independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 22nd Jul 2017 11:41pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Updated: List of albums currently on Spotify
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 6 123456>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 02/10/17 4:34am

LonelyStarfish

Updated: List of albums currently on Spotify

Article:

https://www.google.co.uk/...-orange-gb

Prince's Spotify page: https://open.spotify.com/...nG9rDuVn8j

For You
Prince
Dirty Mind
Controversy
1999
Purple Rain
Around The World In A Day
Parade
Sign β€˜O’ The Times
Lovesexy
Batman
Music From Graffiti Bridge
Diamonds And Pearls
[Love Symbol]
Come
The Vault – Old Friends 4 Sale
PLECTRUMELECTRUM
ART OFFICIAL AGE

Compilations:

4Ever
The Hits 1
The Hits 2
The Hits/The B-Sides
The Very Best Of Prince
Ultimate


Post will be updated when/if more albums become available.
[Edited 2/12/17 10:07am]
[Edited 2/12/17 10:09am]
Music is music, ultimately. If it makes you feel good, cool.

My YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/c...pp=desktop
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 02/10/17 5:07am

rogifan

avatar

So I'm curious...neither Hit N Run Phase 1 or 2 are licensed to WB but for some reason Phase 2 is available to stream on Apple Music right now (and both are available to purchase on iTunes). Are those part of the Universal deal? Will Phase 2 still be available for streaming after this deal goes live? And the UMG deal supposedly starts with Emancipation so what happens to The Gold Experience? Does it fall through the cracks?
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever πŸ’œ
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 02/10/17 5:24am

feeluupp

So at the end of the day... TIDAL is still the best for option for streaming Prince...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 02/10/17 5:34am

feeluupp

At the end of the day, TIDAL is stil the best place...

This is the full list of ALBUMS on the U.S. version of TIDAL, (NOT INCLUDING VARIOUS MAXI SINGLES)

FOR YOU

PRINCE

PRINCE (2016 REMASTERED)

DIRTY MIND

CONTROVERSY

1999

PURPLE RAIN

ATWIAD

PARADE

SIGN O' THE TIMES

LOVESEXY

BATMAN

GRAFFITI BRIDGE

DIAMONDS & PEARLS

LOVE SYMBOL

THE HITS 1

THE HITS 2

THE HITS/THE B-SIDES

COME

THE BLACK ALBUM

1-800-NEW FUNK

THE GOLD EXPERIENCE

EXODUS

CHAOS & DISORDER

GIRL 6

THE TRUTH

NEWPOWERSOUL

THE VAULT

RAVE IN2 THE JOY FANTASTIC

THE VERY BEST OF PRINCE

THE RAINBOW CHILDREN

XPECTATION

N.E.W.S.

THE CHOCOLATE INVASION

C NOTE

THE SLAUGHTERHOUSE

ULTIMATE

PLANET EARTH

INDIGO NIGHTS

LOTUSFLOW3R

20TEN

PLECTRUM ELECTRUM

ART OFFICIAL AGE

HITnRUN: PHASE ONE

HITnRUN: PHASE TWO

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 02/10/17 6:17am

laurarichardso
n

rogifan said:

So I'm curious...neither Hit N Run Phase 1 or 2 are licensed to WB but for some reason Phase 2 is available to stream on Apple Music right now (and both are available to purchase on iTunes). Are those part of the Universal deal? Will Phase 2 still be available for streaming after this deal goes live? And the UMG deal supposedly starts with Emancipation so what happens to The Gold Experience? Does it fall through the cracks?

Phase 2 was on Apple because Prince wanted it to be on. Anything a part of NPG will be managed by Universal eventrually.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 02/10/17 6:20am

laurarichardso
n

feeluupp said:

At the end of the day, TIDAL is stil the best place...



This is the full list of ALBUMS on the U.S. version of TIDAL, (NOT INCLUDING VARIOUS MAXI SINGLES)








FOR YOU


PRINCE


PRINCE (2016 REMASTERED)


DIRTY MIND


CONTROVERSY


1999


PURPLE RAIN


ATWIAD


PARADE


SIGN O' THE TIMES


LOVESEXY


BATMAN


GRAFFITI BRIDGE


DIAMONDS & PEARLS


LOVE SYMBOL


THE HITS 1


THE HITS 2


THE HITS/THE B-SIDES


COME


THE BLACK ALBUM


1-800-NEW FUNK


THE GOLD EXPERIENCE


EXODUS


CHAOS & DISORDER


GIRL 6


THE TRUTH


NEWPOWERSOUL


THE VAULT


RAVE IN2 THE JOY FANTASTIC


THE VERY BEST OF PRINCE


THE RAINBOW CHILDREN


XPECTATION


N.E.W.S.


