independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 2nd Sep 2014 7:10pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Concerts > Prince on German TV Show 'Wetten dass...' on January 19 in Offenburg, Germany
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 12/17/12 12:37am

Laufi

Prince on German TV Show 'Wetten dass...' on January 19 in Offenburg, Germany

Hi:

rumours from very close to TV workers say that Prince will be appearing and performing on german TV in "Wetten dass ...!?", 19th January 2013. Live from Offenburg.

So, if this is true, maybe there might be other european TV/concert dates!?

check these websites for (probably) further infos in the next weeks:

http://wettendass.zdf.de/

http://www.wetten-dass.com/

cheers,

Laufi

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 12/17/12 4:27am

trickster

heared something about it today to!! lol lol lol

but cant believe it....

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 12/17/12 6:27am

ludwig

I haven't watched that show in ages, because it's so boring. And the new host is annoying as hell.

Last time I heard rumours of prince performing on the show was in 1994, when he topped the charts with TMBGITW.

Hopefully they treat him with more respect than Tom Hanks and Halle Berry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJvFdi-scLg

http://www.morgenpost.de/vermischtes/article110617602/Tom-Hanks-faellt-hartes-Urteil-ueber-Wetten-dass.html

[Edited 12/17/12 6:32am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 12/17/12 7:47am

trickster

ludwig said:

I haven't watched that show in ages, because it's so boring. And the new host is annoying as hell.

Last time I heard rumours of prince performing on the show was in 1994, when he topped the charts with TMBGITW.

Hopefully they treat him with more respect than Tom Hanks and Halle Berry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJvFdi-scLg

http://www.morgenpost.de/vermischtes/article110617602/Tom-Hanks-faellt-hartes-Urteil-ueber-Wetten-dass.html

[Edited 12/17/12 6:32am]

you are right with everything! i dont see prince doin it - maybe just for a performance - but sittin there for 3 h??? i hope not!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 12/18/12 11:50am

gerhard12

The show always hosts " big stars ". This month there were Alicia Keys, Pink and Rihanna all in one show! If any show like this then that one !
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 12/18/12 12:59pm

ludwig

gerhard12 said:

The show always hosts " big stars ". This month there were Alicia Keys, Pink and Rihanna all in one show! If any show like this then that one !

Tom Hanks and Halle Berry were there to promote "Cloud Atlas", but it didn't help much.

It's better to promote your stuff (music in prince's case) in shows, where the audience cares about it.

The best show for prince would be Pro7's TvTotal.

It hasn't so much viewers, but those who watch are more interested in music. And the host speaks the same language (music), plus his band is the best show band on german television, excellent musicians, funk lovers who get a lot of praise from other musicians including the Funk Brothers, Lenny Kravitz, etc...

Even Maceo Parker performed with them.

They often play prince tracks like Strollin, Jam of the Year, The Everlasting Now, etc... They would treat him with respect.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Rj31sgVMFw

Host Stefan Raab performing with James Brown:

http://video.de.msn.com/watch/video/tv-total-stefan-vs-james-brown/h5mx10xz

He also dedicated a whole show to James Brown, he was the special guest, but unfortunately I can fand clips on the net.

[Edited 12/18/12 13:55pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 12/18/12 1:38pm

gerhard12

Later with Jools Holland?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 12/19/12 2:01am

udo

avatar

AVRO's toppop?

.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 12/19/12 2:17am

pat22

avatar

Prince was on stage at Wetten Dass a few years ago. I think it was 1999 when he presented his new album Rave Un2 the Joy Fantastic. But I don`t think he will perform there again since Gottschalk is not on the show anymore. And especially after his last years "Horror" concert at Cologne... Better Prince plays San Siro at Milan one time!!!!!! smile smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 12/19/12 2:34am

Laufi

pat22 said:

Prince was on stage at Wetten Dass a few years ago. I think it was 1999 when he presented his new album Rave Un2 the Joy Fantastic. But I don`t think he will perform there again since Gottschalk is not on the show anymore. And especially after his last years "Horror" concert at Cologne... Better Prince plays San Siro at Milan one time!!!!!! smile smile

Sure? I remember "GlücksSpirale" and "Harald Schmidt Show" back in '99, actually I was in the studio at both shows. But "Wetten dass...?!"?? I really doubt that he has been there!

cheers,

Laufi

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 12/19/12 2:55am

PatrickS77

avatar

trickster said:

you are right with everything! i dont see prince doin it - maybe just for a performance - but sittin there for 3 h??? i hope not!

LOL him sitting there for 3 hours would be epic though. Even with Sackhüpfen and Bunnyears. But I guess they learned from their mistakes. None of the foreign guests had to sit on that couch for longer than 10 minutes on the last show.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 12/19/12 2:58am

PatrickS77

avatar

ludwig said:

It's better to promote your stuff (music in prince's case) in shows, where the audience cares about it.

