independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 24th Jul 2014 9:58am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince to Be Honored at Billboard Music Awards on May 19
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 3 of 3 <123

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #60 posted 01/21/13 10:18am

mjscarousal

avatar

biggrin I will watch just his performance/tribute

Stand, you`ve been sitting much too long, there`s a permanent crease in your right or wrong.~Sly Stone
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #61 posted 01/21/13 11:12am

KCOOLMUZIQ

avatar

EyeJester7 said:

avasdad said:

let's get ready for a boring speech...thanks to Jehovah, and his usual cryptic message which have no meaning to the general public other than making himself look like a weirdo...

Chill!

What's boring about thanking your creator? AND, Prince and him giving cryptic messages are not unsual...I mean we are talking about Prince. Who defines what is a weirdo? Prince is Prince..Everybody who knows little about him, knows very much that he dances to his own flow!

Better act like you know! haha

clapping

princes like a "ACT OF GOD" N another realm.Of all people who might b aliens,angels.if found out prince wasn't of this earth, eye would not b surprised, prince is looking 4 like-minded individuals 'Y should eye do this becuz every1 is doing it?'"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #62 posted 01/21/13 11:34am

Marrk

avasdad said:

let's get ready for a boring speech...thanks to Jehovah, and his usual cryptic message which have no meaning to the general public other than making himself look like a weirdo...

This is what will happen. Of course it is.

I'd just like paragraphs back on the org.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #63 posted 01/21/13 12:34pm

2020

avatar

I've seen Prince give many cool acceptance speeches and I think this will be one of his finer moments and will not be cryptic at all.

He will be very gracious and humble and not say anything weird. Really looking forward to him getting this award.

Check out MyMusicMix New Music Blog!!!

http://mymusicmixtv.blogspot.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #64 posted 01/21/13 1:18pm

avasdad

EyeJester7 said:

avasdad said:

let's get ready for a boring speech...thanks to Jehovah, and his usual cryptic message which have no meaning to the general public other than making himself look like a weirdo...

Chill!

What's boring about thanking your creator? AND, Prince and him giving cryptic messages are not unsual...I mean we are talking about Prince. Who defines what is a weirdo? Prince is Prince..Everybody who knows little about him, knows very much that he dances to his own flow!

Better act like you know! haha

nothing boring about thanking ur creator...there is always a place and time...not sure an awards setting is the place...afterall he is being honored for his musical acheivement not his religous beliefs..that goes for all entertainers... I am sure your CREATORS say your welcome.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #65 posted 01/21/13 6:16pm

mchl88

If I can score a ticket for this ill make the trip to LV so I have to ask - does anyone think he'll do an aftershow? I figure with this residency at Rio he had to have some connections and if there's a town full of musical stars it could be an awesome show. My wife doesn't think she can get the time off so I might be flying solo. If any other Orgs are going please let me know.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #66 posted 01/21/13 8:00pm

naffi

avatar

eugny1 said:

Sweet! I'll just throw it out there....Prince, PLEASE do not throw away your performance by featuring some protege no one cares about or will ever remember existed six months hence.


We want U to bring like u did at the RRHOF- Prince, and only Prince!



That said, looks like I'll be watching a music awards show for the first time since maybe the 90s.



Looking forward!


Aww come on, she is probably going to be giving the acceptance speech, she has been rather quiet of late...

Will be hopefully watching from afar, hope some orgs are able to get there!
[Edited 1/21/13 20:01pm]
You know you are in love, when you cannot fall asleep because your reality is finally better than your dreams - Dr Seuss
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #67 posted 01/21/13 9:00pm

brneyes007

I won a free trip so Maybe I'll take a trip to Las Vegas in May!!!lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #68 posted 01/22/13 4:20am

dJJ

Revolution said:

lol Does anyone see the irony here?

Congrats Prince...you deserve whatever you get. thumbs up!

The awards will reflect Billboard's chart rankings based on key fan interactions with music, including album sales and downloads, track downloads, radio airplay and touring as well as streaming and social interactions on Facebook, Twitter, Vevo, Youtube, Spotify and other popular online destinations for music. These measurements are tracked year-round by Billboard and its data partners, including Nielsen Entertainment and Next Big Sound. The awards will be based on the reporting period of Feb. 27, 2012 through Feb. 24, 2013. Top artists will be recognized in a variety of genres, including R&B, Rap, Pop, Country, Rock, Latin and Alternative.

The org must have weighed heavily in the database wink

And yes, congratulations. There is no artist more Iconic than Prince.

And I'm not biased at all of course.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #69 posted 01/22/13 4:23am

dJJ

brneyes007 said:

I won a free trip so Maybe I'll take a trip to Las Vegas in May!!!lol

eek

Very jalous

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #70 posted 01/22/13 4:33am

dJJ

avasdad said:

EyeJester7 said:

Chill!

What's boring about thanking your creator? AND, Prince and him giving cryptic messages are not unsual...I mean we are talking about Prince. Who defines what is a weirdo? Prince is Prince..Everybody who knows little about him, knows very much that he dances to his own flow!

Better act like you know! haha

nothing boring about thanking ur creator...there is always a place and time...not sure an awards setting is the place...afterall he is being honored for his musical acheivement not his religous beliefs..that goes for all entertainers... I am sure your CREATORS say your welcome.

Indeed.

Likewise he honored for himself, not his protege's..

I'm sure he'll thank the positive orgers. Always supporting him lol lol

Allthough probably very iconic, I really don't like his new glasses/sheds. Can't see his eyes anymore, that sort of takes a way his personality. There is a lot of his charm gone when he's wearing that thing. sad

I really hope he will outgrow this phase of covering his eyes as if he's some criminal who's eyes are blocked in the media.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 3 of 3 <123
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince to Be Honored at Billboard Music Awards on May 19