independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > My computer is SO OLD that...
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 06/11/11 3:31pm

BobGeorge909

avatar

My computer is SO OLD that...

...when I type "old as Moses" i get a wavy red line under it.

really tho...my comp is so old I can't burn a dvd...i can burn a cd and read a dvd...but can't burn dvd. My roomate STARTED to talk shit till I reminded him who needs the dvd.

can y'all come up with some " 'Yo 'Puter "(Your Computer)jokes

speaking of my goddamn roommate.

His dad sent him some kinda system disc cuz his comp wont start. Also sent him a bunch of DVD-R's to make copies and whatnot. Well this fucker can't get off the damn couch to look for a job, but the second these discs got here, this fool was off the couch quicker than Rainman can count toothpicks.

[Edited 6/11/11 15:33pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 06/11/11 3:43pm

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

avatar

Yo 'Puter is so old...I bet it still has the original NPGMC website in your browser's history. lol

Here's what bothers ME:

Prince died of an overdose of the drug Fentanyl. Of which, it is very highly fucking likely that he never even knew he'd taken.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 06/11/11 3:50pm

BobGeorge909

avatar

HatrinaHaterwitz said:

Yo 'Puter is so old...I bet it still has the original NPGMC website in your browser's history. lol

shit...it has Love41Another on it

i just checked...my computer is NINE years old...wow...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 06/11/11 3:58pm

Joyinrepatitio
n

avatar

  1. You need to buy a Mac.... wink
  2. For no reason whatsoever your car would crash twice a day.
  3. Every time they repainted the lines on the road you would have to buy a new car.
  4. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason, and you would just accept this, restart and drive on.
  5. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn, would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.
  6. Only one person at a time could use the car, unless you bought"Car95" or "CarNT." But then you would have to buy more seats.
  7. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, reliable, five times as fast, and twice as easy to drive, but would only run on five per cent of the roads.
  8. The oil, water temperature and alternator warning lights would be replaced by a single "general car default" warning light.
  9. New seats would force everyone to have the same size butt.
  10. The airbag system would say "Are you sure?" before going off.
  11. Occasionally, and for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key, and grab hold of the radio antenna.
  12. GM would require all car buyers to also purchase a deluxe set of Rand McNally road maps (now a GM subsidiary), even though they neither need them nor want them. Attempting to delete this option would immediately cause the car's performance to diminish by 50% or more. Moreover, GM would become a target for investigation by the Justice Department.
  13. Everytime GM introduced a new model car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.
  14. You'd press the "start" button to shut off the engine.
  15. Im sorry i thought you said cock! ( INSERT JOKE )

[Edited 6/11/11 16:01pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 06/11/11 4:29pm

ZombieKitten

Occasionally, and for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key, and grab hold of the radio antenna.


My car actually does this mad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 06/11/11 4:54pm

BobGeorge909

avatar

Joyinrepatition said:

  1. You need to buy a Mac.... wink
  2. For no reason whatsoever your car would crash twice a day.
  3. Every time they repainted the lines on the road you would have to buy a new car.
  4. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason, and you would just accept this, restart and drive on.
  5. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn, would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.
  6. Only one person at a time could use the car, unless you bought"Car95" or "CarNT." But then you would have to buy more seats.
  7. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, reliable, five times as fast, and twice as easy to drive, but would only run on five per cent of the roads.
  8. The oil, water temperature and alternator warning lights would be replaced by a single "general car default" warning light.
  9. New seats would force everyone to have the same size butt.
  10. The airbag system would say "Are you sure?" before going off.
  11. Occasionally, and for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key, and grab hold of the radio antenna.
  12. GM would require all car buyers to also purchase a deluxe set of Rand McNally road maps (now a GM subsidiary), even though they neither need them nor want them. Attempting to delete this option would immediately cause the car's performance to diminish by 50% or more. Moreover, GM would become a target for investigation by the Justice Department.
  13. Everytime GM introduced a new model car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.
  14. You'd press the "start" button to shut off the engine.
  15. Im sorry i thought you said cock! ( INSERT JOKE )

[Edited 6/11/11 16:01pm]

it IS a mac...lol.

My roommates MUCH newer laptop is a big paperweight now...HD's a fried or something

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 06/11/11 6:54pm

728huey

avatar

HatrinaHaterwitz said:

Yo 'Puter is so old...I bet it still has the original NPGMC website in your browser's history. lol

Yo 'Puter is so old....it still needs a floppy to boot up. spit falloff grandpa pc typing

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 06/11/11 7:09pm

JoeTyler

Dell 2002 Pentium IV 2 GHz 256 RAM

Windows XP Service Pack 3 Google Chrome

10 Mb Internet

nVidia 3

shrug

This is the PC I use for the Internet, basically

and don't play videogames that much now, but I own a PS3...

tinkerbell
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 06/11/11 7:18pm

imago

Yo computer so old you before you logged into the org you had to type: Load, "Safari.app", 8, 1

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 06/11/11 7:40pm

KingBAD

i have to hold my laptop

by the back so it doesn't black out.

somettimes while i'm typin,

the words pop up in previous

sentences...

no, really

i am KING BAD!!!
you are NOT...
evilking
"KingBAD, well you are just a troll" (an emotional fan)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 06/11/11 7:49pm

kewlschool

avatar

Yo computer so old you got to rub up against it to turn it on.

neutral

99.9% of everything I say is strictly for my own entertainment
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 06/11/11 7:51pm

BobGeorge909

avatar

imago said:

Yo computer so old you before you logged into the org you had to type: Load, "Safari.app", 8, 1


