independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 30th Oct 2014 6:42am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Concerts > Prince Announces “Welcome 2 Chicago” Residency
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 4 of 18 <123456789>Last »

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #90 posted 09/01/12 8:26am

Genesia

avatar

I want to go so bad - but the thought of any of my money going to anything Van Jones-related makes me sick. confused
I mean if he did have sex he would break every rule Jehova's have regarding premarital sex so Prince is really just friends with them all anyway.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #91 posted 09/01/12 9:02am

ufoclub

avatar

So from people who have seen a show... what's the best seat? For example front row for the Musicology Tour was horrible for sight and sound. But first row on the 2nd tier in the middle of a long side was PERFECT for Musicology.

[Edited 9/1/12 9:02am]

30 seconds of spooky music with a real harp and banging pots and pans: https://soundcloud.com/uf...-phenomena

VIDEO WORK: http://sharadkantpatel.com
MUSIC: http://www.soundcloud.com/ufoclub1977
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #92 posted 09/01/12 9:10am

2elijah

avatar

ufoclub said:

So from people who have seen a show... what's the best seat? For example front row for the Musicology Tour was horrible for sight and sound. But first row on the 2nd tier in the middle of a long side was PERFECT for Musicology.

[Edited 9/1/12 9:02am]

If you're not sitting in floor or table seats, according to that seating map, which is similar to MSG in NYC, and other venues, I would say rows 101 and 122 and sections, 111-112, the lower red seats would be a good view or atleast close to the stage.

[Edited 9/1/12 11:15am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #93 posted 09/01/12 9:26am

rgsince81

avatar

Glad to know the Tour has started back up , can't wait to find out the next stop. Chicago is very lucky,,, I think I'm jealous a little, lol!
Pray Daily!!!!! RIP AMY WINEHOUSE Keep Calm, Carry on
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #94 posted 09/01/12 11:37am

MarquessMarq

avatar

About time, fuck.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #95 posted 09/01/12 1:08pm

artist76

avatar

Genesia said:

I want to go so bad - but the thought of any of my money going to anything Van Jones-related makes me sick. confused

I understand this.

But then, ultimately your money may be going to JWs too, and investigation of chemtrails, and the campaign to include the presidents before George Washington and the demonization of Abe Lincoln as a racist (you know, the one who got assassinated for freeing the slaves) into our textbooks. And who knows what else.

Don't think about that. It'll drive you nuts. My money is probably supporting lots of things I'd rather not, just by buying a bottle of my favorite shampoo.

Just enjoy the concert.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #96 posted 09/01/12 1:20pm

KCOOLMUZIQ

avatar

Too bad The Oprah Winfrew Show in the Chi is not still on the air. Prince can make a surprise appearance on there like he did "The View' & get an instant sell out...

http://cdn103.iofferphoto.com/img/item/113/766/457/o_RRKrNbvaGolNQ9P.jpg

[Edited 9/1/12 13:36pm]

princes like a "ACT OF GOD" N another realm.Of all people who might b aliens,angels.if found out prince wasn't of this earth, eye would not b surprised,"What's happening now is the position eye always wanted 2b N, eye was just tryin 2 get here" Says prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #97 posted 09/01/12 1:28pm

mrsquirrel

avatar

"the world's ready for change cuz Obama is here". And i thought P didn't do politics.

ifyourbodyneedswaterkeepdancincuzuoughtakeepthebloodflowingdowntoyourfeet.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #98 posted 09/01/12 1:36pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

KCOOLMUZIQ said:

Too bad The Oprah Winfrew Show is not still on the air. Prince can make a surprise appearance on there like he did "The View' & get an instant sell out...

http://cdn103.iofferphoto.com/img/item/113/766/457/o_RRKrNbvaGolNQ9P.jpg

P ain't ever going near Oprah again... lol

Hyperactive when I was small
Hyperactive now I'm grown
Hyperactive 'till I'm dead and gone...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #99 posted 09/01/12 2:37pm

artist76

avatar

^^ Agree, P ain't ever going there. Don't think she brings back great memories for him.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #100 posted 09/01/12 2:52pm

KCOOLMUZIQ

avatar

#Wrong P tried 2 get on Oprah as recently as 2006. To promote his 3121 fragrance/Album & was turned down. To think what would have happen if he was let on.3121(even though it sold well without the appearance)would have went platinum plus & The fragrance would have sold out & Prince could have saved 4 million in that lawsuit..But Oprah preferred Kravitz over Prince..

http://cdn103.iofferphoto.com/img/item/113/766/457/o_RRKrNbvaGolNQ9P.jpg

princes like a "ACT OF GOD" N another realm.Of all people who might b aliens,angels.if found out prince wasn't of this earth, eye would not b surprised,"What's happening now is the position eye always wanted 2b N, eye was just tryin 2 get here" Says prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #101 posted 09/01/12 2:53pm

BlackCandle

avatar

I hear he's flying in from Madrid...

biggrin
"Had to get off the boat so I could walk on water..."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #102 posted 09/01/12 3:27pm

artist76

avatar

KCOOLMUZIQ said:

#Wrong P tried 2 get on Oprah as recently as 2006. To promote his 3121 fragrance/Album & was turned down. To think what would have happen if he was let on.3121(even though it sold well without the appearance)would have went platinum plus & The fragrance would have sold out & Prince could have saved 4 million in that lawsuit..But Oprah preferred Kravitz over Prince..



