independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 6th Dec 2019 5:50pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > First Ave 8/3/1983 Video is real and being shopped
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #90 posted 05/06/17 2:42am

master

TheEnglishGent said:

NME01 said:

Militant said: Nothing surprises me about music biz deals, but why would WB even think they had the First Avenue video in the first place? They knew they had no original rights, so why was it even in their plan?


Where is the evidence that it was in their plan. There's been nothing more than speculation about it.

i reckon the 2nd show was going to be an edit of syracuse

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #91 posted 05/06/17 3:03am

RODSERLING

charismatic said:

RODSERLING said:

Of course Militant talked about the making of Thriller. This making of released on VHS in 1984 sold barely 2 millions worldwide, which was already huge at the time, considering the market was only at the beginning.

.

It was NEVER released on dvd (do you realize now the absurdity of the article you quote ?), and by 1986 was already out of print. So please stop spreading fake informations from tabloids and wikipedia.

[Edited 5/5/17 2:54am]

You seem to be discounting the significance of the making of VHS that was released. I'm not sure of the exact numbers but the success of the video triggered More home video releases Michael made a heep of money off the VHS and video. From a Vanity Fair article: "making of" genre of documentary ("The Making of Filler," as Landis said at the time); helped create a market for VHS rentals and sales, because fans were desperate to see it when they wanted, rather than at the will of TV stations; and, in 2009, became the first music video to be inducted into the Library of Congress's National Film Registry. So even if they only sold a measly 2 million copies world wide as you say, maybe that's because VHS hadn't made it into every household at that time. Who knows entirely but if it was 2 millions, it was more than any of them expected.

Exactly, like I said in my post above (that strangely you didn't quote), 2 millions was huge at the time. And like I said in my post you didn't quote, it wasn't recent movies that sold more in the the eighties. It was fitness, music video, disney and old movies.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #92 posted 05/06/17 3:37am

udo

avatar

purplethunder3121 said:

I don't want to stream it; I want to own it. pout

.

nod

nodnod

nodnodnod

nodnodnodnod

nodnodnodnodnod

nodnodnodnodnodnod

nodnodnodnodnodnodnod

nodnodnodnodnodnodnodnod

nodnodnodnodnodnodnodnodnod

nodnodnodnodnod
Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill... If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #93 posted 05/06/17 6:38am

djThunderfunk

avatar

laurarichardson said:

BoraBora said:


If the Estate will release a CD+DVD will have my money.

If they don't, I'm ready to give my money to Eye or SAB for the same product.

And please don't start anyone with morality, "P would want this or that", "don't feed bootleegers", etc.

Each to its own and to his prority, that for me is a nice factory pressed product.


Enjoy until your player breaks and you cannot find a replacement.


lol People seem to think when all the current CD, DVD, Bluray, CDROM, DVDROM, BDROM, Playstations, X-Boxes, Wii etc break, they won't be able to get a new one...

With all that are already out there, finding a used one will not be hard for a Loooooong time.

Not that this matters, as buying a new one CHEAP at walmart will be an option for a years and years as well. See, they like to sell bargain bin discs... so, they'll keep carrying players.

When they finally stop, some company will see the niche market and fulfill it's needs.

Anybody that knows much about the history of electronics and media formats can predict this.

So funny though that there are always those on here that preach doom & gloom for physical formats and insist they are ALREADY dead, nobody uses them, your discs will be unplayable in a year or two.

Don't believe the hype. If you're paranoid pick up a few cheap bluray players (should be able stock up a few for $100-150) and stick em in the closet. Better yet, pick a bunch up used for even cheaper.

You can still buy an affordable cassette player today, and that format is deader than discs will be for decades... wink

REEFER MADNESS!
Joe Biden still thinks marijuana is a gateway drug:
https://www.businessinsid...t-2019-11/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #94 posted 05/07/17 6:53am

charismatic

RODSERLING said:

charismatic said:

RODSERLING said:



Of course Militant talked about the making of Thriller. This making of released on VHS in 1984 sold barely 2 millions worldwide, which was already huge at the time, considering the market was only at the beginning.


.


It was NEVER released on dvd (do you realize now the absurdity of the article you quote ?), and by 1986 was already out of print. So please stop spreading fake informations from tabloids and wikipedia.

