independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Discuss Anything & Everything MJ, The Jackson Five and the New Album
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #120 posted 06/27/14 10:19am

Derek1984

avatar

Cloudbuster said:

thesexofit said:

Anyway heres that "(carry on) Stay" song....

https://www.facebook.com/...4368543014

And no this link is not illegal or whatever as it is NOT Michael Jackson. Sorry Derek1984, you've been had mate. The song itself is OK, but to pass these off as real is disgraceful and pathetic. "Breaking news" was just so fake it was actually funny. "Stay" is better, but that definately ain't Michael.


Sure ain't him. And eternal shame on Sony for trying to pass those songs off as genuine.
However, it has been said that any future MJ release will not include any of the Cascio recordings.

Yes, that's the song. I still believe this to be Michael Jackson. The notes, adlibs, and falsetto seem on point to me. The other fake songs I could tell right away. I'm getting a different vibe from this one.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #121 posted 06/27/14 11:21am

Cloudbuster

avatar

Derek1984 said:

Yes, that's the song. I still believe this to be Michael Jackson. The notes, adlibs, and falsetto seem on point to me. The other fake songs I could tell right away. I'm getting a different vibe from this one.


We'll have to agree to disagree, sounds nothing like Mike to my ears.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #122 posted 06/27/14 1:07pm

Schubert

Cloudbuster said:

Derek1984 said:

Yes, that's the song. I still believe this to be Michael Jackson. The notes, adlibs, and falsetto seem on point to me. The other fake songs I could tell right away. I'm getting a different vibe from this one.


We'll have to agree to disagree, sounds nothing like Mike to my ears.

It's a longstanding rumor that it was Latoya who actually wrote the lyrics to those songs and then passed them off as Michael's. Remember the songs she had on a pen the day MJ died. Well, that's it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #123 posted 06/27/14 1:23pm

Derek1984

avatar

Cloudbuster said:

Derek1984 said:

Yes, that's the song. I still believe this to be Michael Jackson. The notes, adlibs, and falsetto seem on point to me. The other fake songs I could tell right away. I'm getting a different vibe from this one.


We'll have to agree to disagree, sounds nothing like Mike to my ears.

Thr vocals sound more authentic to me than anything on the Michael album or any other Cascio leaks. Is this track even confirmed to be from Cascio? Guess I'm the minority.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #124 posted 06/27/14 1:33pm

Schubert

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #125 posted 06/27/14 1:52pm

Cloudbuster

avatar

Derek1984 said:

Cloudbuster said:


We'll have to agree to disagree, sounds nothing like Mike to my ears.

Thr vocals sound more authentic to me than anything on the Michael album or any other Cascio leaks. Is this track even confirmed to be from Cascio? Guess I'm the minority.


I've no idea if it's been confirmed or not. The vocals, however, sound identical to the three tracks from 2010 that clearly weren't Mike.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #126 posted 06/27/14 2:12pm

Cloudbuster

avatar

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #127 posted 06/27/14 9:53pm

kellistarr120

Cinnamon234 said:

alphastreet said:

Thoughts on the new book?

It's a good read. I found the bodyguards to be candid, respectful and honest. Reading the book made me sad because it really made you realize how isolated and lonely MJ was. What a sad way to live. There were things that made me laugh or smile but mainly I was saddened by how alone he was and how unhappy he seemed. Financial issues, he was always being sued. He didn't have contact with anyone in his family for the most part-only his Mother. I was also surprised to learn that MJ really wasn't interested in making music to release anymore. That's what it seemed like. He didn't even want to do "Thriller 25" but just did it cause he owed SONY. It was just a quick way to make money and pay some of his never ending debts. What a stressful, unhappy life he seemed to lead. I'm surprised really he even lasted as long as he did. I am glad tho that he had his kids. That seemed to be the one bright spot in his life.

