independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > unusual actions by Jehovah Witness
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 3 of 9 <123456789>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #60 posted 05/07/19 4:20pm

muchtoofast

avatar

Krystalkisses said:

muchtoofast said:

I think he had unexpressed anger brought on by his disappointment with the JW’s, also he may have been angry he let his money quest (I think he was trying to make a buck off the renewed careers of Larry and Chaka) lead him down this religious path that went nowhere. Also keeping money from work that was supposed to be given to charity, he was resentful, figuring he himself had given plenty already to the JW charity. Poor guy didn’t have anyone to talk to, internalized the anger and started not taking care of himself, gave up a bit and got depressed, cue the vicious cycle.


That is a very interesting observation. I did read on the org after he died there were a few posters who were at concerts that were towards the end of his life and where he seemed very angry at something and almost rageful, and I remember one poster said just the little that he exhibited frightened them, I think the review was from a concert in Manchester or somewhere in England ...i never thought of that as in relation to the JWs but interesting...he must have been going through a lot...sad ...fame is so destructive...

I’d like to find those posts because this is very interesting to me also. Go all the way to Brooklyn, ask questions of the church big-wigs and get wishy washy answers had to have been maddening. Add less than a clear mind to anger, who can’t relate?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #61 posted 05/07/19 8:53pm

Krystalkisses

avatar

muchtoofast said:

Krystalkisses said:



That is a very interesting observation. I did read on the org after he died there were a few posters who were at concerts that were towards the end of his life and where he seemed very angry at something and almost rageful, and I remember one poster said just the little that he exhibited frightened them, I think the review was from a concert in Manchester or somewhere in England ...i never thought of that as in relation to the JWs but interesting...he must have been going through a lot...sad ...fame is so destructive...

I’d like to find those posts because this is very interesting to me also. Go all the way to Brooklyn, ask questions of the church big-wigs and get wishy washy answers had to have been maddening. Add less than a clear mind to anger, who can’t relate?


Oh absolutely. That could really leave just about anyone despondent and angry. I wish I could find that post/review again, I looked but no luck, and I do remember reading someone saying he looked seething with anger and really pissed off on here, from April 16th at that dance party...which stood out to me because I hadn't read that before in anything else so I was like...????...i was really surprised in Kim Berry's book where she wrote there was a time where he really was questioning his faith because he seemed so steadfast and assured in any interview I read or saw regarding his beliefs.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #62 posted 05/07/19 9:24pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

WeDaBest said:

violetcrush said:

Strive said: That is probably because Prince always had one foot in his old social habits - parties, women, etc), and Larry seems to lead a quiet life as a married man. I think the difference in age was a factor too. However, connecting through faith and music is a fairly strong connection. Watching them in interviews and the way Prince would praise him - even having him stand up while accepting an award to show his love for him was quite significant. * If it’s true that Kirk called Larry to help Prince, Prince may not have wanted Larry to know about the pain med addiction - probably because of both his pride and the JW faith.

I actually think Kirk called Larry because he did know what was going on with Prince. I never bought any of what Larry told the investigators - or rather what he didn't tell investigators. It's interesting that Kirk was trying to get Prince to do blood work the next day and had to call Larry to speak to him beforehand.



If you recall Larry told the detective he didnt know anything about nothing but then after talking to his wife in the kitchen, Larry came back and told the detective that Kirk told him Prince OD on the plane. Yes, Larry wasnt exactly forthcoming with the detectives.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #63 posted 05/08/19 1:53am

muchtoofast

avatar

Krystalkisses said:

muchtoofast said:


I’d like to find those posts because this is very interesting to me also. Go all the way to Brooklyn, ask questions of the church big-wigs and get wishy washy answers had to have been maddening. Add less than a clear mind to anger, who can’t relate?


