independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 23rd Nov 2014 6:26am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Concerts > PRINCE PLAYS MONTREUX 2013 !!!! 13 + 14 + 15 JULY 2013 AUDITORIUM STRAVINSKY MONTREUX PART 1
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 5 12345>

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 02/14/13 2:07am

serpan99

PRINCE PLAYS MONTREUX 2013 !!!! 13 + 14 + 15 JULY 2013 AUDITORIUM STRAVINSKY MONTREUX PART 1

3 Nights, 3 Shows, He's back!

arrow http://www.montreuxjazzfe...s/news/245


After his two previous appearances at the Montreux Jazz Festival in 2007 and 2009, Prince is back to give three exceptional concerts on 13, 14 and 15 July 2013.

This musical genius first came to Montreux in 2007 to perform an exclusive concert, and returned in 2009, giving two shows in the same evening. This year he is back, confirming his fondness for Montreux, to give three exceptional concerts on three consecutive dates: 13, 14 and 15 July 2013, at the Auditorium Stravinski.

Groovy, funky and the undisputed master of improvisation, Prince’s performances are all unique and unpredictable. There is no doubt that his three concerts in Montreux will make Festival history once again.


Auditorium Stravinski

Prince 1st show - Saturday 13 July, 8 pm
Prince 2nd show - Sunday 14 July, 8 pm
Prince 3rd show - Monday 15 July, 8 pm


Tickets on sale from 10 a.m. on Friday 15 February on montreuxjazzfestival.com
CHF 175.- (standing) / CHF 395.- (seat)

[Edited 4/21/13 9:02am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 02/14/13 2:15am

serpan99

arrow http://www.lematin.ch/loi...y/13390996

Jamais deux sans trois. En 2007, Prince était venu au Montreux Jazz Festival pour un concert. En 2009, il s'était produit deux fois dans la même soirée. Il revient pour la troisième fois pour donner trois concerts répartis sur trois soirées, les 13, 14 et 15 juillet 2013 à l'Auditorium Stravinski.


Montreux ne donne aucun détail sur le programme, notant juste que Prince est le maître incontesté de l'improvisation et qu'il «fait de chacun de ses concerts des performances uniques et imprévisibles». La star a mis en ligne son nouveau single, «Screw Driver», il y a quelques semaines. Un nouvel album devrait sortir dans le courant de l'année sur Purple Music, un label de house suisse créé par le DJ Jamie Lewis. Le précédent effort de Prince remonte à deux ans.


La billetterie ouvre le vendredi 15 février dès 10 h sur www.montreuxjazz.com.

Prix des places: 175 fr. (debout) et 395 fr. (assis). La suite de la programmation du 47e Montreux Jazz Festival sera annoncée le 18 avril prochain. (Le Matin)

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 02/14/13 2:15am

KeithyT

avatar

I'd like to be the first to say. Blu-Ray release please! lol

Seriously though, good news for mainland European fans cool

Just somewhere in the middle,
Not too good and not too bad.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 02/14/13 2:18am

serpan99

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 02/14/13 2:30am

organgrinder

avatar

Hell yeah! Im in cool

~ "don'tcha wanna see my 'Tootsie Roll?' Baby I'm sho' you would!" ~
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 02/14/13 2:34am

serpan99

KeithyT said:

I'd like to be the first to say. Blu-Ray release please! lol

Seriously though, good news for mainland European fans cool

All I can say is that it'll b MAJOR...and what a great way 2 promote the Blu-ray of the NPG FILMS production of his previous MONTREUX concerts cool

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 02/14/13 2:39am

KeithyT

avatar

I like how you are thinking Serge. cool

Just somewhere in the middle,
Not too good and not too bad.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 02/14/13 3:25am

MISTERHANDS

avatar

hmmmm depends on the band. 140€ is not cheap + it's an 800km drive. Do you guys think it will be with gouche and ronald bruner or with the girls?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 02/14/13 3:39am

serpan99

MISTERHANDS said:

hmmmm depends on the band. 140€ is not cheap + it's an 800km drive. Do you guys think it will be with gouche and ronald bruner or with the girls?

I think €140.- is a friggin bargain 4 what u r getting here...u'll see when the site crashes 2morrow at 10am twocents

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 02/14/13 3:44am

dJJ

O, how I would love to be there.

