independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 21st Oct 2017 2:21pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Most shows have been cancelled or renewed
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #60 posted 05/16/17 3:04pm

kpowers

avatar

morningsong said:

Hudson said:

I haven't seen Star Trek outside of the first 10 episodes of TOS. Does this qualify as a parody of TNG?


lol lol



I'm watching! Oh, yeah!


Yeah, it's ST inspired but it's a combination of other shows too and seems to have it's own flavor.

Yeah me too, though I wished they didn't make his first officer his ex-wife (so tired of that and now they have to work together)

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #61 posted 05/16/17 3:27pm

kpowers

avatar

Chancellor said:

The Networks can appreciate the Fact that I'm a DVR-Whore...I have several Dramas recorded and I don't have time to watch them all....Nielsen monitors your DVR and everything you Pre-record or watch live is included in their Ratings..

I always wonder how accurate that is on how many people are watching. Like if I hear the Super Bowl ratings are down, how you figure if people are throwing super bowl parties at some ones house? Does it count ALL 100 people watching the game at some ones house? What about sports bars too? Just curious.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #62 posted 05/17/17 8:46am

Hudson

avatar

Complete Bull Shit network schedule

MONDAY
8 pm The Big Bang Theory
8:30 9JKL
9 pm Kevin Can Wait
9: 30 ME MYSELF & I
10 pm Scorpion

MONDAY (after Thursday Night Football concludes on Thursday, Oct. 26)
8 pm Kevin Can Wait
8:30 9JKL
9 pm ME MYSELF & I
9: 30 Superior Donuts
10 pm Scorpion

TUESDAY
8 pm NCIS
9 pm Bull
10 pm NCIS: New Orleans

WEDNESDAY
8 pm Survivor
9 pm SEAL TEAM
10 pm Criminal Minds

THURSDAY
8 pm Thursday Night Football

THURSDAY (after football concludes)
8 pm The Big Bang Theory
8:30 pm YOUNG SHELDON
9 pm Mom
9:30 Life in Pieces
10 pm S.W.A.T.

FRIDAY
8 pm Macgyver
9 pm Hawaii Five-0
10 pm Blue Bloods

SATURDAY
8 pm Crimetime Saturday (drama series encores)
9 pm Crimetime Saturday (drama series encores)
10 pm 48 Hours

SUNDAY
7 pm 60 Minutes
8 pm WISDOM OF THE CROWD
9 pm NCIS: Los Angeles
10 pm Madam Secretary

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #63 posted 05/17/17 11:20am

kpowers

avatar

Hudson said:

Complete Bull Shit network schedule


At least it aint Chicago Bull Shit

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #64 posted 05/17/17 11:33am

kpowers

avatar

Why can't Network TV (Yes Netflix has all the "Vigilante" characters) give us a Marvel super hero show that doesn't look like NBC's Heroes?? Talking about the Gifted on FOX and Marvels inhumans. Why not a Ghost Rider spin off from Agents of shield? He kicked ass on that show. How about the Fantastic 4, Spider Woman or She Hulk. And don't tell me it's because they are saving them for the movies. Flash is on TV and his character will be in the Justice league movies. Superman has appeared on Supergirl.

Image result for ghost rider agents of shieldImage result for ghost rider agents of shield gifImage result for spider womanImage result for she hulk civil war

Image result for fantastic four

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #65 posted 05/17/17 12:21pm

kpowers

avatar

Hudson said:

Complete Bull Shit network schedule

MONDAY
8 pm The Big Bang Theory
8:30 9JKL
9 pm Kevin Can Wait
9: 30 ME MYSELF & I
10 pm Scorpion

MONDAY (after Thursday Night Football concludes on Thursday, Oct. 26)
8 pm Kevin Can Wait
8:30 9JKL
9 pm ME MYSELF & I
9: 30 Superior Donuts
10 pm Scorpion

TUESDAY
8 pm NCIS
9 pm Bull
10 pm NCIS: New Orleans

WEDNESDAY
8 pm Survivor
9 pm SEAL TEAM
10 pm Criminal Minds

THURSDAY
8 pm Thursday Night Football

THURSDAY (after football concludes)
8 pm The Big Bang Theory
8:30 pm YOUNG SHELDON
9 pm Mom
9:30 Life in Pieces
10 pm S.W.A.T.

