independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Welcome 2 America Official Release: 7/30/21
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 6 of 23 « First<2345678910>Last »

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #150 posted 04/08/21 9:00am

EmmaMcG

avatar

Is the only way of getting the Blu Ray if you buy the $100 Deluxe edition? Like, is there a CD/Blu Ray deluxe edition that doesn't include the vinyls that I'll never listen to?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #151 posted 04/08/21 9:01am

lustmealways

avatar

CURIOUS that this isn't coming out till the end of july, and what i mean by curious is fucking infuriating. but anyway, that doesn't leave a whole lot of time for a break + announcement + release for the D&P. curious to see how this plays out, thanks team.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #152 posted 04/08/21 9:01am

LILpoundCAKE

avatar

so only 4 more months of waiting between the 1st single and the album eek lol

neutral

i like the mission statement, now give me the album.



If U're lookin 4 dirt look in Ur own back yard - Plant some Peace Flowers in Ur warzone so I can fire my bodyguards.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #153 posted 04/08/21 9:12am

AvocadosMax

EmmaMcG said:

Is the only way of getting the Blu Ray if you buy the $100 Deluxe edition? Like, is there a CD/Blu Ray deluxe edition that doesn't include the vinyls that I'll never listen to?

Doesn’t appear that way. I’m just gonna get the standard CD and my friends will help me out lol
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #154 posted 04/08/21 9:13am

LoveGalore

christobole said:



2freaky4church1 said:


Single aint really a song. More like some sounds and singing. Good left wing lyrics. I told you all Prince was on my team.



Well, that was ten years ago. The full scope of Obama's presidency and current "team" moves, have left many re-considering their positions. Too bad Prince can't speak for himself in 2021 - MSM, record company & estate will milk this album for its supposed context regardless.



Lol. Dream on. Not only is that irrelevant to the album's release, it's also flat out not true. Republicans are in the gutter given they're the sex offending insurrectionist party. Prince wasn't either a sex offender or an insurrectionist. He was religious and didn't vote. And I'm sure a political album by a rich black person will have some interesting thoughts that may conflict with the wider public but he didn't vote for any Republicans in this lifetime or the next.
[Edited 4/8/21 9:13am]
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #155 posted 04/08/21 9:35am

amokeru

Sony Japan announces that they will release Japan Only Limited <CD+Blu-ray> Edition (6,000yen).


https://www.sonymusic.co.jp/artist/PRINCE/info/528362?fbclid=IwAR1l1jcPW-KR9b8FWrx6yPYlfIi8v3ikljEnN9XYbeancL1g6sd8srHmLz0

[Edited 4/8/21 9:36am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #156 posted 04/08/21 9:37am

nayroo2002

avatar

Make my funk the prince funk.

eye wants 2 get funked up.

"Whatever skin Ur in
we all need 2 b friends"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #157 posted 04/08/21 9:39am

nayroo2002

avatar

amokeru said:

Sony Japan announces that they will release Japan Only Limited <CD+Blu-ray> Edition (6,000yen).


https://www.sonymusic.co.jp/artist/PRINCE/info/528362?fbclid=IwAR1l1jcPW-KR9b8FWrx6yPYlfIi8v3ikljEnN9XYbeancL1g6sd8srHmLz0

[Edited 4/8/21 9:36am]

■『ウェルカム・2・アメリカ 【完全生産限定盤/デラックス・エディション】(CD+Blu-Ray)《ライヴ映像付2枚組》』

2021年7月30日発売予定(国内盤)

6,000円(税別)/ 6,600円(税込) SICP-31432~31433

※国内盤限定 ※完全生産限定盤  ※Blu-spec CD2 ※フル・ライヴ映像(Blu-ray)付

※歌詞・対訳・解説付

I'll gladly pay the 46 euros plus shipping.

Don't need all that other hoopla.

Still haven't read through the whole SOTT deluxe book!

[Edited 4/8/21 9:42am]

"Whatever skin Ur in
we all need 2 b friends"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #158 posted 04/08/21 9:46am

embmmusic

avatar

That synth sweep 30 seconds into the title track tickles my nostalgia bone very nicely

Check out The Collector's Guide to Prince on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/p...4ldzxwlEuy
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #159 posted 04/08/21 9:47am

soladeo1

lustmealways said:

soladeo1 said:

I’m scandalously unfamiliar with Welcome 2 America!!! What can I expect?? Prince recorded and teased Welcome 2 America during the absolute nadir of my Prince fandom. I am almost entirely unfamiliar with it or it’s songs. What’s it like?? Is it truly excellent and one of his best??

imagine if bob dylan had recorded blood on the tracks and then decided not to release it, putting out desire in its place.

that's the level we may be dealing with here.

Wow....really??? What a strange and mecurial little genius this guy was...

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #160 posted 04/08/21 9:54am

Milty2

I like how some of the online media is talking up the fact that Prince and band do covers from a broad range of artists on the dvd. Prince doing a Bob Dylan cover is pretty cool. I know it's Shelby J singing but still, it's talked up.

