independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 18th Nov 2017 2:05am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince estate alleges Roc Nation/TIDAL used a fraudulent contract to stream the artist's songs
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 11/11/17 10:03am

laurarichardso
n

Militant said:

If TIDAL had paperwork they would have provided it by now, it's really that simple.


Also - Londell has nothing to do with this court case at this stage, because he does not represent the Estate and has not represented the Estate for over 6 months.

Therefore..... anyone mentioning his name at this point in the game clearly does not know what they are talking about.






—If Comerica has concrete proof why do not they not go to Federal court and get an order to remove the WB catalogue from Tidal’s platform or all of the music if they can? Comerica has no trouble getting one for Ian Boxhill? Can you answer that question?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 11/11/17 10:05am

laurarichardso
n

muleFunk said:

This also gets into the digital releases of The Family and Madhouse 8 and 16 on these sites .



I am wondering now if they released these albums then why hasn't Jill Jones and Shelia E's albums haven't been uploaded? Or have they?????


—I contacted Comerica about it and they said they would look into it.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 11/11/17 10:09am

laurarichardso
n

Militant said:

If TIDAL had paperwork they would have provided it by now, it's really that simple.


Also - Londell has nothing to do with this court case at this stage, because he does not represent the Estate and has not represented the Estate for over 6 months.

Therefore..... anyone mentioning his name at this point in the game clearly does not know what they are talking about.






-Londell is a business advisor to Sharon, Norriane and John. In the most recent docs Comerica is asking for a mediator to deal with the NDA they want Londell to sign and they want the mediators to deal with older sibs. LM is still on the scence stirring up trouble. Go to the estate topic and read away.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 11/11/17 10:32am

Militant

avatar

moderator

laurarichardson said:

Militant said:

If TIDAL had paperwork they would have provided it by now, it's really that simple.


Also - Londell has nothing to do with this court case at this stage, because he does not represent the Estate and has not represented the Estate for over 6 months.

Therefore..... anyone mentioning his name at this point in the game clearly does not know what they are talking about.





-Londell is a business advisor to Sharon, Norriane and John. In the most recent docs Comerica is asking for a mediator to deal with the NDA they want Londell to sign and they want the mediators to deal with older sibs. LM is still on the scence stirring up trouble. Go to the estate topic and read away.



Sharon, Norrine and John are heirs.

Heirs are not the Estate.

Some of the heirs are happy with the Estate. Some of them are not. But none of them, right now, have any say in what the Estate decides to do or not do.


Therefore Londell advising some of the heirs remains irrelevant to the TIDAL issue which is being pursued by the Estate and NOT the heirs.


laurarichardson said:

Militant said:

If TIDAL had paperwork they would have provided it by now, it's really that simple.


Also - Londell has nothing to do with this court case at this stage, because he does not represent the Estate and has not represented the Estate for over 6 months.

Therefore..... anyone mentioning his name at this point in the game clearly does not know what they are talking about.





—If Comerica has concrete proof why do not they not go to Federal court and get an order to remove the WB catalogue from Tidal’s platform or all of the music if they can? Comerica has no trouble getting one for Ian Boxhill? Can you answer that question?




The burden of proof is on TIDAL, not Comerica.

Boxill never had any kind of deal with Prince and they aren't claiming to. TIDAL are claiming they have rights to shit that they don't have.
Comerica's response.....obviously..... is.... "Prove it". TIDAL have yet to prove anything, which is why this is going to court in the first place.



 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 11/11/17 10:51am

muleFunk

avatar

The question that I have is why did Sharon say tell us what you think the next release should be when they have no say in that release?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 11/11/17 12:20pm

OperatingTheta
n

avatar

Militant said:



laurarichardson said:


Militant said:

If TIDAL had paperwork they would have provided it by now, it's really that simple.


Also - Londell has nothing to do with this court case at this stage, because he does not represent the Estate and has not represented the Estate for over 6 months.

Therefore..... anyone mentioning his name at this point in the game clearly does not know what they are talking about.







