independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 23rd Sep 2018 1:32pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Madonna "apologize"
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 4 1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 07/09/18 5:33pm

willie

Madonna "apologize"

video on madonna on now"apologize"could be new music comin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 07/09/18 8:04pm

SoulAlive

Madonna has finished her new album and the rumored title is ‘Magic’
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 07/10/18 1:09am

DaveT

avatar

SoulAlive said:

Madonna has finished her new album and the rumored title is ‘Magic


Didn't Springsteen beat her to that title? smile

www.filmsfilmsfilms.co.uk - The internet's best movie site!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 07/10/18 1:22am

SoulAlive

DaveT said:

SoulAlive said:

Madonna has finished her new album and the rumored title is ‘Magic


Didn't Springsteen beat her to that title? smile

smile

what's interesting is that,she worked with Mirwais again.He produced several tracks.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 07/10/18 1:24am

SoulAlive

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 07/10/18 1:28am

SoulAlive

Could this be the artwork for Madonna's upcoming single "Beautiful Game"? hmmm

Image result for madonna beautiful game

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 07/10/18 1:33am

LightOfArt

SoulAlive said:

DaveT said:


Didn't Springsteen beat her to that title? smile

smile

what's interesting is that,she worked with Mirwais again.He produced several tracks.

Who are the other collaborators? I was hoping it would mostly be produced by Mirwais. I love American Life

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 07/10/18 1:35am

SoulAlive

willie said:

video on madonna on now"apologize"

I'm not sure what this is all about,but here's that video you mentioned.Could this be a teaser for the new single? Or,could it be part of an upcoming music video?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 07/10/18 1:41am

SoulAlive

LightOfArt said:

SoulAlive said:

smile

what's interesting is that,she worked with Mirwais again.He produced several tracks.

Who are the other collaborators? I was hoping it would mostly be produced by Mirwais. I love American Life

The other collaborator is a Canadian producer named Billboard (real name Mathieu Jomphe-Lepine)...the guy responsible for "Ghosttown",a single from her last album.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 07/10/18 2:03am

SoulAlive

A clip of Madonna performing "Beautiful Game" at the recent Met Gala.It's a ballad,but there's a rumor that the version she releases will actually be an uptempo track.This song was produced by Mirwais.

It's a beautiful plan

But I'm not concerned

It's a beautiful game

That I never learned

You have taught me to shut my mouth

Better not get burned

Keep your beautiful lies

Cause I'm not concerned


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 07/10/18 2:12am

SoulAlive

image.png

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 07/10/18 8:14am

DaveT

avatar

Mirawais did some of her more interesting tracks so that bodes well.

I'm a huge fan so I'll hoover up whatever she releases, but for the sake of her career I hope the next release isn't just another Hard Candy / MDNA / lesser parts of Rebel Heart facsimile. I think everyone is hungry for something a bit 'different' from Madonna.

www.filmsfilmsfilms.co.uk - The internet's best movie site!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 07/10/18 8:14am

TrivialPursuit

SoulAlive said:

Madonna has finished her new album and the rumored title is ‘Magic’


Yeah, she's been in Lisbon most of the year working on music and making shitty Instagram/Twitter/Tumblr/Facebook posts. I'm always optimistic about Madge's releases, but Rebel Heart was a huge letdown. I've never been able to listen to the whole thing in one sitting. MDNA grew on me but I liked it more after I saw the tour video. My two worst albums for her are American Life and Hard Candy. Anything is better than those. I don't care if she does something ethnic or whatever sounding, but if she starts pulling out air horns like "Unapologetic Bitch" or a FIFA tournament, I'm done.

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 07/10/18 8:35am

TrivialPursuit

DaveT said:

Mirawais did some of her more interesting tracks so that bodes well.

I'm a huge fan so I'll hoover up whatever she releases, but for the sake of her career I hope the next release isn't just another Hard Candy / MDNA / lesser parts of Rebel Heart facsimile. I think everyone is hungry for something a bit 'different' from Madonna.


Mirawais does give me more hope. I would agree that we want something different from her. Once she got on the electronica kick, she's been a dog with a bone. Twenty-years of chasing EDM festivals on CD is enough already. Does Maxwell or Jill Scott have any outtakes they can give her? I mean, anything but another Diplo-meets-band-of-gypsies-in-Romania record, please.

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 07/10/18 1:41pm

paisleypark4

avatar

I will have low expectations as usual...then I am not let down. I havent liked an album all the way from her since Hard Candy (loved it). Rebel Heart was a skip fest but had good moments. Looking to see this video though.

Download all the shit hop that you can for your kids, neices, nephews, and their friends also. That will prevent them from going out and buying it and will prevent some shit hop sales. Every little bit helps - Andy
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 07/10/18 1:48pm

Marrk

avatar

SoulAlive said:

willie said:

video on madonna on now"apologize"

I'm not sure what this is all about,but here's that video you mentioned.Could this be a teaser for the new single? Or,could it be part of an upcoming music video?

She needs to drop that stupid, grating accent.

