independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 24th Jun 2019 4:26pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > What was Prince's handle here
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #60 posted 05/01/19 10:23am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

one was Prince

Being a die-hard civil rights champion,
Being a die-hard libertarian,
Sometimes I have to defend
that which I find distasteful.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #61 posted 05/01/19 12:52pm

PeteSilas

DarkKnight1 said:

WhisperingDandelions said:

I always see this sentiment expressed, but honestly I've been visiting various superfan artist/band forums since before I was a teen and literally every single one is hypercritical of the artist's work after, say, the first ten years of their career. The Org is pretty standard "fan" fare in that regard.

I agree. My overarching sentiment is that if you have a tendency to take anythng an anonymous fan says personally, then its best to stay away from all fan sites, boards and social media.

ya, I'd say so too, no one likes criticism and it takes your fire away. recently, i have gotten thumbs down on an app that i work with, I had to stop looking because it was taking my motivation away to do a good job. At first I was checking after every customer but I stopped and just realized that some people are going to be unhappy no matter what i do, i don't worry about it anymore. Prince should have been like that.

Prince.org: With fans like these he didn't need haters.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #62 posted 05/01/19 1:16pm

violetcrush

databank said:



violetcrush said:


databank said:


Yeah it could be really harsh sometimes, it used to upset me a lot. Some people clearly had an agenda, acted like Prince had done soemthing horrible to them personally, and had vowed to destroy his reputation both an a person and as an artist.


.


I remember at some point we had one new "Prince is over and done" thread a week, sometimes with 2 or 3 of then running on the front page at the same time and it was like people were sitting and wondering "OK, how am I going to rephrase it today so I can make a new thread about the same thing without the mods considering it a dupe?".


.


Very, very sad sad



Was this around the 1999-2001 time period? That was a rough patch for him.

More like 2013-2014 neutral


Oh yes, I’ve seen some of those threads. Shame that folks were so harsh not long before he passed sad I think his music/shows with 3EG is/were very good. I like the rock sound.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #63 posted 05/01/19 1:28pm

PeteSilas

ya, i'd lurk around that time and say to myself "nothing's changed and it might even be worse". there were people who didn't go along with the toxicity but it was pretty rampant. Like I said, i defy anyone to find "fans" of anyone else going to that level of vitriol.

violetcrush said:

databank said:

More like 2013-2014 neutral

Oh yes, I’ve seen some of those threads. Shame that folks were so harsh not long before he passed sad I think his music/shows with 3EG is/were very good. I like the rock sound.

Prince.org: With fans like these he didn't need haters.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #64 posted 05/01/19 2:31pm

databank

avatar

violetcrush said:

databank said:

More like 2013-2014 neutral

Oh yes, I’ve seen some of those threads. Shame that folks were so harsh not long before he passed sad I think his music/shows with 3EG is/were very good. I like the rock sound.

You know, it's a bit harsh and I don't wanna hurt anyone because some of those are still here (though most of them have disappeared or become apologetic), but I have to admit I have wondered: are they happy now that Prince is over and done, and unable to release any new music that would upset them? Feels like the haters have won sad On the other hand those haters who have become all Prince-loving ever since while they were vomiting hate day in day out when he was alive, I can respect that they've been shaken too by P's death, or that they wanna try and show some dignity now, but dignity isn't just about respecting the dead, it's also, maybe mostly about respecting the living. I hope they remember that next time they wanna trash any living artist or person who may read their posts online...

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #65 posted 05/01/19 2:54pm

Graycap23

avatar

databank said:

violetcrush said:

databank said: Oh yes, I’ve seen some of those threads. Shame that folks were so harsh not long before he passed sad I think his music/shows with 3EG is/were very good. I like the rock sound.

You know, it's a bit harsh and I don't wanna hurt anyone because some of those are still here (though most of them have disappeared or become apologetic), but I have to admit I have wondered: are they happy now that Prince is over and done, and unable to release any new music that would upset them? Feels like the haters have won sad On the other hand those haters who have become all Prince-loving ever since while they were vomiting hate day in day out when he was alive, I can respect that they've been shaken too by P's death, or that they wanna try and show some dignity now, but dignity isn't just about respecting the dead, it's also, maybe mostly about respecting the living. I hope they remember that next time they wanna trash any living artist or person who may read their posts online...

F*ch those assholes.

Prince deserved better than he got here.