Oh absolutely. That could really leave just about anyone despondent and angry. I wish I could find that post/review again, I looked but no luck, and I do remember reading someone saying he looked seething with anger and really pissed off on here, from April 16th at that dance party...which stood out to me because I hadn't read that before in anything else so I was like...????...i was really surprised in Kim Berry's book where she wrote there was a time where he really was questioning his faith because he seemed so steadfast and assured in any interview I read or saw regarding his beliefs.

http://prince.org/msg/7/381199
I found this, not what you are talking about but rather funny stuff, a better way to remember him.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #64 posted 05/08/19 2:23am

OperatingTheta
n

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:



WeDaBest said:




violetcrush said:


Strive said: That is probably because Prince always had one foot in his old social habits - parties, women, etc), and Larry seems to lead a quiet life as a married man. I think the difference in age was a factor too. However, connecting through faith and music is a fairly strong connection. Watching them in interviews and the way Prince would praise him - even having him stand up while accepting an award to show his love for him was quite significant. * If it’s true that Kirk called Larry to help Prince, Prince may not have wanted Larry to know about the pain med addiction - probably because of both his pride and the JW faith.

I actually think Kirk called Larry because he did know what was going on with Prince. I never bought any of what Larry told the investigators - or rather what he didn't tell investigators. It's interesting that Kirk was trying to get Prince to do blood work the next day and had to call Larry to speak to him beforehand.





If you recall Larry told the detective he didnt know anything about nothing but then after talking to his wife in the kitchen, Larry came back and told the detective that Kirk told him Prince OD on the plane. Yes, Larry wasnt exactly forthcoming with the detectives.



Larry may have simply been trying to protect Prince's privacy and reputation. At the time of Larry's interview, the full extent of Prince's situation with pain relief was not publically known.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #65 posted 05/08/19 3:18am

Vannormal

avatar

DarkKnight1 said:

Quick update. All religions and all those that follow are subject to varying levels of hypocrisy and selective ethics. ALL.

-

Couldn't agree more.

-

But I'm affraid this whole thread will be bashed by (the other purple) believers. Beware. wink

-

I said it quite often, religion should be a private matter, just like your sexual orientation.

You can sing about it, I don't care. but don't sell it as the only truth, blah blah.

Simply because it is not important as such. Because of the understanding of those who believe (in whatever) should also understand that life as such itself is essential, and all religions are side issues. No Matter what. Religion should never be a starting point in any general conversation or encounter. Period. It's all a matter of courtesy and sane understanding.

-

But if you choose to brag about it or wave it around; expect a counter effect.

And be as courteaous as possible in the understanding that it's best to agree to disagree.

I don't bash believers anymore, I try to put myself above that (in mutual respect of course).

I prefer to behave indifferent when conversation gets lost (again), which leaves them quite lost and actually very 'alone', the way it should be.

-

"...no matter what, all will be fine, always."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #66 posted 05/08/19 8:18am

violetcrush

Vannormal said:



DarkKnight1 said:


Quick update. All religions and all those that follow are subject to varying levels of hypocrisy and selective ethics. ALL.



-


Couldn't agree more.


-


But I'm affraid this whole thread will be bashed by (the other purple) believers. Beware. wink


-


I said it quite often, religion should be a private matter, just like your sexual orientation.


You can sing about it, I don't care. but don't sell it as the only truth, blah blah.


Simply because it is not important as such. Because of the understanding of those who believe (in whatever) should also understand that life as such itself is essential, and all religions are side issues. No Matter what. Religion should never be a starting point in any general conversation or encounter. Period. It's all a matter of courtesy and sane understanding.


-


But if you choose to brag about it or wave it around; expect a counter effect.


And be as courteaous as possible in the understanding that it's best to agree to disagree.


I don't bash believers anymore, I try to put myself above that (in mutual respect of course).


I prefer to behave indifferent when conversation gets lost (again), which leaves them quite lost and actually very 'alone', the way it should be.