[Edited 5/5/17 2:54am]



You seem to be discounting the significance of the making of VHS that was released. I'm not sure of the exact numbers but the success of the video triggered
More home video releases Michael made a heep of money off the VHS and video.

From a Vanity Fair article:
"making of" genre of documentary ("The Making of Filler," as Landis said at the time); helped create a market for VHS rentals and sales, because fans were desperate to see it when they wanted, rather than at the will of TV stations; and, in 2009, became the first music video to be inducted into the Library of Congress's National Film Registry.

So even if they only sold a measly 2 million copies world wide as you say, maybe that's because VHS hadn't made it into every household at that time. Who knows entirely but if it was 2 millions, it was more than any of them expected.



Exactly, like I said in my post above (that strangely you didn't quote), 2 millions was huge at the time. And like I said in my post you didn't quote, it wasn't recent movies that sold more in the the eighties. It was fitness, music video, disney and old movies.

I'm sorta new here, but I come in peace. Not here to argue about any of this. I'm here to learn and share what I know. That's it. I didn't include your other statements maybe because I didn't see them or because I can only quote one post at a time. But I certainly didn't do it out of malice. Thanks for the info you have provided.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #95 posted 05/07/17 8:42am

Bighead

Genesia said:

Well...we know the video is real (many of us have it). The question is whether it will be in quality that is sufficiently improved to make it worthwhile.

The quality will be good enough, but we'll still bitch about it

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #96 posted 05/07/17 10:25am

mikeyaddict

avatar

Marco81 said:

They should release a box set of all First Avenue performances 81-87.



This is one of the best suggestions I have seen on here for a very long time. Amazing idea. biggrin
Comin str8 outta Preston...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #97 posted 05/07/17 10:38am

jaypotton

mikeyaddict said:

Marco81 said:

They should release a box set of all First Avenue performances 81-87.



This is one of the best suggestions I have seen on here for a very long time. Amazing idea. biggrin


Yeah that is a cool idea. An anthology of First Avenue gigs. Love it!

We could do something similar with Paisley Park gigs. Glam Slam gigs. An aftershow anthology.

Nice!
'I loved him then, I love him now and will love him eternally. He's with our son now.' Mayte 21st April 2016 = the saddest quote I have ever read! RIP Prince and thanks for everything.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #98 posted 05/07/17 12:46pm

ForceofNature

mikeyaddict said:

Marco81 said:

They should release a box set of all First Avenue performances 81-87.

This is one of the best suggestions I have seen on here for a very long time. Amazing idea. biggrin

Yeah I really like that idea! I am imaging that box set as a nice slick looking purple package with an outline of Prince with the words "Paisley Park" on the bottom lol.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #99 posted 05/07/17 3:30pm

bluegangsta

avatar

Sydney said:

If this concert sounds like that "Lets Go Crazy" snippet that was recently shared (which I am sure it will) it will be monumental!

Quality? Yes. The mix? Hell no.

The synths are way too loud and guitars way too quiet.

Always cry 4 love, never cry 4 pain.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #100 posted 05/07/17 3:48pm

SomeSoldier

While it will be nice to get this if a deal indeed materialises, it worries me that it is a sign that there is no long term strategy to release the material from the vault. It seems as if they will try to get as much purple rain money as possible and the rest... Well, we'll see when and how it is released, but it seems it's still going to take a while. Meanwhile, bootleggers are decades ahead of the estate...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #101 posted 05/07/17 4:49pm

Militant

avatar

moderator

NME01 said:

Militant said:


Because Warners don't own it.


It was a private performance for a charity, and the terms of Prince's deal didn't say "Any gig you film automatically belongs to Warners"...... In fact, back in 1983, record labels rarely interfered with live concerts artists did.

In fact - they didn't always deal with music videos either, and a great example of this is Michael Jackson. He financed the "Thriller" video himself and then was able to do a deal for "The Making of Thriller" on VHS - with exclusivity deals with MTV, Showtime, and a $500k marketing budget from the distributor, Vestron! And although Epic Records got a cut due to them owning the song itself, they had no ownership of the video nor the making of video, which sold almost 10 million copies on it's own!

So here's a nice bit of speculation that could be accurate : Carter only just came in as advisor, right? Maybe Warners thought that First Ave inclusion was a done deal when they made that first release of information that mentioned two DVDs. Imagine Carter comes in and says "Nope! This is a separate deal, you want it, you need to pay extra for it!"


