independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > So, who thinks Prince heard an advance copy of Black Messiah
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 9 123456789>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 12/15/14 9:22am

lwr001

So, who thinks Prince heard an advance copy of Black Messiah

and said fuck josh and the band of beckies..let me go do my thing...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 12/15/14 9:27am

OperatingTheta
n

There's a rumour circulating on twitter to that effect. It is of course, unsubstantiated though.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 12/15/14 9:29am

limoncello

avatar

I think you might be right. D'Angelo has outprinced him.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 12/15/14 9:52am

lwr001

he was like, i let john go for hannah and d got him and jesse...................fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 12/15/14 9:55am

NouveauDance

avatar

lwr001 said:

band of beckies..

spit

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 12/15/14 10:11am

brainchild

Prince after listening to "Black Messiah"

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 12/15/14 10:20am

terrig

I hate to admit it but as of today, Prince has been out-Princed. Black Messiah is all kinds of fire. Let's hope it spurs some healthy competition smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 12/15/14 10:36am

lwr001

terrig said:

I hate to admit it but as of today, Prince has been out-Princed. Black Messiah is all kinds of fire. Let's hope it spurs some healthy competition smile

yep, he didnt pander to the youth crowd with silly catch phrases 24 karat hashtag; really...and dumb shit

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 12/15/14 10:37am

lwr001

lwr001 said:

terrig said:

I hate to admit it but as of today, Prince has been out-Princed. Black Messiah is all kinds of fire. Let's hope it spurs some healthy competition smile

yep, he didnt pander to the youth crowd with silly catch phrases 24 karat hashtag; really...and dumb shit

further, if he stayed the groovy potential course, we'd have a winner but he didnt

[Edited 12/15/14 10:53am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 12/15/14 10:39am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Prince is very angry.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 12/15/14 10:40am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Preeence say Why u hatin?

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 12/15/14 10:40am

purplethunder3
121

avatar

Here it comes...

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 12/15/14 10:41am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Clean them ears out. Preene immitators is ear wax.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 12/15/14 11:43am

Scarfo

If Prince did, then he will hear how great he used to be. He should be rewinding every track and take notes.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 12/15/14 11:53am

paulludvig

lwr001 said:

lwr001 said:

yep, he didnt pander to the youth crowd with silly catch phrases 24 karat hashtag; really...and dumb shit

further, if he stayed the groovy potential course, we'd have a winner but he didnt

[Edited 12/15/14 10:53am]

Agreed!

The wooh is on the one!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 12/15/14 12:00pm

lwr001

paulludvig said:

lwr001 said:

further, if he stayed the groovy potential course, we'd have a winner but he didnt

[Edited 12/15/14 10:53am]

Agreed!

yep, better then anyhtng on AOA

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 12/15/14 12:03pm

Noodled24

Prince has been out-Princed for a while now.

D'angelo obviously, but then Pharell, Andre3000, Justin Timberlake, most recently Bruno and Mark Ronson - it's one thing to make a Prince inspired song but to title it "uptown funk" - that pure Prince bait.

Josh has had an amazing influence on Prince. Josh isn't Mark Ronson by any means but he made Prince sound alive in the studio again.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 12/15/14 12:07pm

lwr001

Noodled24 said:

Prince has been out-Princed for a while now.

D'angelo obviously, but then Pharell, Andre3000, Justin Timberlake, most recently Bruno and Mark Ronson - it's one thing to make a Prince inspired song but to title it "uptown funk" - that pure Prince bait.

Josh has had an amazing influence on Prince. Josh isn't Mark Ronson by any means but he made Prince sound alive in the studio again.

Josh got pics of prince fucking a donkey; thats the only way he gets anywhere near studio a console

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 12/15/14 12:08pm

Scarfo

Noodled24 said:

Prince has been out-Princed for a while now.

D'angelo obviously, but then Pharell, Andre3000, Justin Timberlake, most recently Bruno and Mark Ronson - it's one thing to make a Prince inspired song but to title it "uptown funk" - that pure Prince bait.

Josh has had an amazing influence on Prince. Josh isn't Mark Ronson by any means but he made Prince sound alive in the studio again.

Oh GAWD this! Justin Timberlake's "Until The End of Time" sounds so much like a Prince song (from his glory days of the 80's) I was shocked to see Prince had nothing to do with that track in the song credits.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 12/15/14 12:23pm

Miles

I ain't heard Black Messiah, but come on, D'angelo's managed 2-3 albums of similar fare over a 20 year period. In all areas, Prince utterly destroys him in terms of quality, productivity, versatility and sheer legend over the same period of years.

I have Voodoo and there were a couple of cool tracks among loads of unfocussed-sounding thump-funk; also, since when was it an 'artistic style' to make lead vocals deliberately indistinct? Yeah, D's taking from Sly and Riot/ Fresh, but it was frustrating when Sly was doing it too, 40+ years ago.

D'angelo has talent but he is seriously a minnow in the creative/ legend stakes next to the killer whale that is Prince cool smile .

Let's see D sell out 21 nights at the O2, let's see him sell out one. Also, who's holding their breath till he drops a fourth album??

Geez, this D'angelo shit and Prince negativity is getting out of hand round here. Y'all asking Prince to come right over and bitch slap y'all lol .

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 12/15/14 12:27pm

lwr001

Miles said:

I ain't heard Black Messiah, but come on, D'angelo's managed 2-3 albums of similar fare over a 20 year period. In all areas, Prince utterly destroys him in terms of quality, productivity, versatility and sheer legend over the same period of years.

I have Voodoo and there were a couple of cool tracks among loads of unfocussed-sounding thump-funk; also, since when was it an 'artistic style' to make lead vocals deliberately indistinct? Yeah, D's taking from Sly and Riot/ Fresh, but it was frustrating when Sly was doing it too, 40+ years ago.