Oh really? Interesting.
Anyway, don't want to derail the thread.

Enjoy the concerts, everyone!
How many dates is he doing in Chicago?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #103 posted 09/01/12 3:28pm

Genesia

avatar

artist76 said:



Genesia said:


I want to go so bad - but the thought of any of my money going to anything Van Jones-related makes me sick. confused

I understand this.


But then, ultimately your money may be going to JWs too, and investigation of chemtrails, and the campaign to include the presidents before George Washington and the demonization of Abe Lincoln as a racist (you know, the one who got assassinated for freeing the slaves) into our textbooks. And who knows what else.


Don't think about that. It'll drive you nuts. My money is probably supporting lots of things I'd rather not, just by buying a bottle of my favorite shampoo.


Just enjoy the concert.




True enough. Thanks. cool

Now I can get back to worrying about important things. Like whether I should go expensive for one show or "cheap" for multiples. And guessing which show will be longest/have the best setlist. And whether/when there will be aftershows.

The mind reels.
I mean if he did have sex he would break every rule Jehova's have regarding premarital sex so Prince is really just friends with them all anyway.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #104 posted 09/01/12 4:48pm

KCOOLMUZIQ

avatar

artist76 said:

KCOOLMUZIQ said:

#Wrong P tried 2 get on Oprah as recently as 2006. To promote his 3121 fragrance/Album & was turned down. To think what would have happen if he was let on.3121(even though it sold well without the appearance)would have went platinum plus & The fragrance would have sold out & Prince could have saved 4 million in that lawsuit..But Oprah preferred Kravitz over Prince..

Oh really? Interesting. Anyway, don't want to derail the thread. Enjoy the concerts, everyone! How many dates is he doing in Chicago?

True! Anywho...back to the topic @ hand....

princes like a "ACT OF GOD" N another realm.Of all people who might b aliens,angels.if found out prince wasn't of this earth, eye would not b surprised,"What's happening now is the position eye always wanted 2b N, eye was just tryin 2 get here" Says prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #105 posted 09/01/12 4:58pm

dreamfactory31
3

I think Im going to ALL of them!

Time to celebrate. Its been 8 years!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #106 posted 09/01/12 5:59pm

Kylee

avatar

OK.. so who is going to volunteer to get me a tambourine? (if they sell them)

I missed out on getting one here in Australia as they sold out plus they kept putting the price up at each show. I helped a couple of people O/S get Australian tour programs so hoping someone will help me.

razz

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #107 posted 09/01/12 6:04pm

EyeJester7

avatar

BlackCandle said:

I hear he's flying in from Madrid... biggrin

lol

I just got the joke!!! Hahahaha

I hope he sings 'Madrid 2 Chicago' that's one of my favorites jams from him! Singing that on the piano would be amazing! smile

Xpectation Surrender Falls N2 This Power Fantastic! eye kNOw!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #108 posted 09/01/12 6:05pm

EyeJester7

avatar

Kylee said:

OK.. so who is going to volunteer to get me a tambourine? (if they sell them)

I missed out on getting one here in Australia as they sold out plus they kept putting the price up at each show. I helped a couple of people O/S get Australian tour programs so hoping someone will help me.

razz

If I go, I think I might try to HIP You to it! smile

Xpectation Surrender Falls N2 This Power Fantastic! eye kNOw!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #109 posted 09/01/12 6:21pm

raddahone

Was just in Chi last week!!!! Perfect!!!!!!!! My Dad still lives in Chicago...nothing like still being able to go home and share time with him and then go to a Prince show. Thank U!!!!! Can't wait to re-unite with the Chicago fams.

~find ur highest light~
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #110 posted 09/01/12 8:12pm

rainbowchild

avatar

Speaking of the Sexy MF, just watched Hall & Oates at Ravinia tonight (freakin' awesome!) and I was thinking of Prince when I saw how short John Oates is. smile I also was thinking how crazy it would b if Prince performs at Ravinia next summer (I can only hope). So while waiting to get home sitting in the Metra (as I type this, we haven't left yet) and checked the Org and voila! Prince coming 2 town this month!!!!! Just in time 4 my birthday 2!!!! Let's go crazy!!! Let's get nuts!!!!!
"Just like the sun, the Rainbow Children rise."


