independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 19th Aug 2018 3:22am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Any gamers here? Far Cry 5 compared to Far Cry 4 (SPOILERS)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 05/06/18 8:16am

ThatWhiteDude

Any gamers here? Far Cry 5 compared to Far Cry 4 (SPOILERS)

AGAIN: SPOILER WARNIING DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GET SPOILERT. How do I start? First of all, I think this game was madly overhyped, in my opinion, this game can't live up to the hype it got. It is a good game yes, but not that great.

Let me start with the villains. I think they should've picked Joseph's brother John as the main villain ( Qiuck Question btw, am I the only one who got only two scenes with him?), he has more charisma than Joseph, Jacob and Faith and he is the craziest, he's the perfect villain.

The story. Let me just say, it's not my favourite Story from the Far Cry games, all that preaching was way too much. I'm not a religious guy and these people are very radical while preaching, I often wanted to skip these scenes because they were so boring to watch. And what the fuck is up with these Amazing Grace singing Zombies? That shit was cringe worthy lol . Yes I get it, they are a cult, and they have to be crazy, but it's not my favourite kind of crazy when it comes to Far Cry. I mean, Vaas Montenegro was crazy too, but I never wanted to skip his scenes. And he actually scared me, while Joseph and his crazy bunch were only getting on my nerves, and that means that the game isn't really fun to play. The whole time I was like: "Pleae don't give me another scene with Faith." Seriously, she was so annoying and I was so glad when she was gone.

And to me it seems like you don't have so much controll over when the story ends. You can decide to do missions like, destroying convoys, outpost liberations etc, but it leads up to the villains of the game and to me it was way too fast. An example: You're on your way to an outpost and you see a convoy on your way, you destroy it and boom, John's bar was red and you have to finish him off. You didn't have a chance to do all these sidequests because of that.

The ending. To make it short, you have 2 options, you either leave Joseph's church, or you're resistent, if you chose the latter, you'll find out he's right all along and the game is done, oh and all your friends? Well they die, so it was absolutely unnecessary to save them in the first place. The ending was more than just disappointing.

Far Cry 4 was the first Far Cry game I've ever played. Yes you got less side quests, but you got a better story, a better villain and you're more in controll of when the game actually ends. Although I got to say that I felt more for the characters in Far Cry 5, Far Cry 4 is a better game than 5.

Anyone else who played the game? What do you think about it?


"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 05/06/18 8:55am

uPtoWnNY

I'm a die-hard gamer, but I'm more into the Grand Theft Auto, NBA 2k, Madden, Mortal Kombat & Unreal Tournament series. You play any of those (PS3)?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 05/06/18 3:11pm

EmmaMcG

I haven't played Far Cry 5 yet so I only really skimmed over your post but I've recently finished Far Cry 4 and I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. I'm not really a "gamer" but I do enjoy a good Mario or Zelda game from time to time and I've recently (the last 3 years or so) branched out to other games like Mass Effect, Halo and the Uncharted games. The thing is though, I tend to avoid the shooting games because a) I'm not particularly good at them and b) they feel like just shooting for no reason. I need a decent story to pull me in and give me a reason as to why I'm killing these guys. But Far Cry 4 was actually really good. The villain was a real piece of work but I kind of wanted him to win. I've been looking forward to playing Far Cry 5 but I have to wait for my brother to finish it first, then he'll give me a lend of it.

All I'm looking for in 5 is more of the same. If you can hunt, take outposts, explore the world at your leisure, then I'm in. Especially if the story is good. I've read the prequel novel and it seems like the game should be worth a go.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 05/06/18 9:29pm

dance4me3121

I'm a gamer.I dont play many games though.I usually just stick to WWE games.But i also play friday the 13th,Dead by daylight,and South Park.

If u have any of those games and want to play me,hit me up on PS4. my username is princefan98

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 05/07/18 3:59am

ThatWhiteDude

uPtoWnNY said:

I'm a die-hard gamer, but I'm more into the Grand Theft Auto, NBA 2k, Madden, Mortal Kombat & Unreal Tournament series. You play any of those (PS3)?

