independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 28th Nov 2014 5:17pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Okay, January 31st is Just Around the Corner! (LOTUSFLOW3R DISCUSSION)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 10 123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 01/27/09 9:12pm

June7

Moderator

avatar

moderator

Okay, January 31st is Just Around the Corner! (LOTUSFLOW3R DISCUSSION)

... and still no action from the lotusflow3r folks about the mysterious ticket on the website!

I've kept the date open...

I've worked out the trip...

I've got my girl interested (it'll be her first Prince concert!)...

BUT NO WORD FROM THE PRINCE CAMP!!!

So, is anything gonna happen???

Your thoughts??? pout

(Oh, and continue the lotusflow3r discussion here, the other one got too long.)

[Added (LOTUSFLOW3R DISCUSSION) to the thread title - Mars23]
Respect is never promised
Love ain't free
Trust is earned
And it hurts to be alone
This is what I've learned

From the original song, "What I've Learned" by Tomás
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 01/27/09 9:13pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

And it's the day after my Bday smile
Edmonton, AB - canada

Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 01/27/09 9:13pm

Nothinbutjoy

avatar

I was THIS close to starting a countdown thread lol
Photoshop kills natural beauty
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 01/27/09 9:14pm

Nothinbutjoy

avatar

luv4u said:

And it's the day after my Bday smile



Your birthday is the 30th???

pout Not enough time to get you more chocolate covered cinn. gummy bears!
Photoshop kills natural beauty
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 01/27/09 9:16pm

Nothinbutjoy

avatar

June7 said:

... and still no action from the lotusflow3r folks about the mysterious ticket on the website!

I've kept the date open...

I've worked out the trip...

I've got my girl interested (it'll be her first Prince concert!)...

BUT NO WORD FROM THE PRINCE CAMP!!!

So, is anything gonna happen???

Your thoughts??? pout



My thoughts are that it's an announcement day. Site opens up a bit. A bit of info is given.

Regardless, I'm screwed. Prince took me too long and I bought tickets to Seattle instead.

Hopefully he'll swing by SLC beg
Photoshop kills natural beauty
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 01/27/09 10:02pm

jstar69

Hmmm nothing like leaving it to the last minute...i hope your trek to LA is not in vain

I just hope there's a good selection of new music to listen to '& purchase', plus an anthology of old unrealeased gems us fans have desired for soooo long

Here's hoping!!!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 01/27/09 10:11pm

vinx98

avatar

I predict that we wont get it
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 01/27/09 10:26pm

PurpleKnight

avatar

I'm predicting an announcement.
The world is a comedy for those who think and a tragedy for those who feel.

"You still wanna take me to prison...just because I won't trade humanity for patriotism."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 01/27/09 10:29pm

Mars23

Moderator

avatar

moderator

Nothinbutjoy said:

I was THIS close to starting a countdown thread lol



Me too. In the meantime, I've got something that might be cool.



These are official banner ads for the new site. I was saving them for when the site officially opens, but maybe this will give a bit of excitement for the next few days. They will take you to the lotusflow3r site so you can hear a few bars of Chocolate Box for the 1000th time!





Studies have shown the ass crack of the average Prince fan to be abnormally large. This explains the ease and frequency of their panties bunching up in it.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 01/27/09 10:32pm

Milty

avatar

oh ya, that's this weekend. i just realized that too.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 01/27/09 11:49pm

DJJillMonroe

avatar

It's Just Around The Corner....and Still WOOD stand all time...Still WOOD stand all tiiiimmmmme


lol
Why You Jive Turkey You....
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 01/28/09 12:26am

Seventeen

avatar

I just read a post on the quake that said that things were not moving as

quickly as expected and Prince had not finalized any plans. The post went on

to say that if we were expecting anything on the 31st, some would be

dissapointed. Does anyone know anything about this information?
I've got a guitar that can part the sea.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 01/28/09 12:35am

wildgoldenhone
y

avatar

Mars23 said:

Nothinbutjoy said:

I was THIS close to starting a countdown thread lol



Me too. In the meantime, I've got something that might be cool.



