince-kaarten/ziggo-dome-amsterdam-106234?gclid=CLjboorelL4CFfShtAodsSIAZA

and on worldticketshop as well (but way too expensive!)

Does anyone know if, considering the high price, it includes a golden circle ticket? Or just a regular ticket?

considering the high price you do not know where you will end up. scalpers.

Just buy a ticket at the offical site and visit booking.com or the like.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 05/06/14 2:28am

dJJ

xLiberiangirl said:

the golden circle is just in front of the stage, a few thousand might fit in there, the floor holds 6000.

the seats aren't that bad imo, i've been to ziggo dome countless times already, i've been seated only 3 times, and all the 3 times i've had good seats and good view (first level is where i was these 3 times) the second level, isn't good, horrible sound and obviously not a good view.

on the floor i've been always upfront so i have no experience being further away from the stage



That often!

I haven't been there yet.

I know the HMH, but Ziggo Dome not yet.

Will see how it is then.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 05/06/14 2:29am

dJJ

jagoda said:

dJJ said:


So, the standing tickets are not the golden circle?

That's good news.

Golden Circle is probably for the rich, casual concert visitors.

I want to be dancing and share my experience with people who are fans.

The times I ended up between the casuals, I had to overhear conversations like "oh, yeah, that's a great song, not very known, it's called "I know it snows in April".


I prefer to be at the front, dancing and being between purple hippies.

If I understand correctly, golden circle tickets are standing tickets right in front of the stage. That's the best place for a Prince fan if you ask me.



Thanks, that solves it.

I'm going for the golden circle tickets. I def. want to be in front of the stage.

Indeed the best place for a Prince fan!

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 05/06/14 2:46am

dJJ

Sale starts in 15 minutes, and I'm already in waitinglist.

I hope I will manage to get tickets!

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 05/06/14 2:49am

jagoda

avatar

I'm in the queve now... Good luck everyone!

A funk a day keeps the nose away.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 05/06/14 3:06am

jagoda

avatar

Got them!! biggrin biggrin biggrin

A funk a day keeps the nose away.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 05/06/14 3:08am

dJJ

Sold Out, and I have no tickets!

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 05/06/14 3:09am

dJJ

I was logged on and ordering the tickets, then I got some stupid technical problem code.


And now the tickets are sold out!!!


Going bezurk overhere.



99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 05/06/14 3:10am

jagoda

avatar

I don't think all tickets are sold out already... It appears that there has been some error in the payment system. I'd say keep trying or call them to try to buy the tickets.

A funk a day keeps the nose away.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 05/06/14 3:10am

xLiberiangirl

avatar

got a message that i can't buy tickets. ffs! i was paying with my credit card and them boom, it said error.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 05/06/14 3:10am

dJJ

Well, if anybody has a spare Golden Circle Ticket, Please, orgnote me.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 05/06/14 3:12am

AzifWeKare

avatar

And Ticketmaster said BOOM within 5 minutes.... All we have to do is pay.

What happened with the Golden Circle ones? Gone in a sec????

- Azif WeKare -

"Is it really necessary 4 me 2 go out of the room just because U wanna undress?"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 05/06/14 3:13am

jagoda

avatar

Try again you guys, the tickets seem to be available again.

A funk a day keeps the nose away.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 05/06/14 3:14am

SuperHero

avatar

Tix are available again, no golden circle anymore

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 05/06/14 3:17am

LittleMissStra
nge

Site crashed, and I did not get golden circle tickets sad

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 05/06/14 3:25am

peer1973

took 10 years of my life, with errors and crashes

but just received the tickets in the mail....so i got them

section 110, row 3....should be the best section (with 103).

So i'm happy

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 9 123456789>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Concerts > Amsterdam, May 25