independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 21st May 2019 6:30am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Avengers: Endgame! Who is going?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 04/06/19 12:54pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

Avengers: Endgame! Who is going?

I am going on opening night! Anyone else manage to get tickets?

I went to get them when they went on sale and the sites were all crashed but I was able to get mine later that night...

I found out later that it was super sold out all over and may well shatter all opening night records.


I have only seen the first teaser but it is a comic book so we kind of can guess but I am excited!

"Democratic Socialism" just 2 words
But if Sanders gets elected be the only words heard...
...
Be happy Ur Not in the RED (Yet)
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 04/06/19 4:16pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

I'll be going. At least twice. Well hopefully, anyway. I'm still waiting on confirmation that I'll get to see it a few days early. Assuming I do, then I'll go see it again once it's on general release with my daughter. She loved Captain Marvel so she'll no doubt jump at the chance to see that character again.

Apparently, the trailers only use footage from the first 20 minutes of the movie and some of the footage has been manipulated so that it gives a false impression on the actual content of the movie. All in the name of avoiding spoilers. I do have my own theories on how the movie will play out though.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 04/06/19 4:26pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

I used to be bothered when a trailer had stuff that was not in the movie or as you said made to be misleading... but then I realized those could be the best kind. Like the "Rogue One" spots were very different but the did show the tone of the movie...

"Democratic Socialism" just 2 words
But if Sanders gets elected be the only words heard...
...
Be happy Ur Not in the RED (Yet)
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 04/06/19 4:34pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

I used to be bothered when a trailer had stuff that was not in the movie or as you said made to be misleading... but then I realized those could be the best kind. Like the "Rogue One" spots were very different but the did show the tone of the movie...



Marvel do it all the time. If you go back and look at the trailer for Infinity War, you'll notice quite a few shots that weren't in the movie. Their trailers generally do a good job of giving you an idea of what to expect without ruining any surprises. Basically the opposite of what DC/Warner Bros did with Batman Vs Superman where they showed Doomsday on the trailer, giving away several plot points in the process, ie: the death of Superman, the fact that Doomsday was in the movie.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 04/06/19 4:52pm

damosuzuki

avatar

i bought a ticket for friday opening weekend today, something i never do. i usually take pains to avoid crowds in order to not have to deal with people & their phones & their popcorn & talking. i'm usually taking in a weekday matinee.

but this feels like a movie that needs to be seen with the fanboys. i have to think it will gain from seeing it with a packed audience, & i'd hope that people who went out of their way to reserve a ticket in advance will mainly be people who really want to be there watching the movie rather than being there to make small talk & browse half-heartedly through twitter.

i went to see infinity war during a weekday matinee, & it was fine. i enjoyed it, think it's one of the best marvel films. but i can't help but think my experience would have been better if i'd seen it in a room packed with sweaty, smelly fan-boy energy, so i'm hoping to get a bit of that for this viewing.

[Edited 4/6/19 17:06pm]

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."

http://www.thelifeyoucansave.com/
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 04/06/19 5:53pm

DaveT

avatar

Me and my bro got our tickets sorted for midnight showing.

Did the midnight showing for Infinity War and its was superb. Screen was packed full of respectful fans, no talkers or noisey eaters, everyone ooohhhing and gasping in the right places. Just as cinema should be.
www.filmsfilmsfilms.co.uk - The internet's best movie site!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 04/06/19 10:34pm

FragileUnderto
w

avatar

wave Me lol

If I can't make that weekend.
I'm definitely seeing it on the following Monday
Cant believe my purple psychedelic pimp slap pimp2

And I descend from grace, In arms of undertow
I will take my place, In the great below
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 04/07/19 3:23am

onlyforaminute

Yep as long as it doesn't collide with GoT.
Year of Return 2019
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 04/08/19 10:22am

ColAngus

avatar

i generally love Marvel ... but I will wait to see on Dvd or such ....

i kinda lost interest a few movies ago .... I mean I am interested but ... just not

"needing to see it " right away ...

