independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 16th Jul 2019 5:47am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Michael Jackson new album
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 07/29/07 7:07pm

fluid

avatar

Michael Jackson new album

Michael is supposed to release a new album later this year. He's working with Hip Hop artists like Will I Am and 50 Cent.

There's a rumour going that a tour is coming. I don't know, do you think he will after Invincible. And even better will he tour The United States?
Working up a purple sweat.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 07/29/07 7:10pm

InsatiableCrea
m

avatar

theres no way in hell he's gonna tour the US. i dont think he has since the late 80s hmmm
I would let her pee on my face just to see where it came from. -Imago
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 07/29/07 8:36pm

bboy87

avatar

fluid said:

Michael is supposed to release a new album later this year. He's working with Hip Hop artists like Will I Am and 50 Cent.

There's a rumour going that a tour is coming. I don't know, do you think he will after Invincible. And even better will he tour The United States?

One thing's for sure, he's not working with Fiddy. He's recorded with Will I Am and possibly John Legend and Teddy Riley
"We may deify or demonize them but not ignore them. And we call them genius, because they are the people who change the world."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 07/29/07 8:37pm

waw2002

bboy87 said:

fluid said:

Michael is supposed to release a new album later this year. He's working with Hip Hop artists like Will I Am and 50 Cent.

There's a rumour going that a tour is coming. I don't know, do you think he will after Invincible. And even better will he tour The United States?

One thing's for sure, he's not working with Fiddy. He's recorded with Will I Am and possibly John Legend and Teddy Riley


I personally hope that those names are thrown around only for the publicity and that he doesn't try to sound "hip" this time around.
[Edited 7/29/07 20:37pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 07/29/07 11:08pm

ProgRocker

avatar

waw2002 said:

bboy87 said:


One thing's for sure, he's not working with Fiddy. He's recorded with Will I Am and possibly John Legend and Teddy Riley


I personally hope that those names are thrown around only for the publicity and that he doesn't try to sound "hip" this time around.
[Edited 7/29/07 20:37pm]


I agree somewhat, but I'd really like some current collaborations. John Legend, WillIAm, and Robin Thicke would be fine in my book. cool
"Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart." - Khalil Gibran
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 07/29/07 11:15pm

lazycrockett

avatar

I'm going to start making a fake track list!!

wink
The Most Important Thing In Life Is Sincerity....Once You Can Fake That, You Can Fake Anything.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 07/30/07 5:28am

SoulAlive

fluid said:

Michael is supposed to release a new album later this year. He's working with Hip Hop artists like Will I Am and 50 Cent.



There are also rumors that he's working with Chris Brown,Akon and Ne-Yo barf


http://en.wikipedia.org/w...2007_album


Throw this album in the garbage and do an Unplugged CD instead!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 07/30/07 5:31am

JackieBlue

avatar

'Michael Jackson' and 'new album' in the same sentence is almost laughable.
Been gone for a minute, now I'm back with the jump off
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 07/30/07 5:34am

SoulAlive

fluid said:

There's a rumour going that a tour is coming. I don't know, do you think he will after Invincible. And even better will he tour The United States?


falloff falloff falloff


Don't hold your breath waiting for this!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 07/30/07 6:00am

Ronnuz

I don't see why he would not tour the USA. He did on the BAD Tour, cancelled the Dangerous Tour part because of:


The tour was cut short due to Jackson's ailing health and the increasing allegations of child molestation. Which is the reason why many of his American fans were questioning why there were no concerts performed within the United States, as the tour was slated to conclude within various cities in the United States.


and did not go to the USA on the HIStory Tour because of the allegations in '93. He did two concerts in NY in 2001 so I don't see why he would not tour the USA smile
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 07/30/07 8:39am

CandaceS

avatar

lazycrockett said:

I'm going to start making a fake track list!!

wink


Bring it on!! biggrin


Your sig! eek lol
"I would say that Prince's top thirty percent is great. Of that thirty percent, I'll bet the public has heard twenty percent of it." - Susan Rogers, "Hunting for Prince's Vault", BBC, 2015
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 07/30/07 9:19am

JasonStar

I'd love to see Michael tour, but not the same, rehashed "Dangerous" and "HIStory" tour stuff. I'd like something like The Jacksons Live CD...Where Michael actually sang, and much more was focused on performance, and not robotic dance moves.

