independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > OUT NOW: "Witness 4 The Prosecution (Version 2)"
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 4 of 4 <1234

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #90 posted 08/15/20 7:54am

BartVanHemelen

avatar

JorisE73 said:


In another topic here it was explained that Prince didn't version mixdowns with additional tracks on the same song: Witness version 1 as released on SOTT SDE being just that and this re-recording of the song being obviously the version 2 because it was a re-recording.

.

It's v2 because that is what it literally says on the reel they took this from. As proven by the photo that accompanies this release.

© Bart Van Hemelen
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by Prince or the NPG Music Club. You assume all risk for
your use. All rights reserved.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #91 posted 08/15/20 10:49am

Urine

BartVanHemelen said:



JorisE73 said:




In another topic here it was explained that Prince didn't version mixdowns with additional tracks on the same song: Witness version 1 as released on SOTT SDE being just that and this re-recording of the song being obviously the version 2 because it was a re-recording.




.


It's v2 because that is what it literally says on the reel they took this from. As proven by the photo that accompanies this release.



But it is the third version.

Prince version = 1
Wendy and Lisa version= 2
Prince re recorded version= 3

Strange they put v2 on the tape. Maybe that was an error and it should have been v3
[Edited 8/15/20 10:50am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #92 posted 08/15/20 10:58am

Kares

avatar

Urine said:

BartVanHemelen said:

.

It's v2 because that is what it literally says on the reel they took this from. As proven by the photo that accompanies this release.

But it is the third version. Prince version = 1 Wendy and Lisa version= 2 Prince re recorded version= 3 Strange they put v2 on the tape. Maybe that was an error and it should have been v3 [Edited 8/15/20 10:50am]

.

Not really. Wendy, Lisa and Eric added tracks to Prince's original version and a new mix was created that used both Prince's original and their additional tracks. But these are physically on the same 2" multitrack tape and one could use this tape to create further, different mixes.

.

V2 is an entirely new recording and a new reel of multitrack tape.

Friends don't let friends clap on 1 and 3.

The Paisley Park Vault spreadsheet: https://goo.gl/zzWHrU
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #93 posted 08/15/20 11:13am

ForceofNature

Urine said:

BartVanHemelen said:



JorisE73 said:




In another topic here it was explained that Prince didn't version mixdowns with additional tracks on the same song: Witness version 1 as released on SOTT SDE being just that and this re-recording of the song being obviously the version 2 because it was a re-recording.




.


It's v2 because that is what it literally says on the reel they took this from. As proven by the photo that accompanies this release.



But it is the third version.

Prince version = 1
Wendy and Lisa version= 2
Prince re recorded version= 3

Strange they put v2 on the tape. Maybe that was an error and it should have been v3
[Edited 8/15/20 10:50am]

The one you have listed as "1" is just a rough mix that would be later finished by Wendy and Lisa, and be considered Version 1 as a whole
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #94 posted 08/15/20 11:17am

FanAllMyLife

WOWWWWWW!!!!!

Blown awayyyyy!!!!!

My favorite Prince release in years!!!!

Can't wait for SOTTSDE!!!!!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #95 posted 08/15/20 11:34am

lavendardrumma
chine

JorisE73 said:

lavendardrummachine said:


I'll just leave it at that statement for now.

As for correcting it, you'll notice how many people here only knew of the speedy version.

Most of the speed variations we got happened during the sloppy tape to tape duplication.


Oh ok.
I heard back then after it was shared on bootlegs that the tape speed thing was delibaerate from the person who sold it to the bootlegger.
Some people here also didn;t seem to understand the whole "versioning" thing and claimed this was "version 3" rolleyes (with them claiming Witness without W&L and Eric Leeds is version 1 and the released version 1 is version 2 to them) rolleyes



Prince used so many tape speeds during recording, so how would we know?

How would we know a Camille track was chipmunked intentionally or not and to what degree?

If you got a longer version of Love or $, you could assume you knew based on the released version, but would you really know? These things didn't come with production notes, just rumors, and usually not even that.

The fluctuations occured from a few ways, like tape damage, but almost always were the result of someone trying to dupe quickly. It has a very specific sound to it.