Colonel Angus may be smelly. colonel angus may be a little rough . but deep down ... Colonel angus is very sweet.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 04/08/19 10:45am

XxAxX

avatar

ColAngus said:

i generally love Marvel ... but I will wait to see on Dvd or such ....

i kinda lost interest a few movies ago .... I mean I am interested but ... just not

"needing to see it " right away ...



that's pretty much how i feel. looking forward to it though

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 04/08/19 10:51am

sexton

avatar

ColAngus said:

i generally love Marvel ... but I will wait to see on Dvd or such ....

i kinda lost interest a few movies ago .... I mean I am interested but ... just not

"needing to see it " right away ...


Do you care about spoilers being everywhere by the time the movie is available for home viewing?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 04/08/19 12:26pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

By "Endgame" do they mean it's the last comic book movie in this series?

And this isn't the Avengers with Emma Peel, is it?

.

[Edited 4/8/19 12:27pm]

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 04/08/19 1:02pm

onlyforaminute

We must know who returns back into the universe. I mean c'mon.
[Edited 4/8/19 13:03pm]
Year of Return 2019
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 04/08/19 1:16pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

RodeoSchro said:

By "Endgame" do they mean it's the last comic book movie in this series?

And this isn't the Avengers with Emma Peel, is it?

.

[Edited 4/8/19 12:27pm]



It's the last movie in the "Infinity" series, which began back in 2008 with Iron Man. But it's not the end of the MCU. Think of it like this, each movie is like a chapter in a book. Avengers Endgame is the last chapter. But this is only "Book 1". Spider-Man: Far From Home, which comes out in July, I think, will be the beginning of "Book 2". And apparently Marvel have many, many "books" still to come. So you can expect plenty more Marvel movies in future. Especially now that they have the rights to X-Men and Fantastic Four back too.

The next Avengers movie will probably be another 4 or 5 years away and will have an almost entirely different lineup of superheroes. Spider-Man is definitely still in and I'd say Captain Marvel is almost certainly going to return after the success of her solo movie this year. The rest of the team will be mostly new heroes who haven't had their own movies yet, like Shang Chi, whose solo movie starts shooting later this year, and The Eternals. Expect Fantastic Four and X-Men to show up at some point too.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 04/08/19 1:39pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

RodeoSchro said:

By "Endgame" do they mean it's the last comic book movie in this series?

And this isn't the Avengers with Emma Peel, is it?

.

[Edited 4/8/19 12:27pm]

It's the last movie in the "Infinity" series, which began back in 2008 with Iron Man. But it's not the end of the MCU. Think of it like this, each movie is like a chapter in a book. Avengers Endgame is the last chapter. But this is only "Book 1". Spider-Man: Far From Home, which comes out in July, I think, will be the beginning of "Book 2". And apparently Marvel have many, many "books" still to come. So you can expect plenty more Marvel movies in future. Especially now that they have the rights to X-Men and Fantastic Four back too. The next Avengers movie will probably be another 4 or 5 years away and will have an almost entirely different lineup of superheroes. Spider-Man is definitely still in and I'd say Captain Marvel is almost certainly going to return after the success of her solo movie this year. The rest of the team will be mostly new heroes who haven't had their own movies yet, like Shang Chi, whose solo movie starts shooting later this year, and The Eternals. Expect Fantastic Four and X-Men to show up at some point too.



EmmaMcG says no Emma Peel, huh? Bummer. A clear lack of Emmas, if you ask me.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 04/08/19 2:19pm

sexton

avatar

RodeoSchro said:

EmmaMcG said:

RodeoSchro said: It's the last movie in the "Infinity" series, which began back in 2008 with Iron Man. But it's not the end of the MCU. Think of it like this, each movie is like a chapter in a book. Avengers Endgame is the last chapter. But this is only "Book 1". Spider-Man: Far From Home, which comes out in July, I think, will be the beginning of "Book 2". And apparently Marvel have many, many "books" still to come. So you can expect plenty more Marvel movies in future. Especially now that they have the rights to X-Men and Fantastic Four back too. The next Avengers movie will probably be another 4 or 5 years away and will have an almost entirely different lineup of superheroes. Spider-Man is definitely still in and I'd say Captain Marvel is almost certainly going to return after the success of her solo movie this year. The rest of the team will be mostly new heroes who haven't had their own movies yet, like Shang Chi, whose solo movie starts shooting later this year, and The Eternals. Expect Fantastic Four and X-Men to show up at some point too.



EmmaMcG says no Emma Peel, huh? Bummer. A clear lack of Emmas, if you ask me.


