independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > D&P SDE with VAULT TRAX Part 1
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 29 <123456789>Last »

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 08/19/23 2:51am

MIRvmn1

avatar

Insatiable (Early Mix) is probably same as the one from D&P Beginnings and it's the best version imo so I'm glad it gets released. Hopefully there's least a few more songs with alternate versions of the album tracks.
U are now an official member of the New Power Generation
Welcome 2 The Dawn
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 08/19/23 4:26am

lustmealways

avatar

there's more than this. for instance, as others have said, standing at the altar is there for a 2023 release. my gut tells me that if they're releasing all p vocal versions of associated artist tracks, then we should be due for quite a lot? if there aren't 5 or 6 discs of vault stuff, i'll be disappointed.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 08/19/23 4:44am

LILpoundCAKE

avatar

lustmealways said:

there's more than this. for instance, as others have said, standing at the altar is there for a 2023 release. my gut tells me that if they're releasing all p vocal versions of associated artist tracks, then we should be due for quite a lot? if there aren't 5 or 6 discs of vault stuff, i'll be disappointed.


also, things like "Uh Huh", "Small Bright Light", "Gett Off's Cousin", "Do U Wanna Rock", "Stroke"
etc should logically be included on this set. Some of the Carmen songs date back to this period as
well, don't they?

a lot of stuff to pick from cool

May U Live 2 See The Release of Parade SDE
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 08/19/23 4:58am

love2thenines2
003

LILpoundCAKE said:

lustmealways said:

there's more than this. for instance, as others have said, standing at the altar is there for a 2023 release. my gut tells me that if they're releasing all p vocal versions of associated artist tracks, then we should be due for quite a lot? if there aren't 5 or 6 discs of vault stuff, i'll be disappointed.


also, things like "Uh Huh", "Small Bright Light", "Gett Off's Cousin", "Do U Wanna Rock", "Stroke"
etc should logically be included on this set. Some of the Carmen songs date back to this period as
well, don't they?

a lot of stuff to pick from cool

It seems there are no more data from PPL warner base about this recent new added data....i suspect that there will not be more songs from the sessions ?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 08/19/23 5:00am

lustmealways

avatar

love2thenines2003 said:

It seems there are no more data from PPL warner base about this recent new added data....i suspect that there will not be more songs from the sessions ?

Doubtful. Just looking up the "2023 remasters" that should be there, they're not there. ie: try looking up money don't matter - the 2023 release isn't listed. i think, for whatever reason, some stuff just isn't listed.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 08/19/23 5:01am

lustmealways

avatar

lustmealways said:

Doubtful. Just looking up the "2023 remasters" that should be there, they're not there. ie: try looking up money don't matter - the 2023 release isn't listed. i think, for whatever reason, some stuff just isn't listed.

this is the denial phase.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 08/19/23 5:03am

LILpoundCAKE

avatar

lustmealways said:

love2thenines2003 said:

It seems there are no more data from PPL warner base about this recent new added data....i suspect that there will not be more songs from the sessions ?

Doubtful. Just looking up the "2023 remasters" that should be there, they're not there. ie: try looking up money don't matter - the 2023 release isn't listed. i think, for whatever reason, some stuff just isn't listed.


Has anyone tried this same method to check for the tracks that were previewed at the celebration 23,
you know "The Rock That Keeps Rollin'" and "Della Blackheart" etc?

It's be interesting to see if they also have a 2023 date to them.

May U Live 2 See The Release of Parade SDE
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 08/19/23 5:10am

lustmealways

avatar

you guys already know i'm gonna be bumping diamonds and pearls on the ride to work this morning

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 08/19/23 5:21am

donovd

These two are also listed:

USRH12200085 Things Have Gotta Change (Tony M Rap) [2023 Remaster]

USRH12200093 Thunder (DJ Fade) [2023 Remaster]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 08/19/23 5:23am

fredmagnus

LILpoundCAKE said:



lustmealways said:


there's more than this. for instance, as others have said, standing at the altar is there for a 2023 release. my gut tells me that if they're releasing all p vocal versions of associated artist tracks, then we should be due for quite a lot? if there aren't 5 or 6 discs of vault stuff, i'll be disappointed.




also, things like "Uh Huh", "Small Bright Light", "Gett Off's Cousin", "Do U Wanna Rock", "Stroke"
etc should logically be included on this set. Some of the Carmen songs date back to this period as
well, don't they?