Warners don't want to do that, deal collapses at the last minute, we get one DVD with PR Deluxe and then all of a sudden, here's information that Carter is shopping it around.

This is total speculation on my part, but having been in the music industry my whole life, I wouldn't be surprised if this is exactly how it went down.





Nothing surprises me about music biz deals, but why would WB even think they had the First Avenue video in the first place? They knew they had no original rights, so why was it even in their plan?

That all depends on what conversations they had wih Bremer/Londell/Charles who have now been replaced with Comerica/Troy. If Universal are feeling they were misled on the post-WB material and rights, who is to say that WB aren't in the same boat between what they believed they had and what they actually have?


The whole thing is such a messy situation.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #102 posted 05/07/17 5:30pm

leadline

avatar

bluegangsta said:

Sydney said:

If this concert sounds like that "Lets Go Crazy" snippet that was recently shared (which I am sure it will) it will be monumental!

Quality? Yes. The mix? Hell no.

The synths are way too loud and guitars way too quiet.


Sounds like soundboard audio, and yes, it sounds great, and the video quality is astounding compared to what we have now, but soundboard audio is going to take away volumes from the feel and intimacy of this show. An audience recording makes it so much more intimate and special imo. Remember how odd the One Nite Alone DVD sounded? Imagine Lovesexy Live without the wonderful crowd audio.

I will be happy regardless as I never thought this would ever see a legitimate release, but if I have to make a wish for what would be great for me, it is:

High quality audience recording for the show

BluRay/DVD release along with streaming option.


[Edited 5/7/17 17:33pm]

"You always get the dream that you deserve, from what you value the most" -Prince 2013
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #103 posted 05/08/17 5:46am

djThunderfunk

avatar

leadline said:

bluegangsta said:

Quality? Yes. The mix? Hell no.

The synths are way too loud and guitars way too quiet.


Sounds like soundboard audio, and yes, it sounds great, and the video quality is astounding compared to what we have now, but soundboard audio is going to take away volumes from the feel and intimacy of this show. An audience recording makes it so much more intimate and special imo. Remember how odd the One Nite Alone DVD sounded? Imagine Lovesexy Live without the wonderful crowd audio.

I will be happy regardless as I never thought this would ever see a legitimate release, but if I have to make a wish for what would be great for me, it is:

High quality audience recording for the show

BluRay/DVD release along with streaming option.


Ahhh! NO. biggrin

Seriously, though, often they do what is called a "matrix" mix, a soundboard recording mixed with the audience to create the atmosphere you are talking about while maintaining the clarity of the soundboard. Personally I prefer soundboard to matrix or audience but I understand why some like a mix.

REEFER MADNESS!
Joe Biden still thinks marijuana is a gateway drug:
https://www.businessinsid...t-2019-11/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #104 posted 05/08/17 8:35am

Se7en

avatar

Militant said:

NME01 said:

Militant said: Nothing surprises me about music biz deals, but why would WB even think they had the First Avenue video in the first place? They knew they had no original rights, so why was it even in their plan?

That all depends on what conversations they had wih Bremer/Londell/Charles who have now been replaced with Comerica/Troy. If Universal are feeling they were misled on the post-WB material and rights, who is to say that WB aren't in the same boat between what they believed they had and what they actually have?


The whole thing is such a messy situation.



Agreed - I think the 5-disc set might've been something of a "knee jerk" reaction, but I also think that overall consumerism is at play here.

Why include the First Avenue show in a 5-disc bundle (for a somewhat "bargain" price) when it can be its own, separate full-price release?

Think about it - if the album release is $20-25, then this video would potentially be $20-25 as well.

This consumerism approach might also factor into why The Time, Modernaires and Appolonia 6 aren't on here . . .

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #105 posted 05/08/17 1:49pm

laurarichardso
n

Militant said:



NME01 said:


Militant said:




Because Warners don't own it.



It was a private performance for a charity, and the terms of Prince's deal didn't say "Any gig you film automatically belongs to Warners"..... In fact, back in 1983, record labels rarely interfered with live concerts artists did.

