independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 21st Nov 2019 5:07pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Tabloid Rumor: R&B Diva Wanted To Fight Prince
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 8 12345678>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 07/05/14 11:07am

bashraka

Tabloid Rumor: R&B Diva Wanted To Fight Prince

http://mediatakeout.com/249619/its-going-down-rb-diva-lil-mo-was-about-to-fight-prince-at-the-essence-festival.html

3121 #1 THIS YEAR
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 07/05/14 11:25am

EyeHatechu

avatar

Oh shit..its about to go DOWN! Who would win if they fought?
This Could Be Us But U Be Playin...
You Can Call It The Unexpected Or U Can Call It WOW
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 07/05/14 11:30am

SoulAlive

eek

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 07/05/14 11:30am

ufoclub

avatar

lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 07/05/14 11:37am

djThunderfunk

avatar

Lil' Who?

REEFER MADNESS!
Joe Biden still thinks marijuana is a gateway drug:
https://www.businessinsid...t-2019-11/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 07/05/14 11:38am

lezama

avatar

How does a nobody get a VIP pass to wander the entire venue?

Change it one more time..
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 07/05/14 11:41am

kenkamken

avatar

Give her a bucket she can pee in lol

Sounds like she's trying to raise her profile, nobody's heard of her since the last Missy Elliott hit

Have to Google her just to see what she looks like... kinda like prisoner #18649302 with all those tattoos

You'd have to use a very broad definition of the word "Diva" to include her. True divas include Aretha, Chaka, Patti, even Mariah or Beyonce, but this defnition from Urban Dictionary fits Lil' Mo
a bitchy woman that must have her way exactly, or no way at all. often rude and belittles people, believes that everyone is beneath her and thinks that she is so much more loved than what she really is. selfish, spoiled, and overly dramatic.

[Edited 7/5/14 12:21pm]

"So fierce U look 2night, the brightest star pales 2 Ur sex..."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 07/05/14 11:46am

EyeHatechu

avatar

Prince would win..her comments are so stupid but I understand she wants some publicity.
This Could Be Us But U Be Playin...
You Can Call It The Unexpected Or U Can Call It WOW
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 07/05/14 12:37pm

SoulAlive

djThunderfunk said:

Lil' Who?

lol yeah,I don't know too much about her.I can't name a single song by her.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 07/05/14 1:23pm

SchlomoThaHomo

avatar

I was just listening to her on Endow Me (Feat. Coko, Faith Evans, Fantasia and of course Lil' Mo). Each and every one of them sang their face off on that. I had to look her up because I'd never heard of her before. Ignorant Prince rhetoric aside, she can definitely sing some gospel.

"That's when stars collide. When there's space for what u want, and ur heart is open wide."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 07/05/14 1:26pm

fnksoul

SoulAlive said:

djThunderfunk said:

Lil' Who?

lol yeah,I don't know too much about her.I can't name a single song by her.

.

.

i dont think she was every really successful as a stand alone artist? She was always one they would stick on a track with a Rapper like Ja Rule or something. Never had a tour of her own, only ever been support too i think.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 07/05/14 1:54pm

daPrettyman

avatar

I'm sure Prince would have no problem with her going to see Lil Boosie on his arena tour! lol

**--••--**--••**--••--**--••**--••--**--••**--••-
U 'gon make me shake my doo loose!
http://www.twitter.com/nivlekbrad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 07/05/14 3:59pm

mimi02

For one, it's mediatakeout reporting this story. So, let's take it with a grain of salt.

Here's my reason for that comment.

Why would someone like Prince who is known the world over for being particular about every aspect of his life, somehow okay with using a toilet that any one with a pass can use. Wouldn't he had requested a more "exclusive" restroom facility?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 07/05/14 4:01pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

lol

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 07/05/14 4:15pm

morningsong

Now you know if some prince fans saw this woman getting ready to go at prince she'd of been introduced to a new level of crazy. I don't know but there's this weird switch that goes off when prince gets disturbed. Talking about it might get her some attention, actually doing it might get her stranded in some barren wasteland, figuratively of course.
[Edited 7/5/14 16:20pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 07/05/14 4:25pm

dandan

I wonder if she really reckons she could take Prince? I've heard a few people say Prince is deceptively strong and quick for his size. There was a podcast by an ex-engineer where he talk about how, if it came down to it, he thinks he could have kicked P's ass but it wouldn't have been easy, despite his height advantage.