Emma Peel was in the TV show Game of Thrones for a few years. And when I say Emma Peel, I mean Diana Rigg of course, not Uma Thurman. Her character did not suffer fools gladly.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 04/08/19 2:42pm

onlyforaminute

neutral Y'all r not funny.

My grandmother watched that, and that's most of all i remember about it.
Year of Return 2019
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 04/08/19 3:59pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

RodeoSchro said:



EmmaMcG said:


RodeoSchro said:

By "Endgame" do they mean it's the last comic book movie in this series?

And this isn't the Avengers with Emma Peel, is it?

.


[Edited 4/8/19 12:27pm]



It's the last movie in the "Infinity" series, which began back in 2008 with Iron Man. But it's not the end of the MCU. Think of it like this, each movie is like a chapter in a book. Avengers Endgame is the last chapter. But this is only "Book 1". Spider-Man: Far From Home, which comes out in July, I think, will be the beginning of "Book 2". And apparently Marvel have many, many "books" still to come. So you can expect plenty more Marvel movies in future. Especially now that they have the rights to X-Men and Fantastic Four back too. The next Avengers movie will probably be another 4 or 5 years away and will have an almost entirely different lineup of superheroes. Spider-Man is definitely still in and I'd say Captain Marvel is almost certainly going to return after the success of her solo movie this year. The rest of the team will be mostly new heroes who haven't had their own movies yet, like Shang Chi, whose solo movie starts shooting later this year, and The Eternals. Expect Fantastic Four and X-Men to show up at some point too.



EmmaMcG says no Emma Peel, huh? Bummer. A clear lack of Emmas, if you ask me.



It's probably too late for me to get into Endgame. Maybe next time razz
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 04/09/19 6:54am

ColAngus

avatar

I will probably feel "alittle bad" about the spoilers etc but ... I also can divert my attention enough from the spoilers that .... it wont matter too much ....

I just watched the first one with Thanos the other night .... it was ok but ... I admit not being that "into it " ...

Colonel Angus may be smelly. colonel angus may be a little rough . but deep down ... Colonel angus is very sweet.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 04/12/19 10:44am

happinessinits
uncutform

I am going. Although Capt Marvel was maybe a B- at best I still need to finish this Infinity Stone chapter in Marvel. Can't say I'll be following the franchise afterwards. From Black Panther to Doctor Strange to Spiderman to Cap Marvel...they all seem too boring. Everything's been tried and done as far as character development goes. Ok maybe I'll follow spidey just cause I have a soft spot for him. After that... done!! lol lol

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 04/25/19 9:51am

ColAngus

avatar

i read a review today that wasnt that good (bbc ) and

then another one that was super (local rag not sure where they got the

person who wrote it from ) ...

I am sure i will check it out at some point ....

Colonel Angus may be smelly. colonel angus may be a little rough . but deep down ... Colonel angus is very sweet.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 04/25/19 3:20pm

2045RadicalMat
tZ

avatar

damosuzuki said:

i bought a ticket for friday opening weekend today, something i never do. i usually take pains to avoid crowds in order to not have to deal with people & their phones & their popcorn & talking. i'm usually taking in a weekday matinee.

but this feels like a movie that needs to be seen with the fanboys. i have to think it will gain from seeing it with a packed audience, & i'd hope that people who went out of their way to reserve a ticket in advance will mainly be people who really want to be there watching the movie rather than being there to make small talk & browse half-heartedly through twitter.

i went to see infinity war during a weekday matinee, & it was fine. i enjoyed it, think it's one of the best marvel films. but i can't help but think my experience would have been better if i'd seen it in a room packed with sweaty, smelly fan-boy energy, so i'm hoping to get a bit of that for this viewing.

[Edited 4/6/19 17:06pm]

don't forget the omnipresent French Fry Farts.

♫"Trollin, Trolling! We could have fun just trollin'!"♫
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 04/25/19 4:45pm

FragileUnderto
w

avatar

I was going to go to today's advance screening at 6 pm.
But it sold out. My fault for not buying tickets early.
But looks like I'm going to the 10pm showing tonight excited.

:pray:
Cant believe my purple psychedelic pimp slap pimp2

And I descend from grace, In arms of undertow
I will take my place, In the great below
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Avengers: Endgame! Who is going?