-



Very well said Vannormal. I completely agree. There are too many differing religions and varying beliefs to argue or push one over the other. There is a reason the term “faith” is used, and it’s because we have no concrete evidence that one specific belief is in fact the “right” one. They were created during different time periods by people/groups in different cultures. Most began to provide hope and to foster a belief in what happens when we leave this world.
*
Unfortunately, pushing and/or forcing religious beliefs on to others has always been a problem both by individuals, groups and leaders. Thus will never change.
*
This is the biggest issue with many organized religious groups, especially one like JW. Their agenda is to use members to push others to join. This is why Prince became so vocal during his shows - preaching to his audience, and having debates with his friends/associates lasting several hours.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #67 posted 05/08/19 9:45am

Krystalkisses

avatar

I am really curious what led Prince to exploring the 3rd eye concept, astro travel, ECT....i think it's really fascinating and I'm interested in his journey of how he began exploring that. Kim Berry said on social media this week that he studied everything yet at the end he always ended back up at Christ. Obviously, from his work at the end he was exploring..
[Edited 5/8/19 9:47am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #68 posted 05/08/19 11:49am

embmmusic

avatar

Vannormal said:

DarkKnight1 said:

Quick update. All religions and all those that follow are subject to varying levels of hypocrisy and selective ethics. ALL.

-

Couldn't agree more.

-

But I'm affraid this whole thread will be bashed by (the other purple) believers. Beware. wink

-

I said it quite often, religion should be a private matter, just like your sexual orientation.

You can sing about it, I don't care. but don't sell it as the only truth, blah blah.

Simply because it is not important as such. Because of the understanding of those who believe (in whatever) should also understand that life as such itself is essential, and all religions are side issues. No Matter what. Religion should never be a starting point in any general conversation or encounter. Period. It's all a matter of courtesy and sane understanding.

-

But if you choose to brag about it or wave it around; expect a counter effect.

And be as courteaous as possible in the understanding that it's best to agree to disagree.

I don't bash believers anymore, I try to put myself above that (in mutual respect of course).

I prefer to behave indifferent when conversation gets lost (again), which leaves them quite lost and actually very 'alone', the way it should be.

-

I agree regarding religion, but why do you equate that with sexual orientation? Your belief system is very different to who you are attracted to.

Check out The Collector's Guide to Prince on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/p...4ldzxwlEuy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #69 posted 05/08/19 4:48pm

Strive

I don't get that mindset.

It says in the bible to spread the good news but followers are suppose to just keep it to themselves?
If you found something that changed your life, you aren't suppose to help others who are lost in the dark?
Because there's multiple religions, that means that none of them are valid?

The reason we exist is a side issue that shouldn't be discussed as a matter of courtesy?

Imagine being that selfish and uncaring of others. lol




Krystalkisses said:

I am really curious what led Prince to exploring the 3rd eye concept, astro travel, ECT....i think it's really fascinating and I'm interested in his journey of how he began exploring that. Kim Berry said on social media this week that he studied everything yet at the end he always ended back up at Christ. Obviously, from his work at the end he was exploring..

It seemed like he picked up everything and held onto the pieces he liked. The 3rd eye and eastern stuff seems to have come before the JW stuff. He was still talking conspiracy stuff that George Clinton introduced him to in 92 and concepts from The Matrix.

There are frequent, sometimes tricky-to-follow digressions: He seems to have branched out from his study of the Bible, which began in earnest when he became a Jehovah’s Witness under the tutelage of bassist Larry Graham. “It’s just all expanded,” he says. “Anything I believed then, I believe even more now – it’s just expanded.” While still deeply Christian, he’s also spent time studying what appears to be an Afro-centric interpretation of history, along with the physics of sound, some Eastern ideas (chakras are “science,” he says) and a selection of unabashed conspiracy theories. He has thoughts on the JFK assassination (“The car slows down – why doesn’t it speed up?”); AIDS (“It’s rising in some communities, and it’s not rising in others – any primate could figure out why”); and the airplane trails known in some circles as chemtrails (“Think about where they appear, why they appear, how often and what particular times of the year”).

[...]

He wants to prove that 3rdEyeGirl can activate my chakras, so he seats me on a stool onstage, no more than three feet away from him. He picks up a custom Vox guitar – the brand some of James Brown’s guitarists played. “You’re gonna start vibrating in a second,” he tells me, and kicks the band into the fiery Seventies fusion instrumental “Stratus,” tearing through solos that arc endlessly upward. He warned of goose bumps, and delivers.

[...]