GTA is awesome, but I only own a Xbox one S

"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 05/07/18 4:00am

ThatWhiteDude

EmmaMcG said:

I haven't played Far Cry 5 yet so I only really skimmed over your post but I've recently finished Far Cry 4 and I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. I'm not really a "gamer" but I do enjoy a good Mario or Zelda game from time to time and I've recently (the last 3 years or so) branched out to other games like Mass Effect, Halo and the Uncharted games. The thing is though, I tend to avoid the shooting games because a) I'm not particularly good at them and b) they feel like just shooting for no reason. I need a decent story to pull me in and give me a reason as to why I'm killing these guys. But Far Cry 4 was actually really good. The villain was a real piece of work but I kind of wanted him to win. I've been looking forward to playing Far Cry 5 but I have to wait for my brother to finish it first, then he'll give me a lend of it. All I'm looking for in 5 is more of the same. If you can hunt, take outposts, explore the world at your leisure, then I'm in. Especially if the story is good. I've read the prequel novel and it seems like the game should be worth a go.

Yeah the only shooters I play are Far Cry and F.E.A.R these stories are awesome but F.E.A.R is really creepy lol

"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 05/07/18 4:02am

ThatWhiteDude

dance4me3121 said:

I'm a gamer.I dont play many games though.I usually just stick to WWE games.But i also play friday the 13th,Dead by daylight,and South Park.

If u have any of those games and want to play me,hit me up on PS4. my username is princefan98

I only own a Xbox one s

"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 05/07/18 7:26am

domainator2010

I hate games where you're looking at the world down the barrel of a gun. Which are ALL modern games, from what I can see.... sad

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 05/07/18 7:27am

domainator2010

Btw, how many people here play MOBILE games??

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 05/07/18 10:37am

EmmaMcG

domainator2010 said:

I hate games where you're looking at the world down the barrel of a gun. Which are ALL modern games, from what I can see.... sad



Obviously you've never seen Mario Odyssey, Legend of Zelda, The Witcher, Yakuza, Mario Kart, Final Fantasy, Assassin's Creed, Kingdom Hearts, the Batman Arkham Series, Telltale's Walking Dead, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Wolf Among Us etc. There's no guns in any of those. But even games that DO feature guns don't always make them the most important feature. For example, the Mass Effect series prioritises your relationship with your crew and telling a great story above the action scenes.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 05/07/18 10:39am

ThatWhiteDude

EmmaMcG said:

domainator2010 said:

I hate games where you're looking at the world down the barrel of a gun. Which are ALL modern games, from what I can see.... sad



Obviously you've never seen Mario Odyssey, Legend of Zelda, The Witcher, Yakuza, Mario Kart, Final Fantasy, Assassin's Creed, Kingdom Hearts, the Batman Arkham Series, Telltale's Walking Dead, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Wolf Among Us etc. There's no guns in any of those. But even games that DO feature guns don't always make them the most important feature. For example, the Mass Effect series prioritises your relationship with your crew and telling a great story above the action scenes.

yeahthat
"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 05/07/18 3:22pm

KoolEaze

avatar

ThatWhiteDude said:

uPtoWnNY said:

I'm a die-hard gamer, but I'm more into the Grand Theft Auto, NBA 2k, Madden, Mortal Kombat & Unreal Tournament series. You play any of those (PS3)?

GTA is awesome, but I only own a Xbox one S

I don´t get it. I thought you could play all GTA games on the Xbox One S ?

I mean, it is a state of the art, brandnew console. Why shouldn´t you be able to play GTA on it?

I still use my Xbox 360 and the last GTA (V) was basically the last great game for that console, they really went to the limit with GTA V for the Xbox 360.

.

Sorry for going off -topic.

lol

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 05/07/18 3:36pm

ThatWhiteDude

KoolEaze said:



ThatWhiteDude said:




uPtoWnNY said:


I'm a die-hard gamer, but I'm more into the Grand Theft Auto, NBA 2k, Madden, Mortal Kombat & Unreal Tournament series. You play any of those (PS3)?



GTA is awesome, but I only own a Xbox one S



I don´t get it. I thought you could play all GTA games on the Xbox One S ?


I mean, it is a state of the art, brandnew console. Why shouldn´t you be able to play GTA on it?


