independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 15th Dec 2019 12:36pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Concerts > Prince in Brabanthallen ?!
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 2 <12
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 08/03/10 5:06am

Bohemian67

avatar

That's good news, though I'd also prefer HKN music hall. Easier for him too to get to A'dam centre for an aftershow.

"Free URself, B the best that U can B, 3rd Apartment from the Sun, nothing left to fear" Prince Rogers Nelson - Forever in my Life -
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 08/03/10 6:44am

udo

avatar

Trashcat said:

The fact Amsterdam was chosen as location for this concert arena was because Amsterdam is a more apealing city for big artists to include in their concert tour. Utrecht would be the best location for most Dutchmen. (but who knows Utrecht outside of our country?) Amsterdam is a great brandname to use for a concert arena.

Eindhoven would be more worse as a location instead of Amsterdam in my opinion.

Of course the crowd, the people, the pubblic is not important anymore.

A nice venue at a nice spot, with not too much concrete around, is out of the question....

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill... If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 08/03/10 6:48am

Trashcat

avatar

udo said:

Trashcat said:

The fact Amsterdam was chosen as location for this concert arena was because Amsterdam is a more apealing city for big artists to include in their concert tour. Utrecht would be the best location for most Dutchmen. (but who knows Utrecht outside of our country?) Amsterdam is a great brandname to use for a concert arena.

Eindhoven would be more worse as a location instead of Amsterdam in my opinion.

Of course the crowd, the people, the pubblic is not important anymore.

A nice venue at a nice spot, with not too much concrete around, is out of the question....

I would prefer driving to Amsterdam instead of Eindhoven from my place (Dordrecht/Gorinchem).

But thats just a matter of personal taste wink.

Amsterdam is just more apealing to big artists then Eindhoven/Utrecht, I'd rather have an artist coming to a bad location instead of not coming at all razz

Have a look at 'The W2A: Euro Tour Song Survey' http://prince.org/msg/12/362417
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 08/03/10 7:02am

udo

avatar

Trashcat said:

I would prefer driving to Amsterdam instead of Eindhoven from my place (Dordrecht/Gorinchem).

But thats just a matter of personal taste wink.

I am from a similar area. Yet I do think that Amsterdam is to be avoided when possible.

Amsterdam is just more apealing to big artists then Eindhoven/Utrecht, I'd rather have an artist coming to a bad location instead of not coming at all razz

You sound a bit too eager... lol

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill... If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 08/03/10 11:57am

Trashcat

avatar

udo said:

Trashcat said:

I would prefer driving to Amsterdam instead of Eindhoven from my place (Dordrecht/Gorinchem).

But thats just a matter of personal taste wink.

I am from a similar area. Yet I do think that Amsterdam is to be avoided when possible.

Amsterdam is just more apealing to big artists then Eindhoven/Utrecht, I'd rather have an artist coming to a bad location instead of not coming at all razz

You sound a bit too eager... lol

Haha,

Love the discussion.

I have preferences for the location, but Amsterdam or not Amsterdam, I'm attending Prince wink lol

Have a look at 'The W2A: Euro Tour Song Survey' http://prince.org/msg/12/362417
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 08/03/10 12:11pm

wtpooh

HI

THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME KNOW WHERE THE ZIGGO DOME AND HMH !

SO NOW I KNOW WHERE TO BE WHEN HE IS COMING...

ACTUALLY MY BACK YARD WOULD BE PERFECT !!!

biggrin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 08/04/10 1:39pm

kevos

Would love to travel abroad to see Prince but unless it is a properly organized tour with an established big promoter (meaning he cant easily pull out at the last minuet) I just wouldnt risk it. One off gigs are too big a risk for both fans and promoters.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 08/05/10 1:23am

SmearMrTroof

avatar

Trashcat said:

udo said:

Eindhoven would be more worse as a location instead of Amsterdam in my opinion.

Of course there's still a bunch of people Welcoming Prince To Eindhoven! And when he comes here, He Loves Everybody That Night and Everybody Loves Him. Stop complaining about sites, be glad IF he comes to Holland at all.

Okay - The Brabanthallen left out - there's better venues than that!

Come 2 Eindhoven

What do you mean it's not in the computer?

www.elephin.blogspot.com
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 08/05/10 2:27am

udo

avatar

kevos said:

Would love to travel abroad to see Prince but unless it is a properly organized tour with an established big promoter (meaning he cant easily pull out at the last minuet) I just wouldnt risk it. One off gigs are too big a risk for both fans and promoters.