My (admittedly hazy) memory is that Witness leaked a little later (and I don't recall it coming from a cassette actually, it was just getting traded off them) but it was still during the days when a pitch/speed change would effect everything, vocals, horns everything and it would fluctuate slightly with the cassette rotations in a barely audible way that would become more noticeable when you tried to fix it. Variable speed repair in the 90's was a big project until software let you do basic speed and pitch changes, but again, you can't really correct something unless it's all uniform.

And how would we know? How would we know the right speed Prince wanted?

How could anyone definitely claim to know what exists? You could collect a lot and make educated guesses or kiss ass with certain people and get gossip, but they wouldn't know. Even to this day, the logs only say so much.

So unless #%$@^ handed someone the tape and said "It's not supposed to be that fast" how would we even know to fix it?

But let's assume you could easily fix it like today, and when #%$@^ handed it off, they gave exact production instructions.

...then remember how many people heard an uncorrected version, to this very day.

This is without getting into the CD boots in circulation.


I'm trying to say this in a roundabout way and point people in the right direction.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #96 posted 08/15/20 12:15pm

Kares

avatar

lavendardrummachine said:

JorisE73 said:


Oh ok.
I heard back then after it was shared on bootlegs that the tape speed thing was delibaerate from the person who sold it to the bootlegger.
Some people here also didn;t seem to understand the whole "versioning" thing and claimed this was "version 3" rolleyes (with them claiming Witness without W&L and Eric Leeds is version 1 and the released version 1 is version 2 to them) rolleyes



Prince used so many tape speeds during recording, so how would we know?

How would we know a Camille track was chipmunked intentionally or not and to what degree?

If you got a longer version of Love or $, you could assume you knew based on the released version, but would you really know? These things didn't come with production notes, just rumors, and usually not even that.

The fluctuations occured from a few ways, like tape damage, but almost always were the result of someone trying to dupe quickly. It has a very specific sound to it.

My (admittedly hazy) memory is that Witness leaked a little later (and I don't recall it coming from a cassette actually, it was just getting traded off them) but it was still during the days when a pitch/speed change would effect everything, vocals, horns everything and it would fluctuate slightly with the cassette rotations in a barely audible way that would become more noticeable when you tried to fix it. Variable speed repair in the 90's was a big project until software let you do basic speed and pitch changes, but again, you can't really correct something unless it's all uniform.

And how would we know? How would we know the right speed Prince wanted?

How could anyone definitely claim to know what exists? You could collect a lot and make educated guesses or kiss ass with certain people and get gossip, but they wouldn't know. Even to this day, the logs only say so much.

So unless #%$@^ handed someone the tape and said "It's not supposed to be that fast" how would we even know to fix it?

But let's assume you could easily fix it like today, and when #%$@^ handed it off, they gave exact production instructions.

...then remember how many people heard an uncorrected version, to this very day.

This is without getting into the CD boots in circulation.


I'm trying to say this in a roundabout way and point people in the right direction.

.

Generally, there could be several different clues to tell whether a recording is playing at the right speed (and pitch) or not – recognising standard guitar chords that include open strings is one, for example, hearing a horn being outside (below) its range is another, recognising open strings of a bass guitar etc, etc. Also, some instruments start to sound unnatural even when sped up only by a semitone. Of course, sometimes it's difficult to tell, but not impossible.
.
You're talking about "fluctuations" but seems like you're mixing 'wow&flutter' with the 'wrong tape speed' issue. W&F is a constantly occuring, repeated fluctuation of speed and is caused by worn or poor quality mechanics (or perhaps by the sticky tape syndrome, but that is not as constant). When a tape is playing at a slightly wrong speed (with or without wow&flutter), it is the result of the speed difference between the machine that made the recording and the playback machine. This sometimes happened even with professional multitrack machines too, resulting in songs being mastered slightly out of pitch, sometimes as much as by 50 cents or more.
.
Anyway, a constant (NOT fluctuating) tape speed issue is a very easy fix nowdays. Wow&flutter, however, is still a bitch – currently it can only be fixed by one, dedicated and VERY expensive software on the market.
.

Friends don't let friends clap on 1 and 3.

The Paisley Park Vault spreadsheet: https://goo.gl/zzWHrU
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #97 posted 08/15/20 1:38pm

lavendardrumma
chine

Kares said:

You're talking about "fluctuations" but seems like you're mixing 'wow&flutter' with the 'wrong tape speed' issue.