He tries to explain why he can imagine playing into old age, with a dizzying detour into mysticism via the Wachowskis. “Life spans are getting longer,” he says. “One of the reasons is because people are learning more about everything, so then the brain makes more connections. Eventually, we’ll be in eternal brain mode because we’ll be able to hold eternity in our minds. A lot of people can’t do that. If you can’t think all the way back eternally, you can’t think all the way forward eternally. Everybody usually thinks about a beginning, a big bang. If you take that event out, then you can start to see what eternity is. Remember in The Matrix where they said the only thing that has an ending had a beginning, and vice versa?”

https://www.rollingstone....ory-61472/

[Edited 5/8/19 16:59pm]

"When you deny people the option to not pick a side, you may not like the side they'll pick."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #70 posted 05/09/19 10:35am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

growing his hair out long again

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
if you ever try the lotus position
Try it while you're being strangled
Do U understand what I'm saying?

#IDEFINEME
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #71 posted 05/09/19 12:42pm

Mumio

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:

growing his hair out long again



My favorite!!!! nod

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #72 posted 05/09/19 1:47pm

funkycat00

avatar

violetcrush said:

Along with all of the "preaching" he did while performing from the late 90's through the early 2000's, to me the worst thing was changing many of his lyrics to avoid any profane language. I cringed when he played DMSR..."work that body like you want some more??" Uh hrmph



"Spirituality" instead of "Sexuality" was the worst barf
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #73 posted 05/09/19 4:34pm

violetcrush

funkycat00 said:

violetcrush said:

Along with all of the "preaching" he did while performing from the late 90's through the early 2000's, to me the worst thing was changing many of his lyrics to avoid any profane language. I cringed when he played DMSR..."work that body like you want some more??" Uh hrmph



"Spirituality" instead of "Sexuality" was the worst barf

Ugghhhh!! It was all bad. He would change “fuck” to “duck” and when he sang Peach at his 2004 PP Celebration he re-wrote half the song lyrics confused razz
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #74 posted 05/09/19 6:02pm

benni

avatar

pinkcashmere23 said:

OperatingThetan said:

Listening to 'Art Official Age', in particular 'Way Back Home', was enough to convince me that Prince had distanced himself from the faith. The highly spiritual themes and concepts presented are in direct conflict with JW tenets. And I state this as someone with personal experience of the religion. Prince however, behaved in ways that would not have been tolerated by a regular 'rank and file' JW from the very beginning. Even some of the lyrics on 'The Rainbow Children' are highly problematic and are more a Princely blend or interpretation than an accurate reflection of JW beliefs. A regular JW would not be able to openly talk positively about the 'akashic records', energy fields, the third eye or female masturbation for example, without facing disciplinary action.

Yeah all that. With the Study Bible and Strong's Concordance in his offices,it appears he was still holding on to Christian beliefs but was mixing them with New Age/Buddhist imagery/beliefs. I think one of the Bibles photographed was a copy of the JW's New World Translation though.


I think he always did that - mix his Christian beliefs with more Eastern philosophies and teachings. As OperatingThetan said, even in TRC Prince was talking about subject matter that is related to Eastern ideologies of spirituality. He never completely released his core beliefs. Truth is Truth, no matter what you study in the interim, and Prince was definitely always a seeker of Truth.

@GeorgeTrue1 -- Alex's Jones's Razor - it's not that sharp
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #75 posted 05/09/19 6:23pm

benni

avatar

Krystalkisses said:

muchtoofast said:
I’d like to find those posts because this is very interesting to me also. Go all the way to Brooklyn, ask questions of the church big-wigs and get wishy washy answers had to have been maddening. Add less than a clear mind to anger, who can’t relate?
Oh absolutely. That could really leave just about anyone despondent and angry. I wish I could find that post/review again, I looked but no luck, and I do remember reading someone saying he looked seething with anger and really pissed off on here, from April 16th at that dance party...which stood out to me because I hadn't read that before in anything else so I was like...????...i was really surprised in Kim Berry's book where she wrote there was a time where he really was questioning his faith because he seemed so steadfast and assured in any interview I read or saw regarding his beliefs.


