independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > The Estate Discussion - Continued
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 2 <12
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 03/15/20 4:27pm

PennyPurple

avatar

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

SNJ filed a motion to be awarded a portion of the Estate.

They argue the other heirs sold out, and are financially fluid but they are not because they have held out on selling part of their inheritance even though they have been offered buyouts.

Meaning Omarr too?

A MASK ISN'T TOO MUCH TO ASK!!
JJPOPPYSBOMBSQUAD #OPINIONSMATTER
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 03/15/20 9:19pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

PennyPurple said:

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

SNJ filed a motion to be awarded a portion of the Estate.

They argue the other heirs sold out, and are financially fluid but they are not because they have held out on selling part of their inheritance even though they have been offered buyouts.

Meaning Omarr too?

They said he has with numerous parties including Primary Wave.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 03/16/20 4:36am

PennyPurple

avatar

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

PennyPurple said:

Meaning Omarr too?

They said he has with numerous parties including Primary Wave.

Oh sheesh. neutral

A MASK ISN'T TOO MUCH TO ASK!!
JJPOPPYSBOMBSQUAD #OPINIONSMATTER
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 03/29/20 12:26am

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

Prince's Family Says They Haven’t Been Paid A Dime From Singer's Estate, Plead For Money


Mar 27, 2020 at 17:54 pm UTCBy Ryan Naumann

Prince’s siblings claim they have yet to see a dime from the singer’s estate despite lawyers and advisors being paid out millions.


According to court documents obtained by The Blast, Sharon (sister), Norrine (sister) and John Nelson (brother) have filed a petition for compensation in Prince’s estate.





https://theblast.com/c/si...IBqbhgV6BU

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 04/11/20 8:46am

littlemissG

avatar

I think P was caught in a Catch-22.
If he had a will and leafy little or nothing to family members, as sure as the sun rises unflattering book deals would have been made before he got a vase.
Let’s remeber he gave them financial support Throughout the years, including houses. If they were hoping for mansion now, good luck to ya. I personally don’t care what the relatives get or don’t as long as his legacy is protected. I wish he Had made provision for His favorite charities at his death, an insurance policy would have done that. RIP Sweet Prince.
No More Haters on the Internet.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 04/11/20 8:52am

littlemissG

avatar

prince prince prince
[Edited 4/11/20 8:54am]
No More Haters on the Internet.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 04/12/20 7:14am

laytonian

littlemissG said:

I think P was caught in a Catch-22. If he had a will and leafy little or nothing to family members, as sure as the sun rises unflattering book deals would have been made before he got a vase. Let’s remeber he gave them financial support Throughout the years, including houses. If they were hoping for mansion now, good luck to ya. I personally don’t care what the relatives get or don’t as long as his legacy is protected. I wish he Had made provision for His favorite charities at his death, an insurance policy would have done that. RIP Sweet Prince.

1--He housed his mother, father, and Tyka. Omarr lived/lives in his late mother's home in Golden Valley. He did not house his other half-sublings.

2--He absolutely MAY have had trusts (not insurance policies). Those would be automatically out of the estate and private. We will never know.

I'm at the point where I don't care who sells off their estate share. His "heirs" are either too old to provide guidance for much longer or too busy hiring attorneys (or both). I wish Paisley Park and his personal effects would be rolled into a 501(c)(3) charitable structure and guided by the Minnesota History Museum folks with a combination of associates and artists.

Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 04/18/20 8:17am

vinaysfunk

Kind of agree with u laytonian. It’s just like Prince 2 give a major FU to the idea of money once he was gone from this earth. Liked making it, liked spending it but “never respected the root of all evil and still don’t 2 this day!”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 04/18/20 11:31pm

Astasheiks

avatar

that really seems to sum it up.... "Facedown" razz smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 04/27/20 11:44am

Musze

avatar

laytonian said:

littlemissG said:

I think P was caught in a Catch-22. If he had a will and leafy little or nothing to family members, as sure as the sun rises unflattering book deals would have been made before he got a vase. Let’s remeber he gave them financial support Throughout the years, including houses. If they were hoping for mansion now, good luck to ya. I personally don’t care what the relatives get or don’t as long as his legacy is protected. I wish he Had made provision for His favorite charities at his death, an insurance policy would have done that. RIP Sweet Prince.

1--He housed his mother, father, and Tyka. Omarr lived/lives in his late mother's home in Golden Valley. He did not house his other half-sublings.

2--He absolutely MAY have had trusts (not insurance policies). Those would be automatically out of the estate and private. We will never know.

I'm at the point where I don't care who sells off their estate share. His "heirs" are either too old to provide guidance for much longer or too busy hiring attorneys (or both). I wish Paisley Park and his personal effects would be rolled into a 501(c)(3) charitable structure and guided by the Minnesota History Museum folks with a combination of associates and artists.

The state of MN may have to step in at some point to keep it afloat. Not a bad idea at all.

I Love U, But I Don't Trust U Anymore...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 2 <12
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > The Estate Discussion - Continued