[Edited 4/8/21 9:56am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #161 posted 04/08/21 10:03am

TwiliteKid

avatar

Strive said:

l2GLdBc.jpg

The image on https://prince.lnk.to/W2AAY

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

[Edited 4/8/21 6:14am]

Updated now, but that's huge. I work with labels all the time, and I've seen this before - it happens when someone clones an existing link for a new smartURL and forgets to update all the fields. This virtually confirms that a link exists for D&P30.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #162 posted 04/08/21 10:17am

SantanaMaitrey
a

EmmaMcG said:

Is the only way of getting the Blu Ray if you buy the $100 Deluxe edition? Like, is there a CD/Blu Ray deluxe edition that doesn't include the vinyls that I'll never listen to?

And there we have the problem with this set: one person doesn't own a record player, another doesn't own a blu-ray player...
O tempora! O mores!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #163 posted 04/08/21 10:20am

SantanaMaitrey
a

soladeo1 said:



lustmealways said:




soladeo1 said:


I’m scandalously unfamiliar with Welcome 2 America!!! What can I expect?? Prince recorded and teased Welcome 2 America during the absolute nadir of my Prince fandom. I am almost entirely unfamiliar with it or it’s songs. What’s it like?? Is it truly excellent and one of his best??

imagine if bob dylan had recorded blood on the tracks and then decided not to release it, putting out desire in its place.

that's the level we may be dealing with here.





Wow....really??? What a strange and mecurial little genius this guy was...


Who? Dylan or Prince? Or both? Anyway, not much of W2A has been available on bootleg (that I know of), so we're all unfamiliar with it. I doubt if it's as impressive and as personal as Blood on the Tracks, though.
O tempora! O mores!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #164 posted 04/08/21 10:24am

sulls

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

Is the only way of getting the Blu Ray if you buy the $100 Deluxe edition? Like, is there a CD/Blu Ray deluxe edition that doesn't include the vinyls that I'll never listen to?


THIS! confused confused confused
"I like to watch."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #165 posted 04/08/21 10:26am

ufoclub

avatar

LoveGalore said:

christobole said:

Well, that was ten years ago. The full scope of Obama's presidency and current "team" moves, have left many re-considering their positions. Too bad Prince can't speak for himself in 2021 - MSM, record company & estate will milk this album for its supposed context regardless.

Lol. Dream on. Not only is that irrelevant to the album's release, it's also flat out not true. Republicans are in the gutter given they're the sex offending insurrectionist party. Prince wasn't either a sex offender or an insurrectionist. He was religious and didn't vote. And I'm sure a political album by a rich black person will have some interesting thoughts that may conflict with the wider public but he didn't vote for any Republicans in this lifetime or the next. [Edited 4/8/21 9:13am]

I thought he was republican leaning in the early 80's in some regards (sure he did want gun control after Lennon's assassination). Especially the song "America". He did seem politically naive to me back then. But he was young and didn't get past high school. He has always been anti-war though.

But he certanly went left and progressive in the 2010's with BLM, anti police brutality and anti racism lyrics, and even pro environmental themes. His vibe in the 90's and after on many songs and interviews mentioned deep (music biz) institutional racism.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #166 posted 04/08/21 10:28am

ufoclub

avatar

AvocadosMax said:

ufoclub said:

So glad that they are not releasing the disc as a DVD (fingers crossed this blu-ray format is real). It's 2021, and people have 4K TVs, there is no reason DVD's should even be a thing.

Well they probably couldn’t upscale the 80s live shows... a bluray of that 1999 live show would have been a ripoff and unnecessary

True, if it was shot in SD, then release it in SD. For example Lovesexy Live can only be accurate in SD.

Of course now with AI upscaling becoming common....

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #167 posted 04/08/21 10:33am

Rimshottbob

SantanaMaitreya said:

I just checked the Prince store and found out the double LP has only three sides! What a waste! Also, I don't own a blu-ray player, so there's no point in buying the deluxe version. And the set list of the concert doesn't look very interesting: greatest hits and covers. I hope there will be a single CD version.



3-sided vinyl albums are quite a common thing these days. It makes sense, given the length of the album. It’s not ‘a waste’.

And this is a physical release, and in that sense, the video content should be released in the highest quality possible for the content. In this case, that’s Blu-ray. How would rather they physically release it?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #168 posted 04/08/21 10:38am

lustmealways

avatar

anyone else feel like paying 8 dollars shipping on a 7 inch single?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #169 posted 04/08/21 10:44am

SantanaMaitrey
a

Rimshottbob said:

SantanaMaitreya said:

I just checked the Prince store and found out the double LP has only three sides! What a waste! Also, I don't own a blu-ray player, so there's no point in buying the deluxe version. And the set list of the concert doesn't look very interesting: greatest hits and covers. I hope there will be a single CD version.