WOW whofarted

it's an e-mac that I have...2002...1.25 GHz Pwr PC 768 MB DDR SDRAM

I can't upgrade my browser to anything useful...I don't even know what flash is anymore....lol. The only browsers I can get Facebook to load up on is Opera and Camino...camino has become my new goto...it used to be opera for a minut but it was too heavy and kept forcequitting or whatever.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 06/11/11 7:51pm

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

avatar

728huey said:

HatrinaHaterwitz said:

Yo 'Puter is so old...I bet it still has the original NPGMC website in your browser's history. lol

Yo 'Puter is so old....it still needs a floppy to boot up. spit falloff grandpa pc typing

falloff

Yo 'Puter is so old...you just upgraded to 124kb of RAM. Whew F..............A............S............T! lol

Here's what bothers ME:

Prince died of an overdose of the drug Fentanyl. Of which, it is very highly fucking likely that he never even knew he'd taken.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 06/11/11 7:54pm

KingBAD

ok, ok...

my laptop soooooooooo old

that if i carry it by the handle

it looks like a suitcase...

i am KING BAD!!!
you are NOT...
evilking
"KingBAD, well you are just a troll" (an emotional fan)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 06/11/11 7:56pm

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

avatar

KingBAD said:

ok, ok...

my laptop soooooooooo old

that if i carry it by the handle

it looks like a suitcase...

falloff

Here's what bothers ME:

Prince died of an overdose of the drug Fentanyl. Of which, it is very highly fucking likely that he never even knew he'd taken.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 06/11/11 8:00pm

imago

You computer so old, it's network card mac address is 1.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 06/11/11 8:07pm

BobGeorge909

avatar

imago said:

You computer so old, it's network card mac address is 1.

DING DING DING DING DING DING WINNER WINNER WINNER

that was GENIUS!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 06/11/11 8:09pm

728huey

avatar

BobGeorge909 said:

imago said:

You computer so old, it's network card mac address is 1.

DING DING DING DING DING DING WINNER WINNER WINNER

that was GENIUS!

Now that's some true geek stuff! falloff geek typing

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 06/11/11 8:10pm

KingBAD

BobGeorge909 said:

imago said:

You computer so old, it's network card mac address is 1.

DING DING DING DING DING DING WINNER WINNER WINNER

that was GENIUS!

i'll check my punch cards and tape

to see if i agree

i am KING BAD!!!
you are NOT...
evilking
"KingBAD, well you are just a troll" (an emotional fan)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 06/11/11 8:15pm

RenHoek

avatar

moderator

yo 'puter is so old it's called a Difference Engine...

grandpa

A working class Hero is something to be ~ Lennon
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 06/11/11 8:38pm

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

avatar

728huey said:

BobGeorge909 said:

DING DING DING DING DING DING WINNER WINNER WINNER

that was GENIUS!

Now that's some true geek stuff! falloff geek typing

yeahthat

Here's what bothers ME:

Prince died of an overdose of the drug Fentanyl. Of which, it is very highly fucking likely that he never even knew he'd taken.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 06/12/11 1:03am

TonyVanDam

avatar

My desktop computer is exactly 10-years-old.

When I first brought it 10 years ago from Gateway, it had Windows ME on it. I would upgrade my OS to Windows XP and add more RAM (512 MB max.) within a few months time. By early 2009, I would make the switch to a few Linux Distros such as Ubuntu & Linux Mint. I also had to install a DVD-ROM player just to make that transition! As it stands in 2011, I have Linux Mint Debian Edition as my current OS.

I will invest in a new laptop computer in due time.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 06/12/11 7:15am

shorttrini

avatar

kewlschool said:

Yo computer so old you got to rub up against it to turn it on.

neutral

Hey! That sounds, JUST like my ex.... lol lol

"Love is like peeing in your pants, everyone sees it but only you feel its warmth"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 06/12/11 7:44am

NMuzakNSoul

I just got a new computer after I had the other one for four years. It's a beast. i7-2600 (3.4 ghz) ; 6GB DDR3 ; HD5670

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 06/13/11 1:23am

physco185

your puta is sooooooooooooooo old shrug

[Edited 6/13/11 1:24am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 06/13/11 4:30am

purpledoveuk

Your putas so old Adam got hard before your drive did
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 06/13/11 5:09am

bigd74

avatar

JoeTyler said:

Dell 2002 Pentium IV 2 GHz 256 RAM

Windows XP Service Pack 3 Google Chrome

10 Mb Internet

nVidia 3

shrug

This is the PC I use for the Internet, basically

and don't play videogames that much now, but I own a PS3...

at least you have xp, this is my work pc

Windows 2000

Service Pack 3

Intel(R)Pentium

(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHZ

260.080RAM

and is sloooooooow!

smile

She Believed in Fairytales and Princes, He Believed the voices coming from his stereo

If I Said You Had A Beautiful Body Would You Hold It Against Me?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 06/13/11 5:15am

TD3

avatar

bigd74 said:

JoeTyler said:

Dell 2002 Pentium IV 2 GHz 256 RAM

Windows XP Service Pack 3 Google Chrome

10 Mb Internet

nVidia 3

shrug

This is the PC I use for the Internet, basically

and don't play videogames that much now, but I own a PS3...

at least you have xp, this is my work pc

Windows 2000

Service Pack 3

Intel(R)Pentium

(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHZ

260.080RAM

and is sloooooooow!

smile

Come on now, can't "we" buy some RAM to give it a lil' mo' boost. lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 06/13/11 6:10am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

New comps are cheap, what the fuck?

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 06/13/11 6:28am

purpledoveuk

purpledoveuk said:

Your putas so old Adam got hard before your drive did



I've just realised that makes no sense
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > My computer is SO OLD that...