Montreux & Prince!

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 02/14/13 3:51am

MISTERHANDS

avatar

serpan99 said:

MISTERHANDS said:

hmmmm depends on the band. 140€ is not cheap + it's an 800km drive. Do you guys think it will be with gouche and ronald bruner or with the girls?

I think €140.- is a friggin bargain 4 what u r getting here...u'll see when the site crashes 2morrow at 10am twocents


For a greatest hits show with a girl who can't play the drums and Shelby taking over half of the concert it's a bit much. For a show with experienced musicians and an obscure setlist like last time it's ok smile

Oh well I guess I'll go anyway

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 02/14/13 4:04am

naffi

avatar

dJJ said:

O, how I would love to be there.

Montreux & Prince!

Me too, three dates this time, is there always a short lead time for ticket sales??

You know you are in love, when you cannot fall asleep because your reality is finally better than your dreams - Dr Seuss
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 02/14/13 4:43am

dJJ

naffi said:

dJJ said:

O, how I would love to be there.

Montreux & Prince!

Me too, three dates this time, is there always a short lead time for ticket sales??

Reminds me of North Sea Jazz, when he played 3 evenings in a row.

I was so happy that weekend. Good memories.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 02/14/13 4:46am

serpan99

dJJ said:

Reminds me of North Sea Jazz, when he played 3 evenings in a row.

I was so happy that weekend. Good memories.


Sadly NSJ is 12/13/14 july this year...so 2 out of those 3 days he'll b at Montreux...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 02/14/13 4:50am

dJJ

serpan99 said:

dJJ said:

Reminds me of North Sea Jazz, when he played 3 evenings in a row.

I was so happy that weekend. Good memories.


Sadly NSJ is 12/13/14 july this year...so 2 out of those 3 days he'll b at Montreux...

Yes. Santana is going to be at NSJF.

Well, can't get me tickets for either one of the festivals.

My dad got me a lottery ticket; maybe I'll get lucky lol

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 02/14/13 5:34am

teiemka

naffi said:

dJJ said:

O, how I would love to be there.

Montreux & Prince!

Me too, three dates this time, is there always a short lead time for ticket sales??

Don't know about the ticket sales, but sure is a long time since we've had this much notice for a show.

MISTERHANDS said:

serpan99 said:

I think €140.- is a friggin bargain 4 what u r getting here...u'll see when the site crashes 2morrow at 10am twocents


For a greatest hits show with a girl who can't play the drums and Shelby taking over half of the concert it's a bit much. For a show with experienced musicians and an obscure setlist like last time it's ok smile

Oh well I guess I'll go anyway

As stated by the man himself the setlist depends on where you're playing, if he's doing arenas he can only sell tickets doing greatest hits show. I think that you'll agree that Montreux is for serious music lovers, and most probably only hardcore Prince fans will be there(not that there is any relation between the two boxed ). That gives him the freedom to choose to play obscure, or even new music(maybe that's pushing it a bit) and take a miss on the sampler set.

I dont live in Minneapolis, so the only thing I've heard heard the girls play is Screwdriver live.

I take it the girl who cant play drums is Hannah, do tell?

I will try for tickets, if it's not to be I'll be on a beach somewhere on that weekend. cool

[Edited 2/14/13 5:35am]

Prince is a musician not a lifestyle.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 02/14/13 5:44am

dJJ

teiemka said:

naffi said:


For a greatest hits show with a girl who can't play the drums and Shelby taking over half of the concert it's a bit much. For a show with experienced musicians and an obscure setlist like last time it's ok smile

Oh well I guess I'll go anyway

As stated by the man himself the setlist depends on where you're playing, if he's doing arenas he can only sell tickets doing greatest hits show. I think that you'll agree that Montreux is for serious music lovers, and most probably only hardcore Prince fans will be there(not that there is any relation between the two boxed ). That gives him the freedom to choose to play obscure, or even new music(maybe that's pushing it a bit) and take a miss on the sampler set.

I dont live in Minneapolis, so the only thing I've heard heard the girls play is Screwdriver live.

I take it the girl who cant play drums is Hannah, do tell?

I will try for tickets, if it's not to be I'll be on a beach somewhere on that weekend. cool

Exactly, one night during NSJF he did not play the lay crowd pleasing hits, and he got so much respect from the audiance!