If this is a true story, it doesn't surprise me that he lacked the passion and the drive to do more music. Maybe he just wanted to live his life and that no longer included the music except music was his life and the bills still had to get paid. I can't believe being sued "stressed" him, that just went along with the territory of being Michael Jackson. I did check out this book and frankly, I'm tired of reading pitiful stories about Michael. The other book, Michael Jackson, INC, that's the one to get if you want to read something interesting and fascinating about Michael Jackson and how he inspired so many that came after him with his great business acumen.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #128 posted 06/27/14 10:18pm

kellistarr120

Schubert said:

I don't know what ya'll beefin' about, but I've always liked me some Latoya. When I first saw her on the cover of Ebony magazine with the rest of her family, I was enthralled. She has always been beautiful to me. I'm still a fan of hers to this day. I always liked her singing voice as well, not that it was great or even good but it passed and I liked the sound of it. I think she's talented and very commercial. Notwithstanding, her enhancements, I don't agree that everything has been enhanced but I still think she's pretty and classy.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #129 posted 06/28/14 8:36am

Beautifulstarr
123

avatar

kellistarr120 said:

Schubert said:

I don't know what ya'll beefin' about, but I've always liked me some Latoya. When I first saw her on the cover of Ebony magazine with the rest of her family, I was enthralled. She has always been beautiful to me. I'm still a fan of hers to this day. I always liked her singing voice as well, not that it was great or even good but it passed and I liked the sound of it. I think she's talented and very commercial. Notwithstanding, her enhancements, I don't agree that everything has been enhanced but I still think she's pretty and classy.

She looks crazy in the last picture, though lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #130 posted 06/28/14 10:23am

amit1234

avatar

Derek1984 said:

Cloudbuster said:


Sure ain't him. And eternal shame on Sony for trying to pass those songs off as genuine.
However, it has been said that any future MJ release will not include any of the Cascio recordings.

Yes, that's the song. I still believe this to be Michael Jackson. The notes, adlibs, and falsetto seem on point to me. The other fake songs I could tell right away. I'm getting a different vibe from this one.

THAT SHIT IS NOT MICHAEL!

F*CK THE CASCIO BROTHERS FOR TRYING TO PULL OFF THIS SHIT. DISGRACEFUL!

[Edited 6/28/14 10:23am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #131 posted 06/28/14 3:07pm

Scorp

amit1234 said:

Derek1984 said:

Yes, that's the song. I still believe this to be Michael Jackson. The notes, adlibs, and falsetto seem on point to me. The other fake songs I could tell right away. I'm getting a different vibe from this one.

THAT SHIT IS NOT MICHAEL!

F*CK THE CASCIO BROTHERS FOR TRYING TO PULL OFF THIS SHIT. DISGRACEFUL!

[Edited 6/28/14 10:23am]

but the estate was in on the sham too

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #132 posted 06/28/14 3:43pm

Miles

Beautifulstarr123 said:

kellistarr120 said:

I don't know what ya'll beefin' about, but I've always liked me some Latoya. When I first saw her on the cover of Ebony magazine with the rest of her family, I was enthralled. She has always been beautiful to me. I'm still a fan of hers to this day. I always liked her singing voice as well, not that it was great or even good but it passed and I liked the sound of it. I think she's talented and very commercial. Notwithstanding, her enhancements, I don't agree that everything has been enhanced but I still think she's pretty and classy.

She looks crazy in the last picture, though lol

Is she turning into Yoko Ono? Looks like it on that last one eek wink

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #133 posted 06/28/14 4:22pm

SeventeenDayze

Why do I get the feeling that we are going to have a Latoya Jackson sticky created here on the Org soon smile

Trolls be gone!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #134 posted 06/28/14 5:33pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

Beautifulstarr123 said:

kellistarr120 said:

She looks crazy in the last picture, though lol

.

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #135 posted 06/28/14 6:24pm

getfunked

avatar

Ignore Schubert, they're just a very unskilled troll.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #136 posted 07/01/14 9:51am

NaughtyKitty

avatar

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #137 posted 07/01/14 10:02am

SeventeenDayze

NaughtyKitty said:

Wow, this is the first time I've ever seen a pic of him wearing the glove while not performing! This is a really cool pic, thanks for sharing! smile

Trolls be gone!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #138 posted 07/01/14 11:07am

dm3857

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #139 posted 07/01/14 5:57pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

'Private' Michael Jackson Footage Sets off Lawsuit

New documentary intends to use behind-the-scenes footage shot in 2007

Michael Jackson
Carl de Souza/AFP
June 28, 2014 6:26 PM ET

Behind-the-scenes footage of Michael Jackson shot in 2007 has set off a lawsuit between the production company behind a new documentary and the executors of Jackson's estate.

Michael Jackson: 25 Essential Moments

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Noval Williams Films, the production company behind Michael: The Last Photo Shoots, is suing to show that it has valid rights to use the footage. The film's director, Craig Williams, says that the footage was taken during an interview and photo shoot for Ebony Magazine at the Brooklyn Museum of Art as Jackson was staging his U.S. comeback after living abroad for years. It was his first magazine interview in a decade.