Prince was angry April 16th. Keep in mind that there had been reports about the plane situation in Moline Illinois and everyone speculating. Not to mention that his twitter feed was blowing up with people telling him to "take care of himself" and other fans that had thought he had already died. Prince had the party at Paisley on April 16th, to specifically show his fans that he was "okay", that he "had not died", and that when they hear reports like that in the media, to wait and get the truth. That was what his entire comment about wait a few days before shedding tears came from. Someone truncated it, because in context he was talking about the reports that had come out about Moline, and fans being distraught at Prince's passing, etc. He wanted people to not believe everything they were reading in the news, to wait a few days, make sure the report is accurate, before getting so distraught. I think there was even a fan that had posted on twitter that her life was over since Prince was gone, and was threatening suicide. And Prince wasn't gone yet. Yeah, I think I'd be a little ticked off around then, too.

@GeorgeTrue1 -- Alex's Jones's Razor - it's not that sharp
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #76 posted 05/09/19 9:14pm

Astasheiks

avatar

violetcrush said:

Along with all of the "preaching" he did while performing from the late 90's through the early 2000's, to me the worst thing was changing many of his lyrics to avoid any profane language. I cringed when he played DMSR..."work that body like you want some more??" Uh hrmph

that's better than saying "whore" , like the original lyrics biggrin razz lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #77 posted 05/09/19 9:38pm

Astasheiks

avatar

McD said:

ALL actions by JWs are unusual, and that’s being nice. Sadly it’s a stain on P’s life and career. One Nite Alone Live is ruined by the offensive bile spewing out of his mouth, which also tainted a decade of studio work. There’s no squaring the circle. Stopping songs until people agree they believe in theocratic order (and he doesn’t vote, so how exactly does he intend to achieve this?), or, amazingly, even worse when he tells you to ‘leave that blood alone’. Kids have been allowed to die because of this offensive BS. The fact that he sang a lyric or two ain’t no free pass.

‘leave that blood alone’

What song are you referring to or is this a statement made by him at a concert?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #78 posted 05/09/19 9:54pm

benni

avatar

Astasheiks said:

McD said:

ALL actions by JWs are unusual, and that’s being nice. Sadly it’s a stain on P’s life and career. One Nite Alone Live is ruined by the offensive bile spewing out of his mouth, which also tainted a decade of studio work. There’s no squaring the circle. Stopping songs until people agree they believe in theocratic order (and he doesn’t vote, so how exactly does he intend to achieve this?), or, amazingly, even worse when he tells you to ‘leave that blood alone’. Kids have been allowed to die because of this offensive BS. The fact that he sang a lyric or two ain’t no free pass.

‘leave that blood alone’

What song are you referring to or is this a statement made by him at a concert?



Silicon


Welcome 2 the slaughterhouse

Silicon
Rope of silicon
Just a rope of silicon
The rope of silicon

One day U'll get outside the doo-rag
When U really want 2 contemplate this, jacked up (Jacked up)Paranormal situation that your people got into
Can I hip U'
Long ago who considered the outcome'
Now I'm thinking that a cat like U would be troublesome
And sock U in the mind tangling curriculum
Guaranteed 2 leave U in a state of delirium
While all along teaching they kids in the valley 2 become unlike U:
broke and dumb

Just a rope of silicon
Rope of silicon
Just a rope of silicon
Rope of silicon

On a magical rope of silicon
U can bet that they'll be chillin' in Babylon
Thinking about a way that they can split the proton
While U eating all the bloody chicken and dead prawn
Mickey D. shake and a filet mignon
Swearing up and down U the picture of health, now come on!

Just a rope of silicon (Dance)
Just a rope of silicon
Rope of silicon
U're just a rope of silicon (U)

2 the slaughterhouse

Leave that blood alone
Don't U know that dead blood kills interferons
Making the immune system victim 2 whereupon
Any known virus can boot up and log on
ww.U.com

CHORUS:
Rope of silicon
Just a rope of silicon
Rope of silicon
Just a rope of silicon

Rope of silicon {x3}
Just a rope of silicon
Now U've found me, now that U're here
Let's talk about the U in this con
If U're getting bored don't front, just yawn
This is the kind of stuff that requires patience
Never mind the rhyme just relax and wax the song
That on and on and on and on
Ain't gonna stop 'till the early mornin'
Break it down, later on come break down, y'all
What'

Dance {x5}
(Dance on the funk)
Just dance
(Dance on the funk)
Dance
(Dance on the funk)
Just dance
(Dance on the funk)

CHORUS
Rope of silicon
Just a rope of silicon
Just a rope...