THE CHOCOLATE INVASION


C NOTE


THE SLAUGHTERHOUSE


ULTIMATE


PLANET EARTH


INDIGO NIGHTS


LOTUSFLOW3R


20TEN


PLECTRUM ELECTRUM


ART OFFICIAL AGE


HITnRUN: PHASE ONE


HITnRUN: PHASE TWO



--- Yes, and I don't think this stuff is going anywhere unless the estate coughs of the money they owe from the advance that was given to Prince. Otherwise people should download to own.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 02/10/17 6:42am

darkroman

Oh dear, not good at all.

.

Streaming services are killing music and artist development.

.

sad

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 02/10/17 6:42am

rogifan

avatar

laurarichardson said:

rogifan said:

So I'm curious...neither Hit N Run Phase 1 or 2 are licensed to WB but for some reason Phase 2 is available to stream on Apple Music right now (and both are available to purchase on iTunes). Are those part of the Universal deal? Will Phase 2 still be available for streaming after this deal goes live? And the UMG deal supposedly starts with Emancipation so what happens to The Gold Experience? Does it fall through the cracks?

Phase 2 was on Apple because Prince wanted it to be on. Anything a part of NPG will be managed by Universal eventrually.

And TGE?
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever πŸ’œ
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 02/10/17 7:12am

TheEnglishGent

avatar

darkroman said:

Oh dear, not good at all.

.

Streaming services are killing music and artist development.

.

sad

If the streaming services weren't there, the kids today would just be downloading it. The music busniess has been dying for a while in terms of physical sales.

RIP sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 02/10/17 7:19am

laurarichardso
n

rogifan said:

laurarichardson said:


Phase 2 was on Apple because Prince wanted it to be on. Anything a part of NPG will be managed by Universal eventrually.

And TGE?

Yes, but you can buy it on Tidal.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 02/10/17 8:36am

smoothcriminal
12

These won't be remastered right? So it'll be the same old shitty, low quality, quiet For You that has been frustrating me for years? lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 02/10/17 8:36am

smoothcriminal
12

TheEnglishGent said:

darkroman said:

Oh dear, not good at all.

.

Streaming services are killing music and artist development.

.

sad

If the streaming services weren't there, the kids today would just be downloading it. The music busniess has been dying for a while in terms of physical sales.

Exactly. So many kids I've talked to haven't heard a single Prince song! Hopefully this can change that.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 02/10/17 9:16am

skipthecharade
s

"Here’s a list of the albums expected to be available on Sunday."

So still nothing for sure.

If this is the the correct list, Tidal is still the streaming service to use for die-hard Prince fans (too bad their apps suck and the rest of their catologue isn't as big as Spotify/Apple's).

For the avarage user this is all they were missing..

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 02/10/17 10:36am

2020

avatar

I for one am very happy this deal is done and will be unvelied on Sunday for the Grammys

The world needs Prince music now possibly more then ever

#PRINCE4EVER

The greatest live performer of our times was is and always will be Prince.

Remember there is only one destination and that place is U
All of it. Everything. Is U.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 02/10/17 10:41am

feeluupp

Funny thing, all those albums listed were already on Spotfiy except Prince4Ever before Prince pulled his music from Spotfiy.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 02/10/17 11:07am

sexton

avatar

smoothcriminal12 said:

So many kids I've talked to haven't heard a single Prince song! Hopefully this can change that.



feeluupp said:

Funny thing, all those albums listed were already on Spotfiy except Prince4Ever before Prince pulled his music from Spotfiy.



So many younger people had no interest in Prince when he was alive and his albums were available, unfortunately.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 02/10/17 11:23am

rogifan

avatar

feeluupp said:

Funny thing, all those albums listed were already on Spotfiy except Prince4Ever before Prince pulled his music from Spotfiy.


For how long were they on Spotify?
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever πŸ’œ
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 02/10/17 11:24am

rogifan

avatar

sexton said:



smoothcriminal12 said:



So many kids I've talked to haven't heard a single Prince song! Hopefully this can change that.







feeluupp said:


Funny thing, all those albums listed were already on Spotfiy except Prince4Ever before Prince pulled his music from Spotfiy.





So many younger people had no interest in Prince when he was alive and his albums were available, unfortunately.


My guess is there will be a big ad campaign around this. Might get more people interested.
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever πŸ’œ
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 02/10/17 11:29am

sexton

avatar

rogifan said:


sexton said:



So many younger people had no interest in Prince when he was alive and his albums were available, unfortunately.

My guess is there will be a big ad campaign around this. Might get more people interested.


The ad campaign has already begun:


Purple Spotify Billboards Suggest That Prince's Music Will Be Available on Major Streaming Service by Grammy Night http://www.billboard.com/...mmy-night

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 02/10/17 11:55am

fortuneandsere
ndipity

avatar

Today's news is great news. 'Cos it will help make Tyka rich. And get Sharon that record deal biggrin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 02/10/17 12:00pm

nextedition

avatar

I'm really happy about this. I only listen to spotify and now Prince his musis is back!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 02/10/17 12:13pm

sexton

avatar

nextedition said:

I'm really happy about this. I only listen to spotify and now Prince his musis is back!