Yes, there were some issues, one of which is being resolved as we write this, but perhaps you are overly careful when planning trips.
You could see 7 concerts. 10 if you count the extra stuff. (brussel, paris, cannes)
Where were you?
Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill... If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 08/05/10 8:26am

JeePee

avatar

udo said:

Trashcat said:

The ziggo dome isn't build yet, but will be an 15.600capacity Arena next to the Amsterdam Arena and the HMH

What idiots chose that location?

In the same old unusable and expensive part of the country?

Why not next to the Ahoy or the Effenaar?

Amsterdam is not the center of the country, they even pretend the crisis is over, over there. (yes, house prices are rising again... there)

But aside from that criticism: ETA for that hall?

That location was taken because Amsterdam did not have any hall in the 15.000 capacity range. It's HMH, 5000+ or ArenA 50000+. Nothing in between.

ETA is the end of 2011

http://www.ziggodome.nl/

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 08/10/10 6:00pm

dJJ

Amsterdam is a good choice because it is easy to reach by plane/ train/ ferry 4 fans outside Holland. And it's easy to find a hotel/ hostel.

Heineken Music Hall concerts are seldom great, I somehow feel big distance between artist and audiance. Or maybe that was just bad luck several times?

Best stages in Amsterdam are Melkweg and Paradiso. However, are not very large venues and the costs of tickets would be outrageous with P his compensation demands.

I also love Tivoli in Utrecht and Paard in The Hague.

I'm broke, so don't know how I could pay 4 a ticket, but would do anything (almost) to be present!

I think it would be great if he would perform in Holland. No matter where bananadance

Ik wil een koekje!

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 08/11/10 7:20am

dJJ

Is a fall 2010 concert in Holland confirmed yet?

Peferably with the signature and promise to actually show up by P. himself, otherwise I still consider the news as another hoax...

[Edited 8/11/10 7:20am]

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 08/11/10 7:39am

udo

avatar

dJJ said:

Is a fall 2010 concert in Holland confirmed yet?

Peferably with the signature and promise to actually show up by P. himself, otherwise I still consider the news as another hoax...

So far it is rumour, hoax or whatever you call it.

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill... If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 08/11/10 8:57am

Trashcat

avatar

As far as I can see,

The Ahoy in Rotterdam is available in Octobre and Novembre.

Reconstruction still takes place, but the venue is available.

(only not the seats in the back of the arena).

Have a look at 'The W2A: Euro Tour Song Survey' http://prince.org/msg/12/362417
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 08/12/10 8:18am

dJJ

well, if anybody knows, please send me an org mail!

Absolutely don't want to be late with purchasing a ticket.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 08/25/10 7:21am

rdiecke

Hi, still no update.

My contact is on vacation so i hope to post an update in a week or 2

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 08/25/10 11:10pm

xenophobia2002

rdiecke said:

Hi, still no update.

My contact is on vacation so i hope to post an update in a week or 2

I doubt this rumoured show will ever take place

I AM LOOKING FOR USED PRINCE CONCERT TICKETS ... https://www.facebook.com/...erttickets
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 08/26/10 8:28am

udo

avatar

xenophobia2002 said:

rdiecke said:

Hi, still no update.

My contact is on vacation so i hope to post an update in a week or 2

I doubt this rumoured show will ever take place

Why not? It was explained that it was the only logical place to do a show...

in the Netherlands.

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill... If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 08/27/10 10:16am

ewald

avatar

I sure hope he'll do Paradiso again like back in 1996, what a show....

Thank God this ain't Monopoly
U'd make us all go back 2 start
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 08/27/10 10:27am

udo

avatar

ewald said:

I sure hope he'll do Paradiso again like back in 1996, what a show....

Yes, you can dream. But first we need reliable info's. Anyone?

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill... If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 08/28/10 11:09am

Madonnagirl3

avatar

I don't think he's coming this year, i think maybe next year. I hope he comes to Ahoy or something smaller like HMH.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 09/16/10 11:12am

rdiecke

Okay, here is an update.

I am sad to tell you that no booking is to be found in the agenda of any Libema Venue.

Sorry folks, but keep the faith ......

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 09/17/10 2:41am

remko

avatar

rdiecke said:

Okay, here is an update.

I am sad to tell you that no booking is to be found in the agenda of any Libema Venue.

Sorry folks, but keep the faith ......

bored

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 2 <12
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Concerts > Prince in Brabanthallen ?!