This is why U was looking 4 me' Then check it
Let's talk about the U in this con
If U're getting bored don't front, just yawn
Cuz this is the kind of stuff that requires patience
Don't think, just wax on
If U are the eye that is the pawn
U beget the dead fruit of Armageddon
Thick skin reigns in the realm of the pseudonym
While the blows taken by the silly con
The family does well with God 2 keep it strong
Never a paradox, never a hexagon
U plus he or she keep going on
But with another one of U in the title of this song

Goes on and on and on and on and on and on

CHORUS

Dance, dance on the funk {x10}
Dance {x2}

©NPG Music Club

@GeorgeTrue1 -- Alex's Jones's Razor - it's not that sharp
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #79 posted 05/09/19 10:06pm

benni

avatar

But Prince also referenced the lyric from Silicon on ONA Live the song Xenophobia.

@GeorgeTrue1 -- Alex's Jones's Razor - it's not that sharp
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #80 posted 05/10/19 12:48am

muchtoofast

avatar

Astasheiks said:



McD said:


ALL actions by JWs are unusual, and that’s being nice. Sadly it’s a stain on P’s life and career. One Nite Alone Live is ruined by the offensive bile spewing out of his mouth, which also tainted a decade of studio work. There’s no squaring the circle. Stopping songs until people agree they believe in theocratic order (and he doesn’t vote, so how exactly does he intend to achieve this?), or, amazingly, even worse when he tells you to ‘leave that blood alone’. Kids have been allowed to die because of this offensive BS. The fact that he sang a lyric or two ain’t no free pass.


‘leave that blood alone’



What song are you referring to or is this a statement made by him at a concert?


Kids have been allowed to die because someone sings about not eating meat? I don’t follow.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #81 posted 05/10/19 4:13am

violetcrush

benni said:

But Prince also referenced the lyric from Silicon on ONA Live the song Xenophobia.


Prince is referring to being a meat eater in the song Silicon. He’s not referring to the JW belief of no blood transfusions. He’a preaching to stop eating meat and become a Vegetarian. He started speaking out on this in the late 90’s.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #82 posted 05/10/19 4:41am

violetcrush

muchtoofast said:

Astasheiks said:



McD said:


ALL actions by JWs are unusual, and that’s being nice. Sadly it’s a stain on P’s life and career. One Nite Alone Live is ruined by the offensive bile spewing out of his mouth, which also tainted a decade of studio work. There’s no squaring the circle. Stopping songs until people agree they believe in theocratic order (and he doesn’t vote, so how exactly does he intend to achieve this?), or, amazingly, even worse when he tells you to ‘leave that blood alone’. Kids have been allowed to die because of this offensive BS. The fact that he sang a lyric or two ain’t no free pass.


‘leave that blood alone’



What song are you referring to or is this a statement made by him at a concert?


Kids have been allowed to die because someone sings about not eating meat? I don’t follow.

Right, I posted that just below yours. I think he/she was interpreting that lyric as him speaking out against blood transfusions. Not what he’s singing about
though.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #83 posted 05/10/19 4:43am

OperatingTheta
n

violetcrush said:

benni said:

But Prince also referenced the lyric from Silicon on ONA Live the song Xenophobia.


Prince is referring to being a meat eater in the song Silicon. He’s not referring to the JW belief of no blood transfusions. He’a preaching to stop eating meat and become a Vegetarian. He started speaking out on this in the late 90’s.


Exactly. The surrounding verses from 'Silicon' provide the proper context. Prince is refering to 'dead blood' from dead meat.

However, when Prince references the lyric from 'Silicon' on the live recording of 'Xenophobia' from ONA... LIVE! the surrounding verses and context are omitted, potentially accounting for the confusion and controversy.