So you haven't listened to any Prince music in two years? Amazing! smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 02/10/17 12:42pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

very cool... i will not be getting it... but I do need to get some new CDRs to make a new set of the songs (i can get 5 or 6 cds on each one in MP3....) Vol 1 - 6 give or take it most of it! but I think i would need more...

Gemini rising on the 7th day... 21,138
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 02/10/17 12:47pm

ldmendes

avatar

feeluupp said:

At the end of the day, TIDAL is stil the best place...

This is the full list of ALBUMS on the U.S. version of TIDAL, (NOT INCLUDING VARIOUS MAXI SINGLES)

FOR YOU

PRINCE

PRINCE (2016 REMASTERED)

DIRTY MIND

CONTROVERSY

1999

PURPLE RAIN

ATWIAD

PARADE

SIGN O' THE TIMES

LOVESEXY

BATMAN

GRAFFITI BRIDGE

DIAMONDS & PEARLS

LOVE SYMBOL

THE HITS 1

THE HITS 2

THE HITS/THE B-SIDES

COME

THE BLACK ALBUM

1-800-NEW FUNK

THE GOLD EXPERIENCE

EXODUS

CHAOS & DISORDER

GIRL 6

THE TRUTH

NEWPOWERSOUL

THE VAULT

RAVE IN2 THE JOY FANTASTIC

THE VERY BEST OF PRINCE

THE RAINBOW CHILDREN

XPECTATION

N.E.W.S.

THE CHOCOLATE INVASION

C NOTE

THE SLAUGHTERHOUSE

ULTIMATE

PLANET EARTH

INDIGO NIGHTS

LOTUSFLOW3R

20TEN

PLECTRUM ELECTRUM

ART OFFICIAL AGE

HITnRUN: PHASE ONE

HITnRUN: PHASE TWO

yeahthat and you can buy them..Chocolate Invasion was $9

..Hello, who is it?
Yes, this is a prettyman, Princey!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 02/10/17 12:48pm

carlluv

avatar

LonelyStarfish said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.factmag.com/2017/02/10/prince-albums-streaming-list/amp/?client=ms-android-orange-gb

For You
Prince
Dirty Mind
Controversy
1999
Purple Rain
Around The World In A Day
Parade
Sign β€˜O’ The Times
Lovesexy
Batman
Music From Graffiti Bridge
Diamonds And Pearls
[Love Symbol]
Come
The Vault – Old Friends 4 Sale
PLECTRUMELECTRUM
ART OFFICIAL AGE

Compilations:

4Ever
The Hits 1
The Hits 2
The Hits/The B-Sides
The Very Best Of Prince
Ultimate

So basically it's the same albums before Prince had them take it down
why in God's name do u wanna make me cry
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 02/10/17 1:30pm

rogifan

avatar

So apparently the Google Play Music interface changed to purple today. I hope there's decent promotion around this. It is a big deal as Prince is one of the few big name acts not on most streaming services. If only it could be his entire catalog on day one. πŸ˜”
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever πŸ’œ
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 02/10/17 3:42pm

iZsaZsa

feeluupp said:

So at the end of the day... TIDAL is still the best for option for streaming Prince...


I signed up because he asked me to but that's very cool. heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 02/10/17 4:13pm

jstar69

Why no black album? That was a warners album!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 02/10/17 4:39pm

feeluupp

jstar69 said:

Why no black album? That was a warners album!!

It's on TIDAL

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 02/10/17 8:11pm

lust

avatar

feeluupp said:

At the end of the day, TIDAL is stil the best place...



This is the full list of ALBUMS on the U.S. version of TIDAL, (NOT INCLUDING VARIOUS MAXI SINGLES)








FOR YOU


PRINCE


PRINCE (2016 REMASTERED)


DIRTY MIND


CONTROVERSY


1999


PURPLE RAIN


ATWIAD


PARADE


SIGN O' THE TIMES


LOVESEXY


BATMAN


GRAFFITI BRIDGE


DIAMONDS & PEARLS


LOVE SYMBOL


THE HITS 1


THE HITS 2


THE HITS/THE B-SIDES


COME


THE BLACK ALBUM


1-800-NEW FUNK


THE GOLD EXPERIENCE


EXODUS


CHAOS & DISORDER


GIRL 6


THE TRUTH


NEWPOWERSOUL


THE VAULT


RAVE IN2 THE JOY FANTASTIC


THE VERY BEST OF PRINCE


THE RAINBOW CHILDREN


XPECTATION


N.E.W.S.


THE CHOCOLATE INVASION


C NOTE


THE SLAUGHTERHOUSE


ULTIMATE


PLANET EARTH


INDIGO NIGHTS


LOTUSFLOW3R


20TEN


PLECTRUM ELECTRUM


ART OFFICIAL AGE


HITnRUN: PHASE ONE


HITnRUN: PHASE TWO




And Kamasutra. razz
If the milk turns out to be sour, I aint the kinda pussy to drink it!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 6 123456>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Updated: List of albums currently on Spotify