FRIDAY
8 pm Macgyver
9 pm Hawaii Five-0
10 pm Blue Bloods

SATURDAY
8 pm Crimetime Saturday (drama series encores)
9 pm Crimetime Saturday (drama series encores)
10 pm 48 Hours

SUNDAY
7 pm 60 Minutes
8 pm WISDOM OF THE CROWD
9 pm NCIS: Los Angeles
10 pm Madam Secretary

For CBS I only watch Football and the Big Bang Theory. Did watch Supergirl when it was on CBS. Scorpion looks good but haven't seen it. Will check out young Sheldon.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #66 posted 05/17/17 12:48pm

sexton

avatar

kpowers said:

Why can't Network TV (Yes Netflix has all the "Vigilante" characters) give us a Marvel super hero show that doesn't look like NBC's Heroes?? Talking about the Gifted on FOX and Marvels inhumans. Why not a Ghost Rider spin off from Agents of shield? He kicked ass on that show. How about the Fantastic 4, Spider Woman or She Hulk. And don't tell me it's because they are saving them for the movies. Flash is on TV and his character will be in the Justice league movies. Superman has appeared on Supergirl.


Fox is saving The Fantastic Four for the movies.

There is a rumor about a Spider-Woman show coming to Netflix.

She-Hulk may never get her own anything because she could be tied to the red tape that prevents Hulk from getting his own film.

DC can have their characters appear in both movies and TV because those mediums don't share a universe like the Marvel Studios productions do. So the Marvel actors would have to be the same in both movies and TV and TV networks don't have the budgets to afford movie stars. The only reason why the Inhumans is coming to TV is because the Marvel Studios movie division passed on it. I haven't seen any footage beyond a cast photo for Inhumans so I can't say yet that it looks like Heroes.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #67 posted 05/17/17 1:20pm

kpowers

avatar

sexton said:

kpowers said:

Why can't Network TV (Yes Netflix has all the "Vigilante" characters) give us a Marvel super hero show that doesn't look like NBC's Heroes?? Talking about the Gifted on FOX and Marvels inhumans. Why not a Ghost Rider spin off from Agents of shield? He kicked ass on that show. How about the Fantastic 4, Spider Woman or She Hulk. And don't tell me it's because they are saving them for the movies. Flash is on TV and his character will be in the Justice league movies. Superman has appeared on Supergirl.


Fox is saving The Fantastic Four for the movies.

There is a rumor about a Spider-Woman show coming to Netflix.

She-Hulk may never get her own anything because she could be tied to the red tape that prevents Hulk from getting his own film.

DC can have their characters appear in both movies and TV because those mediums don't share a universe like the Marvel Studios productions do. So the Marvel actors would have to be the same in both movies and TV and TV networks don't have the budgets to afford movie stars. The only reason why the Inhumans is coming to TV is because the Marvel Studios movie division passed on it. I haven't seen any footage beyond a cast photo for Inhumans so I can't say yet that it looks like Heroes.

Excuses.

[Edited 5/17/17 13:22pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #68 posted 05/17/17 2:39pm

kpowers

avatar

sexton said:

kpowers said:

Why can't Network TV (Yes Netflix has all the "Vigilante" characters) give us a Marvel super hero show that doesn't look like NBC's Heroes?? Talking about the Gifted on FOX and Marvels inhumans. Why not a Ghost Rider spin off from Agents of shield? He kicked ass on that show. How about the Fantastic 4, Spider Woman or She Hulk. And don't tell me it's because they are saving them for the movies. Flash is on TV and his character will be in the Justice league movies. Superman has appeared on Supergirl.


Fox is saving The Fantastic Four for the movies.

There is a rumor about a Spider-Woman show coming to Netflix.

She-Hulk may never get her own anything because she could be tied to the red tape that prevents Hulk from getting his own film.