"People call me rude. I wish we all were nude. I wish there was no black or white, I wish there were no rules."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #111 posted 09/01/12 8:17pm

Lust4Camille

OMG, this will be my 1st Prince concert; when i got home from school Friday i looked in my email and there it was "Welcome 2 Chicago" i nearly had a heartattack...i pulled a Tom Cuise and Yes With My Shoes On lol Jumped on my mother's couch; sorry mom i was just so happy plus my pops is taking me.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #112 posted 09/01/12 8:55pm

SHOCKADELICA1

avatar

excited I'll be there!!! yes CAN.NOT.WAIT!!!! headbang It'll be a perfect early birthday present 2 myself!!

"Bring friends, bring your children and bring foot spray 'cause it's gon' be funky." ~ Prince

A kiss on the lips, is betta than a knife in the back ~ Sheila E

Darkness isn't the absence of light, it's the absence of U ~ Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #113 posted 09/01/12 10:08pm

artist76

avatar

Genesia said:

artist76 said:



Genesia said:


I want to go so bad - but the thought of any of my money going to anything Van Jones-related makes me sick. confused

I understand this.


But then, ultimately your money may be going to JWs too, and investigation of chemtrails, and the campaign to include the presidents before George Washington and the demonization of Abe Lincoln as a racist (you know, the one who got assassinated for freeing the slaves) into our textbooks. And who knows what else.


Don't think about that. It'll drive you nuts. My money is probably supporting lots of things I'd rather not, just by buying a bottle of my favorite shampoo.


Just enjoy the concert.




True enough. Thanks. cool

Now I can get back to worrying about important things. Like whether I should go expensive for one show or "cheap" for multiples. And guessing which show will be longest/have the best setlist. And whether/when there will be aftershows.

The mind reels.

I wish I had your worries!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #114 posted 09/01/12 10:52pm

Paisley4u

avatar

All I can say is: enjoy the concert people in Chicago!!!

Don´t worry about setlists and don´t complain about how he was "back in the days" and so on....

the world is convinced he´s the best LIVE performer on this planet...just a few stubborn fans who aren´t lol

(Prince, Come back 2 Europe next year 4 a great summer show wink)

Love4oneanother
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #115 posted 09/01/12 10:54pm

PURplEMaPLeSyr
up

avatar

inspiring as always yes i will be there in spirit cool

flowing through the veins of the tree of life...purplemaplesyrup
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #116 posted 09/01/12 11:08pm

danzakairos

Wow this is great, it would be nice if he did some shows here in Phoenix. He does not come here very often wonder why???

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #117 posted 09/01/12 11:12pm

trax

Why does the seating chart look like 2/3 of the seats are behind the stage where the band sets up? Those seats behind the top of the symbol look horrible!! Can anyone give insight on these seats that has been?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #118 posted 09/02/12 1:15am

pranayama

purplethunder3121 said:

rap said:

Not if they/he/she get shit seats... He tends to play at the front of the symbol and ignore the back!!!

That is true! The best seats, actually, from myW2A experiences are on the elevated sides of the symbol between the arrow point and the cross of the symbol... If you get the front rows in these sections, you have a great view. The floor, right in front of the arrow point, does not afford the best view.

[Edited 8/31/12 18:38pm]

I went to W2A and we were at the back of the symbol on the floor and our positioning was SWEET!!! I read so much negative stuff about these seats, but after going to a concert I realised this must have been written by people who want to sit in their seat all night. The concert we were at we could go anywhere on the floor, and Prince was right there, 2 metres away! Who wants to sit in their seat all night with Prince playing right there? We came to the conclusion that these seats were some of the best in the house, as the VIP section had tables in the way so dancing would have been constricting, (we were right next to them chatting to them all night by the way, for $100AU less, and more room) and the other floor seats were alot furthur away from the man, pretty sure the pointy end wouldn't have been that great, but at long as he's in the middle of the stage which he mostly his you can see him sweet, but when he comes around the back of the circle you could almost touch him, which you can't with the other floor seats cause the VIP tables are in the way. Also, he tends to face the circle ALOT of the time so he can communicate with his band, and like I said earlier you can move pretty much anywhere on the floor as well.

We almost swapped for the tiered seats but so glad we didn't - don't belive the negativity about these seats everyone!!!

x

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #119 posted 09/02/12 8:33am

alexnvrmnd777

purplethunder3121 said:

alexnvrmnd777 said:

Here's some advice for you (and for ALL parents): Don't take the damn kids!!!!

Stop HELPING Prince turn his shit into Disney on Ice shows!! Leave the kids at home or on Sesame St.

My kid was grown... biggrin I wouldn't take little kids, though...it ain't worth it.

I know, right!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 4 of 18 <123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Concerts > Prince Announces “Welcome 2 Chicago” Residency