Agree with your post but I'm not talking about wow & flutter though similar degradation and similar to fix. I was talking generally about types of fluctionations that were popping up, not one specific type. Some of it was much more subtle, might occur during part of a tape not the full tape, etc.

People might think they're dealing with a constant speed change but that's not always true. In this case, you could with hindsight probably align a corrected bootleg with this estate track (wherever they're sourcing from is another story) and say anyone can throw it in audacity and fix it but there was no way to know that.

You also couldn't turn around and make the same adjustment to Cosmic Day, as far as we know without making huge guess work.

Prince released songs with the guitars and vocals adjusted together, just the instruments, just the vocals, and it could be subtle enough that we're still arguing about pitched vocals on actual released songs we know were intended to sound a certain way.


[Edited 8/15/20 13:39pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #98 posted 08/15/20 2:44pm

nayroo2002

avatar

Kares said:

lavendardrummachine said:



Prince used so many tape speeds during recording, so how would we know?

How would we know a Camille track was chipmunked intentionally or not and to what degree?

If you got a longer version of Love or $, you could assume you knew based on the released version, but would you really know? These things didn't come with production notes, just rumors, and usually not even that.

The fluctuations occured from a few ways, like tape damage, but almost always were the result of someone trying to dupe quickly. It has a very specific sound to it.

My (admittedly hazy) memory is that Witness leaked a little later (and I don't recall it coming from a cassette actually, it was just getting traded off them) but it was still during the days when a pitch/speed change would effect everything, vocals, horns everything and it would fluctuate slightly with the cassette rotations in a barely audible way that would become more noticeable when you tried to fix it. Variable speed repair in the 90's was a big project until software let you do basic speed and pitch changes, but again, you can't really correct something unless it's all uniform.

And how would we know? How would we know the right speed Prince wanted?

How could anyone definitely claim to know what exists? You could collect a lot and make educated guesses or kiss ass with certain people and get gossip, but they wouldn't know. Even to this day, the logs only say so much.

So unless #%$@^ handed someone the tape and said "It's not supposed to be that fast" how would we even know to fix it?

But let's assume you could easily fix it like today, and when #%$@^ handed it off, they gave exact production instructions.

...then remember how many people heard an uncorrected version, to this very day.

This is without getting into the CD boots in circulation.


I'm trying to say this in a roundabout way and point people in the right direction.

.

Generally, there could be several different clues to tell whether a recording is playing at the right speed (and pitch) or not – recognising standard guitar chords that include open strings is one, for example, hearing a horn being outside (below) its range is another, recognising open strings of a bass guitar etc, etc. Also, some instruments start to sound unnatural even when sped up only by a semitone. Of course, sometimes it's difficult to tell, but not impossible.
.
You're talking about "fluctuations" but seems like you're mixing 'wow&flutter' with the 'wrong tape speed' issue. W&F is a constantly occuring, repeated fluctuation of speed and is caused by worn or poor quality mechanics (or perhaps by the sticky tape syndrome, but that is not as constant). When a tape is playing at a slightly wrong speed (with or without wow&flutter), it is the result of the speed difference between the machine that made the recording and the playback machine. This sometimes happened even with professional multitrack machines too, resulting in songs being mastered slightly out of pitch, sometimes as much as by 50 cents or more.
.
Anyway, a constant (NOT fluctuating) tape speed issue is a very easy fix nowdays. Wow&flutter, however, is still a bitch – currently it can only be fixed by one, dedicated and VERY expensive software on the market.
.

Rubbish!

Now is the time we dance on to version #1!!!

"Whatever skin Ur in
we all need 2 b friends"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #99 posted 08/15/20 9:06pm

controversy99

avatar

FanAllMyLife said:

WOWWWWW!!!!!



Blown awayyyyy!!!!!



My favorite Prince release in years!!!!



Can't wait for SOTTSDE!!!!!


Yes! That’s what I’m talking about!
This song even got my family into it.
"Love & honesty, peace & harmony"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #100 posted 08/16/20 1:04am

Kares

avatar

nayroo2002 said:

Kares said:

.