-Londell is a business advisor to Sharon, Norriane and John. In the most recent docs Comerica is asking for a mediator to deal with the NDA they want Londell to sign and they want the mediators to deal with older sibs. LM is still on the scence stirring up trouble. Go to the estate topic and read away.




Sharon, Norrine and John are heirs.



Heirs are not the Estate.



Some of the heirs are happy with the Estate. Some of them are not. But none of them, right now, have any say in what the Estate decides to do or not do.



Therefore Londell advising some of the heirs remains irrelevant to the TIDAL issue which is being pursued by the Estate and NOT the heirs.





laurarichardson said:


Militant said:

If TIDAL had paperwork they would have provided it by now, it's really that simple.


Also - Londell has nothing to do with this court case at this stage, because he does not represent the Estate and has not represented the Estate for over 6 months.

Therefore..... anyone mentioning his name at this point in the game clearly does not know what they are talking about.







—If Comerica has concrete proof why do not they not go to Federal court and get an order to remove the WB catalogue from Tidal’s platform or all of the music if they can? Comerica has no trouble getting one for Ian Boxhill? Can you answer that question?




The burden of proof is on TIDAL, not Comerica.



Boxill never had any kind of deal with Prince and they aren't claiming to. TIDAL are claiming they have rights to shit that they don't have.
Comerica's response.....obviously..... is.... "Prove it". TIDAL have yet to prove anything, which is why this is going to court in the first place.





If you're referencing material uploaded after Prince's passing that Prince was not alive to give approval to, then there is at least a possibility of wrongdoing.

If however, the estate are talking about material delivered to Tidal during Prince's lifetime - including all the exclusive material - that is nonsense and can easily be disproved, paper work or not.

Whatever, Tidal is the one streaming company Prince actually chose to work with and supported, whereas he openly criticised Spotify and Youtube, which is exactly where the estate has chosen to make his music available. Now those decisions might not be legally fraudulent, but they are certainly morally so, and clearly against Prince's wishes.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 11/11/17 1:08pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

Militant said:

laurarichardson said:

Militant said: —If Comerica has concrete proof why do not they not go to Federal court and get an order to remove the WB catalogue from Tidal’s platform or all of the music if they can? Comerica has no trouble getting one for Ian Boxhill? Can you answer that question?




The burden of proof is on TIDAL, not Comerica.

Boxill never had any kind of deal with Prince and they aren't claiming to. TIDAL are claiming they have rights to shit that they don't have.
Comerica's response.....obviously..... is.... "Prove it". TIDAL have yet to prove anything, which is why this is going to court in the first place.



Not true.

The burden of proof is on Comerica in the Federal case because they are the Plaintiff's and initiated the lawsuit. This means in trial they present their case first.

We do know there was an initial contract and Artist Equity Term Agreement between P and Tidal but it was not for Ps entire catalogue.

If Tidal filed a Counterclaim against the Estate then they have the burden to prove what relief

they are requesting in their Counterclaim.

But the initial burden of proof is on the Estate (Comerica) to prove there was no contract for the terms Tidal is demanding they have.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 11/11/17 2:16pm

Strive

OperatingThetan said:

Chocolate Invasion, Slaughterhouse and a number of other NPGMC and rare releases were available on Tidal long before Prince died and obviously with Prince's awareness. A simple view of his twitter account and statements in interviews proves this. There is no way Tidal could have uploaded their own copies of live songs from Prince's Piano and Microphone tour because nobody else would have access to these other than Prince. And Prince tweeted about these Tidal exclusive releases himself. As Prince continued to provide new, exclusive music to Tidal up until the week of his death, any genuine possible wrongdoing has to have occured after his passing.


Pretty much.



Prince got an equity stake like the other big artists with Tidal and everything after that initial part was all talk. Prince's death was a goldmine for them but it also left them in a bind since they couldn't prove anything he agreed to verbally.