DC can have their characters appear in both movies and TV because those mediums don't share a universe like the Marvel Studios productions do. So the Marvel actors would have to be the same in both movies and TV and TV networks don't have the budgets to afford movie stars. The only reason why the Inhumans is coming to TV is because the Marvel Studios movie division passed on it. I haven't seen any footage beyond a cast photo for Inhumans so I can't say yet that it looks like Heroes.

Hate red tape. Here is a great true story of a very popular franchised getting around red tape. ln the early 1970's Lou Scheimer of Filmation studio wanted to do a cartoon version of Star Trek. He went to the source, Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry and asked that he wanted to do a cartoon version of Star Trek. Gene Roddenberry said he loved the ideal but he only owned half the rights to Star Trek and Paramount owns the other half, "would love to do it but can't because of the Studio" said Gene. Well Lou Scheimer lit a match under Roddenberry's ass and said "hey why not just ask the studio if they are willing to do it" thus Star Trek the Animated series was made.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #69 posted 05/17/17 5:11pm

Hudson

avatar

Young Sheldon

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #70 posted 05/17/17 6:22pm

kpowers

avatar

Hudson said:

Young Sheldon

looks cute, good casting for Sheldon's mom

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #71 posted 05/17/17 10:02pm

sexton

avatar

kpowers said:

sexton said:


Fox is saving The Fantastic Four for the movies.

There is a rumor about a Spider-Woman show coming to Netflix.

She-Hulk may never get her own anything because she could be tied to the red tape that prevents Hulk from getting his own film.

DC can have their characters appear in both movies and TV because those mediums don't share a universe like the Marvel Studios productions do. So the Marvel actors would have to be the same in both movies and TV and TV networks don't have the budgets to afford movie stars. The only reason why the Inhumans is coming to TV is because the Marvel Studios movie division passed on it. I haven't seen any footage beyond a cast photo for Inhumans so I can't say yet that it looks like Heroes.

Hate red tape. Here is a great true story of a very popular franchised getting around red tape. ln the early 1970's Lou Scheimer of Filmation studio wanted to do a cartoon version of Star Trek. He went to the source, Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry and asked that he wanted to do a cartoon version of Star Trek. Gene Roddenberry said he loved the ideal but he only owned half the rights to Star Trek and Paramount owns the other half, "would love to do it but can't because of the Studio" said Gene. Well Lou Scheimer lit a match under Roddenberry's ass and said "hey why not just ask the studio if they are willing to do it" thus Star Trek the Animated series was made.


Animated series are not a problem. She-Hulk has already appeared in the Hulk cartoon on Disney XD

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #72 posted 05/17/17 11:45pm

kpowers

avatar

sexton said:

kpowers said:

Hate red tape. Here is a great true story of a very popular franchised getting around red tape. ln the early 1970's Lou Scheimer of Filmation studio wanted to do a cartoon version of Star Trek. He went to the source, Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry and asked that he wanted to do a cartoon version of Star Trek. Gene Roddenberry said he loved the ideal but he only owned half the rights to Star Trek and Paramount owns the other half, "would love to do it but can't because of the Studio" said Gene. Well Lou Scheimer lit a match under Roddenberry's ass and said "hey why not just ask the studio if they are willing to do it" thus Star Trek the Animated series was made.


Animated series are not a problem. She-Hulk has already appeared in the Hulk cartoon on Disney XD

open-uri20150422-20810-j1pq9o_a8584e74.jpeg

Actually that is not true. The Super Friends wanted to have black lighting on the show but the creator of the character said no so they invented black Vulcan. They wanted to have the Joker as apart of the legion of doom but the Joker was already on CBS the Adventures of Batman at the time and CBS said no to that. And as I stated both sides had to agree to have Star Trek made into an animated series.


[Edited 5/17/17 23:49pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #73 posted 05/18/17 4:34am

sexton

avatar

kpowers said:


Actually that is not true. The Super Friends wanted to have black lighting on the show but the creator of the character said no so they invented black Vulcan. They wanted to have the Joker as apart of the legion of doom but the Joker was already on CBS the Adventures of Batman at the time and CBS said no to that. And as I stated both sides had to agree to have Star Trek made into an animated series.