In fact - they didn't always deal with music videos either, and a great example of this is Michael Jackson. He financed the "Thriller" video himself and then was able to do a deal for "The Making of Thriller" on VHS - with exclusivity deals with MTV, Showtime, and a $500k marketing budget from the distributor, Vestron! And although Epic Records got a cut due to them owning the song itself, they had no ownership of the video nor the making of video, which sold almost 10 million copies on it's own!

So here's a nice bit of speculation that could be accurate : Carter only just came in as advisor, right? Maybe Warners thought that First Ave inclusion was a done deal when they made that first release of information that mentioned two DVDs. Imagine Carter comes in and says "Nope! This is a separate deal, you want it, you need to pay extra for it!"



Warners don't want to do that, deal collapses at the last minute, we get one DVD with PR Deluxe and then all of a sudden, here's information that Carter is shopping it around.

This is total speculation on my part, but having been in the music industry my whole life, I wouldn't be surprised if this is exactly how it went down.







Nothing surprises me about music biz deals, but why would WB even think they had the First Avenue video in the first place? They knew they had no original rights, so why was it even in their plan?



That all depends on what conversations they had wih Bremer/Londell/Charles who have now been replaced with Comerica/Troy. If Universal are feeling they were misled on the post-WB material and rights, who is to say that WB aren't in the same boat between what they believed they had and what they actually have?



The whole thing is such a messy situation.









--It is not messy Prince had a contract with WB. WB had lawyers at the table and Prince had lawyers at the table both sides knew what they were signing. Universal had a deal with Londell and Breamer who were two stupid to take the time and see what the terms and conditions were for the WB deal before making a new deal. My guess is WB will release whatever they have the license for until the period of performance ends. What they do not a license for the estate is free to shop or renegotiate with Universal? Not that messy just read the contract first.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #106 posted 05/08/17 1:57pm

thedance

avatar

June 23, 2017.. cool cool cool

I can't wait for this day.... it's gonna be beautiful...

Hopefully this dvd will be included, like a bonus.... or something..... cloud9

Prince 4Ever. heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #107 posted 05/08/17 2:19pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

thedance said:

June 23, 2017.. cool cool cool

I can't wait for this day.... it's gonna be beautiful...

Hopefully this dvd will be included, like a bonus.... or something..... cloud9

Image result for give it to me now gif

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #108 posted 05/08/17 3:08pm

bonatoc

avatar

PRNelson said:

1) Listen to die hards 2) utilise the people who were actually there 3) package physical product beautifully with photographs and insightful writings 4) a loyal fan base is yours forever


https://vimeo.com/171647167


The Colors R brighter, the Bond is much tighter
No Child's a failure
Until the Blue Sailboat sails him away from his dreams
Don't Ever Lose, Don't Ever Lose
Don't Ever Lose Your Dreams
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #109 posted 05/08/17 3:13pm

bonatoc

avatar

charismatic said:

RODSERLING said:

Exactly, like I said in my post above (that strangely you didn't quote), 2 millions was huge at the time. And like I said in my post you didn't quote, it wasn't recent movies that sold more in the the eighties. It was fitness, music video, disney and old movies.
I'm sorta new here, but I come in peace. Not here to argue about any of this. I'm here to learn and share what I know. That's it. I didn't include your other statements maybe because I didn't see them or because I can only quote one post at a time. But I certainly didn't do it out of malice. Thanks for the info you have provided.


Fire at will!

The Colors R brighter, the Bond is much tighter
No Child's a failure
Until the Blue Sailboat sails him away from his dreams
Don't Ever Lose, Don't Ever Lose
Don't Ever Lose Your Dreams
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #110 posted 05/13/17 11:31am

luvsexy4all

seems like theyre so busy trying to make so much money that they r losing momentum at this rate

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #111 posted 05/13/17 1:02pm

KoolEaze

avatar

You are right.....but remember minidiscs and minidisc players ? I loved them and they were kinda popular in the early 2000s but these days you can´t really find a minidisc player, or let alone recorder, anymore.

And I have two shoeboxes full of minidiscs that I can´t play anymore. wink

My old minidisc player broke down more than a decade ago.

djThunderfunk said:

laurarichardson said:

Enjoy until your player breaks and you cannot find a replacement.


lol People seem to think when all the current CD, DVD, Bluray, CDROM, DVDROM, BDROM, Playstations, X-Boxes, Wii etc break, they won't be able to get a new one...