The best show for prince would be Pro7's TvTotal.


I wouldn't be so sure about that. Michael Jackson peformed Earth Song there in '95 and it became his first (!) german #1 single. And the follow up single TDCAU went to #1 too. So if he is serious about getting into the spotlight, WD certainly would be the right show.

[Edited 12/19/12 2:59am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 12/19/12 2:58am

pat22

avatar

Laufi said:

pat22 said:

Prince was on stage at Wetten Dass a few years ago. I think it was 1999 when he presented his new album Rave Un2 the Joy Fantastic. But I don`t think he will perform there again since Gottschalk is not on the show anymore. And especially after his last years "Horror" concert at Cologne... Better Prince plays San Siro at Milan one time!!!!!! smile smile

Sure? I remember "GlücksSpirale" and "Harald Schmidt Show" back in '99, actually I was in the studio at both shows. But "Wetten dass...?!"?? I really doubt that he has been there!

cheers,

Laufi

Yeah it is really true, he was there and performing on stage. He had the same clothes as an the cover. The year I don`t remember exactly, if it was 1999 or 2000 but he was there smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 12/19/12 3:41am

udo

avatar

Laufi said:

Sure? I remember "GlücksSpirale" and "Harald Schmidt Show" back in '99, actually I was in the studio at both shows. But "Wetten dass...?!"?? I really doubt that he has been there!

cheers,

Laufi

I was in Aalsmeer (outside) and in the harald Schmidt show in Cologne (Mülheim?)

So yes, no Wetten Daß.

.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 12/19/12 3:52am

gerhard12

trickster said

you are right with everything! i dont see prince doin it - maybe just for a performance - but sittin there for 3 h??? i hope not!

Prince and Cindy aus Marzahn 2gether on the sofa!!! imagine .....eek

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 12/19/12 3:58am

udo

avatar

Just for the sound check....

.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 12/19/12 4:47am

trickster

gerhard12 said:

trickster said

you are right with everything! i dont see prince doin it - maybe just for a performance - but sittin there for 3 h??? i hope not!

Prince and Cindy aus Marzahn 2gether on the sofa!!! imagine .....eek

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol fuck yeahhh!!!!!!! great !! how could i forget her lol lol lol lol

he was never on "wetten dass..." not for rave promotion or anytime else! at glücksspirale they aired the rehersal because when prince saw the audience (60+) he quit! on harald schmitt he did a good job!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 12/19/12 4:51am

Serious

avatar

trickster said:

gerhard12 said:

Prince and Cindy aus Marzahn 2gether on the sofa!!! imagine .....eek

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol fuck yeahhh!!!!!!! great !! how could i forget her lol lol lol lol

he was never on "wetten dass..." not for rave promotion or anytime else! at glücksspirale they aired the rehersal because when prince saw the audience (60+) he quit! on harald schmitt he did a good job!

Yeah he never was on Wetten, dass. I think Sheila E. was there a long time ago.

With a very special thank you to Tina: Is hammer already absolute, how much some people verändern...ICH hope is never so I will be! And if, then I hope that I would then have wen in my environment who joins me in the A....
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 12/19/12 4:52am

udo

avatar

Largely pre-recorded wasn't it?

.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 12/19/12 4:56am

Serious

avatar

ludwig said:

gerhard12 said:

The show always hosts " big stars ". This month there were Alicia Keys, Pink and Rihanna all in one show! If any show like this then that one !

Tom Hanks and Halle Berry were there to promote "Cloud Atlas", but it didn't help much.

It's better to promote your stuff (music in prince's case) in shows, where the audience cares about it.

The best show for prince would be Pro7's TvTotal.

It hasn't so much viewers, but those who watch are more interested in music. And the host speaks the same language (music), plus his band is the best show band on german television, excellent musicians, funk lovers who get a lot of praise from other musicians including the Funk Brothers, Lenny Kravitz, etc...

Even Maceo Parker performed with them.

They often play prince tracks like Strollin, Jam of the Year, The Everlasting Now, etc... They would treat him with respect.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Rj31sgVMFw

Host Stefan Raab performing with James Brown:

http://video.de.msn.com/watch/video/tv-total-stefan-vs-james-brown/h5mx10xz

He also dedicated a whole show to James Brown, he was the special guest, but unfortunately I can fand clips on the net.

[Edited 12/18/12 13:55pm]

Couldn't agree more. Too bad that he'd probably refuse to sing along to Stefan playing the guitar though. I wonder if Raab would show him the clip where he imitates Prince falloff.

With a very special thank you to Tina: Is hammer already absolute, how much some people verändern...ICH hope is never so I will be! And if, then I hope that I would then have wen in my environment who joins me in the A....
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 12/19/12 6:00am

ludwig

PatrickS77 said:

ludwig said:

It's better to promote your stuff (music in prince's case) in shows, where the audience cares about it.