I don't doubt that they tried to falsify papers so the agreement hold up in court. The people at Tidal are scumbags and Prince fell for their scam.

no yesterday or tomorrow, no better remedy for sorrow
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 11/11/17 5:47pm

206Michelle

Besides the playlists "Purple Picks of the Week" and "ALWAYS," which music of Prince's was on Tidal prior to his death?

[Edited 11/11/17 17:55pm]

Live 4 Love ~ Love is God, God is love, Girls and boys love God above
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 11/11/17 5:55pm

206Michelle

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

Militant said:




The burden of proof is on TIDAL, not Comerica.

Boxill never had any kind of deal with Prince and they aren't claiming to. TIDAL are claiming they have rights to shit that they don't have.
Comerica's response.....obviously..... is.... "Prove it". TIDAL have yet to prove anything, which is why this is going to court in the first place.



Not true.

The burden of proof is on Comerica in the Federal case because they are the Plaintiff's and initiated the lawsuit. This means in trial they present their case first.

We do know there was an initial contract and Artist Equity Term Agreement between P and Tidal but it was not for Ps entire catalogue.

If Tidal filed a Counterclaim against the Estate then they have the burden to prove what relief

they are requesting in their Counterclaim.

But the initial burden of proof is on the Estate (Comerica) to prove there was no contract for the terms Tidal is demanding they have.

Yes, the burden of proof rests with Comerica because Comerica is the plaintiff. However, TIDAL obviously is lacking a contract or some paperwork to substantiate the business relationship with Prince. Otherwise, why would Comerica be taking the time and incurring the cost to take TIDAL to court? Prince's estate is already complex enough as it is.

Live 4 Love ~ Love is God, God is love, Girls and boys love God above
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 11/11/17 5:57pm

OperatingTheta
n

avatar

I'd like to know how those alleging wrongdoing on Tidal's part prior to Prince's passing on April 21, 2016, explain these tweets from Prince, of which just a few of those relevant are posted below:


https://mobile.twitter.co...4148463616

https://mobile.twitter.co...6208894976

https://mobile.twitter.co...8078812161

https://mobile.twitter.co...1367976960

https://mobile.twitter.co...7746258944

https://mobile.twitter.co...5600840704

https://mobile.twitter.co...1522352128

https://mobile.twitter.co...2291213312

https://mobile.twitter.co...6561518592

https://mobile.twitter.co...4580192256

https://mobile.twitter.co...4136871936

https://mobile.twitter.co...3356119040

https://mobile.twitter.co...4291802114

https://mobile.twitter.co...9301894144

https://mobile.twitter.co...6310627328

https://mobile.twitter.co...4087653376
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 11/11/17 6:13pm

206Michelle

Prince clearly supported TIDAL. However, tweets supporting/endorsing TIDAL do not equal a contract.

OperatingThetan said:

I'd like to know how those alleging wrongdoing on Tidal's part prior to Prince's passing on April 21, 2016, explain these tweets from Prince, of which just a few of those relevant are posted below: https://mobile.twitter.co...4148463616 https://mobile.twitter.co...6208894976 https://mobile.twitter.co...8078812161 https://mobile.twitter.co...1367976960 https://mobile.twitter.co...7746258944 https://mobile.twitter.co...5600840704 https://mobile.twitter.co...1522352128 https://mobile.twitter.co...2291213312 https://mobile.twitter.co...6561518592 https://mobile.twitter.co...4580192256 https://mobile.twitter.co...4136871936 https://mobile.twitter.co...3356119040 https://mobile.twitter.co...4291802114 https://mobile.twitter.co...9301894144 https://mobile.twitter.co...6310627328 https://mobile.twitter.co...4087653376

Live 4 Love ~ Love is God, God is love, Girls and boys love God above
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 11/11/17 6:28pm

FlyOnTheWall

206Michelle said:

Prince clearly supported TIDAL. However, tweets supporting/endorsing TIDAL do not equal a contract.