I still use my Xbox 360 and the last GTA (V) was basically the last great game for that console, they really went to the limit with GTA V for the Xbox 360.


.


Sorry for going off -topic.


lol


Yes you can. But He/she wrote PS3 so I thought He/she asked me If I Play on the PS3 lol
[Edited 5/7/18 15:37pm]
"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 05/07/18 3:56pm

KoolEaze

avatar

ThatWhiteDude said:

KoolEaze said:

I don´t get it. I thought you could play all GTA games on the Xbox One S ?

I mean, it is a state of the art, brandnew console. Why shouldn´t you be able to play GTA on it?

I still use my Xbox 360 and the last GTA (V) was basically the last great game for that console, they really went to the limit with GTA V for the Xbox 360.

.

Sorry for going off -topic.

lol

Yes you can. But He/she wrote PS3 so I thought He/she asked me If I Play on the PS3 lol [Edited 5/7/18 15:37pm]

Ahhh, now I see. I totally overlooked that part about the PS3.

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 05/07/18 7:08pm

Hudson

avatar

domainator2010 said:

Btw, how many people here play MOBILE games??



I play Songpop 2 everyday and I resent it for taking away time I could use for console gaming. It's so addicting I can't stop. I've managed to make it 5 or 6 weeks before I get the itch to play so I've had to accept that I will play for as long as the game is active.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 05/08/18 10:10am

EmmaMcG

ThatWhiteDude said:



dance4me3121 said:


I'm a gamer.I dont play many games though.I usually just stick to WWE games.But i also play friday the 13th,Dead by daylight,and South Park.



If u have any of those games and want to play me,hit me up on PS4. my username is princefan98



I only own a Xbox one s



Ever thought of upgrading to the Xbox One X?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 05/08/18 10:20am

ThatWhiteDude

EmmaMcG said:

ThatWhiteDude said:



dance4me3121 said:


I'm a gamer.I dont play many games though.I usually just stick to WWE games.But i also play friday the 13th,Dead by daylight,and South Park.



If u have any of those games and want to play me,hit me up on PS4. my username is princefan98



I only own a Xbox one s



Ever thought of upgrading to the Xbox One X?

Yeah I'm actually saving up money for that. smile
"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 05/08/18 11:04am

EmmaMcG

ThatWhiteDude said:

EmmaMcG said:



Ever thought of upgrading to the Xbox One X?

Yeah I'm actually saving up money for that. smile


I got my fiancé one but I knew he doesn't really play games that often outside of the odd sports game so I really bought it for myself confused
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 05/08/18 12:51pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

i might give it a rent sometime soon. I am looking forward to Dragon Quest XI and Red Dead 2... i also need to finish Dragon Quest Builders.... (I am disappointed in that as it had way too little RPG elements and the story mode town building it too restrictive.)

Anyone for banning the AR15 must be on the side of the criminal as once banned only criminals will have them.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 05/09/18 7:00am

ThatWhiteDude

EmmaMcG said:

ThatWhiteDude said:


Yeah I'm actually saving up money for that. smile


I got my fiancé one but I knew he doesn't really play games that often outside of the odd sports game so I really bought it for myself confused

Is the X good?
"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 05/09/18 7:01am

ThatWhiteDude

OnlyNDaUsa said:

i might give it a rent sometime soon. I am looking forward to Dragon Quest XI and Red Dead 2... i also need to finish Dragon Quest Builders.... (I am disappointed in that as it had way too little RPG elements and the story mode town building it too restrictive.)


Red Dead 2 will be one of my Highlights this year.
"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 05/09/18 7:06am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

ThatWhiteDude said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

i might give it a rent sometime soon. I am looking forward to Dragon Quest XI and Red Dead 2... i also need to finish Dragon Quest Builders.... (I am disappointed in that as it had way too little RPG elements and the story mode town building it too restrictive.)

Red Dead 2 will be one of my Highlights this year.

I know I know! I have an Xbox ONE and the internet gold? but I also have a PS4 with just the standard connection...but I may have to pony (haha) up the money for at least a year if RDR2 has online play.