The best show for prince would be Pro7's TvTotal.


I wouldn't be so sure about that. Michael Jackson peformed Earth Song there in '95 and it became his first (!) german #1 single. And the follow up single TDCAU went to #1 too. So if he is serious about getting into the spotlight, WD certainly would be the right show.

[Edited 12/19/12 2:59am]

That was then, but this is now. Wetten dass is a sinking ship and doesn't have the impact it once had.

http://www.express.de/promi-show/das-sagen-die-zuschauer-quoten-sinkflug-bei--wetten--dass----,2186,21065178.html

In the 90s the show had much more viewers. According to this source

http://www.quotenmeter.de/cms/?p1=n&p2=35980&p3=

over 17 million people watched the show where Earth Song was performed. And nowadays the show has less than 10 million viewers. And a lot of the viewers go to the toilet when a music act performs.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 12/19/12 6:20am

PatrickS77

avatar

^^True. But nowadays you also don't have to sell that many albums or singles to chart. So I guess it's levelled pretty much. Less viewers and less single/album sales needed for high chart positions. And even if viewership went down, it's still much more than what Raab got. Also I'd like to think that people won't go to the toilet when Prince performs.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 12/19/12 11:09am

ludwig

PatrickS77 said:

^^True. But nowadays you also don't have to sell that many albums or singles to chart. So I guess it's levelled pretty much. Less viewers and less single/album sales needed for high chart positions. And even if viewership went down, it's still much more than what Raab got. Also I'd like to think that people won't go to the toilet when Prince performs.

Oh, it's all about charts? I thought we were talking about real music by real musicians presented to an audience who really cares. I couldn't care less about chart positions.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 12/19/12 12:15pm

trickster

ludwig said:



PatrickS77 said:




ludwig said:



It's better to promote your stuff (music in prince's case) in shows, where the audience cares about it.


The best show for prince would be Pro7's TvTotal.




I wouldn't be so sure about that. Michael Jackson peformed Earth Song there in '95 and it became his first (!) german #1 single. And the follow up single TDCAU went to #1 too. So if he is serious about getting into the spotlight, WD certainly would be the right show.


[Edited 12/19/12 2:59am]



10.000.000 viewers is ok for Germany

That was then, but this is now. Wetten dass is a sinking ship and doesn't have the impact it once had.


http://www.express.de/promi-show/das-sagen-die-zuschauer-quoten-sinkflug-bei--wetten--dass----,2186,21065178.html



In the 90s the show had much more viewers. According to this source


http://www.quotenmeter.de/cms/?p1=n&p2=35980&p3=


over 17 million people watched the show where Earth Song was performed. And nowadays the show has less than 10 million viewers. And a lot of the viewers go to the toilet when a music act performs.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 12/19/12 12:31pm

gerhard12

at primetime on saturdaynight you ve got way better tv ratings so they can pay him morereal cash for real music neutral
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 12/19/12 2:15pm

PatrickS77

avatar

ludwig said:

PatrickS77 said:

^^True. But nowadays you also don't have to sell that many albums or singles to chart. So I guess it's levelled pretty much. Less viewers and less single/album sales needed for high chart positions. And even if viewership went down, it's still much more than what Raab got. Also I'd like to think that people won't go to the toilet when Prince performs.

Oh, it's all about charts? I thought we were talking about real music by real musicians presented to an audience who really cares. I couldn't care less about chart positions.

No, we're talking about promotion, exposure, maximal effect and obviously sales, which is charts. Why else would he come to Europe for a 5 min performance, should that rumour really turn out to be true?!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 12/19/12 3:03pm

Laufi

Hi there:

trickster said:

at glücksspirale they aired the rehersal because when prince saw the audience (60+) he quit! on harald schmitt he did a good job!

NOT true!

His gig was pre-recorded BEFORE the taping of the show and later edited INTO the show. There was no rehearsal, except for camera rehearsal/soundcheck, which did his crew/band, but without him. He was in the building for about 30 minutes.

Your mention of the audience (60+) is NOT true as well wink

cheers,

Laufi

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 12/19/12 7:04pm

ludwig

gerhard12 said:

at primetime on saturdaynight you ve got way better tv ratings so they can pay him morereal cash for real music neutral

I don't watch that show anymore, but "back in the day" it was all playback, no one actually performed their songs live. Did that change?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 12/20/12 1:26am

udo

avatar

.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 12/20/12 3:07am

udo

avatar

vielen Dank für Ihre E-Mail an das ZDF.

Die Verträge für die nächste "Wetten, dass ..?"-Sendung sind noch nicht alle abgeschlossen, so dass wir derzeit keine Angaben zu den Gästen machen können. Diese Information geben wir erst an die Presse, wenn alle Verträge abgeschlossen sind.

.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Concerts > Prince on German TV Show 'Wetten dass...' on January 19 in Offenburg, Germany