OperatingThetan said:

I'd like to know how those alleging wrongdoing on Tidal's part prior to Prince's passing on April 21, 2016, explain these tweets from Prince, of which just a few of those relevant are posted below: https://mobile.twitter.co...4148463616 https://mobile.twitter.co...6208894976 https://mobile.twitter.co...8078812161 https://mobile.twitter.co...1367976960 https://mobile.twitter.co...7746258944 https://mobile.twitter.co...5600840704 https://mobile.twitter.co...1522352128 https://mobile.twitter.co...2291213312 https://mobile.twitter.co...6561518592 https://mobile.twitter.co...4580192256 https://mobile.twitter.co...4136871936 https://mobile.twitter.co...3356119040 https://mobile.twitter.co...4291802114 https://mobile.twitter.co...9301894144 https://mobile.twitter.co...6310627328 https://mobile.twitter.co...4087653376

It certainly speaks to intent.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 11/11/17 6:44pm

Mumio

avatar

206Michelle said:

Prince clearly supported TIDAL. However, tweets supporting/endorsing TIDAL do not equal a contract.

OperatingThetan said:

I'd like to know how those alleging wrongdoing on Tidal's part prior to Prince's passing on April 21, 2016, explain these tweets from Prince, of which just a few of those relevant are posted below: https://mobile.twitter.co...4148463616 https://mobile.twitter.co...6208894976 https://mobile.twitter.co...8078812161 https://mobile.twitter.co...1367976960 https://mobile.twitter.co...7746258944 https://mobile.twitter.co...5600840704 https://mobile.twitter.co...1522352128 https://mobile.twitter.co...2291213312 https://mobile.twitter.co...6561518592 https://mobile.twitter.co...4580192256 https://mobile.twitter.co...4136871936 https://mobile.twitter.co...3356119040 https://mobile.twitter.co...4291802114 https://mobile.twitter.co...9301894144 https://mobile.twitter.co...6310627328 https://mobile.twitter.co...4087653376



Are you a lawyer? Just curious due to some of the responses you've made on this thread.



[Edited 11/11/17 19:28pm]

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 11/11/17 7:37pm

babynoz

Are people actually reading? From the article.....


In the latest in a long string of legal actions involving Prince's estate, his heirs are accusing Roc Nation of using a fraudulent contract to stream more than 500 of the artist's songs and videos.

Nearly 60 documents, most of them under seal, were filed Friday in U.S. District Court in St. Paul. The plaintiffs, Prince's NPG Records and Music Publishing, are now owned by the estate.

They allege that the defendants, Roc Nation LLC, Aspiro AB, Project Panther Ltd. and WiMP Music AS, fabricated and backdated a contract for the rights to stream Prince's music on Tidal. They say the defendants have failed to cooperate with the estate's request for documentation to prove they have a legitimate contract to use the artist's music.



According to the article the heirs filed these documents, but since the estate owns the everything I'm not sure even have standing to file a case independent of the estate?

Furthermore, Roc Nation IS among the defendants named and that is Jayz along with Live Nation, folks.

Finally, just because Prince had a gentleman's agreement to stream SOME of his music for a period of time does NOT automatically mean that Tidal has the right to stream ALL of his music in perpetuity. Trying to guess his intent at this point does NOT matter....contracts do, so stop thinking with your feelings please.

None of us have first hand knowlege of the agreement. For all we know, Prince was just helping them to launch Tidal. Their failure to produce a valid contract suggests that the agreement was not permanent.

Does anybody seriously believe that Prince would give ANYBODY in the entire universe access to his entire catalog for eternity? GTFOOHWTBS..... disbelief


Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 11/11/17 7:52pm

laurarichardso
n

babynoz said:

Are people actually reading? From the article.....



In the latest in a long string of legal actions involving Prince's estate, his heirs are accusing Roc Nation of using a fraudulent contract to stream more than 500 of the artist's songs and videos.


Nearly 60 documents, most of them under seal, were filed Friday in U.S. District Court in St. Paul. The plaintiffs, Prince's NPG Records and Music Publishing, are now owned by the estate.


They allege that the defendants, Roc Nation LLC, Aspiro AB, Project Panther Ltd. and WiMP Music AS, fabricated and backdated a contract for the rights to stream Prince's music on Tidal. They say the defendants have failed to cooperate with the estate's request for documentation to prove they have a legitimate contract to use the artist's music.