a lot of stuff to pick from cool



It's true that there's a lot missing. Also I wonder & Player. It would be really weird to not include them on the SDE.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 08/19/23 5:59am

LILpoundCAKE

avatar

wondering if "Alice Through The Looking Glass" could be a cover of this stevie nicks song,
that was released in 1989.



https://www.youtube.com/w...o0tLq_A-wc


smile

[Edited 8/19/23 6:04am]

May U Live 2 See The Release of Parade SDE
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 08/19/23 6:33am

fredmagnus

bizzie said:

Some have noticed that if you look at the source of this leak, the songs have IDs. And those are mostly sequential, but there are some gaps. Which suggests there could be more outtakes.


.



USRH12201988 Live 4 Love (Early Version)


.


USRH12201990 Skip To My You My Darling


.


USRH12201992 Daddy Pop (12" Mix)



.


1988 -> 1990 -> 1992


.



USRH12202001 The Last Dance (Bang Pow Zoom And The Whole Nine)


.


USRH12202003 Get Blue



.


Where is USRH12202002?


.



USRH12202006 Trouble


.


USRH12202023 Alice Through The Looking Glass



.


2006 -> 2023!


.



USRH12202023 Alice Through The Looking Glass


.


USRH12202025 Hey U



.


Where is USRH12202024?


.



USRH12202028 Thunder Ballet


.


USRH12202535 Standing at the Altar



.


2028 -> 2535! I don't think there are 500 missing tracks here.




Maybe it's because Standing At The Altar belongs to another set ??
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 08/19/23 7:50am

WhisperingDand
elions

avatar

ShellyMcG said:

Can we assume that Tip O My Tongue is the original Prince recording of the El Debarge song? Or is there a chance that it's a different song entirely?

yeah these all should be Prince OG versions of songs he "gave away" during the era:

lustmealways said:


Martika's Kitchen 4:21
Spirit 4:32
Open Book 4:59
Get Blue 4:43
Tip O' My Tongue 4:08
The Voice 4:42
Pain 5:57
My Tender Heart 5:06



  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 08/19/23 7:55am

WhisperingDand
elions

avatar

themanfromneptune said:

bizzie said:

.

Oh for fuck's sake, Originals was a one-off designed to fulfill the dumbass TIDAL contract. Hence the inclusion of the Martika track on that, even though it didn't fit: Jay-Z wanted it.

.

No, the Estate has always omitted to insert other demos of songs given to others in all the SDE products citing the exclusion for a possible Originals 2, so no, a plan for a continuation of the project in a certain period of management must have been there, even if only at the level of possible output.

Bingo. It was at least ruminated on with the old Estate if this new tracklist is any indication.

This one is chalk-full of "Originals" whereas 1999 SDE and SOTT SDE had none unless you count the Bonnie Rait demo, which had no Bonnie Rait official release.

In comparison this has 8 "originals" despite him having like 4x as many songs "given away" during those previous eras that intentionally included none.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 08/19/23 8:10am

ShellyMcG

WhisperingDandelions said:



ShellyMcG said:


Can we assume that Tip O My Tongue is the original Prince recording of the El Debarge song? Or is there a chance that it's a different song entirely?

yeah these all should be Prince OG versions of songs he "gave away" during the era:




lustmealways said:



Martika's Kitchen 4:21
Spirit 4:32
Open Book 4:59
Get Blue 4:43
Tip O' My Tongue 4:08
The Voice 4:42
Pain 5:57
My Tender Heart 5:06







Nice. Thanks for answering
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 08/19/23 8:16am

themanfromnept
une

WhisperingDandelions said:

themanfromneptune said:

.

No, the Estate has always omitted to insert other demos of songs given to others in all the SDE products citing the exclusion for a possible Originals 2, so no, a plan for a continuation of the project in a certain period of management must have been there, even if only at the level of possible output.

Bingo. It was at least ruminated on with the old Estate if this new tracklist is any indication.

This one is chalk-full of "Originals" whereas 1999 SDE and SOTT SDE had none unless you count the Bonnie Rait demo, which had no Bonnie Rait official release.

In comparison this has 8 "originals" despite him having like 4x as many songs "given away" during those previous eras that intentionally included none.

.

Yes, could be a clue that the "Original 2" is no more a active project.

