independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 23rd Sep 2018 1:10pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Concerts > Prince tour first stop London?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 7 1234567>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 11/22/13 2:59pm

Gee1973

Prince tour first stop London?

Short twitter 'interview' revealed 'First Stop London' when asked if there would be a full US tour. Let's hope it's true!

[Check www.drfunkenberry.com for all purple news - luv4u]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 11/22/13 3:38pm

tiadalma

avatar

so, what is the answer 2 the question of U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 11/23/13 12:18am

SmearMrTroof

avatar

3. Sixth stop Club Effenaar Eindhoven and cconsequently midnight snack in the morning at our place.
biggrin & fro
What do you mean it's not in the computer?

www.elephin.blogspot.com
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 11/23/13 4:19pm

thisisreece

Fingers crossed this is true and if it is true... that P doesn't change his mind.

Hundalasiliah!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 11/24/13 6:01pm

Behemoth

So I'm guessing that will be in London, Minnesota or in London, Ohio...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 11/25/13 3:17am

Gee1973

Having stopped in London, England to use rehearsal space after the European dates, I'm assuming (hoping) that was relevant.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 11/25/13 6:28pm

Behemoth

Behemoth said:

So I'm guessing that will be in London, Minnesota or in London, Ohio...

Seems I wasn't so far off....there's a New London in Connecticut!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 11/26/13 6:55am

Llanishenlad

avatar

To be honest if and when there is a UK gig, I would like to have at least 2 months notice for finance's sakes!! So Prince...!! wink

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 11/28/13 5:47am

egansmind

Llanishenlad said:

To be honest if and when there is a UK gig, I would like to have at least 2 months notice for finance's sakes!! So Prince...!! wink

if he wants to make some money he knows London is where it is at.

Off the back of a proper album release in January 2014 he could probably sell out the o2 Arena a couple of times all over again.

If he is going to go with that size of a venue of course

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 11/29/13 3:16am

dayzofwyld

egansmind said:

Llanishenlad said:

To be honest if and when there is a UK gig, I would like to have at least 2 months notice for finance's sakes!! So Prince...!! wink

if he wants to make some money he knows London is where it is at.

Off the back of a proper album release in January 2014 he could probably sell out the o2 Arena a couple of times all over again.

If he is going to go with that size of a venue of course

o2 = AEG..Michael Jackson...very vocal..doubt it will be AEG unless he is a hypocrite...oh hang on smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 12/05/13 1:24pm

eerieboy

Daaahlings haven't we heard this all before?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 12/13/13 10:16am

XxAxX

avatar

Queen Elizabeth

Anyone got an extra ticket for sale?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 12/14/13 11:16pm

CandaceS

avatar

^ razz lol

"I would say that Prince's top thirty percent is great. Of that thirty percent, I'll bet the public has heard twenty percent of it." - Susan Rogers, "Hunting for Prince's Vault", BBC, 2015
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 12/18/13 11:30am

Malloy

Come on already!!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 12/31/13 2:53am

naffi

avatar

An announcement must be close, from Twitter

@KIKITkiran: smile LONDON ARE YOU READY...? @3RDEYEGIRL #London http://t.co/f2QTqynzio
[Edited 12/31/13 2:53am]
You know you are in love, when you cannot fall asleep because your reality is finally better than your dreams - Dr Seuss
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 12/31/13 7:31am

dJJ

I wonder if London is the only place he'll visit............. omfg

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 12/31/13 8:06am

thisisreece

nod I am ready.

Hundalasiliah!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 12/31/13 8:24am

Lez

avatar

Tickets will go on sale between 4th and 11th Jan as I'm out of the country!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 01/01/14 8:25am

dJJ

So, he's only going to London??

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 01/01/14 12:54pm

Llanishenlad

avatar

Shiiiiit I'm in New York until the 11th....please be after please be after!!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 01/02/14 6:11am

mikeyaddict

avatar

dJJ said:

So, he's only going to London??



Probably but am praying it's an Americanism and England is being referred to as London. I remember seeing him at Parkhead in Glasgow and the screens being booed when they flashed up 'England Rocks'. A small uk tour hitting south, north, midlands and Scotland would be nice!
Comin str8 outta Preston...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 01/02/14 7:15am

dandan

Okay, now I'm super excited! I remember the huge thread around the time he was posting pics of the rehearsal space, I wasn't sleeping incase something was announced in the middle of the night lol

I got two sides... and they're both friends.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 01/03/14 4:46pm

Elvie

avatar

Has there been any confirmation of a London date yet? That's presuming it is happening? I'm in Cornwall, so kind of need to plan/save. I bet it's a small venue, didn't he say he wanted to do smaller gigs?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 01/03/14 11:09pm

rafael

avatar

Well when he plays the coming week ir is with 3 rd eye girl as Elisa dease has a solo gig nextfriday and liv warfield is in jimmy fallons show.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 01/04/14 1:08am

Llanishenlad

avatar

Well this puts a new spin on things:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3...le-2985598
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 01/04/14 1:15am

Gee1973

Llanishenlad said:

Well this puts a new spin on things:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3...le-2985598


I wouldn't read too much into that, particularly as the report is so inaccurate. His last performance "on British soil" was of course Hop Farm festival. Basically they've found the name of the PR firm and made up the rest.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 01/04/14 4:17am

mikeyaddict

avatar

Yeah. Seems like an article based on a tweet / text / email. Seems to be heading in the right direction but could turn out to be a big prick tease. A friend of mine knows promoters of gigs and that who say they've heard talk but until it's official I ain't buying it. Article doesn't seem to say who the info about it being a tour and of larger venues is from unless there's more to the 'everything is true' or whatever that they're not allowed to say. And when did that stop the mirror?

Fingers crossed and everything crossed! Including the streams.
Comin str8 outta Preston...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 01/04/14 4:26am

fnksoul

I have a guy called Stuart Watts on my facebook, he is the PR guy for Prince's Manager, He has been posting prince videos atleast 5 or 6 times a day for the past 4-5 months or so, something is coming, but he wont let on when anything is being announced, I wouldnt be suprised if it is another O2 residency, or maybe a smaller venue with a few dates.

Eitherway i'd say its a pretty safe bet he is coming!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 01/04/14 4:32am

egansmind

fnksoul said:

I have a guy called Stuart Watts on my facebook, he is the PR guy for Prince's Manager, He has been posting prince videos atleast 5 or 6 times a day for the past 4-5 months or so, something is coming, but he wont let on when anything is being announced, I wouldnt be suprised if it is another O2 residency, or maybe a smaller venue with a few dates.

Eitherway i'd say its a pretty safe bet he is coming!

I think Prince would want to maximise revenue if he come to the UK as part of a proper Tour.

I can see a number of gigs at the o2 with After Show Party's at o2 Indigo

He quite enjoyed doing this last time and everything is under 1 roof for him.

He plays to the masses in the arena and then does his own thing in the after show

Coming Soon ........

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 01/04/14 6:56am

PlanetEarth

.

[Edited 1/4/14 7:06am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 7 1234567>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Concerts > Prince tour first stop London?