According to the article the heirs filed these documents, but since the estate owns the everything I'm not sure even have standing to file a case independent of the estate?

Furthermore, Roc Nation IS among the defendants named and that is Jayz along with Live Nation, folks.

Finally, just because Prince had a gentleman's agreement to stream SOME of his music for a period of time does NOT automatically mean that Tidal has the right to stream ALL of his music in perpetuity. Trying to guess his intent at this point does NOT matter....contracts do, so stop thinking with your feelings please.

None of us have first hand knowlege of the agreement. For all we know, Prince was just helping them to launch Tidal. Their failure to produce a valid contract suggests that the agreement was not permanent.

Does anybody seriously believe that Prince would give ANYBODY in the entire universe access to his entire catalog for eternity? GTFOOHWTBS..... disbelief



— I do not recall anywhere it was said that Tidal’s music for eternity that contest was suppose to be for 5 years. Also the heirs cannot file anything separate from the estate because they have not inherited anything which tells me whoever wrote the article does not know what they are even writing about.
Oh and according to the Wall Street Journal WB has the licensing agreement for the soundtracks forever and I do not see the estate disputing the WB agreement.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 11/11/17 7:56pm

laurarichardso
n

206Michelle said:


It speaks to intent and if money was exchanged that is a problem. The estate has to prove that a contract was altered meaning there is a contract in place.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 11/11/17 7:59pm

laurarichardso
n

Militant said:



laurarichardson said:


Militant said:

If TIDAL had paperwork they would have provided it by now, it's really that simple.


Also - Londell has nothing to do with this court case at this stage, because he does not represent the Estate and has not represented the Estate for over 6 months.

Therefore..... anyone mentioning his name at this point in the game clearly does not know what they are talking about.







-Londell is a business advisor to Sharon, Norriane and John. In the most recent docs Comerica is asking for a mediator to deal with the NDA they want Londell to sign and they want the mediators to deal with older sibs. LM is still on the scence stirring up trouble. Go to the estate topic and read away.




Sharon, Norrine and John are heirs.



Heirs are not the Estate.



Some of the heirs are happy with the Estate. Some of them are not. But none of them, right now, have any say in what the Estate decides to do or not do.



Therefore Londell advising some of the heirs remains irrelevant to the TIDAL issue which is being pursued by the Estate and NOT the heirs.





laurarichardson said:


Militant said:

If TIDAL had paperwork they would have provided it by now, it's really that simple.


Also - Londell has nothing to do with this court case at this stage, because he does not represent the Estate and has not represented the Estate for over 6 months.

Therefore..... anyone mentioning his name at this point in the game clearly does not know what they are talking about.







—If Comerica has concrete proof why do not they not go to Federal court and get an order to remove the WB catalogue from Tidal’s platform or all of the music if they can? Comerica has no trouble getting one for Ian Boxhill? Can you answer that question?




The burden of proof is on TIDAL, not Comerica.



Boxill never had any kind of deal with Prince and they aren't claiming to. TIDAL are claiming they have rights to shit that they don't have.
Comerica's response.....obviously..... is.... "Prove it". TIDAL have yet to prove anything, which is why this is going to court in the first place.




Sorry Ian claimed he had rights to that music and put it up on line. It is called copyright infringement and Comerica went to court and put a stop to it quickly. They can do the same with Tidal if they can prove that Tidal does not have a right to have the music up on that platform ask yourself why it is still up.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 11/11/17 8:02pm

laurarichardso
n

Strive said:



OperatingThetan said:


Chocolate Invasion, Slaughterhouse and a number of other NPGMC and rare releases were available on Tidal long before Prince died and obviously with Prince's awareness. A simple view of his twitter account and statements in interviews proves this. There is no way Tidal could have uploaded their own copies of live songs from Prince's Piano and Microphone tour because nobody else would have access to these other than Prince. And Prince tweeted about these Tidal exclusive releases himself. As Prince continued to provide new, exclusive music to Tidal up until the week of his death, any genuine possible wrongdoing has to have occured after his passing.