With all that are already out there, finding a used one will not be hard for a Loooooong time.

Not that this matters, as buying a new one CHEAP at walmart will be an option for a years and years as well. See, they like to sell bargain bin discs... so, they'll keep carrying players.

When they finally stop, some company will see the niche market and fulfill it's needs.

Anybody that knows much about the history of electronics and media formats can predict this.

So funny though that there are always those on here that preach doom & gloom for physical formats and insist they are ALREADY dead, nobody uses them, your discs will be unplayable in a year or two.

Don't believe the hype. If you're paranoid pick up a few cheap bluray players (should be able stock up a few for $100-150) and stick em in the closet. Better yet, pick a bunch up used for even cheaper.

You can still buy an affordable cassette player today, and that format is deader than discs will be for decades... wink

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #112 posted 05/13/17 1:15pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

KoolEaze said:

You are right.....but remember minidiscs and minidisc players ? I loved them and they were kinda popular in the early 2000s but these days you can´t really find a minidisc player, or let alone recorder, anymore.

And I have two shoeboxes full of minidiscs that I can´t play anymore. wink

My old minidisc player broke down more than a decade ago.

djThunderfunk said:


lol People seem to think when all the current CD, DVD, Bluray, CDROM, DVDROM, BDROM, Playstations, X-Boxes, Wii etc break, they won't be able to get a new one...

With all that are already out there, finding a used one will not be hard for a Loooooong time.

Not that this matters, as buying a new one CHEAP at walmart will be an option for a years and years as well. See, they like to sell bargain bin discs... so, they'll keep carrying players.

When they finally stop, some company will see the niche market and fulfill it's needs.

Anybody that knows much about the history of electronics and media formats can predict this.

So funny though that there are always those on here that preach doom & gloom for physical formats and insist they are ALREADY dead, nobody uses them, your discs will be unplayable in a year or two.

Don't believe the hype. If you're paranoid pick up a few cheap bluray players (should be able stock up a few for $100-150) and stick em in the closet. Better yet, pick a bunch up used for even cheaper.

You can still buy an affordable cassette player today, and that format is deader than discs will be for decades... wink


Yeah, but 2 things:

There are millions more dvd players sold than mini disc. Mini disc was a great format but unfortunately about as popular as DAT. Almost every home has/had a DVD player and DVDs. This means that there will be more of a demand for players on the market and for a longer time period.

Also, DVDs play on blu ray players, computer disc drives, most video game systems, etc... mini-disc do not.

I can still get a new in the box VHS player for cheap and I haven't seen a new release VHS being sold for around 15 years. DVDs are still selling, players will be available for decades. There are too many discs in circulation to believe that there will not be a demand for players. Even if the major brands stopped making them some niche company would pick up the slack.

REEFER MADNESS!
Joe Biden still thinks marijuana is a gateway drug:
https://www.businessinsid...t-2019-11/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #113 posted 05/15/17 9:42am

Se7en

avatar

djThunderfunk said:

KoolEaze said:

You are right.....but remember minidiscs and minidisc players ? I loved them and they were kinda popular in the early 2000s but these days you can´t really find a minidisc player, or let alone recorder, anymore.

And I have two shoeboxes full of minidiscs that I can´t play anymore. wink

My old minidisc player broke down more than a decade ago.


Yeah, but 2 things:

There are millions more dvd players sold than mini disc. Mini disc was a great format but unfortunately about as popular as DAT. Almost every home has/had a DVD player and DVDs. This means that there will be more of a demand for players on the market and for a longer time period.

Also, DVDs play on blu ray players, computer disc drives, most video game systems, etc... mini-disc do not.

I can still get a new in the box VHS player for cheap and I haven't seen a new release VHS being sold for around 15 years. DVDs are still selling, players will be available for decades. There are too many discs in circulation to believe that there will not be a demand for players. Even if the major brands stopped making them some niche company would pick up the slack.


Agreed - even if they stopped production of DVDs/Blu-Rays today, the market for players would still be around for quite a while to support what's already out there.

I don't buy a lot of movies anymore, but when I do I get the BD/DVD/Digital combo. I put the BD away, usually give the DVD to my son (if it's a kid's movie) and then it goes on Ultraviolet where I usually watch everything from anyway.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #114 posted 05/15/17 10:23am

djThunderfunk

avatar

Se7en said:

djThunderfunk said:


Yeah, but 2 things:

There are millions more dvd players sold than mini disc. Mini disc was a great format but unfortunately about as popular as DAT. Almost every home has/had a DVD player and DVDs. This means that there will be more of a demand for players on the market and for a longer time period.

