independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > A sign 4 the D&P SDE?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 4 of 6 <123456>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #90 posted 07/14/22 12:28pm

LoveGalore

Gooddoctor23 said:



LoveGalore said:


Gooddoctor23 said:


Sitting on a catalogue of 7,000 plus songs, I disagree.



Curious where you get this 7-10,000 figure from.

The guy who Paisley Park hired to oversee the vault.



I've certainly never read him say 7-10,000 completed songs are in the vault. That range wouldn't make much sense given everything people know.

Like just imagine, 10000? That's about a song a day, every single day a song, for 30 years. Not possible.

Anywho! I doubt they are planning their releases against the mortality of prince's 80s fans.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #91 posted 07/14/22 12:34pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

LoveGalore said:

I doubt they are planning their releases against the mortality of prince's 80s fans.


That's some truth right there.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #92 posted 07/14/22 12:37pm

Landonfunkmonk
ey

TrivialPursuit said:



LoveGalore said:


I doubt they are planning their releases against the mortality of prince's 80s fans.


That's some truth right there.



They have already told us this.

They are more interested in securing a legacy.

Focusing their release on gaining new younger fans.

We (fans since the beginning or early 1980's) are not their main priority.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #93 posted 07/14/22 3:22pm

Gooddoctor23

LoveGalore said:

Gooddoctor23 said:

The guy who Paisley Park hired to oversee the vault.

I've certainly never read him say 7-10,000 completed songs are in the vault. That range wouldn't make much sense given everything people know. Like just imagine, 10000? That's about a song a day, every single day a song, for 30 years. Not possible. Anywho! I doubt they are planning their releases against the mortality of prince's 80s fans.

So u are calling the man a liar?

99.9% of everything u have been taught, is 99.9% B.S.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #94 posted 07/14/22 4:23pm

nosajd

avatar

Gooddoctor23 said:



LoveGalore said:


Gooddoctor23 said:


The guy who Paisley Park hired to oversee the vault.



I've certainly never read him say 7-10,000 completed songs are in the vault. That range wouldn't make much sense given everything people know. Like just imagine, 10000? That's about a song a day, every single day a song, for 30 years. Not possible. Anywho! I doubt they are planning their releases against the mortality of prince's 80s fans.

So u are calling the man a liar?



Link to source where Howe specifically referenced this number please
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #95 posted 07/14/22 6:25pm

lurker316

avatar

LoveGalore said:

Gooddoctor23 said:

The guy who Paisley Park hired to oversee the vault.

I've certainly never read him say 7-10,000 completed songs are in the vault. That range wouldn't make much sense given everything people know. Like just imagine, 10000? That's about a song a day, every single day a song, for 30 years. Not possible. Anywho! I doubt they are planning their releases against the mortality of prince's 80s fans.


Is it possible Howe said 7,000 "recordings", which is different thatn 7,000 unique songs?

If you add up all of the tracks that Prince recorded from rehearsals, concerts, etc., might might get you close to 7,000?





  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #96 posted 07/15/22 6:02am

LoveGalore

Gooddoctor23 said:



LoveGalore said:


Gooddoctor23 said:


The guy who Paisley Park hired to oversee the vault.



I've certainly never read him say 7-10,000 completed songs are in the vault. That range wouldn't make much sense given everything people know. Like just imagine, 10000? That's about a song a day, every single day a song, for 30 years. Not possible. Anywho! I doubt they are planning their releases against the mortality of prince's 80s fans.

So u are calling the man a liar?



No but I might call you one if you don't source the comment.
[Edited 7/15/22 6:03am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #97 posted 07/15/22 10:11am

Gooddoctor23

LoveGalore said:

Gooddoctor23 said:

So u are calling the man a liar?

No but I might call you one if you don't source the comment. [Edited 7/15/22 6:03am]

How the fuck am I goin 2 source a random interview from 3 years ago?

99.9% of everything u have been taught, is 99.9% B.S.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #98 posted 07/15/22 10:47am

FrankieCoco1

Gooddoctor23 said:



LoveGalore said:


Gooddoctor23 said:


So u are calling the man a liar?



No but I might call you one if you don't source the comment. [Edited 7/15/22 6:03am]

How the fuck am I goin 2 source a random interview from 3 years ago?




Using Google and in 3 seconds inputting “Michael Howe 7000 songs”, up came this:

https://lis653.wordpress....archivist/

In it it says, “This archive contains 7,000 objects including 120 guitars”. I think someone has mis-understood songs for ‘objects’.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #99 posted 07/15/22 11:11am

TrivialPursuit

avatar

FrankieCoco1 said:

Gooddoctor23 said:

How the fuck am I goin 2 source a random interview from 3 years ago?