Pretty much.





Prince got an equity stake like the other big artists with Tidal and everything after that initial part was all talk. Prince's death was a goldmine for them but it also left them in a bind since they couldn't prove anything he agreed to verbally.

I don't doubt that they tried to falsify papers so the agreement hold up in court. The people at Tidal are scumbags and Prince fell for their scam.


They claimed they paid him 3 million dollars how is that a scam. Do you honestly think Prince received equity in Tidal and not cash?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 11/11/17 8:04pm

laurarichardso
n

206Michelle said:



ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:




Militant said:






The burden of proof is on TIDAL, not Comerica.



Boxill never had any kind of deal with Prince and they aren't claiming to. TIDAL are claiming they have rights to shit that they don't have.
Comerica's response.....obviously..... is.... "Prove it". TIDAL have yet to prove anything, which is why this is going to court in the first place.





Not true.


The burden of proof is on Comerica in the Federal case because they are the Plaintiff's and initiated the lawsuit. This means in trial they present their case first.


We do know there was an initial contract and Artist Equity Term Agreement between P and Tidal but it was not for Ps entire catalogue.


If Tidal filed a Counterclaim against the Estate then they have the burden to prove what relief


they are requesting in their Counterclaim.


But the initial burden of proof is on the Estate (Comerica) to prove there was no contract for the terms Tidal is demanding they have.



Yes, the burden of proof rests with Comerica because Comerica is the plaintiff. However, TIDAL obviously is lacking a contract or some paperwork to substantiate the business relationship with Prince. Otherwise, why would Comerica be taking the time and incurring the cost to take TIDAL to court? Prince's estate is already complex enough as it is.


Nothing is obvious. Comerica is going to have to prove that contracts were doctored. I wish them luck.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 11/11/17 8:06pm

laurarichardso
n

muleFunk said:

The question that I have is why did Sharon say tell us what you think the next release should be when they have no say in that release?


Because she is delusional and so are certain people who do not see a scam artist manipulating 3 elderly people.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 11/11/17 8:28pm

Strive

laurarichardson said:

Strive said:


Pretty much.



Prince got an equity stake like the other big artists with Tidal and everything after that initial part was all talk. Prince's death was a goldmine for them but it also left them in a bind since they couldn't prove anything he agreed to verbally.

I don't doubt that they tried to falsify papers so the agreement hold up in court. The people at Tidal are scumbags and Prince fell for their scam.

They claimed they paid him 3 million dollars how is that a scam. Do you honestly think Prince received equity in Tidal and not cash?


The estate claimed non-payment for HITNRUN and I absolutely believe that Prince took some equity. Jay-Z was going hard with the bullshit about artists building up a service for artists and Prince was hardcore into building black-owned businesses (which is probably why he gave them permission to stream all of his work) but all Jay-Z was trying to do was leverage his colleagues for a major payday. The dude is trash. Through and through.

no yesterday or tomorrow, no better remedy for sorrow
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 11/11/17 8:57pm

laurarichardso
n

Strive said:



laurarichardson said:


Strive said:



Pretty much.





Prince got an equity stake like the other big artists with Tidal and everything after that initial part was all talk. Prince's death was a goldmine for them but it also left them in a bind since they couldn't prove anything he agreed to verbally.

I don't doubt that they tried to falsify papers so the agreement hold up in court. The people at Tidal are scumbags and Prince fell for their scam.



They claimed they paid him 3 million dollars how is that a scam. Do you honestly think Prince received equity in Tidal and not cash?


The estate claimed non-payment for HITNRUN and I absolutely believe that Prince took some equity. Jay-Z was going hard with the bullshit about artists building up a service for artists and Prince was hardcore into building black-owned businesses (which is probably why he gave them permission to stream all of his work) but all Jay-Z was trying to do was leverage his colleagues for a major payday. The dude is trash. Through and through.


