independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Concerts > Prince Headlining Rally 4 Peace Concert in Baltimore!
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 8 of 14 « First<456789101112>Last »

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #210 posted 05/09/15 5:43am

starkitty

bonnie184 said:

all remaining seats are $72 now...excluding the $497 seats.



*kind* of infuriating
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #211 posted 05/09/15 7:57am

S3V3N

Hoping to hear these played...

Crystal Ball

The Cross

Sign O' The Times

Positivity

Love... Thy Will Be Done

Dear Mr. Man

Dreamer / Back 2 the Lotus

The Love We Make

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #212 posted 05/09/15 8:05am

CarolineC

For anybody still on the fence, there are some single floor level seats for $72 available now. Wish I lived closer!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #213 posted 05/09/15 12:53pm

paperposter

bonnie184 said:

all remaining seats are $72 now...excluding the $497 seats.

fire sale to sell the tickets

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #214 posted 05/09/15 3:00pm

feeluupp

Anybody know if it's sold out yet... Or will the attendance be low?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #215 posted 05/09/15 5:10pm

paperposter

feeluupp said:

Anybody know if it's sold out yet... Or will the attendance be low?

they never sold the whole building it was scaled at half capacity basicly.im sure if you go to the door there will seats on sale, thats why they dropped the price to try to move them they werent selling

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #216 posted 05/09/15 7:35pm

inspireof

avatar

starkitty said:

bonnie184 said:

all remaining seats are $72 now...excluding the $497 seats.

*kind* of infuriating

If I were U i'd call ticketcrookster and ask for a price adjustment smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #217 posted 05/09/15 8:14pm

appleseed

Marz is a much more powerful song that Baltimore, hope he opens the concert with it. It's calls for personal responsibility those engaging in violence, rioting and vandalizing their city have not done while peaceful demonstrators voices and solutions get lost in the mayhem.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #218 posted 05/09/15 11:01pm

inspireof

avatar

Pretty cool shirt painted by a local artist for the occasion smile

https://instagram.com/demontpinder/

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #219 posted 05/10/15 3:55am

Bluu

herb4 said:

I offered to buy my Mom tickets for the show as a Mother's Day present but she's scared to death to go. Chocolate covered strawberries it is. Now I'm trying to find a song where Prince sings about mothers and coming up empty.

"Make Your Mama Happy" is the only one that comes to mind, though it's just a couple of lines that are dedicated to yo Mama (& mine!) cool
.
They're not "Prince songs", but I'm recommending a couple others for your consideration:
  1. Andre Cymone's "My Best Friend," an accoustic number dedicated to his late mother (and Prince's unofficial foster mother, for newbie fans who may not know), Bernadette, released in May 2013 for her birthday.
  2. "Mama" by the Spice Girls (SG). (Don't knock it 'till you try it. SG albums are very commercial, but IMO solid and effectively written dance-pop; the music is much stronger than their singing.) Real pretty song with lyrics that your mother will appreciate. It's my favorite SG song because of the heavy, early to mid-'90's Prince influence (think Martika's Kitchen), which is why I'm mentioning it here.
On topic: Heard "Baltimore" and thoroughly enjoyed it (that should come as a surprise to no one LOL). I think it's just about perfect for how the song is meant to serve in light of current tensions in that city and nationally. A hint of "SST", a hint more of "Resolution", that distinctive 3EG sound, the vocal arrangements on Eryn's parts are super (read in the other forum that she is a vocal arranger herself, but it sure sounds like quintessential Prince arrangements to me--definitely need to listen many more times). The "no justice, no peace" chants are direct and focused, without being incendiary--appropriate for non-violent protest--and will allow Prince to engage the audience, as well as give them the opportunity to merge the voices of many into a rallying cry for civil rights and freedom from unecessary and unwarranted violence and abuse by those paid and entrusted to protect.
.
I read other's comments in the other forum and I'm aware there are many orgers feeling jaded about this song but I am VERY down with it. I think P. did a wonderful job on it. I think if folks on this site give it a few more listens, and when they get to hear it performed live tonight in its proper milieu at the rally for peace, they will start to warm up to it.
.
Happy Mothers' Day to my mom, Prince's and Andre's moms in spirit (love to Mattie & Bernadette), and to all your moms as well! heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #220 posted 05/10/15 5:26am

xenophobia2002

I am interested in used concert tickets from this Baltimore show !!!