Howard Weitzman, an attorney for Jackson's estate, says that the footage in question is private and owned by the estate. "The makers of the documentary are attempting to exploit footage and photographs of Michael Jackson, which we believe are owned by his Estate," Weitzman says. "The documentary contains footage of Michael during private moments that he never agreed could be publicly and commercially exploited without his consent and/or involvement. Michael never authorized or approved the use of this material in the film."

Noval Williams Films claims in the suit that the Jackson estate had been given the chance to purchase rights to the footage in 2011 and passed on it. Craig Williams says he validly obtained the rights in 2013. Weitzman, on the other hand, has claimed that the footage was shot as "work-for-hire," which would mean that Jackson is considered the author for copyright purposes. The production company is seeking declaratory relief that it is not infringing on copyrights.



Read more: http://www.rollingstone.c...z36GgCMFP2
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #140 posted 07/01/14 7:32pm

NaughtyKitty

avatar

SeventeenDayze said:

NaughtyKitty said:

Wow, this is the first time I've ever seen a pic of him wearing the glove while not performing! This is a really cool pic, thanks for sharing! smile

You're welcome SeventeenDayze! Its a cool and rare pic, Michael looks like a dapper dude nod

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #141 posted 07/01/14 8:54pm

silverchild

avatar

An impression video on the 30th anniversary of The Jacksons' landmark 1984 album, "Victory." How well does it hold up? Why is it one of the most unheralded albums in the Jacksons' catalog?

Check me out and add me on:
www.last.fm/user/brandosoul
"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #142 posted 07/01/14 8:59pm

SeventeenDayze

silverchild said:

An impression video on the 30th anniversary of The Jacksons' landmark 1984 album, "Victory." How well does it hold up? Why is it one of the most unheralded albums in the Jacksons' catalog?

Thanks for posting this. This album is fantastic! I think one of the reasons it was perhaps lost in the shuffle (for some people) is that Thriller was still knocking 'em dead in '84. It's hard to imagine that nowadays that albums seldom have a single that people remember longer than a few minutes wink

Trolls be gone!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #143 posted 07/02/14 3:47pm

Derek1984

avatar

I never understood why Be Not Always made the album. It's just a filler. Especially when you had Dileo and MJ himself talking up Buffalo Bill around this time.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #144 posted 07/03/14 1:21pm

dm3857

Derek1984 said:

I never understood why Be Not Always made the album. It's just a filler. Especially when you had Dileo and MJ himself talking up Buffalo Bill around this time.

Same here! I've never understood why Buffalo Bill wasn't on there, same things for the freddy mercurry duet "Victory" I think if the Victory Album tracklist were:

Torture

State of Shock (with Mick Jagger)

Wait

Tell Me I'm Not Dreamin

One More Chance

Buffalo Bill

The Hurt

Body

Victory (With Freddy Mercury)

That would have been great.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #145 posted 07/04/14 11:37am

KCOOLMUZIQ

dm3857 said:

For those of you who where around in the mid 80's - 90's. could you tell me a little bit about what happened when Janet came onto the scene. I don't really know how to word that,lol. But basically, I'm wanting to get into Janet, for a long time I was under the impression that Janet was only Janet because her brother was Michael Jackson. Could anyone that lived through the era tell me about some of Janets influences on Popular music/culture?

Thanks!

I'll start at the beginning. Janet being the youngest Jackson sibling, worked to her advantage. She was able to soak EVERYTHiNG in. Being born into a family so gifted, rubbed off on her, whether she wanted it to or not. She was basically thrown into it, by her natural ability to mimic others. They added her to The Jackson Variety Show when she was about 7 or 8. Her dead on impressions of Cher & Mae West stole the show! She was so good that it caught the attention of producer Norman Lear. She didn't even have to audition for her part on "Good Times" by her being able to cry on the spot! Nailed her the role. She was just a naturally gifted child prodigy.

After that she was basically handed roles(again without auditioning) on "Different Srokes", "A New Kind of Family",(where I first worked with her in) and "Fame". She remains the only Jackson that has had a successful acting career! Something her brother MJ would never accomplish in his lifetime. She has even had THREE number ONE box office movies!! Again something MJ never had(R.I.P).