I hope I Hear Your Voice could be in the SDE set... I really love that song.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 08/19/23 8:21am

lustmealways

avatar

That Insatiable early mix is one of the most overrated outtakes ever and the released version was the right call.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 08/19/23 8:43am

Ndorphinmachin
a

Overall it looks promising. Although personally I think "Schoolyard" could be omitted due to the content and fact it's not a good song. "Work that fat" could also be buried. It's not funky or funny.

I'm hoping some of the alternate takes/early versions are live in the studio like "International Lover". That was some truly mind blowing stuff.

There are some pretty glaring omissions, but I'm happy to see some songs I've never heard of. "Open Book" is an absolute gem. Rarely talked about but what a song! Great to have that in pristine quality.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 08/19/23 8:56am

olb99

avatar

fredmagnus said:

bizzie said:

Some have noticed that if you look at the source of this leak, the songs have IDs. And those are mostly sequential, but there are some gaps. Which suggests there could be more outtakes.

.

.

2028 -> 2535! I don't think there are 500 missing tracks here.

Maybe it's because Standing At The Altar belongs to another set ??

.

The "holes" in the identifier sequence don't necessarily mean anything.

.

I wrote some code to generate ISRC identifiers for a project (for a well-known music festival), many years ago, and "holes" can sometimes just mean that an incorrect entry has been deleted and that that particular identifier will never be used.

[Edited 8/19/23 9:35am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 08/19/23 9:17am

Kares

avatar

Ndorphinmachina said:

Overall it looks promising. Although personally I think "Schoolyard" could be omitted due to the content and fact it's not a good song. "Work that fat" could also be buried. It's not funky or funny. I'm hoping some of the alternate takes/early versions are live in the studio like "International Lover". That was some truly mind blowing stuff. There are some pretty glaring omissions, but I'm happy to see some songs I've never heard of. "Open Book" is an absolute gem. Rarely talked about but what a song! Great to have that in pristine quality.

.
I don't care about Schoolyard's lyrics, but I'm very much interested in hearing it in a good mix (the one we have is a poor draft) and hearing it all (we only have half of it). We know that with Prince, the musically really interesting bits often happen "after the song".
.
Open Book in pristine quality has always been one of my holy grails. Fingers crossed they don't mess it up somehow...

Friends don't let friends clap on 1 and 3.

The Paisley Park Vault spreadsheet: https://goo.gl/zzWHrU
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 08/19/23 10:55am

Ramzoo

avatar

So if those tracks are released, we could delete (if same length/version*) some songs from boots.
*
"Adonis And Bathsheba": I kept previous boot as there is one second extra intro.
If not mistaken "Wally" was different too. Did I miss something else?
[Edited 8/19/23 11:08am]
"Money won't buy U happiness but it'll pay 4 the search."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 08/19/23 10:59am

Landonfunkmonk
ey

Kares said:



Ndorphinmachina said:


Overall it looks promising. Although personally I think "Schoolyard" could be omitted due to the content and fact it's not a good song. "Work that fat" could also be buried. It's not funky or funny. I'm hoping some of the alternate takes/early versions are live in the studio like "International Lover". That was some truly mind blowing stuff. There are some pretty glaring omissions, but I'm happy to see some songs I've never heard of. "Open Book" is an absolute gem. Rarely talked about but what a song! Great to have that in pristine quality.

.
I don't care about Schoolyard's lyrics, but I'm very much interested in hearing it in a good mix (the one we have is a poor draft) and hearing it all (we only have half of it). We know that with Prince, the musically really interesting bits often happen "after the song".
.
Open Book in pristine quality has always been one of my holy grails. Fingers crossed they don't mess it up somehow...



I think the schoolyard we've heard is obviously an early version. This version is longer and I assume more fleshed out.

Probably a bit like the Version of horny Pony on beginnings vs the released version.
Something BIG Is Coming.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 08/19/23 12:21pm

ChocolateBox31
21

avatar

I guess this is one of the projects HEAD OF ESTATE Llondell is announcing this month.

"That mountain top situation is not really what it's all cracked up 2 B when eye was doing the Purple Rain tour eye had a lot of people who eye knew eye'll never c again @ the concerts.just screamin n places they thought they was suppose 2 scream."prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #53 posted 08/19/23 12:49pm

Landonfunkmonk
ey

Blood on The Sheets is the most Intriguing of the titles.

Alice Through The Looking Glass also. Is that a cover of Alice by Stevie Nicks, from Other Side Of The Mirror. It was previously reported as being called just Alice.