*
[Edited 5/10/19 4:44am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #84 posted 05/10/19 5:02am

violetcrush

OperatingThetan said:

violetcrush said:


Prince is referring to being a meat eater in the song Silicon. He’s not referring to the JW belief of no blood transfusions. He’a preaching to stop eating meat and become a Vegetarian. He started speaking out on this in the late 90’s.


Exactly. The surrounding verses from 'Silicon' provide the proper context. Prince is refering to 'dead blood' from dead meat.

However, when Prince references the lyric from 'Silicon' on the live recording of 'Xenophobia' from ONA... LIVE! the surrounding verses and context are omitted, potentially accounting for the confusion and controversy.

*
[Edited 5/10/19 4:44am]

Yes, and the lyric “dead blood” as referencing blood transfusions would not make sense, as healthy blood is taken from “live” people to use for transfusions - it is not “dead”.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #85 posted 05/10/19 7:41am

benni

avatar

violetcrush said:

benni said:

But Prince also referenced the lyric from Silicon on ONA Live the song Xenophobia.

Prince is referring to being a meat eater in the song Silicon. He’s not referring to the JW belief of no blood transfusions. He’a preaching to stop eating meat and become a Vegetarian. He started speaking out on this in the late 90’s.


I didn't say he wasn't. eek Someone just asked what song was being referenced with the lyric in it, so I shared it.

@GeorgeTrue1 -- Alex's Jones's Razor - it's not that sharp
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #86 posted 05/10/19 7:49am

Krystalkisses

avatar

benni said:



Krystalkisses said:


muchtoofast said:
I’d like to find those posts because this is very interesting to me also. Go all the way to Brooklyn, ask questions of the church big-wigs and get wishy washy answers had to have been maddening. Add less than a clear mind to anger, who can’t relate?

Oh absolutely. That could really leave just about anyone despondent and angry. I wish I could find that post/review again, I looked but no luck, and I do remember reading someone saying he looked seething with anger and really pissed off on here, from April 16th at that dance party...which stood out to me because I hadn't read that before in anything else so I was like...????...i was really surprised in Kim Berry's book where she wrote there was a time where he really was questioning his faith because he seemed so steadfast and assured in any interview I read or saw regarding his beliefs.


Prince was angry April 16th. Keep in mind that there had been reports about the plane situation in Moline Illinois and everyone speculating. Not to mention that his twitter feed was blowing up with people telling him to "take care of himself" and other fans that had thought he had already died. Prince had the party at Paisley on April 16th, to specifically show his fans that he was "okay", that he "had not died", and that when they hear reports like that in the media, to wait and get the truth. That was what his entire comment about wait a few days before shedding tears came from. Someone truncated it, because in context he was talking about the reports that had come out about Moline, and fans being distraught at Prince's passing, etc. He wanted people to not believe everything they were reading in the news, to wait a few days, make sure the report is accurate, before getting so distraught. I think there was even a fan that had posted on twitter that her life was over since Prince was gone, and was threatening suicide. And Prince wasn't gone yet. Yeah, I think I'd be a little ticked off around then, too.



I'm taken aback by the defensive tone of your post, were you assuming I was somehow implying his angry feelings were not valid?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #87 posted 05/10/19 8:18am

violetcrush

Krystalkisses said:

benni said:



Krystalkisses said:


muchtoofast said:
I’d like to find those posts because this is very interesting to me also. Go all the way to Brooklyn, ask questions of the church big-wigs and get wishy washy answers had to have been maddening. Add less than a clear mind to anger, who can’t relate?

Oh absolutely. That could really leave just about anyone despondent and angry. I wish I could find that post/review again, I looked but no luck, and I do remember reading someone saying he looked seething with anger and really pissed off on here, from April 16th at that dance party...which stood out to me because I hadn't read that before in anything else so I was like...????...i was really surprised in Kim Berry's book where she wrote there was a time where he really was questioning his faith because he seemed so steadfast and assured in any interview I read or saw regarding his beliefs.