Generally, there could be several different clues to tell whether a recording is playing at the right speed (and pitch) or not – recognising standard guitar chords that include open strings is one, for example, hearing a horn being outside (below) its range is another, recognising open strings of a bass guitar etc, etc. Also, some instruments start to sound unnatural even when sped up only by a semitone. Of course, sometimes it's difficult to tell, but not impossible.
.
You're talking about "fluctuations" but seems like you're mixing 'wow&flutter' with the 'wrong tape speed' issue. W&F is a constantly occuring, repeated fluctuation of speed and is caused by worn or poor quality mechanics (or perhaps by the sticky tape syndrome, but that is not as constant). When a tape is playing at a slightly wrong speed (with or without wow&flutter), it is the result of the speed difference between the machine that made the recording and the playback machine. This sometimes happened even with professional multitrack machines too, resulting in songs being mastered slightly out of pitch, sometimes as much as by 50 cents or more.
.
Anyway, a constant (NOT fluctuating) tape speed issue is a very easy fix nowdays. Wow&flutter, however, is still a bitch – currently it can only be fixed by one, dedicated and VERY expensive software on the market.
.

Rubbish!

.

Thank you for your input.

Friends don't let friends clap on 1 and 3.

The Paisley Park Vault spreadsheet: https://goo.gl/zzWHrU
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #101 posted 08/16/20 3:35am

JorisE73

lavendardrummachine said:

JorisE73 said:


Oh ok.
I heard back then after it was shared on bootlegs that the tape speed thing was delibaerate from the person who sold it to the bootlegger.
Some people here also didn;t seem to understand the whole "versioning" thing and claimed this was "version 3" rolleyes (with them claiming Witness without W&L and Eric Leeds is version 1 and the released version 1 is version 2 to them) rolleyes



Prince used so many tape speeds during recording, so how would we know?

How would we know a Camille track was chipmunked intentionally or not and to what degree?

If you got a longer version of Love or $, you could assume you knew based on the released version, but would you really know? These things didn't come with production notes, just rumors, and usually not even that.

The fluctuations occured from a few ways, like tape damage, but almost always were the result of someone trying to dupe quickly. It has a very specific sound to it.

My (admittedly hazy) memory is that Witness leaked a little later (and I don't recall it coming from a cassette actually, it was just getting traded off them) but it was still during the days when a pitch/speed change would effect everything, vocals, horns everything and it would fluctuate slightly with the cassette rotations in a barely audible way that would become more noticeable when you tried to fix it. Variable speed repair in the 90's was a big project until software let you do basic speed and pitch changes, but again, you can't really correct something unless it's all uniform.

And how would we know? How would we know the right speed Prince wanted?

How could anyone definitely claim to know what exists? You could collect a lot and make educated guesses or kiss ass with certain people and get gossip, but they wouldn't know. Even to this day, the logs only say so much.

So unless #%$@^ handed someone the tape and said "It's not supposed to be that fast" how would we even know to fix it?

But let's assume you could easily fix it like today, and when #%$@^ handed it off, they gave exact production instructions.

...then remember how many people heard an uncorrected version, to this very day.

This is without getting into the CD boots in circulation.


I'm trying to say this in a roundabout way and point people in the right direction.


Thanks for the clarification, I'm totally uneducated in these recording things thumbs up! thumbs up!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #102 posted 08/16/20 3:36am

JorisE73

BartVanHemelen said:

JorisE73 said:


In another topic here it was explained that Prince didn't version mixdowns with additional tracks on the same song: Witness version 1 as released on SOTT SDE being just that and this re-recording of the song being obviously the version 2 because it was a re-recording.

.

It's v2 because that is what it literally says on the reel they took this from. As proven by the photo that accompanies this release.


Tell that to the stubborn people that are also on here that still claim it's v3 neutral
they still can't understand that Prince didn't use (for all we know) sub-versioning like 1.3 or 1.8 or 2.1 etc.
The versioning he used is clearly only for completed recordings, in this case the re-recording is the completed second version so V2.

[Edited 8/16/20 3:38am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #103 posted 08/16/20 3:39am

JorisE73

Kares said:

lavendardrummachine said:



Prince used so many tape speeds during recording, so how would we know?

How would we know a Camille track was chipmunked intentionally or not and to what degree?

If you got a longer version of Love or $, you could assume you knew based on the released version, but would you really know? These things didn't come with production notes, just rumors, and usually not even that.

The fluctuations occured from a few ways, like tape damage, but almost always were the result of someone trying to dupe quickly. It has a very specific sound to it.