[Edited 5/17/17 23:49pm]



I wasn't talking about The Super Friends. Animated series are not a problem concerning the Hulk and related characters.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #74 posted 05/18/17 11:52am

Hudson

avatar

CW



On tap for midseason: Returning series iZombie, The 100 and The Originals, as well as new entries BLACK LIGHTNING and LIFE SENTENCE. (WATCH TRAILERS)




MONDAY
8 pm Supergirl
9 pm VALOR (WATCH TRAILER)

TUESDAY
8 pm The Flash
9 pm DC’s Legends of Tomorrow

WEDNESDAY
8 pm Riverdale (new time slot)
9 pm DYNASTY (WATCH TRAILER)

THURSDAY
8 pm Supernatural
9 pm Arrow (new time slot)

FRIDAY
8 pm Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (new time slot)
9 pm Jane the Virgin (new time slot)

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #75 posted 05/18/17 12:12pm

Hudson

avatar

TV Schedule Fall 2017

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #76 posted 05/18/17 12:24pm

kpowers

avatar

sexton said:

kpowers said:

Actually that is not true. The Super Friends wanted to have black lighting on the show but the creator of the character said no so they invented black Vulcan. They wanted to have the Joker as apart of the legion of doom but the Joker was already on CBS the Adventures of Batman at the time and CBS said no to that. And as I stated both sides had to agree to have Star Trek made into an animated series.


[Edited 5/17/17 23:49pm]

I wasn't talking about The Super Friends. Animated series are not a problem concerning the Hulk and related characters.

It is the same.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #77 posted 05/18/17 12:26pm

kpowers

avatar

sexton said:

kpowers said:

Hate red tape. Here is a great true story of a very popular franchised getting around red tape. ln the early 1970's Lou Scheimer of Filmation studio wanted to do a cartoon version of Star Trek. He went to the source, Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry and asked that he wanted to do a cartoon version of Star Trek. Gene Roddenberry said he loved the ideal but he only owned half the rights to Star Trek and Paramount owns the other half, "would love to do it but can't because of the Studio" said Gene. Well Lou Scheimer lit a match under Roddenberry's ass and said "hey why not just ask the studio if they are willing to do it" thus Star Trek the Animated series was made.


Animated series are not a problem. She-Hulk has already appeared in the Hulk cartoon on Disney XD

You also missed the whole point of my story. Not always, but some times if both sides just talk to each other (like in life) shit can get done.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #78 posted 05/18/17 12:45pm

kpowers

avatar

Hudson said:

TV Schedule Fall 2017

Don't like all the "Reboot" series SWAT,Dynasty, MacGyver, Hawaii 5-O. I don't mind Will and Grace since it's the main cast coming back and they are continuing their story. Also don't mind Star Trek Discovery (and all the other spin off series) because they are continuing the story (unlike JJ Abrams movie by changing the stories). Now I don't mind spin offs, like in the case of Star Trek. You make a spin off because one of the series is coming to an end, like STNG was coming to an end then they put on DS9, little bit of an over lap. However the networks have overloaded spin offs putting 3 or 4 series at the same time (CSI, NCSI, Law and Order, Chicago NBC).

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #79 posted 05/18/17 12:56pm

kpowers

avatar

Hudson said:

CW



On tap for midseason: Returning series iZombie, The 100 and The Originals, as well as new entries BLACK LIGHTNING and LIFE SENTENCE. (WATCH TRAILERS)




MONDAY
8 pm Supergirl
9 pm VALOR (WATCH TRAILER)

TUESDAY
8 pm The Flash
9 pm DC’s Legends of Tomorrow

WEDNESDAY
8 pm Riverdale (new time slot)
9 pm DYNASTY (WATCH TRAILER)

THURSDAY
8 pm Supernatural
9 pm Arrow (new time slot)

FRIDAY
8 pm Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (new time slot)
9 pm Jane the Virgin (new time slot)

Black Lightning - Don't like the beard. Suit, not sure looks to robotic. Wonder if there will be cross over with the DC shows, guessing not right away because they want to develope the series. Still like the white mask better than the goggles. Gonna watch it.