I got two sides... and they're both friends.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 07/05/14 4:55pm

EyeHatechu

avatar

Botttom line: Prince can kick some ass....He said once that he didnt fight fair. Andthatsayswhat?
This Could Be Us But U Be Playin...
You Can Call It The Unexpected Or U Can Call It WOW
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 07/05/14 5:07pm

nursev

She fucking with the wrong one lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 07/05/14 6:13pm

wildgoldenhone
y

wacky

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 07/05/14 6:37pm

1contessa

mimi02 said:

For one, it's mediatakeout reporting this story. So, let's take it with a grain of salt.

Here's my reason for that comment.

Why would someone like Prince who is known the world over for being particular about every aspect of his life, somehow okay with using a toilet that any one with a pass can use. Wouldn't he had requested a more "exclusive" restroom facility?

Exactly! Mediatakeout are known liars, and nothing they say is ever true! I never believe anything that comes from them, because they're garbage!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 07/05/14 6:49pm

Anotherlova4Ne
ssa

First of all, this "Lil Mo" person needs to undersrand where she is at career wise. AND WHAT I sadly mean is status. Im sure all of us are asking around wondering whom she is and why should would even pick on someone like Prince. IM one of the jehovahs Witnesses. I couldn't help to point out he fact that she took a topic of something that had nothing to do with the situation and turned it into an isult against him.

Prince is an old man, ar this stage he is at im almost so sure he didnt feel up to beefing with a younger woman. If ahe gets the upset over a situation that happened over in an bathroom then, you can only imagine how annoyingly ghetto she becomes in a practical situation.

I just wish these unknown artist like "Lil Mo" would sit down somewhere and take notes on what it REALLY takes to have a successful career.


Im just sayin
''∃ƴεĦαтε¢нʊ ''
ɪs ᴍʏ ғᴀᴠᴏʀɪᴛᴇ USER!
''Prince is my Christina Blue''
Hоpёfцlaґяaпgёя Is ᴍʏ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴᴀʟ ʜᴀᴛᴇʀ!
I❤ U!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 07/05/14 7:02pm

babynoz

kenkamken said:

Give her a bucket she can pee in lol

Sounds like she's trying to raise her profile, nobody's heard of her since the last Missy Elliott hit

Have to Google her just to see what she looks like... kinda like prisoner #18649302 with all those tattoos

You'd have to use a very broad definition of the word "Diva" to include her. True divas include Aretha, Chaka, Patti, even Mariah or Beyonce, but this defnition from Urban Dictionary fits Lil' Mo
a bitchy woman that must have her way exactly, or no way at all. often rude and belittles people, believes that everyone is beneath her and thinks that she is so much more loved than what she really is. selfish, spoiled, and overly dramatic.

[Edited 7/5/14 12:21pm]



Ewww...is she house-broken? lol

It's Media Takeout though, so the story may not even be true.

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 07/05/14 7:03pm

trax

never heard of Lil Mo...and I have a wrecka stow!!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 07/05/14 7:05pm

babynoz

dandan said:

I wonder if she really reckons she could take Prince? I've heard a few people say Prince is deceptively strong and quick for his size. There was a podcast by an ex-engineer where he talk about how, if it came down to it, he thinks he could have kicked P's ass but it wouldn't have been easy, despite his height advantage.