These are official banner ads for the new site. I was saving them for when the site officially opens, but maybe this will give a bit of excitement for the next few days. They will take you to the lotusflow3r site so you can hear a few bars of Chocolate Box for the 1000th time!






I was waiting for these!

biggrin

starTo succeed, eliminate negative forces in your life. Flood your mind with positive words, images, books, and conversations.star


HiddenYeLongOwl≈♥≈EdgyHindLoneOwl≈♥≈GlideYondHenOwl≈♥≈LegendWindOhLoy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 01/28/09 1:27am

asideorderofha
m

avatar

I predict that when the site is fully open, he'll offer the opportunity to download whatever we like from the vault.

lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 01/28/09 2:16am

love2thenines2
003

Seventeen said:

I just read a post on the quake that said that things were not moving as

quickly as expected and Prince had not finalized any plans. The post went on

to say that if we were expecting anything on the 31st, some would be

dissapointed. Does anyone know anything about this information?


Don't put so high your xpectations as Usual!

razz
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 01/28/09 2:24am

funksoldier

avatar

June7 said:

... and still no action from the lotusflow3r folks about the mysterious ticket on the website!

I've kept the date open...

I've worked out the trip...

I've got my girl interested (it'll be her first Prince concert!)...

BUT NO WORD FROM THE PRINCE CAMP!!!

So, is anything gonna happen???

Your thoughts??? pout

(Oh, and continue the lotusflow3r discussion here, the other one got too long.)


My wife and I planned (and went) on a trip last year to Dublin following an announcment on an official promoters website during a period when Prince had no offcial website. I learnt some lessons.

More positively, in 2007, I got an email (and tickets) about his concert at Koko in Camden, London on the day of the concert itself. Prince likes surprises.
u don't really know me, u just think u do
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 01/28/09 2:32am

sarkozyiszeman

avatar

I have said right from the start (but I obviously can be wrong) that I did not like it when Prince said he was in the final phase of negociations for the physical distribution of his cds.

I would not be surprised if he had not finalized any deal as we know how the lil ' man can be sometimes.

Most of us assumed his new music will be donwloadable when the site opens. I'm less and less sure about that.

I would not be surprised if there was a big leak that would destroy his latest plans mainly based on surprise.

The more he waits the more he takes risks.
[Edited 1/28/09 2:51am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 01/28/09 3:49am

TheEnglishGent

Even without the hysical discs in the shop, there's surely nothing to stop him releasing the downloads on the 31st? If nothing happens, then he needs to at least put a message on the site. Mind you though, I wouldn't be overly surprised if we get to March and the site still says January 2009. lol
12 years with this account. Might be time to get an avatar.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 01/28/09 5:09am

npggirl77

DJJillMonroe said:

It's Just Around The Corner....and Still WOOD stand all time...Still WOOD stand all tiiiimmmmme


lol

He he heeee...Beavis...He said WOOD.
huh huh huh..
smile
-you ain't funky at all, you just a little ol' prude!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 01/28/09 5:14am

npggirl77

Well,
I feel that he will open the site up and get the music on the site for us to purchase and download from there.
The hard copies and negotiations may not be ready yet but that is fine with me as long as there are new jams coming.
OR, it could justbe an announcement to future things.
I really do think we will have new music though!
Again, maybe not hard copy, but via lotusflow3r.com
popcorn pray
-you ain't funky at all, you just a little ol' prude!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 01/28/09 6:00am

IstenSzek

avatar

hyping it and then opening the site with only an anouncement as to
what will be released in the future and possibly when?

that would be absurd. so in a way, i guess that's all we should be
expecting.

but if there won't be any new music up, or at least one of those 3
albums, than what's the point of not opening the site right now or
when it first went online?

having people wait and speculate for over a month, with snippets
of new music and 4 complete songs given a preview on radio with a
fifth and sixth on an official website.

to any reasonable person that would suggest that this new music,
which is being talked about in interviews as "ready to go right
after the holidays", is coming the minute the website opens.

what other point is there to let the website "go live" if not with
new music on it?

no one is waiting for more cryptic messages or more details from
a project with no set release date. each time this is played out
again with every new release it gets more tired and frustrating.