Using Google and in 3 seconds inputting “Michael Howe 7000 songs”, up came this: https://lis653.wordpress....archivist/ In it it says, “This archive contains 7,000 objects including 120 guitars”. I think someone has mis-understood songs for ‘objects’.


Exactly. From the crime scene photos, that pre-garage storage area had every guitar in it, Parade and SOTT drums, keyboards, etc. They also said "archive," not "vault."

So the 7000 number is a misnomer. And just flat out incorrect.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #100 posted 07/15/22 11:29am

Gooddoctor23

TrivialPursuit said:

FrankieCoco1 said:

Gooddoctor23 said: Using Google and in 3 seconds inputting “Michael Howe 7000 songs”, up came this: https://lis653.wordpress....archivist/ In it it says, “This archive contains 7,000 objects including 120 guitars”. I think someone has mis-understood songs for ‘objects’.


Exactly. From the crime scene photos, that pre-garage storage area had every guitar in it, Parade and SOTT drums, keyboards, etc. They also said "archive," not "vault."

So the 7000 number is a misnomer. And just flat out incorrect.

Lol.....it wasnt Howe talking, it was some dude from Spotify hired by Paisely Park, Buddy.

And he specified SONGS, but no worries,

U folks continue arguing about shit that u don't have a clue about.

[Edited 7/15/22 11:34am]

99.9% of everything u have been taught, is 99.9% B.S.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #101 posted 07/15/22 11:47am

nosajd

avatar

Gooddoctor23 said:



TrivialPursuit said:




FrankieCoco1 said:


Gooddoctor23 said: Using Google and in 3 seconds inputting “Michael Howe 7000 songs”, up came this: https://lis653.wordpress....archivist/ In it it says, “This archive contains 7,000 objects including 120 guitars”. I think someone has mis-understood songs for ‘objects’.


Exactly. From the crime scene photos, that pre-garage storage area had every guitar in it, Parade and SOTT drums, keyboards, etc. They also said "archive," not "vault."

So the 7000 number is a misnomer. And just flat out incorrect.





Lol.....it wasnt Howe talking, it was some dude from Spotify hired by Paisely Park, Buddy.


And he specified SONGS, but no worries,


U folks continue arguing about shit that u don't have a clue about.


[Edited 7/15/22 11:34am]



It’s here say without a source. Just saying.
[Edited 7/15/22 11:49am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #102 posted 07/15/22 11:56am

Gooddoctor23

nosajd said:

Gooddoctor23 said:

Lol.....it wasnt Howe talking, it was some dude from Spotify hired by Paisely Park, Buddy.

And he specified SONGS, but no worries,

U folks continue arguing about shit that u don't have a clue about.

[Edited 7/15/22 11:34am]

It’s here say without a source. Just saying. [Edited 7/15/22 11:49am]

Kool.

It's hear say 2 u, I read the article so it certainly is not hear say 2 me.

I get your point but having 2 "prove" an article that. read from years ago is just plain silly.

Just saying.

The bottom line for me, they have access to 7-10k songs and have released almost nothing since 2016.

That is not what I expected but it is what it is.

[Edited 7/15/22 12:05pm]

99.9% of everything u have been taught, is 99.9% B.S.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #103 posted 07/15/22 12:37pm

nosajd

avatar

Gooddoctor23 said:



nosajd said:


Gooddoctor23 said:


Lol.....it wasnt Howe talking, it was some dude from Spotify hired by Paisely Park, Buddy.


And he specified SONGS, but no worries,


U folks continue arguing about shit that u don't have a clue about.



[Edited 7/15/22 11:34am]



It’s here say without a source. Just saying. [Edited 7/15/22 11:49am]

Kool.




It's hear say 2 u, I read the article so it certainly is not hear say 2 me.


I get your point but having 2 "prove" an article that. read from years ago is just plain silly.


Just saying.



The bottom line for me, they have access to 7-10k songs and have released almost nothing since 2016.


That is not what I expected but it is what it is.


[Edited 7/15/22 12:05pm]



This is the closest thing I could find on a quick Google search that references that number, but Carter didn’t mention it.

Key phrasing here is “Legend has it”

https://www.esquire.com/e...2-america/
[Edited 7/15/22 12:38pm]
[Edited 7/15/22 12:42pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #104 posted 07/15/22 12:41pm

nosajd

avatar

I think the bottom line to the length of time it takes to release this stuff are all the legal hurdles, remastering of music, assessing said music, and figuring out how to compile it all. The estate is a mess which obviously doesn’t help things, but I’m impressed with what they’ve released considering these obstacles.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #105 posted 07/15/22 12:46pm

nosajd

avatar

Gooddoctor23 said:

The bottom line for me, they have access to 7-10k songs and have released almost nothing since 2016.