3-sided vinyl albums are quite a common thing these days. It makes sense, given the length of the album. It’s not ‘a waste’.

And this is a physical release, and in that sense, the video content should be released in the highest quality possible for the content. In this case, that’s Blu-ray. How would rather they physically release it?

No, it doesn't make sense. Either spread out the album over four sides or add extra tracks. There's plenty of music in the vault! And I think people should be able to choose which format to buy as much as possible. Movies are also released on dvd and blu-ray.
O tempora! O mores!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #170 posted 04/08/21 10:45am

djThunderfunk

avatar

lustmealways said:

anyone else feel like paying 8 dollars shipping on a 7 inch single?


Though that was ridiculous myself. My record better come in PERFECT condition for that much. lol

If you just heard about Gain Of Function research and Fauci's roll in it, you're getting your news from the wrong source. Just sayin'...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #171 posted 04/08/21 10:47am

LILpoundCAKE

avatar

do they provide measurement details for the various versions of this release?

i know of at least 1 orger who might be concerned this does not fit their shelves.

and throw a tantrum lol


If U're lookin 4 dirt look in Ur own back yard - Plant some Peace Flowers in Ur warzone so I can fire my bodyguards.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #172 posted 04/08/21 10:51am

nayroo2002

avatar

sulls said:

EmmaMcG said:
Is the only way of getting the Blu Ray if you buy the $100 Deluxe edition? Like, is there a CD/Blu Ray deluxe edition that doesn't include the vinyls that I'll never listen to?
THIS! confused confused confused

Did you not read the japanese fine print?

"Whatever skin Ur in
we all need 2 b friends"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #173 posted 04/08/21 10:52am

mrjj71

I know this isn't going to be a popular viewpoint probably but I'm kinda annoyed about this release.
Why go from the 80s remasters straight to the 2010's?
Doesn't make any sense.
I'm sure I can't be the only one who'd really like the Parade remaster next instead of this?
Baffling!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #174 posted 04/08/21 10:54am

TheEnglishGent

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

Is the only way of getting the Blu Ray if you buy the $100 Deluxe edition? Like, is there a CD/Blu Ray deluxe edition that doesn't include the vinyls that I'll never listen to?

There's no way I'm buying the deluxe version for the privilege og having some vinyl table mats. Hopefully the Blu-Ray will get a standalone release, or a CD bundle. I'm not too fussed as I don't really watch the concerts but I'd like to rip the audio. Guess I'll have to wait and see on this one.

RIP sad
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #175 posted 04/08/21 10:57am

nayroo2002

avatar

TheEnglishGent said:

EmmaMcG said:

Is the only way of getting the Blu Ray if you buy the $100 Deluxe edition? Like, is there a CD/Blu Ray deluxe edition that doesn't include the vinyls that I'll never listen to?

There's no way I'm buying the deluxe version for the privilege og having some vinyl table mats. Hopefully the Blu-Ray will get a standalone release, or a CD bundle. I'm not too fussed as I don't really watch the concerts but I'd like to rip the audio. Guess I'll have to wait and see on this one.

Am i typing chinese?

"Whatever skin Ur in
we all need 2 b friends"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #176 posted 04/08/21 10:58am

nayroo2002

avatar

amokeru said:

Sony Japan announces that they will release Japan Only Limited <CD+Blu-ray> Edition (6,000yen).


https://www.sonymusic.co.jp/artist/PRINCE/info/528362?fbclid=IwAR1l1jcPW-KR9b8FWrx6yPYlfIi8v3ikljEnN9XYbeancL1g6sd8srHmLz0

[Edited 4/8/21 9:36am]

This guy showed everyone who wants a cd/br bundle what's up!

"Whatever skin Ur in
we all need 2 b friends"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #177 posted 04/08/21 11:01am

lustmealways

avatar

mrjj71 said:

I know this isn't going to be a popular viewpoint probably but I'm kinda annoyed about this release. Why go from the 80s remasters straight to the 2010's? Doesn't make any sense. I'm sure I can't be the only one who'd really like the Parade remaster next instead of this? Baffling!

can't be stuck in the 80s forever

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #178 posted 04/08/21 11:05am

funkbabyandthe
babysitters

are any of these songs in circulation or are they all new?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #179 posted 04/08/21 11:06am

EmmaMcG

avatar

nayroo2002 said:



amokeru said:


Sony Japan announces that they will release Japan Only Limited <CD+Blu-ray> Edition (6,000yen).





https://www.sonymusic.co.jp/artist/PRINCE/info/528362?fbclid=IwAR1l1jcPW-KR9b8FWrx6yPYlfIi8v3ikljEnN9XYbeancL1g6sd8srHmLz0


[Edited 4/8/21 9:36am]



This guy showed everyone who wants a cd/br bundle what's up!



Thanks for the heads up. I have a couple of friends in Tokyo, I'll see if they can sort me out.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 6 of 23 « First<2345678910>Last »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Welcome 2 America Official Release: 7/30/21