The Lyrics suggest it is.

Well I heard she flew down to the Mountain City
He said that's not what I heard I hear she went higher
She depended on her friends to tell her when to stop it
To make a statement this is me talking to you
Like Alice through the Looking Glass
She used to know who she was
Call out my name call out my name
But I get no answer she prays
Better run for your life cried the Mad Hatter
Alright said Alice I'm going back
To the other side of the mirror I'm going back
Oh no, you cannot tell a gypsy ooh, that she's no longer a member
Become a deadly weapon now along with everything else
Oh call my name
Like Alice through the Looking Glass
She used to know who she was
Call out my name like Alice through the Looking Glass
But I get no answer she used to know who she was
And she prays for the world that she comes from
Each had their own charm
Buried beneath a solid piece of armour or a steel plated vest
Some carry a stiletto in their garter along with everything else
That they carry oh, call my name
Like Alice through the Looking Glass
She used to know who she was
Call out my name like Alice through the Looking Glass
But I get no answer (she used to know who she was
And she prays for the world that she comes from
Alice! call my name
Oh run for your life said the Mad Hatter
Alright said Alice I'm going back to the other side of the mirror
This is me talking to you well this is me talking to ya
Alice Alice

[Edited 8/19/23 12:51pm]
[Edited 8/19/23 12:54pm]
Something BIG Is Coming.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #54 posted 08/19/23 12:54pm

LILpoundCAKE

avatar

Landonfunkmonkey said:

Blood on The Sheets is the most Intriguing of the titles. Alice Through The Looking Glass also. Is that a cover of Alice by Stevie Nicks, from Other Side Of The Mirror. It was previously reported as being called just Alice. [Edited 8/19/23 12:51pm]


that's what made me think of the stevie nicks song too, because that one is also
called just "Alice" but features the lyrics "Alice through the looking glass". nod

May U Live 2 See The Release of Parade SDE
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #55 posted 08/19/23 12:57pm

Landonfunkmonk
ey

LILpoundCAKE said:



Landonfunkmonkey said:


Blood on The Sheets is the most Intriguing of the titles. Alice Through The Looking Glass also. Is that a cover of Alice by Stevie Nicks, from Other Side Of The Mirror. It was previously reported as being called just Alice. [Edited 8/19/23 12:51pm]


that's what made me think of the stevie nicks song too, because that one is also
called just "Alice" but features the lyrics "Alice through the looking glass". nod



I really think it is. We know Prince was an admirer of Stevie's work and the time frame fits. Unless he wrote a new song inspired by it.

I really like the the Otherside of the Mirror.
Something BIG Is Coming.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #56 posted 08/19/23 1:41pm

dodger07

LILpoundCAKE said:



lustmealways said:


there's more than this. for instance, as others have said, standing at the altar is there for a 2023 release. my gut tells me that if they're releasing all p vocal versions of associated artist tracks, then we should be due for quite a lot? if there aren't 5 or 6 discs of vault stuff, i'll be disappointed.




also, things like "Uh Huh", "Small Bright Light", "Gett Off's Cousin", "Do U Wanna Rock", "Stroke"
etc should logically be included on this set. Some of the Carmen songs date back to this period as
well, don't they?

a lot of stuff to pick from cool



Yes, there’s a shit load of options.
I’ll be very happy to get Standing At The Alter, always loved it. Would also like the likes of Shhh and With This Tear.
.
A lot of it overlaps eras as we seen with previous SDE’s.
Laurianne, according to PV, is from 93 but I’ll still be happy to get a track with Sonny and Michael on.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #57 posted 08/19/23 1:56pm

love2thenines2
003

Diamonds and Pearls SDE dropping October 27 according to a reliable source > saw this on twitter

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #58 posted 08/19/23 2:10pm

Landonfunkmonk
ey

love2thenines2003 said:

Diamonds and Pearls SDE dropping October 27 according to a reliable source > saw this on twitter




I told you months ago SOMetHING BIG Tall Wall Was CoMInG.
Something BIG Is Coming.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #59 posted 08/19/23 2:13pm

erik319

avatar

ChocolateBox3121 said:

I guess this is one of the projects HEAD OF ESTATE Llondell is announcing this month.



Did you give him HEAD?
blah blah blah
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 29 <123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > D&P SDE with VAULT TRAX Part 1