That is not what I expected but it is what it is.


[Edited 7/15/22 12:05pm]



I still don’t understand your statement here. Almost nothing. That’s not even close to true as I pointed out all of the releases since 2016. Almost nothing would be just a single release, which they’ve exceeded by far with the SDE box sets.
[Edited 7/15/22 12:47pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #106 posted 07/15/22 12:55pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

nosajd said:

I think the bottom line to the length of time it takes to release this stuff are all the legal hurdles, remastering of music, assessing said music, and figuring out how to compile it all. The estate is a mess which obviously doesn’t help things, but I’m impressed with what they’ve released considering these obstacles.


You have zero proof of that, other than expectations based on your own conjecture. It's not "a mess." the shit runs, it's profitable, PP is touring all the time, we've seen Prince's albums hit the charts (new and again) since he died - because of what the estate has done.

Y'all need to settle down.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #107 posted 07/15/22 12:57pm

Gooddoctor23

nosajd said:

Gooddoctor23 said:

The bottom line for me, they have access to 7-10k songs and have released almost nothing since 2016.

That is not what I expected but it is what it is.

[Edited 7/15/22 12:05pm]

I still don’t understand your statement here. Almost nothing. That’s not even close to true as I pointed out all of the releases since 2016. Almost nothing would be just a single release, which they’ve exceeded by far with the SDE box sets. [Edited 7/15/22 12:47pm]

It simple, what is 6 releases divided by 7,000 or 10,000 songs?

99.9% of everything u have been taught, is 99.9% B.S.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #108 posted 07/15/22 1:04pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

Gooddoctor23 said:

TrivialPursuit said:


Exactly. From the crime scene photos, that pre-garage storage area had every guitar in it, Parade and SOTT drums, keyboards, etc. They also said "archive," not "vault."

So the 7000 number is a misnomer. And just flat out incorrect.

Lol.....it wasnt Howe talking, it was some dude from Spotify hired by Paisely Park, Buddy.

And he specified SONGS, but no worries,


You should learn how to quote someone. I never said anything about Howe.

U folks continue arguing about shit that u don't have a clue about.



Back atcha.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #109 posted 07/15/22 1:08pm

Gooddoctor23

Learn?

Lol........

TrivialPursuit said:

Gooddoctor23 said:


You should learn how to quote someone. I never said anything about Howe.

U folks continue arguing about shit that u don't have a clue about.



Back atcha.

[Edited 7/15/22 13:12pm]

99.9% of everything u have been taught, is 99.9% B.S.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #110 posted 07/15/22 1:30pm

nosajd

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:



nosajd said:


I think the bottom line to the length of time it takes to release this stuff are all the legal hurdles, remastering of music, assessing said music, and figuring out how to compile it all. The estate is a mess which obviously doesn’t help things, but I’m impressed with what they’ve released considering these obstacles.


You have zero proof of that, other than expectations based on your own conjecture. It's not "a mess." the shit runs, it's profitable, PP is touring all the time, we've seen Prince's albums hit the charts (new and again) since he died - because of what the estate has done.

Y'all need to settle down.



I need to settle down? Ok 😂

Just bc the estate runs doesn’t mean it’s not a mess. That fact is, it is a fn mess whether you want to believe it or not. I don’t care.

I think the estate is doing great despite that though. I’m not pissing on anyones cheerios about either.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #111 posted 07/15/22 1:34pm

nosajd

avatar

Gooddoctor23 said:



nosajd said:


Gooddoctor23 said:

The bottom line for me, they have access to 7-10k songs and have released almost nothing since 2016.


That is not what I expected but it is what it is.



[Edited 7/15/22 12:05pm]



I still don’t understand your statement here. Almost nothing. That’s not even close to true as I pointed out all of the releases since 2016. Almost nothing would be just a single release, which they’ve exceeded by far with the SDE box sets. [Edited 7/15/22 12:47pm]

It simple, what is 6 releases divided by 7,000 or 10,000 songs?



If you think the estate is going to release everything at once or even a quarter or a half of it at once you’re living in a fantasy world and you should expect major disappointment. They are going to milk his work for decades to come. They have to keep the lights on.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #112 posted 07/15/22 1:41pm

Gooddoctor23

nosajd said:

Gooddoctor23 said:

It simple, what is 6 releases divided by 7,000 or 10,000 songs?