Singing wasn't something she set out to do. It was her destiny! She wanted to go to college. But her controllng Father Joe wanted her to be a singer! He made her make an album, which she reluctantly did. She became a teen idol!(and my first crush). She went on to record another album, before going against Papa Joe's wishes and hooking up with Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis! The rest is HISTORY! That album made her a SUPERSTAR!! That rivaled her brothers success and changed her life forever. Janet NEVER gets credit now, for being in the forefront of MAJOR Pop divas that came after her, Her dancing and groundbreaking videos is still copied till this day.

Her debut Rhythm Nation Tour, broke records till this day of being the highest grossing debut tour out of any artist. She is an ICON!!! Janet proved that she NEVER rode the coattails of MJ! Janet has had a very successful muziq & acting career. She is a LEGEND!!


eye will ALWAYS think of prince like a "ACT OF GOD"! N another realm. eye mean of all people who might of been aliens or angels.if found out that prince wasn't of this earth, eye would not have been that surprised. R.I.P. prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #146 posted 07/05/14 12:11am

SeventeenDayze

KCOOLMUZIQ said:

dm3857 said:

For those of you who where around in the mid 80's - 90's. could you tell me a little bit about what happened when Janet came onto the scene. I don't really know how to word that,lol. But basically, I'm wanting to get into Janet, for a long time I was under the impression that Janet was only Janet because her brother was Michael Jackson. Could anyone that lived through the era tell me about some of Janets influences on Popular music/culture?

Thanks!

I'll start at the beginning. Janet being the youngest Jackson sibling, worked to her advantage. She was able to soak EVERYTHiNG in. Being born into a family so gifted, rubbed off on her, whether she wanted it to or not. She was basically thrown into it, by her natural ability to mimic others. They added her to The Jackson Variety Show when she was about 7 or 8. Her dead on impressions of Cher & Mae West stole the show! She was so good that it caught the attention of producer Norman Lear. She didn't even have to audition for her part on "Good Times" by her being able to cry on the spot! Nailed her the role. She was just a naturally gifted child prodigy.

After that she was basically handed roles(again without auditioning) on "Different Srokes", "A New Kind of Family",(where I first worked with her in) and "Fame". She remains the only Jackson that has had a successful acting career! Something her brother MJ would never accomplish in his lifetime. She has even had THREE number ONE box office movies!! Again something MJ never had(R.I.P).

Singing wasn't something she set out to do. It was her destiny! She wanted to go to college. But her controllng Father Joe wanted her to be a singer! He made her make an album, which she reluctantly did. She became a teen idol!(and my first crush). She went on to record another album, before going against Papa Joe's wishes and hooking up with Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis! The rest is HISTORY! That album made her a SUPERSTAR!! That rivaled her brothers success and changed her life forever. Janet NEVER gets credit now, for being in the forefront of MAJOR Pop divas that came after her, Her dancing and groundbreaking videos is still copied till this day.

Her debut Rhythm Nation Tour, broke records till this day of being the highest grossing debut tour out of any artist. She is an ICON!!! Janet proved that she NEVER rode the coattails of MJ! Janet has had a very successful muziq & acting career. She is a LEGEND!!


Agreed. Besides Madonna, Janet is probably the most imitated female pop artist of this generation. There are probably a dozen female artists that we could name that copy Janet, for sure.

Trolls be gone!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #147 posted 07/05/14 4:01am

dag

avatar

DonRants said:

Is MJ being shy or is he checking out Cyndi's boobs?

NaughtyKitty said:

Really rare pic of Michael Jackson and Cyndi Lauper. Never saw these before


I'd say both. lol

Thanks for all the pictures and articles, guys. Some were new to me.

[Edited 7/5/14 4:06am]

"When Michael Jackson is just singing and dancing, you just think this is an astonishing talent. And he has had this astounding talent all his life, but we want him to be floored as well. We really don´t like the idea that he could have it all."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #148 posted 07/05/14 2:20pm

HAPPYPERSON

Elizabeth @StatenStories · 15h
#MJXSCAPE is still #17 on iTunes worldwide. LNFSG is at #11 . And on the Global Artist Ranking, Mike is #9

MJ has the highest charting album by a veteran artist around the world.

Xscape has now sold 1,051,000 worldwide in 7 weeks. It is now the 10th best selling album of 2014.

Love Never Felt So Good sold 1,401,000 copies worldwide and is the 36th best selling single of 2014.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #149 posted 07/09/14 5:18pm

Cloudbuster

avatar

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Discuss Anything & Everything MJ, The Jackson Five and the New Album