My (admittedly hazy) memory is that Witness leaked a little later (and I don't recall it coming from a cassette actually, it was just getting traded off them) but it was still during the days when a pitch/speed change would effect everything, vocals, horns everything and it would fluctuate slightly with the cassette rotations in a barely audible way that would become more noticeable when you tried to fix it. Variable speed repair in the 90's was a big project until software let you do basic speed and pitch changes, but again, you can't really correct something unless it's all uniform.

And how would we know? How would we know the right speed Prince wanted?

How could anyone definitely claim to know what exists? You could collect a lot and make educated guesses or kiss ass with certain people and get gossip, but they wouldn't know. Even to this day, the logs only say so much.

So unless #%$@^ handed someone the tape and said "It's not supposed to be that fast" how would we even know to fix it?

But let's assume you could easily fix it like today, and when #%$@^ handed it off, they gave exact production instructions.

...then remember how many people heard an uncorrected version, to this very day.

This is without getting into the CD boots in circulation.


I'm trying to say this in a roundabout way and point people in the right direction.

.

Generally, there could be several different clues to tell whether a recording is playing at the right speed (and pitch) or not – recognising standard guitar chords that include open strings is one, for example, hearing a horn being outside (below) its range is another, recognising open strings of a bass guitar etc, etc. Also, some instruments start to sound unnatural even when sped up only by a semitone. Of course, sometimes it's difficult to tell, but not impossible.
.
You're talking about "fluctuations" but seems like you're mixing 'wow&flutter' with the 'wrong tape speed' issue. W&F is a constantly occuring, repeated fluctuation of speed and is caused by worn or poor quality mechanics (or perhaps by the sticky tape syndrome, but that is not as constant). When a tape is playing at a slightly wrong speed (with or without wow&flutter), it is the result of the speed difference between the machine that made the recording and the playback machine. This sometimes happened even with professional multitrack machines too, resulting in songs being mastered slightly out of pitch, sometimes as much as by 50 cents or more.
.
Anyway, a constant (NOT fluctuating) tape speed issue is a very easy fix nowdays. Wow&flutter, however, is still a bitch – currently it can only be fixed by one, dedicated and VERY expensive software on the market.
.


thumbs up!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #104 posted 08/17/20 2:44am

Krid

Love this version - awesome. Can't wait for SOTTDE to hit my door...

Who else thinks that the drum pattern in the beginning sounds a bit like Housequake? Will see if these "murph" playing back-to-back (e.g. the long version of Housequake followed by WOTP v2).

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #105 posted 08/17/20 6:38am

TryWhistlingTh
is

Hmmm....Version 1 is the definitive version for me.

I love the heavier, slower feel of that one.

Plus that thick bassline.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #106 posted 08/17/20 9:45am

jiorjios

avatar

This is much better than the other one, should've been released the other way round

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #107 posted 08/17/20 3:21pm

slyjackson

jiorjios said:

This is much better than the other one, should've been released the other way round

Right?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #108 posted 08/17/20 5:25pm

FanAllMyLife

controversy99 said:

FanAllMyLife said:

WOWWWWWW!!!!!

Blown awayyyyy!!!!!

My favorite Prince release in years!!!!

Can't wait for SOTTSDE!!!!!

Yes! That’s what I’m talking about! This song even got my family into it.

That's what I'm talking about!

I've had this song on repeat for 3 days now straight!

So many layers!

Plat it LOUD!!!!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #109 posted 08/19/20 5:21am

AvocadosMax

Ok i’m not gonna argue about tape speed or the ‘correct’ ‘version’ or ‘mix’ number this is; i’m just gonna agree with someone who says Prince sounds bored here. I’m happy some people like this more than Version 1. Its good we have both versions for that reason. But Ver 1 just does for me more. Ver 2 sounds like Prince just trying it out to see if it works for him, to see if he gets inspired...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #110 posted 08/19/20 7:29am

LoveGalore

I like both versions though this one is a bit of a work in progress it feels like. What you can see here though is a preview of where he'd eventually be going in the coming months.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #111 posted 08/19/20 4:03pm

v10letblues

avatar

This version as a lot of little bits of musical flourishes that are missing on the first version. I would imagine he went back and just overdubbed the bits on top of the first version.

[Edited 8/19/20 16:05pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #112 posted 08/20/20 9:31am

masaba

Wooooo!