Prince was angry April 16th. Keep in mind that there had been reports about the plane situation in Moline Illinois and everyone speculating. Not to mention that his twitter feed was blowing up with people telling him to "take care of himself" and other fans that had thought he had already died. Prince had the party at Paisley on April 16th, to specifically show his fans that he was "okay", that he "had not died", and that when they hear reports like that in the media, to wait and get the truth. That was what his entire comment about wait a few days before shedding tears came from. Someone truncated it, because in context he was talking about the reports that had come out about Moline, and fans being distraught at Prince's passing, etc. He wanted people to not believe everything they were reading in the news, to wait a few days, make sure the report is accurate, before getting so distraught. I think there was even a fan that had posted on twitter that her life was over since Prince was gone, and was threatening suicide. And Prince wasn't gone yet. Yeah, I think I'd be a little ticked off around then, too.



I'm taken aback by the defensive tone of your post, were you assuming I was somehow implying his angry feelings were not valid?

I think Benni’s Post was countering yours and muchtoofast’s interpretation that his anger was caused by any issues he had with JW. She was clarifying that Prince’s anger on April 16th was a reaction to the media’s and fans’ response to the Moline incident. He was angry about the rumors and widespread coverage, which makes sense based on the level of privacy he always tried to maintain.
*
Prince’s anger was not directed at the JW that night.
[Edited 5/10/19 8:20am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #88 posted 05/10/19 8:57am

Krystalkisses

avatar

violetcrush said:

Krystalkisses said:



I'm taken aback by the defensive tone of your post, were you assuming I was somehow implying his angry feelings were not valid?

I think Benni’s Post was countering yours and muchtoofast’s interpretation that his anger was caused by any issues he had with JW. She was clarifying that Prince’s anger on April 16th was a reaction to the media’s and fans’ response to the Moline incident. He was angry about the rumors and widespread coverage, which makes sense based on the level of privacy he always tried to maintain.
*
Prince’s anger was not directed at the JW that night.
[Edited 5/10/19 8:20am]


Ok that is why I had to ask for clarification. However, sometimes people can have a multitude of reasons why they feel angry in their life , surface reasons and deeper reasons and they all contribute. I just never saw it from an angle that is JW faith may have let him down...ofcourse we have no idea if that was the cause. Regardless he wasn't in a good place if he was abusing medication.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #89 posted 05/10/19 9:34am

benni

avatar

Krystalkisses said:

benni said:


Prince was angry April 16th. Keep in mind that there had been reports about the plane situation in Moline Illinois and everyone speculating. Not to mention that his twitter feed was blowing up with people telling him to "take care of himself" and other fans that had thought he had already died. Prince had the party at Paisley on April 16th, to specifically show his fans that he was "okay", that he "had not died", and that when they hear reports like that in the media, to wait and get the truth. That was what his entire comment about wait a few days before shedding tears came from. Someone truncated it, because in context he was talking about the reports that had come out about Moline, and fans being distraught at Prince's passing, etc. He wanted people to not believe everything they were reading in the news, to wait a few days, make sure the report is accurate, before getting so distraught. I think there was even a fan that had posted on twitter that her life was over since Prince was gone, and was threatening suicide. And Prince wasn't gone yet. Yeah, I think I'd be a little ticked off around then, too.

I'm taken aback by the defensive tone of your post, were you assuming I was somehow implying his angry feelings were not valid?


Umm, I wasn't being defensive at all. eek I was simply pointing out that Prince was angry that night and the report that he was angry was accurate, but that it had to do with the recent news reports of the airplane incident (reports were a day earlier - on the 15th), and fans reactions to it. I was not implying that you were saying his feelings weren't valid.

Unless you are referencing my very last sentence and that is what you took issue with in my post. I was simply stating, that "yeah, I'd be ticked too if that had happened to me" a sort of "I can't blame him for being upset that night". I mean, it just totally blew up.

Even Dr. Funkenberry did a podcast about his feelings and why he wanted to hold the party that night. Dr. Funk stated something along the lines of, "He kept saying he couldn't believe how people were reacting." He'd been fielding phone calls all day from people calling to make sure he was okay, friends, prior associates, etc. I can't even begin to imagine what he was going through the 15th and 16th.


@GeorgeTrue1 -- Alex's Jones's Razor - it's not that sharp
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 3 of 9 <123456789>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > unusual actions by Jehovah Witness