Either way though, Michael doing a concert would be a treat for me. Beggers can't be choosers.

I'd love to see Michael do a VH-1 Storytellers type of thing, where he performs his songs and explains each one, or talks a bit between them.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 07/30/07 9:23am

jn2

Yes it's called "Mirage".
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 07/30/07 10:39am

bboy87

avatar

SoulAlive said:

fluid said:

Michael is supposed to release a new album later this year. He's working with Hip Hop artists like Will I Am and 50 Cent.



There are also rumors that he's working with Chris Brown,Akon and Ne-Yo barf


http://en.wikipedia.org/w...2007_album


Throw this album in the garbage and do an Unplugged CD instead!!

Don't expect Chris Brown and definitely Akon after he gave Michael's number to some radio prank caller. Ne-Yo, I don't know.....
"We may deify or demonize them but not ignore them. And we call them genius, because they are the people who change the world."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 07/30/07 11:11am

FunkyBrotha

its unlikely we will see a mj album now.. its been far too long since the last one, he has kids, he wont tour, he's old, he cant come back with a dance/trendy record it wont work.

I really love mj but i have realised the prospect of new albums are very very slim.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 07/30/07 11:18am

seeingvoices12

avatar

Guys , don't take the names of new rumored collaborators on Mj's new album as the absolute Truth, some artists say that they are working on Mj;s new album to gain publicity and create buzz for themsleves , Nothing more nothing less....50 cent is the prime example, that happened alot during the recording of Invincible album sessions where majority of the collaborations proved to be false.
MICHAEL JACKSON
R.I.P
مايكل جاكسون للأبد
1958
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 07/30/07 11:43am

bboy87

avatar

FunkyBrotha said:

its unlikely we will see a mj album now.. its been far too long since the last one, he has kids, he wont tour, he's old, he cant come back with a dance/trendy record it wont work.

I really love mj but i have realised the prospect of new albums are very very slim.

For a MJ album, he usually releases an album every 4 to 6 years, MJ fans have it down to a formula.lol:
I don't see this album as a trendy album. Listening to the demos Will I Am was playing a couple of months back, It'll be more melodic.
But really, has he ever released a "trendy" album? lol
"We may deify or demonize them but not ignore them. And we call them genius, because they are the people who change the world."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 07/30/07 6:52pm

CandaceS

avatar

I remember, right after his trial, reading in this forum that he had an album already done and he was just looking for a label to release it. Here we are, years later, with yet another "new album soon!" rumor... yawn
"I would say that Prince's top thirty percent is great. Of that thirty percent, I'll bet the public has heard twenty percent of it." - Susan Rogers, "Hunting for Prince's Vault", BBC, 2015
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 07/30/07 7:47pm

thedoorkeeper

I doubt if he will tour - not with the liver problems he is having.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 07/30/07 8:26pm

Timmy84

CandaceS said:

I remember, right after his trial, reading in this forum that he had an album already done and he was just looking for a label to release it. Here we are, years later, with yet another "new album soon!" rumor... yawn


For real? confused Dang... I didn't know it was stated that he had an album ready, lol. Now I can understand why some fans get pissed. lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 07/30/07 9:09pm

fluid

avatar

Michael's History Tour did come to The US. He did 1 show in Hawaii. The reason he didn't do the rest was low record sales.

He shoudl do the US to prommote it. Since it's been so long and yes this could be his last tour. He should do a US finale for his long ingnored US fans. It's about 20 years since he did a US tour.
Working up a purple sweat.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 07/30/07 9:18pm

thedoorkeeper

fluid said:

He should do the US to prommote it.