I'm contemplating to get my credit card out and get me the tickets.

But, I fear, because I also know that I can't afford it at the moment. On the other hand, I do rely on the Universe oftentimes and never was wrong when I did.....

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 02/14/13 5:50am

PurpleProphet

please come to Holland

The rain will come down, then U will have 2 choose. If U believe, look 2 the dawn and U shall never lose.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 02/14/13 5:51am

thebeautifulon
es777

avatar

thanks for sharing the info
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 02/14/13 5:59am

dJJ

dJJ said:

teiemka said:

As stated by the man himself the setlist depends on where you're playing, if he's doing arenas he can only sell tickets doing greatest hits show. I think that you'll agree that Montreux is for serious music lovers, and most probably only hardcore Prince fans will be there(not that there is any relation between the two boxed ). That gives him the freedom to choose to play obscure, or even new music(maybe that's pushing it a bit) and take a miss on the sampler set.

I dont live in Minneapolis, so the only thing I've heard heard the girls play is Screwdriver live.

I take it the girl who cant play drums is Hannah, do tell?

I will try for tickets, if it's not to be I'll be on a beach somewhere on that weekend. cool

[Edited 2/14/13 5:35am]

Exactly, one night during NSJF he did not play the lay crowd pleasing hits, and he got so much respect from the audiance!

I'm contemplating to get my credit card out and get me the tickets.

But, I fear, because I also know that I can't afford it at the moment. On the other hand, I do rely on the Universe oftentimes and never was wrong when I did.....

Cheapest ones are 175,-, so, tickets for him would be 525,- in total.

And than tickets for the festival, travelling to Montreux, travelilling around, food, accommodation...

Would be a wonderfull holiday to go to the festival and see Prince. But I just don't have money.

For those who can afford it: What more can you ask for than a great music festival in beautiful surroundings and wonderful weather.

So, yes if one has the money, Go there!

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 02/14/13 6:15am

serpan99

thebeautifulones777 said:

thanks for sharing the info

Ur welcome smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 02/14/13 6:23am

ARock

avatar

Serpan why are you not a moderator yet you rock, thanks 4 the info!!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 02/14/13 6:26am

serpan99

ARock said:

Serpan why are you not a moderator yet you rock, thanks 4 the info!!

Thx! Dunno if I'd wanna b a mod though wink Arock..Urock...everybody rock lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 02/14/13 6:37am

PatrickS77

avatar

Oh, joy. Fun with a crashing website tomorrow.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 02/14/13 7:00am

udo

avatar

Technology might have evolved since 2009.

.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 02/14/13 7:06am

MISTERHANDS

avatar

udo said:

Technology might have evolved since 2009.


Probably not smile
Pffff I think I'm going to wait. With the Denmark show also confirmed it looks like a summer tour for me. A bit too far.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 02/14/13 7:12am

udo

avatar

MISTERHANDS said:

udo said:

Technology might have evolved since 2009.


Probably not smile
Pffff I think I'm going to wait. With the Denmark show also confirmed it looks like a summer tour for me. A bit too far.

Yes that is the gamble.

I mean: for the price of going to Montreux you might see 5 or more 'normal' shows in your neighborhood. I did not yet decide....

.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 02/14/13 7:24am

xLiberiangirl

avatar

Cool. this is definitely going to be really great. but Montreux is just too far away, not possible.

I'll wait and see what he'll do in Holland or Belgium.

I hope for not SO many shows like last time here in Holland/Belgium.

I hope to go to an aftershow this time.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 02/14/13 7:49am

heebong

avatar

b.t.w.

if i purchase tix

how i collect them?

i am in KOREA now.. will they ship my tix via air mail?

or should i collect them at boxoffice?

Sometimes It Snows in April...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 02/14/13 8:46am

hjd

heebong said:

b.t.w.

if i purchase tix

how i collect them?

i am in KOREA now.. will they ship my tix via air mail?

or should i collect them at boxoffice?

Last time you could print the tickets. With other acts you had to switch the ticket for a wristband and you could go in and out and back in again. Not so with Prince. The barcode was scanned and you could not go out and back in. Also you had to check your bag.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 5 12345>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Concerts > PRINCE PLAYS MONTREUX 2013 !!!! 13 + 14 + 15 JULY 2013 AUDITORIUM STRAVINSKY MONTREUX PART 1