That said, Prince was not all roses either.

He did some wild shit 2 folks over the years.

Take a listen 2 Jesse & jellybean.....neither was afraid 2 let people in on exactly how they felt about Prince mistreatment.

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #66 posted 05/01/19 3:34pm

Monarch

avatar

luv4u said:



Monarch said:


eugenius said:

Why do the gatekeepers/mods feel like they have to keep his user names a secret at this point? The power-lording around here is ridiculous sometimes.



It's possible they don't have permission yet. Ok mods may we ask if the org has contacted or has been contacted by the family or estate about this? Has Ben asked?




  1. Nothing to do with permission;

  2. Family/Estate, nothing to do with family/estate; and

  3. He is not going to.


An org account is confidential. Unless you want me to discuss yours with everyone else?






Thank you for answering. Although I hope one day we get to see his comments/discussion on the site (not private messages), it looks like we're going to have to respect the owners decisions.
Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #67 posted 05/01/19 3:42pm

databank

avatar

Graycap23 said:

databank said:

You know, it's a bit harsh and I don't wanna hurt anyone because some of those are still here (though most of them have disappeared or become apologetic), but I have to admit I have wondered: are they happy now that Prince is over and done, and unable to release any new music that would upset them? Feels like the haters have won sad On the other hand those haters who have become all Prince-loving ever since while they were vomiting hate day in day out when he was alive, I can respect that they've been shaken too by P's death, or that they wanna try and show some dignity now, but dignity isn't just about respecting the dead, it's also, maybe mostly about respecting the living. I hope they remember that next time they wanna trash any living artist or person who may read their posts online...

F*ch those assholes.

Prince deserved better than he got here.

That said, Prince was not all roses either.

He did some wild shit 2 folks over the years.

Take a listen 2 Jesse & jellybean.....neither was afraid 2 let people in on exactly how they felt about Prince mistreatment.

I never idealized Prince as a person. I didn't know him personally and never had any personal experiences with him. I spoke with and read stories from people who said he had been very unnice with and very unfair to them. I totally believe that. I've also spoken with and read stories by people who said he was nice, generous and lovely. I believe them, too. I guess the same could be said 'bout most of us. I know people who hate my guts and I still to this day don't know why because I know for sure I never did a thing to them. I know some others who hate my guts and I know why even though I don't always, but sometimes agree with the fact that I treated them badly. I know people who worship me and I have no idea why because they don't know me and I was just being polite or doing my job as an artist. I know many others who love me and that I love in return and we've been really supporting to each others throughout the years. Most of my friends know I can be a pain in the ass sometimes but that I'm not evil. Prince may have been an ass sometimes, maybe even often, but AFAIK he didn't rape or murder. Probably he wasn't someone I'd have felt comfy working or living with, but that doesn't make him an "asshole" or a "bastard" as some people who've never met him said here.

I guess my point is it's easy to be judgemental but most times life and people aren't just all white and black. It's not that simple.

.

Now when it comes to the music, I believe that 1/ No artist owes anything to their audience: fans are free to buy or not to buy, to attend the show or not to attend the show, to like or to dislike, but at the end of the day they should be grateful artists are breaking their backs (and Prince was breaking his back, almost literally) to try and entertain them. You don't like P's music no more: move on and go listen to whatever it is you like now, Prince is not contractually bound to record music you like and you should have better things to do than spend 10 hours a week bashing him on a message board + 2/ At the end of the day art is about the author and art itself not the audience, History will judge but if you only expect artists to entertain you, be prepared to only dig the most commercial, blandest shit, or to be disappointed, but do not ever, ever blame artists for trying. And Prince was trying, always, he was not just repeating a receipe that he hoped would be the most popular shit in the charts. He didn't always go where I hoped he would go artistically, he sometimes did things that I wish he hadn't and did not do things I knew he could do but didn't, or that I hoped he could do but apparently couldn't, but who the fuck was I to give him shit of all people, when the MF had given me so much to enjoy and was so much better and so much hard working than most of us will ever be?

.

Sometimes it made me really angry and I said things I wish I hadn't said and made me behave like an asshole on this board, and I apologize for every time I made a fool of myself like this or disrespected fellow fans. But nonetheless, fuck the lazy haters! Go get yourself a life and create something.

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #68 posted 05/01/19 4:03pm

PeteSilas

couldn't have said it better, I don't think anyone is above criticism and can do no wrong but the shit here was another level.

databank said:

Graycap23 said:

F*ch those assholes.