The ones I've heard about that tried to put their hands on him regretted it. lol

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 07/05/14 7:38pm

lezama

avatar

Change it one more time..
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 07/05/14 8:48pm

Astasheiks

avatar

morningsong said:

Now you know if some prince fans saw this woman getting ready to go at prince she'd of been introduced to a new level of crazy. I don't know but there's this weird switch that goes off when prince gets disturbed. Talking about it might get her some attention, actually doing it might get her stranded in some barren wasteland, figuratively of course. [Edited 7/5/14 16:20pm]

lol lol lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 07/05/14 8:55pm

mimi02

Anotherlova4Nessa said:

First of all, this "Lil Mo" person needs to undersrand where she is at career wise. AND WHAT I sadly mean is status. Im sure all of us are asking around wondering whom she is and why should would even pick on someone like Prince. IM one of the jehovahs Witnesses. I couldn't help to point out he fact that she took a topic of something that had nothing to do with the situation and turned it into an isult against him. Prince is an old man, ar this stage he is at im almost so sure he didnt feel up to beefing with a younger woman. If ahe gets the upset over a situation that happened over in an bathroom then, you can only imagine how annoyingly ghetto she becomes in a practical situation. I just wish these unknown artist like "Lil Mo" would sit down somewhere and take notes on what it REALLY takes to have a successful career. Im just sayin

I understand your frustration, bringing up his religious affliliation was not appropriate. It's well-known that Prince has plenty of other personality-flaws that would have been better suited for the occassion. But, first I want to let you know that my response is not coming from a place of attack against you or your response. So, please don't read more into it than what's written.

Lil Mo has an attitude problem and it's been well-documented. Musically, she is a R&B/Hip-Hop branded singer who had some good songs in the late 90's/early '00's. Sadly, the mainsteam didn't get an opportunity to appreciate her God-given talent, because of her personal issues and the fact that her music was not in heavy-rotation on the video channels and/or radio. She is a far better singer than the majority of what's out today, but again unless someone ventures outside what's forced on him or her, they will never know. Backstory complete.

Yes, status is everything. Celebs like Prince use and misuse it everyday. Lil Mo isn't some fanatic who was trying to block Prince to get an autograph. The police had no right to push her simply, because Prince wanted the path cleared. I got the impression that she wasn't even thinking about him, she was trying to get to the restroom. The push was completely unnecessary. And the "unknowns" comment about who notes should be taken from. Well, that's really a short list and Prince hasn't earned a spot on it. Better mentors would be Gladys Knight, Patti LaBelle, or Tina Turner. Legends who are known not just for their successful long-standing careers, but for being modest and/or respectful of other artists regardless of status. Because, just as much as Prince is known for his musical genius, he is equally known for being a jerk. We have enough jerks in the entertainment industry, we don't need them guiding any future artists.

All that aside, I believe that the story is just that...a story (lie). Prince wouldn't go to any restroom to relieve him. biggrin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 07/05/14 9:06pm

Astasheiks

avatar

Maybe she should be popping off at the NOLA police instead of Prince for it seems they were the ones that started the incident...

"When she was trying to go to the restroom and Prince was walking by, things nearly POPPED OFF. The NOLA police pushed her back from using the restroom, so that PRINCE could through."

lol

Here's what Lil Mo told us about the incident:

No shade [but] we aint come to see his ass!! Tell that Jehovah's Witness [that] the broad that sings superwoman PT 2 was finna knock his bitch ass OUT. [He has] no songs on the radio. my parents came to essence and fell asleep. he owe me bitch! we LOVE LIL' BOOSIE anyways. he did NOT act like this!!!!! and [he] sells our arenAs. amen


eek smile jam...chick didn't hold back; sounds like she was letting her mouth run

http://mediatakeout.com/249619/its-going-down-rb-diva-lil-mo-was-about-to-fight-prince-at-the-essence-festival.html

[Edited 7/5/14 21:08pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 07/05/14 9:45pm

SoulAlive

let's face it,she's just a nobody "celebrity" that wanted some media attention.Her plan worked.I had never even heard of her before this incident lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 07/05/14 9:48pm

bashraka

http://www.complex.com/music/2014/07/lil-mo-prince-beef-over-bathroom-usage-at-essence-festival?utm_campaign=complexmag+socialflow+07+2014&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

[Edited 7/5/14 21:49pm]

3121 #1 THIS YEAR
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 8 12345678>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Tabloid Rumor: R&B Diva Wanted To Fight Prince