D'angelo has talent but he is seriously a minnow in the creative/ legend stakes next to the killer whale that is Prince cool smile .

Let's see D sell out 21 nights at the O2, let's see him sell out one. Also, who's holding their breath till he drops a fourth album??

Geez, this D'angelo shit and Prince negativity is getting out of hand round here. Y'all asking Prince to come right over and bitch slap y'all lol .

dont get your panties ina bunch..we trolling Prince to make him lock himslef inside a studio and deliver a worthy album of his grand fuckign talent..is that too much to ask..like no onew woudl care what the sales where if the album was the shit

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 12/15/14 1:05pm

skywalker

avatar

lwr001 said:



Miles said:


I ain't heard Black Messiah, but come on, D'angelo's managed 2-3 albums of similar fare over a 20 year period. In all areas, Prince utterly destroys him in terms of quality, productivity, versatility and sheer legend over the same period of years.



I have Voodoo and there were a couple of cool tracks among loads of unfocussed-sounding thump-funk; also, since when was it an 'artistic style' to make lead vocals deliberately indistinct? Yeah, D's taking from Sly and Riot/ Fresh, but it was frustrating when Sly was doing it too, 40+ years ago.



D'angelo has talent but he is seriously a minnow in the creative/ legend stakes next to the killer whale that is Prince cool smile .



Let's see D sell out 21 nights at the O2, let's see him sell out one. Also, who's holding their breath till he drops a fourth album??



Geez, this D'angelo shit and Prince negativity is getting out of hand round here. Y'all asking Prince to come right over and bitch slap y'all lol .





dont get your panties ina bunch..we trolling Prince to make him lock himslef inside a studio and deliver a worthy album of his grand fuckign talent..is that too much to ask..like no onew woudl care what the sales where if the album was the shit



Here's the thing though: Prince could make D'Angelo's new album, or a song like "Uptown Funk", and a bunch of people at Prince.org would piss and moan about it.
-

Prince has made so much different music over the years that the fanbase rarely agrees on what is "good" because we all have different tastes that Prince sometimes caters to.
"New Power slide...."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 12/15/14 1:08pm

emesem

I dont know. I heard "Sugar Daddy". Not impressed. The piano is just god awful (we're talking John L Nelson bad) fake jazz. No discipline shown with the rest of the track.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 12/15/14 1:09pm

lwr001

skywalker said:

lwr001 said:

dont get your panties ina bunch..we trolling Prince to make him lock himslef inside a studio and deliver a worthy album of his grand fuckign talent..is that too much to ask..like no onew woudl care what the sales where if the album was the shit

Here's the thing though: Prince could make D'Angelo's new album, or a song like "Uptown Funk", and a bunch of people at Prince.org would piss and moan about it. - Prince has made so much different music over the years that the fanbase rarely agrees on what is "good" because we all have different tastes that Prince sometimes caters to.

Let me do Bart here; Puleasssssssss...i do that right

But he didnt, we got AOA instead....ANd Gold Standard..now go listen to that then said songs you referenced

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 12/15/14 1:10pm

vinaysfunk

Finally a voice of reason. Skywalker to the rescue. Rarely do I disagree with you. Now do me favor and take out your light saber and cut down a few P haters around here. These guys just bring down the whole vibe of this "fan community site!" I wont name names. I don't have to.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 12/15/14 1:15pm

lwr001

vinaysfunk said:

Finally a voice of reason. Skywalker to the rescue. Rarely do I disagree with you. Now do me favor and take out your light saber and cut down a few P haters around here. These guys just bring down the whole vibe of this "fan community site!" I wont name names. I don't have to.

not a hater at all.. he ran from his current projects for a reason..had nothing to do with any of us on here..

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 12/15/14 1:24pm

Graycap23

avatar

This Prince bashing is played out.

At the end of the day, Prince is seriously taken 4 granted by his fans.

It is the main reason why u see silly threads like "what u would do 2 save his career" and the like.

Prince at this point in his career will only be appreciated when he is gone.

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 12/15/14 1:28pm

lwr001

Graycap23 said:

This Prince bashing is played out.

At the end of the day, Prince is seriously taken 4 granted by his fans.

It is the main reason why u see silly threads like "what u would do 2 save his career" and the like.

Prince at this point in his career will only be appreciated when he is gone.

awww for fucks sake,,you know whats played out, not promoting albums that you put out..starting and stoppng projects, tweet and deletes..etc i can go on and on...thats played out and the fans are the ones taken for granted my friend

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 12/15/14 1:31pm

Graycap23

avatar

lwr001 said:

Graycap23 said:

This Prince bashing is played out.

At the end of the day, Prince is seriously taken 4 granted by his fans.

It is the main reason why u see silly threads like "what u would do 2 save his career" and the like.

Prince at this point in his career will only be appreciated when he is gone.

awww for fucks sake,,you know whats played out, not promoting albums that you put out..starting and stoppng projects, tweet and deletes..etc i can go on and on...thats played out and the fans are the ones taken for granted my friend

I'm talking strickly about the music.

Prince has burned and created many bridges over the years. I understand that very well.

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 12/15/14 1:34pm

lwr001

Graycap23 said:

lwr001 said:

awww for fucks sake,,you know whats played out, not promoting albums that you put out..starting and stoppng projects, tweet and deletes..etc i can go on and on...thats played out and the fans are the ones taken for granted my friend

I'm talking strickly about the music.

Prince has burned and created many bridges over the years. I understand that very well.

thats what i am saying ...he bought the scorn on himself..

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 9 123456789>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > So, who thinks Prince heard an advance copy of Black Messiah