Prince deserved better than he got here.

That said, Prince was not all roses either.

He did some wild shit 2 folks over the years.

Take a listen 2 Jesse & jellybean.....neither was afraid 2 let people in on exactly how they felt about Prince mistreatment.

I never idealized Prince as a person. I didn't know him personally and never had any personal experiences with him. I spoke with and read stories from people who said he had been very unnice with and very unfair to them. I totally believe that. I've also spoken with and read stories by people who said he was nice, generous and lovely. I believe them, too. I guess the same could be said 'bout most of us. I know people who hate my guts and I still to this day don't know why because I know for sure I never did a thing to them. I know some others who hate my guts and I know why even though I don't always, but sometimes agree with the fact that I treated them badly. I know people who worship me and I have no idea why because they don't know me and I was just being polite or doing my job as an artist. I know many others who love me and that I love in return and we've been really supporting to each others throughout the years. Most of my friends know I can be a pain in the ass sometimes but that I'm not evil. Prince may have been an ass sometimes, maybe even often, but AFAIK he didn't rape or murder. Probably he wasn't someone I'd have felt comfy working or living with, but that doesn't make him an "asshole" or a "bastard" as some people who've never met him said here.

I guess my point is it's easy to be judgemental but most times life and people aren't just all white and black. It's not that simple.

.

Now when it comes to the music, I believe that 1/ No artist owes anything to their audience: fans are free to buy or not to buy, to attend the show or not to attend the show, to like or to dislike, but at the end of the day they should be grateful artists are breaking their backs (and Prince was breaking his back, almost literally) to try and entertain them. You don't like P's music no more: move on and go listen to whatever it is you like now, Prince is not contractually bound to record music you like and you should have better things to do than spend 10 hours a week bashing him on a message board + 2/ At the end of the day art is about the author and art itself not the audience, History will judge but if you only expect artists to entertain you, be prepared to only dig the most commercial, blandest shit, or to be disappointed, but do not ever, ever blame artists for trying. And Prince was trying, always, he was not just repeating a receipe that he hoped would be the most popular shit in the charts. He didn't always go where I hoped he would go artistically, he sometimes did things that I wish he hadn't and did not do things I knew he could do but didn't, or that I hoped he could do but apparently couldn't, but who the fuck was I to give him shit of all people, when the MF had given me so much to enjoy and was so much better and so much hard working than most of us will ever be?

.

Sometimes it made me really angry and I said things I wish I hadn't said and made me behave like an asshole on this board, and I apologize for every time I made a fool of myself like this or disrespected fellow fans. But nonetheless, fuck the lazy haters! Go get yourself a life and create something.

Prince.org: With fans like these he didn't need haters.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #69 posted 05/01/19 4:11pm

rdhull

avatar

dont tell these fuckers shit

lol it aint the estates fault you all devoured bootlegs and heard everything
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #70 posted 05/01/19 4:53pm

onlyforaminute

Astasheiks said:

he must have read a few of those JW threads.... hhhhmmm razz eye crysball




Lawd Jeebus. We were in there swinging at anything that moved.
Year of Return 2019
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #71 posted 05/01/19 7:23pm

ChocolateBox31
21

avatar

luv4u said:

Monarch said:

eugenius said: It's possible they don't have permission yet. Ok mods may we ask if the org has contacted or has been contacted by the family or estate about this? Has Ben asked?



  1. Nothing to do with permission;
  2. Family/Estate, nothing to do with family/estate; and
  3. He is not going to.

An org account is confidential. Unless you want me to discuss yours with everyone else?

prince

[Edited 5/1/19 19:47pm]

So Prince, whom fought 4 his first record deal & got it, fought 4 a movie deal & got it, fought 4 freedom from his WB contract & got it, fought 4 his masters & got them.Gets a curable illness & says 2 himself ok, I'm done. "Life is a Box Of Chocolates"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #72 posted 05/01/19 7:40pm

laytonian

Kares said:

laytonian said:


Exactly.
The estate is archiving his online activity (Twitter and IG) under @prnlegacy.
His posts here would be just as worthy.

.
Agree with both of you. But I think the decision to publish his Org activity, for example, ultimately should be made by the Estate, not by the mods.

Maybe the best thing to do is for his posts (part of complete threads) be turned over to the estate for archiving.

Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #73 posted 05/02/19 1:58am

maplenpg

avatar

.

[Edited 5/2/19 2:01am]

If love is the answer, what was the question? - Carter USM.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #74 posted 05/02/19 5:33am

violetcrush

databank said:

Graycap23 said:

F*ch those assholes.

Prince deserved better than he got here.

That said, Prince was not all roses either.

He did some wild shit 2 folks over the years.

Take a listen 2 Jesse & jellybean.....neither was afraid 2 let people in on exactly how they felt about Prince mistreatment.

I never idealized Prince as a person. I didn't know him personally and never had any personal experiences with him. I spoke with and read stories from people who said he had been very unnice with and very unfair to them. I totally believe that. I've also spoken with and read stories by people who said he was nice, generous and lovely. I believe them, too. I guess the same could be said 'bout most of us. I know people who hate my guts and I still to this day don't know why because I know for sure I never did a thing to them. I know some others who hate my guts and I know why even though I don't always, but sometimes agree with the fact that I treated them badly. I know people who worship me and I have no idea why because they don't know me and I was just being polite or doing my job as an artist. I know many others who love me and that I love in return and we've been really supporting to each others throughout the years. Most of my friends know I can be a pain in the ass sometimes but that I'm not evil. Prince may have been an ass sometimes, maybe even often, but AFAIK he didn't rape or murder. Probably he wasn't someone I'd have felt comfy working or living with, but that doesn't make him an "asshole" or a "bastard" as some people who've never met him said here.

I guess my point is it's easy to be judgemental but most times life and people aren't just all white and black. It's not that simple.

.

Now when it comes to the music, I believe that 1/ No artist owes anything to their audience: fans are free to buy or not to buy, to attend the show or not to attend the show, to like or to dislike, but at the end of the day they should be grateful artists are breaking their backs (and Prince was breaking his back, almost literally) to try and entertain them. You don't like P's music no more: move on and go listen to whatever it is you like now, Prince is not contractually bound to record music you like and you should have better things to do than spend 10 hours a week bashing him on a message board + 2/ At the end of the day art is about the author and art itself not the audience, History will judge but if you only expect artists to entertain you, be prepared to only dig the most commercial, blandest shit, or to be disappointed, but do not ever, ever blame artists for trying. And Prince was trying, always, he was not just repeating a receipe that he hoped would be the most popular shit in the charts. He didn't always go where I hoped he would go artistically, he sometimes did things that I wish he hadn't and did not do things I knew he could do but didn't, or that I hoped he could do but apparently couldn't, but who the fuck was I to give him shit of all people, when the MF had given me so much to enjoy and was so much better and so much hard working than most of us will ever be?

.

Sometimes it made me really angry and I said things I wish I hadn't said and made me behave like an asshole on this board, and I apologize for every time I made a fool of myself like this or disrespected fellow fans. But nonetheless, fuck the lazy haters! Go get yourself a life and create something.

Wonderfully stated. Sadly, as we see everyday via social media, there are many who will criticize and slam someone else's work or words just for the sake of doing so. It's that age-old dynamic of bringing someone else down to elevate themselves, or doing it just because they can. This begins at a very young age - as young as 5-6 yrs old.

*

No doubt, like all of us, Prince had his flaws and occasions when he did not treat those around him well. However, in addition to giving the world 40+ years of mostly great/good music, he also helped many in need. I think the few stories we've heard of his charitable contributions only scratch the surface.

*

Prince, per some of his lyrics, also knew and admitted his flaws. I was listening to one of the 2002 Celebration shows at PP - June 24th I think - where he was thanking the fans for being there, and saying how grateful he was to have the best music-loving fans out there. Then he said, "I may be many things, but one thing I am not is ungrateful". He knew he had flaws.

*

Your bolded comment - absolutely right. As they say, "haters gonna hate" no matter what, so hopefully Prince focused on the positive vibes in this Org world instead of the negative smile

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #75 posted 05/02/19 6:53am

lurker316

avatar

databank said:

if you only expect artists to entertain you, be prepared to only dig the most commercial, blandest shit, or to be disappointed, but do not ever, ever blame artists for trying. And Prince was trying, always, he was not just repeating a receipe that he hoped would be the most popular shit in the charts. He didn't always go where I hoped he would go artistically, he sometimes did things that I wish he hadn't and did not do things I knew he could do but didn't, or that I hoped he could do but apparently couldn't

.