I AM LOOKING FOR USED PRINCE CONCERT TICKETS ... https://www.facebook.com/...erttickets
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #221 posted 05/10/15 8:55am

starkitty

herb4 said:


"Reflection" might be nice



Now I'm trying to find a song where Prince sings about mothers and coming up empty.


I think you called it right there. and if he sings that (I can't even imagine if he did it with Wendy again) I will cry my eyeballs out.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #222 posted 05/10/15 8:57am

starkitty

inspireof said:



starkitty said:


bonnie184 said:

all remaining seats are $72 now...excluding the $497 seats.



*kind* of infuriating


If I were U i'd call ticketcrookster and ask for a price adjustment smile



yeah, I looked and they spell it out - if there's a price drop they won't refund the difference. they also won't refund at all within 7 days.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #223 posted 05/10/15 9:03am

Fury

avatar

The show is pretty much sold out-- the random tickets that keep popping up are probably the ones that scalpers initially snagged but it's gonna be terribly difficult to get rid of-- you can just bring your smartphone or print them at home.
I'm picking out my outfit now -- I really wanted to rock my NPG jersey
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #224 posted 05/10/15 9:35am

Astasheiks

avatar

inspireof said:

Pretty cool shirt painted by a local artist for the occasion smile

https://instagram.com/demontpinder/

That's really nice!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #225 posted 05/10/15 10:08am

Astasheiks

avatar

What time is the live stream?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #226 posted 05/10/15 10:22am

7roses

avatar

Eryn Allen Kane WILL perform with Prince today at "Rally 4 Peace" at the Royal Farms Arena in Baltimore! cool

.

https://instagram.com/p/2gmqYJNNIJ/

.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #227 posted 05/10/15 10:24am

7roses

avatar

Astasheiks said:

What time is the live stream?

.

8pm EST

.

http://tidal.com

.

[Edited 5/10/15 10:26am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #228 posted 05/10/15 10:38am

2013MW

Bluu said:



herb4 said:



I offered to buy my Mom tickets for the show as a Mother's Day present but she's scared to death to go. Chocolate covered strawberries it is. Now I'm trying to find a song where Prince sings about mothers and coming up empty.





"Make Your Mama Happy" is the only one that comes to mind, though it's just a couple of lines that are dedicated to yo Mama (& mine!) cool

.

They're not "Prince songs", but I'm recommending a couple others for your consideration:

  1. Andre Cymone's "My Best Friend," an accoustic number dedicated to his late mother (and Prince's unofficial foster mother, for newbie fans who may not know), Bernadette, released in May 2013 for her birthday.

  2. "Mama" by the Spice Girls (SG). (Don't knock it 'till you try it. SG albums are very commercial, but IMO solid and effectively written dance-pop; the music is much stronger than their singing.) Real pretty song with lyrics that your mother will appreciate. It's my favorite SG song because of the heavy, early to mid-'90's Prince influence (think Martika's Kitchen), which is why I'm mentioning it here.

On topic: Heard "Baltimore" and thoroughly enjoyed it (that should come as a surprise to no one LOL). I think it's just about perfect for how the song is meant to serve in light of current tensions in that city and nationally. A hint of "SST", a hint more of "Resolution", that distinctive 3EG sound, the vocal arrangements on Eryn's parts are super (read in the other forum that she is a vocal arranger herself, but it sure sounds like quintessential Prince arrangements to me--definitely need to listen many more times). The "no justice, no peace" chants are direct and focused, without being incendiary--appropriate for non-violent protest--and will allow Prince to engage the audience, as well as give them the opportunity to merge the voices of many into a rallying cry for civil rights and freedom from unecessary and unwarranted violence and abuse by those paid and entrusted to protect.

.

I read other's comments in the other forum and I'm aware there are many orgers feeling jaded about this song but I am VERY down with it. I think P. did a wonderful job on it. I think if folks on this site give it a few more listens, and when they get to hear it performed live tonight in its proper milieu at the rally for peace, they will start to warm up to it.

.