Image result for black lightning

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #80 posted 05/18/17 1:37pm

kpowers

avatar

Hudson said:

SHIELD will take over for Inhumans once its 8 episodes are over.

marvels-inhumans.jpg?w=620

ok so when I clicked onto Marvels inhuman it showed me the Lucy Hale's new show so I thought she was in Marvels inhumans, thus it looked like ordinary people getting powers looking like NBC Heroes, though gifted comes off like that. This show has X-men feel to it. Sounds like no plans to have a Agents of shield cross over with inhumans

[Edited 5/18/17 13:55pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #81 posted 05/18/17 4:16pm

sexton

avatar

kpowers said:

sexton said:


Animated series are not a problem. She-Hulk has already appeared in the Hulk cartoon on Disney XD

open-uri20150422-20810-j1pq9o_a8584e74.jpeg

You also missed the whole point of my story. Not always, but some times if both sides just talk to each other (like in life) shit can get done.


Edit: Okay, but I don't see that happening here with a Hulk movie.

[Edited 5/18/17 16:27pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #82 posted 05/18/17 4:19pm

sexton

avatar

kpowers said:

sexton said:

kpowers said: I wasn't talking about The Super Friends. Animated series are not a problem concerning the Hulk and related characters.

It is the same.


I think it's different for movies because the stakes are much bigger.

[Edited 5/18/17 16:32pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #83 posted 05/19/17 8:11pm

Goddess4Real

avatar

Back in the day I used to love watching re-runs of Dynasty, and after watching the trailer for the reboot......I'm not liking what I see......its just not campy enough shrug First Look: CW’s ‘Dynasty’ Reboot Varies In Significant Ways From Campy Original http://losangeles.cbsloca...cw-reboot/

Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #84 posted 05/20/17 3:47pm

kpowers

avatar

sexton said:

kpowers said:

It is the same.


I think it's different for movies because the stakes are much bigger.

[Edited 5/18/17 16:32pm]

That's true but copy rights still applies. Once again things CAN get done if both sides talk to each other and agree on things, like the Roger Rabbit movie

ssquienenganoarogerrabbit8.jpg

[Edited 5/20/17 15:48pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #85 posted 05/20/17 3:48pm

kpowers

avatar

Goddess4Real said:

Back in the day I used to love watching re-runs of Dynasty, and after watching the trailer for the reboot......I'm not liking what I see......its just not campy enough shrug First Look: CW’s ‘Dynasty’ Reboot Varies In Significant Ways From Campy Original http://losangeles.cbsloca...cw-reboot/

Won't make it passed season 1

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #86 posted 05/21/17 8:37pm

Goddess4Real

avatar

kpowers said:

Goddess4Real said:

Back in the day I used to love watching re-runs of Dynasty, and after watching the trailer for the reboot......I'm not liking what I see......its just not campy enough shrug First Look: CW’s ‘Dynasty’ Reboot Varies In Significant Ways From Campy Original http://losangeles.cbsloca...cw-reboot/

Won't make it passed season 1

Yuuuup it will probably get axed mid season lol what they really need to do is bring back Devious Maids nod

[Edited 5/21/17 20:38pm]

Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #87 posted 05/21/17 9:02pm

Hudson

avatar

Dynasty only needs to match the ratings of it's modestly rated lead-in, Riverdale, to get renewed.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #88 posted 05/23/17 1:43am

Hudson

avatar

Chicago Justice was just cancelled. falloff

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #89 posted 05/23/17 2:21am

kpowers

avatar

Hudson said:

Dynasty only needs to match the ratings of it's modestly rated lead-in, Riverdale, to get renewed.

Don't think the CW crowd will flock to watch it. Like the Melrose place reboot they did a few years ago, don't think it will make it to next season.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Most shows have been cancelled or renewed