If you think the estate is going to release everything at once or even a quarter or a half of it at once you’re living in a fantasy world and you should expect major disappointment. They are going to milk his work for decades to come. They have to keep the lights on.

If u think 6 releases is good, so be it.

I don't.

[Edited 7/15/22 13:44pm]

99.9% of everything u have been taught, is 99.9% B.S.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #113 posted 07/15/22 1:57pm

nosajd

avatar

Gooddoctor23 said:



nosajd said:


Gooddoctor23 said:


It simple, what is 6 releases divided by 7,000 or 10,000 songs?



If you think the estate is going to release everything at once or even a quarter or a half of it at once you’re living in a fantasy world and you should expect major disappointment. They are going to milk his work for decades to come. They have to keep the lights on.

If u think 6 releases is good, so be it.


I don't.

[Edited 7/15/22 13:44pm]



👍
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #114 posted 07/15/22 2:54pm

Gooddoctor23

nosajd said:

TrivialPursuit said:


You have zero proof of that, other than expectations based on your own conjecture. It's not "a mess." the shit runs, it's profitable, PP is touring all the time, we've seen Prince's albums hit the charts (new and again) since he died - because of what the estate has done.

Y'all need to settle down.

I need to settle down? Ok 😂 Just bc the estate runs doesn’t mean it’s not a mess. That fact is, it is a fn mess whether you want to believe it or not. I don’t care. I think the estate is doing great despite that though. I’m not pissing on anyones cheerios about either.

I will say thst I agree that the Estate is a mess and the gov't and those that control the purse strings seem 2 want it that way. As long as the Estate is unsettled, they can 2 continue to rob the Estate blind. Given where the Estate is legally, it is a minor miracle that we have had those 6 releases at this point no matter how I see it.

99.9% of everything u have been taught, is 99.9% B.S.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #115 posted 07/15/22 7:14pm

LoveGalore

Gooddoctor23 said:



nosajd said:


Gooddoctor23 said:


Lol.....it wasnt Howe talking, it was some dude from Spotify hired by Paisely Park, Buddy.


And he specified SONGS, but no worries,


U folks continue arguing about shit that u don't have a clue about.



[Edited 7/15/22 11:34am]



It’s here say without a source. Just saying. [Edited 7/15/22 11:49am]

Kool.


It's hear say 2 u, I read the article so it certainly is not hear say 2 me.


I get your point but having 2 "prove" an article that. read from years ago is just plain silly.


Just saying.



The bottom line for me, they have access to 7-10k songs and have released almost nothing since 2016.


That is not what I expected but it is what it is.


[Edited 7/15/22 12:05pm]



But your bottom line is just wrong, lol.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #116 posted 07/15/22 7:26pm

Gooddoctor23

LoveGalore said:

Gooddoctor23 said:

Kool.

It's hear say 2 u, I read the article so it certainly is not hear say 2 me.

I get your point but having 2 "prove" an article that. read from years ago is just plain silly.

Just saying.

The bottom line for me, they have access to 7-10k songs and have released almost nothing since 2016.

That is not what I expected but it is what it is.

[Edited 7/15/22 12:05pm]

But your bottom line is just wrong, lol.

Just curious.........exactly what do u think your comment means 2 me?

99.9% of everything u have been taught, is 99.9% B.S.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #117 posted 07/15/22 11:34pm

Landonfunkmonk
ey

I think the releases were moving along nicely until last year when we only got Welcome 2 America.



This year we have only had one new song. Hopefully an online store will open soon which will give us access to vault and live material from across his career.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #118 posted 07/16/22 9:21am

LoveGalore

Gooddoctor23 said:



LoveGalore said:


Gooddoctor23 said:


Kool.


It's hear say 2 u, I read the article so it certainly is not hear say 2 me.


I get your point but having 2 "prove" an article that. read from years ago is just plain silly.


Just saying.



The bottom line for me, they have access to 7-10k songs and have released almost nothing since 2016.


That is not what I expected but it is what it is.



[Edited 7/15/22 12:05pm]



But your bottom line is just wrong, lol.

Just curious.....exactly what do u think your comment means 2 me?



It means the same as anyone else's here to anyone else, sweetmeat.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #119 posted 07/20/22 12:27pm

BIGJAYRAFFAS

The estate have started back up on the D&P posts like they did last year, Looking like the announcement is imminent!!!

The Orger formally known as JAYJOE
"He might have better luck if he was drumming with his dick"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 4 of 6 <123456>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > A sign 4 the D&P SDE?