Happy Mothers' Day to my mom, Prince's and Andre's moms in spirit (love to Mattie & Bernadette), and to all your moms as well! heart

sound more like Cinnamon Girl
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #229 posted 05/10/15 11:01am

Astasheiks

avatar

For you youngins on here, check out Curtis Mayfield's : "Freddie's Dead"...

released in 1988 and now its 2015!!!! eek crysball

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #230 posted 05/10/15 11:13am

PopeLeo

avatar

Astasheiks said:

For you youngins on here, check out Curtis Mayfield's : "Freddie's Dead"...



released in 1988 and now its 2015!!!! eek crysball



That song is on the Super Fly soundtrack, so originally released in 1972.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #231 posted 05/10/15 11:13am

ficktyt

starkitty said:

herb4 said:

"Reflection" might be nice

Now I'm trying to find a song where Prince sings about mothers and coming up empty.
I think you called it right there. and if he sings that (I can't even imagine if he did it with Wendy again) I will cry my eyeballs out.

Sexy MF is a song about mothers! biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #232 posted 05/10/15 11:18am

Astasheiks

avatar

PopeLeo said:

Astasheiks said:

For you youngins on here, check out Curtis Mayfield's : "Freddie's Dead"...

released in 1988 and now its 2015!!!! eek crysball

That song is on the Super Fly soundtrack, so originally released in 1972.

You're right, My bad. '88 was talking about Mayfield Live in Europe album.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #233 posted 05/10/15 11:23am

herb4

avatar

Zannaloaf said:

herb4 said:

as a Mother's Day present but she's scared to death to go.



why?

From many pages back. Sorry I missed this post.

.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume it has something to do with her being 68 years old, alone and white in an area that's had a few problems with...um..."crowd control" as of late. PLus she says that logistically and in terms of infrastructure (navigating the roads), Baltimore is a nightmare and you can wind up in the wrong place very easily.

.

TL/DR: She's old, alone and vulnerable in a city she's not too familiar with and doesn't feel safe.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #234 posted 05/10/15 11:32am

jdcxc

ficktyt said:



starkitty said:


herb4 said:

"Reflection" might be nice


Now I'm trying to find a song where Prince sings about mothers and coming up empty.

I think you called it right there. and if he sings that (I can't even imagine if he did it with Wendy again) I will cry my eyeballs out.



Sexy MF is a song about mothers! biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin



Funny as Hell...lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #235 posted 05/10/15 11:37am

herb4

avatar

ficktyt said:

starkitty said:

herb4 said: I think you called it right there. and if he sings that (I can't even imagine if he did it with Wendy again) I will cry my eyeballs out.

Sexy MF is a song about mothers! biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

OK. That made me laugh.

.

Seriously though, as far as a set list (and he's only got an hour), I want him to leave Third Eye Girl and the party/rock/funk out of it and do a stripped down acoustic set on a stool like he did on the Musicology tour. I think SOTT is a no brainer. Baltimore is obviously the opener or closer. "Reflection", again, would be really good. So sould "Positivity". A few covers..."What's Goin On"...someone mentioned "Freddie's Dead"...How about "Come on People" by Buffalo Springfield?

.

What about "The Love We Make", and "The Truth"? Even "God"? "Way Back Home"? Ohh...ooo...I got one!!!

.

"Count the Days"!

.

Somthing about him wearing grey, looking totally subdued and quiet, alone on a stool with an acoustic set would destroy. Break out the band for "Baltimore" and "SOTT". Maybe close with "We March?"

[Edited 5/10/15 11:40am]

[Edited 5/10/15 11:41am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #236 posted 05/10/15 11:39am

S3V3N

Jesse Johnson's "Black In America"?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #237 posted 05/10/15 12:17pm

ficktyt

second row section 2 popping up. Should i jump in the car and drive down from NYC?????

UGH

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #238 posted 05/10/15 12:22pm

7roses

avatar

LOL...Tidal asking the #Princearmy to share photos on Twitter, better not tell Prince... razz

.

https://twitter.com/TIDAL...1605684224

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #239 posted 05/10/15 1:35pm

7roses

avatar

There ya go...that's the way Prince likes his concerts... razz

.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 8 of 14 « First<456789101112>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Concerts > Prince Headlining Rally 4 Peace Concert in Baltimore!