—Personal feelings mean nothing in a court of law. I believe Prince got equity and cash. It was Lonnie who claimed their was no payment and I have not seen any reference to missing money since Comerica took over.
Prince’s whole point was to get more revenue out of the streaming services I have no doubt he got money out and equity out of the Tidal deal. He was not sending them files, making playlists, and sending video for free.
[Edited 11/12/17 11:23am]
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #53 posted 11/12/17 6:08am

Militant

avatar

moderator

babynoz said:

Finally, just because Prince had a gentleman's agreement to stream SOME of his music for a period of time does NOT automatically mean that Tidal has the right to stream ALL of his music in perpetuity.

None of us have first hand knowlege of the agreement. For all we know, Prince was just helping them to launch Tidal. Their failure to produce a valid contract suggests that the agreement was not permanent.

Does anybody seriously believe that Prince would give ANYBODY in the entire universe access to his entire catalog for eternity? GTFOOHWTBS..... disbelief




Bingo.

Exactly this.

We know that Prince would have moved on to the next thing pretty damn quickly, as he always did. TIDAL sold 33% of the company to Sprint for hundreds of millions after Prince died and if they weren’t gonna give him a cut he would have noped the fuck outta there. Which is why he didn’t sign contracts.

Frankly, TIDAL failed to deliver on their “artist owned” shit - just ask Kanye. If someone THAT close to Jay has already ditched due to money issues..... you can bet P wasn’t gonna stick around on a sinking ship. TIDAL in 2017 has less than 1% streaming market share.

Spotify and YouTube already won the streaming wars. Even Apple Music is a zombie only being kept alive due to Apple throwing insane amounts of money at it. Anything else is dead in the water, and the idea that P would given his entire catalogue for any extended period of time to ANYONE especially a dying company is laughable.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #54 posted 11/12/17 6:49am

muleFunk

avatar

laurarichardson said:

muleFunk said:

The question that I have is why did Sharon say tell us what you think the next release should be when they have no say in that release?

Because she is delusional and so are certain people who do not see a scam artist manipulating 3 elderly people.

nod

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #55 posted 11/12/17 7:35am

206Michelle

Mumio said:



206Michelle said:


Prince clearly supported TIDAL. However, tweets supporting/endorsing TIDAL do not equal a contract.



OperatingThetan said:


I'd like to know how those alleging wrongdoing on Tidal's part prior to Prince's passing on April 21, 2016, explain these tweets from Prince, of which just a few of those relevant are posted below: https://mobile.twitter.co...4148463616 https://mobile.twitter.co...6208894976 https://mobile.twitter.co...8078812161 https://mobile.twitter.co...1367976960 https://mobile.twitter.co...7746258944 https://mobile.twitter.co...5600840704 https://mobile.twitter.co...1522352128 https://mobile.twitter.co...2291213312 https://mobile.twitter.co...6561518592 https://mobile.twitter.co...4580192256 https://mobile.twitter.co...4136871936 https://mobile.twitter.co...3356119040 https://mobile.twitter.co...4291802114 https://mobile.twitter.co...9301894144 https://mobile.twitter.co...6310627328 https://mobile.twitter.co...4087653376





Are you a lawyer? Just curious due to some of the responses you've made on this thread.



[Edited 11/11/17 19:28pm]


No, I am not a lawyer. However, I have some basic understanding about how a civil trial works from doing 2 weeks of jury duty on a civil case, as well as some understanding of Special Education law.
Live 4 Love ~ Love is God, God is love, Girls and boys love God above
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #56 posted 11/12/17 7:46am

206Michelle

laurarichardson said:

206Michelle said:


It speaks to intent and if money was exchanged that is a problem. The estate has to prove that a contract was altered meaning there is a contract in place.