I have NEVER heard this before and y'all talking about tape speed

This is FANTASTIC. This is the Prince I love. Play the beat, talk some shit, hit a few notes, make the axe whine and beg a little. Goodnight.

I get super excited when hearing tracks I haven't heard before. Assumed stupidity I had heard this one, only reason I listened. I'm buzzing right now. Sick version. Lots of room. Funky. Lawd.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #113 posted 08/21/20 10:53am

Astasheiks

avatar

FanAllMyLife said:

controversy99 said:

FanAllMyLife said: Yes! That’s what I’m talking about! This song even got my family into it.

That's what I'm talking about!

I've had this song on repeat for 3 days now straight!

So many layers!

Plat it LOUD!!!!

Wow! Sounds interesting! biggrin razz cool

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #114 posted 08/23/20 11:53am

Dandroppedadim
e

For those hating on this version - stick with it, its a grower for sure! Far superior to version 1.1

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #115 posted 08/28/20 9:10am

ThatWhiteDude

avatar

After listening to both versions I gotta say that I dig this one a tiny bit more.
"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."

Poppys, Shanon319, Number23, Kares. #lifttheban
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #116 posted 09/11/20 5:25pm

ForceofNature

Dandroppedadime said:

For those hating on this version - stick with it, its a grower for sure! Far superior to version 1.1

I dig Version 1 a bit more just because as a guitar player that slow hard hitting groove in the key of E with the great solo at the end just is totally my favorite kind of Prince vibe, but Version 2 has definitely been a grower especially finally hearing it with the correct speed. It has a lot more groove to it than the incorrect speed laden bootlegs for sure

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #117 posted 09/13/20 8:54pm

FanAllMyLife

masaba said:

Woooooo! I have NEVER heard this before and y'all talking about tape speed This is FANTASTIC. This is the Prince I love. Play the beat, talk some shit, hit a few notes, make the axe whine and beg a little. Goodnight. I get super excited when hearing tracks I haven't heard before. Assumed stupidity I had heard this one, only reason I listened. I'm buzzing right now. Sick version. Lots of room. Funky. Lawd.

I somehow never heard this version either!

I AM THE WITNESS 4 THE PROSECUTION OF HATE IN THIS LOVE AFFAIR!

Love/hate relationship.

What should have been a one-night stand turned into a relationship.

IN SCHOOL I ONCE TRADED CHAIRS.

Meaning he once cared for the girl a whole lot,

CAUSE I LOVE U. I LOVE U! AND I DO CARE.

Ecstasy. Bliss. Rapture. Passion, Affection. Euphoria.

I SWEAR! WHOOO!

Horns echo the guitar at his proclamation of love despite the fact he's testifying for hate.

Wretchedness. Torment. Misery. Anguish. Despise. Animosity. Hatred.

GIVE ME 20 YEARS IN THE ELECTRIC CHAIR!

Hate conquered love in the long run in my experience too.

To the point where I questioned if my wife ever even loved me in the first place.

NOW I JUST WANT YOU TO CARE.

TELL ME BABY, TELL ME DO YOU CARE?

Prince is a genius lyricist. Very underrated.

Experiencing conflicting feelings of love and hate is difficult to express.

AS SOON AS I'M FREE, I WILL RUN TO YOU.

A slave to his emotions without the courage or self-esteem to break-up.

I LOVE U BABY. I LOVE U BABY. I SWEAR. DON'T LEAVE ME BABY.

The fear of being alone, the fear of never finding another who stirs such jarring emotions.

Witness Version 2 is a MASTERPIECE.

I'm surprised more folks aren't spewing love for this song.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #118 posted 09/17/20 12:22pm

Astasheiks

avatar

I Hear Yaw!!!

lol razz biggrin cool prince eye wildsign crysball beret square woot! fro music headbang thumbs up! yeahthat clapping

Now let me make Chiropractor appointment after throwing my back out! lol lol lol

https://www.facebook.com/truefunk777 and https://www.facebook.com/SonofPrince777

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #119 posted 10/01/20 11:31am

RJOrion

"Witness 4 The Prosecution (Version 2)"

this should have been a hit record...its easily one of the best previously unreleased songs on this whole SDE

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 4 of 4 <1234
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > OUT NOW: "Witness 4 The Prosecution (Version 2)"