I also might check out the next Hitman (I played most of the most reason one and they say the next one will be a big step up)

Anyone for banning the AR15 must be on the side of the criminal as once banned only criminals will have them.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 05/09/18 7:47am

EmmaMcG

ThatWhiteDude said:

EmmaMcG said:



I got my fiancé one but I knew he doesn't really play games that often outside of the odd sports game so I really bought it for myself confused

Is the X good?


Really good. The 4k makes for a big improvement. You can also play 4k UHD blu rays on it too, which is a plus. He was playing Forza on it a few days ago. I'm not kidding, the game looks so lifelike. You'd be forgiven for thinking it's real.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 05/09/18 7:51am

EmmaMcG

ThatWhiteDude said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

i might give it a rent sometime soon. I am looking forward to Dragon Quest XI and Red Dead 2... i also need to finish Dragon Quest Builders.... (I am disappointed in that as it had way too little RPG elements and the story mode town building it too restrictive.)


Red Dead 2 will be one of my Highlights this year.


I'm currently playing the first one on the Xbox One X. It's recently been updated for 4k and it looks amazing. Fun game, too. I love a good western. My only complaint is that the main character isn't Timothy Olyphant. Now THAT would be perfect.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 05/10/18 8:22am

ThatWhiteDude

EmmaMcG said:

ThatWhiteDude said:
Is the X good?
Really good. The 4k makes for a big improvement. You can also play 4k UHD blu rays on it too, which is a plus. He was playing Forza on it a few days ago. I'm not kidding, the game looks so lifelike. You'd be forgiven for thinking it's real.

I can't wait to get this console biggrin

"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 05/10/18 3:20pm

EmmaMcG

ThatWhiteDude said:



EmmaMcG said:


ThatWhiteDude said:
Is the X good?

Really good. The 4k makes for a big improvement. You can also play 4k UHD blu rays on it too, which is a plus. He was playing Forza on it a few days ago. I'm not kidding, the game looks so lifelike. You'd be forgiven for thinking it's real.

I can't wait to get this console biggrin



Just think about what Red Dead Redemption 2 would look like in 4k.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 05/10/18 3:21pm

EmmaMcG

ThatWhiteDude said:



EmmaMcG said:


ThatWhiteDude said:
Is the X good?

Really good. The 4k makes for a big improvement. You can also play 4k UHD blu rays on it too, which is a plus. He was playing Forza on it a few days ago. I'm not kidding, the game looks so lifelike. You'd be forgiven for thinking it's real.

I can't wait to get this console biggrin



I also have a ps4 Pro, which was a "gift" from my brother. It doesn't seem as impressive as the X though. Maybe I just don't have the right games to show it off.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 05/11/18 3:06pm

ThatWhiteDude

EmmaMcG said:

ThatWhiteDude said:

I can't wait to get this console biggrin

I also have a ps4 Pro, which was a "gift" from my brother. It doesn't seem as impressive as the X though. Maybe I just don't have the right games to show it off.

I read that the ps4 Pro doesn't run on 60fps like the X does.

"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 05/12/18 1:08am

EmmaMcG

ThatWhiteDude said:



EmmaMcG said:


ThatWhiteDude said:


I can't wait to get this console biggrin



I also have a ps4 Pro, which was a "gift" from my brother. It doesn't seem as impressive as the X though. Maybe I just don't have the right games to show it off.

I read that the ps4 Pro doesn't run on 60fps like the X does.



It does with some games but as far as I know, if a game is released on both ps4 and xbox one, the X will always run it better than the pro. Having said that, my favourite of the 3 consoles is the Switch, which is technically behind both the ps4 and the Xbox One.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 05/13/18 2:33pm

ThatWhiteDude

EmmaMcG said:

ThatWhiteDude said:

I read that the ps4 Pro doesn't run on 60fps like the X does.

It does with some games but as far as I know, if a game is released on both ps4 and xbox one, the X will always run it better than the pro. Having said that, my favourite of the 3 consoles is the Switch, which is technically behind both the ps4 and the Xbox One.

Yeah, the Switch is awesome I played more hours on it than I did with the Xbox One

"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Any gamers here? Far Cry 5 compared to Far Cry 4 (SPOILERS)