Also, DVDs play on blu ray players, computer disc drives, most video game systems, etc... mini-disc do not.

I can still get a new in the box VHS player for cheap and I haven't seen a new release VHS being sold for around 15 years. DVDs are still selling, players will be available for decades. There are too many discs in circulation to believe that there will not be a demand for players. Even if the major brands stopped making them some niche company would pick up the slack.


Agreed - even if they stopped production of DVDs/Blu-Rays today, the market for players would still be around for quite a while to support what's already out there.

I don't buy a lot of movies anymore, but when I do I get the BD/DVD/Digital combo. I put the BD away, usually give the DVD to my son (if it's a kid's movie) and then it goes on Ultraviolet where I usually watch everything from anyway.


I use the BD, save the DVD for if I want to loan it out or rip a back up copy and never even use the ultraviolet codes. I've let litteraly hundreds expire without using them. I've heard there is a market online for selling the UV codes but never looked into it. Probably could have made a few $ by now...

lol

REEFER MADNESS!
Joe Biden still thinks marijuana is a gateway drug:
https://www.businessinsid...t-2019-11/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #115 posted 05/15/17 11:19am

Genesia

avatar

leadline said:

bluegangsta said:

Quality? Yes. The mix? Hell no.

The synths are way too loud and guitars way too quiet.


Sounds like soundboard audio, and yes, it sounds great, and the video quality is astounding compared to what we have now, but soundboard audio is going to take away volumes from the feel and intimacy of this show. An audience recording makes it so much more intimate and special imo. Remember how odd the One Nite Alone DVD sounded? Imagine Lovesexy Live without the wonderful crowd audio.

I will be happy regardless as I never thought this would ever see a legitimate release, but if I have to make a wish for what would be great for me, it is:

High quality audience recording for the show

BluRay/DVD release along with streaming option.



Right. Because where would we be without some drunk chick screaming, "OH MY GOOOOOOOOD!!! I LOVE YOU, PRIIIIIIIIINCE!"

Or some drunk guy yelling, "17 DAYS! 17 DAYS!"

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #116 posted 05/15/17 12:37pm

rdhull

avatar

Genesia said:

leadline said:


Sounds like soundboard audio, and yes, it sounds great, and the video quality is astounding compared to what we have now, but soundboard audio is going to take away volumes from the feel and intimacy of this show. An audience recording makes it so much more intimate and special imo. Remember how odd the One Nite Alone DVD sounded? Imagine Lovesexy Live without the wonderful crowd audio.

I will be happy regardless as I never thought this would ever see a legitimate release, but if I have to make a wish for what would be great for me, it is:

High quality audience recording for the show

BluRay/DVD release along with streaming option.



Right. Because where would we be without some drunk chick screaming, "OH MY GOOOOOOOOD!!! I LOVE YOU, PRIIIIIIIIINCE!"

Or some drunk guy yelling, "17 DAYS! 17 DAYS!"

lol

c'mon baby, where's ya guts?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #117 posted 05/15/17 1:42pm

Genesia

avatar

rdhull said:

Genesia said:

Right. Because where would we be without some drunk chick screaming, "OH MY GOOOOOOOOD!!! I LOVE YOU, PRIIIIIIIIINCE!"

Or some drunk guy yelling, "17 DAYS! 17 DAYS!"

lol


Seriously, tho. I don't like these people at actual shows. Why would I want to invite them into my living room? lol

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #118 posted 05/15/17 1:45pm

rdhull

avatar

Genesia said:

rdhull said:

lol


Seriously, tho. I don't like these people at actual shows. Why would I want to invite them into my living room? lol

I dont either. They're were all trying to get a response from him (attention) at the shows.

c'mon baby, where's ya guts?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #119 posted 05/16/17 8:21am

dadeepop

avatar

Giovanni777 said:

Well, the 1.09GB MP4 that's been around for a while is pretty damn good quality.



Thanks for the reminder. I need to find that. 😎
"The password is what."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > First Ave 8/3/1983 Video is real and being shopped