Yeah, we'll, we'll try to imagine what silence looks like.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 07/10/18 6:05pm

willie

DaveT said:

SoulAlive said:

Madonna has finished her new album and the rumored title is ‘Magic


Didn't Springsteen beat her to that title? smile

thanks 4 the info on "magic" dave t....good looking out

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 07/11/18 2:15am

DaveT

avatar

willie said:

DaveT said:


Didn't Springsteen beat her to that title? smile

thanks 4 the info on "magic" dave t....good looking out


You're more than welcome my friend! biggrin

www.filmsfilmsfilms.co.uk - The internet's best movie site!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 07/11/18 8:10am

thedoorkeeper

Lovin the pigtails
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 07/11/18 1:22pm

IstenSzek

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

SoulAlive said:

Madonna has finished her new album and the rumored title is ‘Magic’


Yeah, she's been in Lisbon most of the year working on music and making shitty Instagram/Twitter/Tumblr/Facebook posts. I'm always optimistic about Madge's releases, but Rebel Heart was a huge letdown. I've never been able to listen to the whole thing in one sitting. MDNA grew on me but I liked it more after I saw the tour video. My two worst albums for her are American Life and Hard Candy. Anything is better than those. I don't care if she does something ethnic or whatever sounding, but if she starts pulling out air horns like "Unapologetic Bitch" or a FIFA tournament, I'm done.

seriously! lol i've always listened to her new music and i like what she (sometimes) has to
say in her music.

but her online presence has made me doubt her whole being lol seriously, w-----t------f??


and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 07/11/18 2:18pm

SoulAlive

Marrk said:

SoulAlive said:

I'm not sure what this is all about,but here's that video you mentioned.Could this be a teaser for the new single? Or,could it be part of an upcoming music video?

She needs to drop that stupid, grating accent.

lol I agree.....not sure why she's doing that silly accent again

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 07/11/18 2:35pm

IstenSzek

avatar

did anyone watch the comedy series "shitts creek"? the mother of that family,
she must be based on madonna, right? from the clothing to the hair to the
weird ott accent lol


and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 07/11/18 4:20pm

SoulAlive

paisleypark4 said:

I havent liked an album all the way from her since Hard Candy (loved it).


I loved it too biggrin That album is a lot of fun....a party album.I actually would love for her to work with Pharrell again.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 07/11/18 4:53pm

badujunkie

avatar

SoulAlive said:

paisleypark4 said:
I havent liked an album all the way from her since Hard Candy (loved it).
I loved it too biggrin That album is a lot of fun....a party album.I actually would love for her to work with Pharrell again.

+1

Also love to see her work with

Tyler The Creator

The Internet/Syd

Jam & Lewis

Dam Funk

Butch Vig

Repeated welcomes would be

Benny Bennasi

Shep Pettibone

David Foster (I love the STR new tracks!)

Massive attack (ditto)

Nellee Hooper

Pharrell

Dave Jam Hall

Steve Bray

I'll leave it alone babe...just be me
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 07/11/18 6:23pm

1contessa

I think it's sad when celebs age and try to stay relevant.

[Edited 7/11/18 18:26pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 07/11/18 7:13pm

whitechocolate
brotha

avatar

SoulAlive said:

Madonna has finished her new album and the rumored title is ‘Magic’

YACE! LOVE Madonna! She can do NO WRONG in MY book! Mirwais again! Whoot WHOOT! LOVE "American Life," so BRING it! I am SO DOWN and hopefully, NO LEAKS this time! "Magic" seems like a cliche title and her artistry goes deeper than that, so hopefully, she'll rethink it and come back with somethin' more powerful and creative! I'm STOKED! "Rebel Heart" missed out on SO MANY potential hit singles due to the whole leakage issue, therefore having suffered a sad fate. Wanna see Momma hit the tops of the charts again! <3

Hungry? Just look in the mirror and get fed up.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 07/11/18 7:30pm

dancerella

whitechocolatebrotha said:



SoulAlive said:


Madonna has finished her new album and the rumored title is ‘Magic’

YACE! LOVE Madonna! She can do NO WRONG in MY book! Mirwais again! Whoot WHOOT! LOVE "American Life," so BRING it! I am SO DOWN and hopefully, NO LEAKS this time! "Magic" seems like a cliche title and her artistry goes deeper than that, so hopefully, she'll rethink it and come back with somethin' more powerful and creative! I'm STOKED! "Rebel Heart" missed out on SO MANY potential hit singles due to the whole leakage issue, therefore having suffered a sad fate. Wanna see Momma hit the tops of the charts again! <3





Madonna can do no wrong in my opinion.
Even if it's the worst piece of garbage ever recorded, I will Love it.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 07/11/18 7:33pm

dancerella

1contessa said:

I think it's sad when celebs age and try to stay relevant.

[Edited 7/11/18 18:26pm]




So what is she supposed to do then? Record songs that sound 50 years out of date?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 07/11/18 7:52pm

1contessa

dancerella said:

1contessa said:

I think it's sad when celebs age and try to stay relevant.

[Edited 7/11/18 18:26pm]

So what is she supposed to do then? Record songs that sound 50 years out of date?

Why not, she's 50 years out of date to some. lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 07/11/18 8:13pm

SoulAlive

I’m always excited about new Madonna music,but I was kinda hoping that she would take some time off to reflect on her life and write her autobiography....rest on her laurels a bit,ya know.I feel like she’s one of the last truly iconic superstars that is still alive.Her story needs to finally be told.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 4 1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Madonna "apologize"