i can't think of any single other act in music that plays these
kind of games. it's childish and disappointing. and then he has
the nerve to say "lower your expectations" like it's people's own
fault when they are hoping for new music.

what else do you think people are waiting for? another sermon
disguised as an essay?

but the more i think about it. we'll probably be asked to donate
a $ 77.- fee to access the website and get the three albums for
that amount as well.

at least i hope so. i'm not looking for another website to sign up
to. i didn't like it first time round, it offers nothing extra.

i'll buy my tickets along with everyone else, i don't need you to
charge me a fee for extra special tickets. what i want is music,
music, music. no bullshit.

if there's new music, i will pull out my creditcard, lay down the $
and be happy in the process.

all this drama around it is something you might expect from such
overhyped theatric dramaqueens as 30 seconds to mars but not from
an established power as prince. sadly, we can and do.
and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 01/28/09 6:08am

IstenSzek

avatar

and i still remain convinced that it's silly and tired to put
something like "coming in january" on the site when you know
damn well that you will leave it to the last hours of the last
day of that month until you put something up. that's not just
teasing, that's frustrating people.

lol

it would have been so much more reasonable to just put up a
banner saying "coming in february". that way no one would be
checking the site every 2 hours hoping something had happend
in the meantime.

then, bam, 1st of february, or the 2nd, there would be three
new albums, ready to go. or at least one, with a set date at
which the 2nd and 3rd one would become available.

but no, that's too straight forward probably falloff
and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 01/28/09 6:18am

lottielooloo19
68

sarkozyiszeman said:

I have said right from the start (but I obviously can be wrong) that I did not like it when Prince said he was in the final phase of negociations for the physical distribution of his cds.

I would not be surprised if he had not finalized any deal as we know how the lil ' man can be sometimes.

Most of us assumed his new music will be donwloadable when the site opens. I'm less and less sure about that.

I would not be surprised if there was a big leak that would destroy his latest plans mainly based on surprise.

The more he waits the more he takes risks.
[Edited 1/28/09 2:51am]


i reckon he's abandoned the website & it's ALL your fault!! lol
since you exposed the inner depths of the design,,
he's probably thought 'fuck this'
i bet he spent months pouring over books & suchlike
& trying 2 get his head around the idiots guide but maybe he needs some professional support with it now cuz there are some really serious defects that i have observed
1. the songs do not play all the way through, but are cut short every time
2. only half his face is visable

he needs 2 employ yourcleverself 2 remedy these malfunktions!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 01/28/09 6:23am

npggirl77

IstenSzek said:

and i still remain convinced that it's silly and tired to put
something like "coming in january" on the site when you know
damn well that you will leave it to the last hours of the last
day of that month until you put something up. that's not just
teasing, that's frustrating people.

lol

it would have been so much more reasonable to just put up a
banner saying "coming in february". that way no one would be
checking the site every 2 hours hoping something had happend
in the meantime.

then, bam, 1st of february, or the 2nd, there would be three
new albums, ready to go. or at least one, with a set date at
which the 2nd and 3rd one would become available.

but no, that's too straight forward probably falloff


LOL
Yup, our man likes to keep us in suspense.
I feel what you are saying, but I must say one thing. I am actually hopeing for a fan site, like we had at one time.
My personal experiences were great! I got front row seats to one concert by knowing when it was going on sale to the "club members."
I also got 4th row seats the same way, via NPGMC.
I got music that people outside of the club did not get. (not legally anyway).
And I also got little things in the mail from time to time. I also loved the online store where I could purchase gear and so forth.
So, anyway. I hope it will turn into a site similar to that and I would be glad to pay the $77.00 (if that is a reference to the price).
-you ain't funky at all, you just a little ol' prude!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 01/28/09 6:26am

sarkozyiszeman

avatar

lottielooloo1968 said:

sarkozyiszeman said:

I have said right from the start (but I obviously can be wrong) that I did not like it when Prince said he was in the final phase of negociations for the physical distribution of his cds.

I would not be surprised if he had not finalized any deal as we know how the lil ' man can be sometimes.