I agree that the tweets do speak to intent. With there being money and rights to share intellectual property at stake, who knows how much weight the Tweets have in a court case?
.
Laura, Could you be more specific about what you mean when you say “if money was exchanged that is a problem”? I am inferring that you mean Prince and TIDAL exchanged money, but I would like clarity. Also, could you clarify exactly what the “problem” is with the exchange of money? I want to make sure that I understand your point.
Live 4 Love ~ Love is God, God is love, Girls and boys love God above
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #57 posted 11/12/17 8:09am

Neversin

avatar

TrevorAyer said:

How did tidal get lossless versions of albums previously only in mp3 if not from prince?


When "The Chocolate Invasion", "The Slaughterhouse" and "Xpectation" were posted (back when Prince was still alive) I did a comparison of the Tidal streams with the promo/testpressing CDr's...
I can't remember which albums (either "The Chocolate Invasion" or "The Slaughterhouse") were lossless, but I figured they came from the 7 disc promo/testpressing set... But they didn't... The timings were off for straight rips so my guess is that Prince provided these albums for streaming on Tidal from a different source than said CDr's...

Neversin.

[Edited 11/12/17 8:11am]

O(+>NIИ<+)O

“Is man merely a mistake of God's? Or God merely a mistake of man's?”

- Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #58 posted 11/12/17 11:21am

laurarichardso
n

206Michelle said:

laurarichardson said:


It speaks to intent and if money was exchanged that is a problem. The estate has to prove that a contract was altered meaning there is a contract in place.

I agree that the tweets do speak to intent. With there being money and rights to share intellectual property at stake, who knows how much weight the Tweets have in a court case?
.
Laura, Could you be more specific about what you mean when you say “if money was exchanged that is a problem”? I am inferring that you mean Prince and TIDAL exchanged money, but I would like clarity. Also, could you clarify exactly what the “problem” is with the exchange of money? I want to make sure that I understand your point.

—From earlier court docs Tidal claimed that they paid Prince 3 million dollars in four installments. If Tidal can prove they paid Prince the money and show that Prince sent then the initial files with some preplan to deliver the WB material on his birthday then you have exchange and a implied contract. We know some contract exsist now because Comerica is claiming it has been altered when before they claimed a contract did not exsist at all.
The sad thing is Prince wanted to work with this company and greed is making people actively go against his wishes.
[Edited 11/12/17 11:22am]
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #59 posted 11/12/17 11:34am

laurarichardso
n

Militant said:

babynoz said:

Finally, just because Prince had a gentleman's agreement to stream SOME of his music for a period of time does NOT automatically mean that Tidal has the right to stream ALL of his music in perpetuity.

None of us have first hand knowlege of the agreement. For all we know, Prince was just helping them to launch Tidal. Their failure to produce a valid contract suggests that the agreement was not permanent.

Does anybody seriously believe that Prince would give ANYBODY in the entire universe access to his entire catalog for eternity? GTFOOHWTBS..... disbelief




Bingo.

Exactly this.

We know that Prince would have moved on to the next thing pretty damn quickly, as he always did. TIDAL sold 33% of the company to Sprint for hundreds of millions after Prince died and if they weren’t gonna give him a cut he would have noped the fuck outta there. Which is why he didn’t sign contracts.

Frankly, TIDAL failed to deliver on their “artist owned” shit - just ask Kanye. If someone THAT close to Jay has already ditched due to money issues..... you can bet P wasn’t gonna stick around on a sinking ship. TIDAL in 2017 has less than 1% streaming market share.

Spotify and YouTube already won the streaming wars. Even Apple Music is a zombie only being kept alive due to Apple throwing insane amounts of money at it. Anything else is dead in the water, and the idea that P would given his entire catalogue for any extended period of time to ANYONE especially a dying company is laughable.

—The Sprint/ Tidal deal is a partnership. Nothing is being sold and nowhere has it been said the Tidal deal was forever. It is a five year deal. As long as any investor has equity their is a potential to make money if the business is purchased by another business entity. Please see the press release concerning the partnership not the sell of anything. No one is asking Kyane bi-polar ass anything he has own troubles.

http://investors.sprint.c...fault.aspx
[Edited 11/12/17 11:36am]
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince estate alleges Roc Nation/TIDAL used a fraudulent contract to stream the artist's songs