At this point concert tours for established older
artists like MJ don't sell cds. Its more like news
of the cd promotes the tour by keeping his name in
the headlines. And touring is where the money is made.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 07/30/07 10:38pm

calldapplwonde
ry83

I don't think he will ever tour again. Release an album, yes, maybe an appearance here and there, but a tour? Not in this lifetime, IMO.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 07/31/07 2:14am

SoulAlive

jn2 said:

Yes it's called "Mirage".


hmmm
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 07/31/07 5:20am

JackieBlue

avatar

Honestly, I really don't understand why it seems to be so complicated for him. It seems that if other artists are able to go into the studio and record and have a pretty solid release date and actually deliver material on that date.

With Michael it’s years of rumors. A release season or month, not an actual date, that’s far too specific. At least three push backs, then finally a release and a bit of controversy or illness to follow that prevents him from fully promoting it. How can anybody truly get excited over whispers of a new album?
Been gone for a minute, now I'm back with the jump off
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 07/31/07 6:36am

pjh1972

We'll see Halley's Comet again before we see a new MJ album.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 07/31/07 6:44am

SoulAlive

JackieBlue said:

Honestly, I really don't understand why it seems to be so complicated for him. It seems that if other artists are able to go into the studio and record and have a pretty solid release date and actually deliver material on that date.

With Michael it’s years of rumors. A release season or month, not an actual date, that’s far too specific. At least three push backs, then finally a release and a bit of controversy or illness to follow that prevents him from fully promoting it. How can anybody truly get excited over whispers of a new album?


I know what you mean.How is that Madonna can go into the recording studio and in just a few months (not years),she has a new CD all ready to go? Her upcoming CD is due October 29....almost exactly two years since her last CD 'Confessions' was released.This goes back to what I said in another thread.Prince and Madonna are still INSPIRED by music and performing.This is their life and they couldn't just stop doing it.When you lose the drive to do it,it's probably time to retire.

boxed
[Edited 7/31/07 6:48am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 07/31/07 6:50am

MikeMatronik

SoulAlive said:

JackieBlue said:

Honestly, I really don't understand why it seems to be so complicated for him. It seems that if other artists are able to go into the studio and record and have a pretty solid release date and actually deliver material on that date.

With Michael it’s years of rumors. A release season or month, not an actual date, that’s far too specific. At least three push backs, then finally a release and a bit of controversy or illness to follow that prevents him from fully promoting it. How can anybody truly get excited over whispers of a new album?


I know what you mean.How is that Madonna can go into the recording studio and in just a few months (not years),she has a new CD all ready to go? Her upcoming CD is due October 29....almost exactly two years since her last CD 'Confessions' was released.This goes back to what I said in another thread.Prince and Madonna are still INSPIRED by music and performing.This is their life and they couldn't just stop doing it.When you lose the drive to do it,it's probably time to retire.

boxed
[Edited 7/31/07 6:48am]


My inner michael jacskon fan says:

I think makes takes so much time because he's a perfectionist
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 07/31/07 6:54am

SoulAlive

MikeMatronik said:

SoulAlive said:



I know what you mean.How is that Madonna can go into the recording studio and in just a few months (not years),she has a new CD all ready to go? Her upcoming CD is due October 29....almost exactly two years since her last CD 'Confessions' was released.This goes back to what I said in another thread.Prince and Madonna are still INSPIRED by music and performing.This is their life and they couldn't just stop doing it.When you lose the drive to do it,it's probably time to retire.

boxed



My inner michael jacskon fan says:

I think makes takes so much time because he's a perfectionist



'Invincible' was a perfect album? confuse

Seriously,it shouldn't take YEARS to make a new album.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 07/31/07 7:02am

MikeMatronik

SoulAlive said:

MikeMatronik said:



My inner michael jacskon fan says:

I think makes takes so much time because he's a perfectionist



'Invincible' was a perfect album? confuse

Seriously,it shouldn't take YEARS to make a new album.


Please don't naysay Invincible. 50% of it are excellent. For example "Whatever Happens" is one of the best songs MJ did in the last 10 years
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Michael Jackson new album