Most of us assumed his new music will be donwloadable when the site opens. I'm less and less sure about that.

I would not be surprised if there was a big leak that would destroy his latest plans mainly based on surprise.

The more he waits the more he takes risks.
[Edited 1/28/09 2:51am]


i reckon he's abandoned the website & it's ALL your fault!! lol
since you exposed the inner depths of the design,,
he's probably thought 'fuck this'
i bet he spent months pouring over books & suchlike
& trying 2 get his head around the idiots guide but maybe he needs some professional support with it now cuz there are some really serious defects that i have observed
1. the songs do not play all the way through, but are cut short every time
2. only half his face is visable

he needs 2 employ yourcleverself 2 remedy these malfunktions!



lol

haha

He obviously does not need me but hopefully for him and us he has started the ecommerce stuff quite a while ago to develop and to test the whole site properly otherwise it's gonna be fun in bugs' land!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 01/28/09 6:37am

TheEnglishGent

IstenSzek said:

that would be absurd. so in a way, i guess that's all we should be expecting.
lol lol
12 years with this account. Might be time to get an avatar.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 01/28/09 6:40am

Giovanni777

avatar

Truthfully, I'm just tired of it all.

I don't think I'll be checking the lotusflow3r site again until the 31st, despite the rumour that there will be some video action before then.
"He's a musician's musician..."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 01/28/09 6:51am

IstenSzek

avatar

Giovanni777 said:

Truthfully, I'm just tired of it all.

I don't think I'll be checking the lotusflow3r site again until the 31st, despite the rumour that there will be some video action before then.


just to save yourself from added stress and disappointment, don't visit
the site until well into the afternoon on feb 1st.

better yet, visit the org first on feb 2nd and read all about the nerve
shattering first hours of the "live" website and the mistakes, how the
servers went down due to too many people logging on. passwords to the
files that never arrived in the email, creditcard details that don't
get accepted or albums that get billed tripple time but yet somehow
the site fails to give people access to the files after that. whilst all
the time the tech support is unable to respond, lol.

why risk a double coronary when you can log on 2 days later when all the
glitches -hopefully- are smoothed out and you know what to expect and
how much it will set you back.

and if all else fails, just wait until someone leaks the new material
onto a torrent. i mean, if it always has to be so damn hard for prince
to do a simple thing that even indie kids in a garage can manage, why,
it should come as no surprise that people stop hanging around and will
just pick up his shit whenever they bump into it somewhere, anywhere.
and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 01/28/09 7:00am

purplecam

avatar

lol lol This is Prince we're talking about here. Whether you like it or not, whether it's right or wrong, Prince doesn't do things normally like us and yeah I wish that would change but it is what it is. I knew that if we didn't get anything by the middle of the month, we probably weren't going to get anything and it appears that I was right. I'm not mad, sad or disappointed about this, I just prepared myself for this to happen. Prince has promised lots of things and they didn't happen. At least with this project, its not a case of say, "Roadhouse Garden" or "Crystal Ball 2" cause we know that something is coming out for sure, it's just a matter of when. I'm patient and when something new comes this way, it'll come. If we've been doing fine for this long without anything new from Prince, then what's another day, week, month or even a year? Besides, some of y'all will complain anyway so what's the difference? Just chill, cause there's nothing any of us can do about this. I can't speak for you but for me, this is not worth me getting mad over. I got enough things going on in my life for that. In fact, I think I'll go & put on 3121. That'll hold me over. biggrin cool
I'm not a fan of "old Prince". I'm not a fan of "new Prince". I'm just a fan of Prince. Simple as that
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 01/28/09 7:04am

IstenSzek

avatar

purplecam said:

can do about this. I can't speak for you but for me, this is not worth me getting mad over. I got enough things going on in my life for that.


yeah well, i don't. my life is sad, pathetic and empty. i need new prince music lol

and if prince promises me something and doesn't deliver, i have no choice
but to get upset and obsessed. stab

j/k mr.green
and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 10 123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Okay, January 31st is Just Around the Corner! (LOTUSFLOW3R DISCUSSION)