As long as Prince was trying to do new and innovated things I always supported him, even if I personally wasn't into the particular style of music that resulted. For example, Xpectation isn't something I'd ever listen to, but I respect the hell out of Prince for making it. I'm not gonna hate on him simple because he made a style of music that isn't to my tastes.

.

But with that said, I was negative toward Prince when I didn't feel like he was trying... the times I felt he was chasing hits or a particular audience. For example, I was very critical of his rap and hip-hop phase in the '90s.

.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #76 posted 05/02/19 3:27pm

Astasheiks

avatar

onlyforaminute said:

Astasheiks said:

he must have read a few of those JW threads.... hhhhmmm razz eye crysball

Lawd Jeebus. We were in there swinging at anything that moved.

His last month, last 7 days, last 24 hours do you think he renounce the JW faith since the Investigator/Cops took a photo of a regular Bible and not a JW Bible on his desk/vanity table? Interesting the JW's had a Memorial Service which would suggest he was still a JW when he left Earth.... hhhhmmm Freaky....

[Edited 5/2/19 15:29pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #77 posted 05/02/19 3:46pm

PeteSilas

Astasheiks said:

onlyforaminute said:

Astasheiks said: Lawd Jeebus. We were in there swinging at anything that moved.

His last month, last 7 days, last 24 hours do you think he renounce the JW faith since the Investigator/Cops took a photo of a regular Bible and not a JW Bible on his desk/vanity table? Interesting the JW's had a Memorial Service which would suggest he was still a JW when he left Earth.... hhhhmmm Freaky....

[Edited 5/2/19 15:29pm]

we've talked about it, most likely he drifted but didn't officially do anything as a "member" which is wonderful, I'd take the eastern religion and it's freedom over the oppressiveness of all things Christian/judeo. the real prince we know and love was a maverick, he came through in the end I think. He got lost? That's just some people's opinions, and even if he did, we all get lost sometimes.

Prince.org: With fans like these he didn't need haters.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #78 posted 05/02/19 5:10pm

POOK

avatar


WELL

POOK NOT PRINCE

BUT

POOK HEARD SINCE

THAT PRINCE ON ORG!

THIS POST HAVE PROOF

AND PRINCE KNOW POOK

AND THAT POOK TRUF

http://prince.org/msg/7/158619

P o o |/,
P o o |\
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #79 posted 05/02/19 9:14pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

POOK said:

WELL POOK NOT PRINCE BUT POOK HEARD SINCE THAT PRINCE ON ORG! THIS POST HAVE PROOF AND PRINCE KNOW POOK AND THAT POOK TRUF http://prince.org/msg/7/158619


hahahaaaa

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #80 posted 05/02/19 10:57pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

POOK said:

WELL POOK NOT PRINCE BUT POOK HEARD SINCE THAT PRINCE ON ORG! THIS POST HAVE PROOF AND PRINCE KNOW POOK AND THAT POOK TRUF http://prince.org/msg/7/158619


hahahaaaa



spit


POOK ORG MONKEY

POOK EAT BANANA, NO FLING POO!

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #81 posted 05/03/19 12:57am

erik319

avatar

connorhawke said:

Tame



lol
blah blah blah
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #82 posted 05/03/19 6:41am

violetcrush

POOK said:


WELL

POOK NOT PRINCE

BUT

POOK HEARD SINCE

THAT PRINCE ON ORG!

THIS POST HAVE PROOF

AND PRINCE KNOW POOK

AND THAT POOK TRUF

http://prince.org/msg/7/158619

Dang!! Bummed that I missed the POOK posts biggrin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #83 posted 05/03/19 4:42pm

klick2me

avatar

POOK said:

WELL POOK NOT PRINCE BUT POOK HEARD SINCE THAT PRINCE ON ORG! THIS POST HAVE PROOF AND PRINCE KNOW POOK AND THAT POOK TRUF http://prince.org/msg/7/158619

WOW! I noticed a response from Anxiety in this link/post: where did he go? I miss his wit...

klick
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #84 posted 05/04/19 5:45am

funksterr

lurker316 said:

.

I understand withholding his secret handles while he was alive, but now that he's passed what's it matter? He won't be using them any more. Why not reveal them?

.

Also, does anyone know generally how often he visited The Org? Was it a once-a-year thing? Once-a-month? Weekly?

.


He was on fansites all day every day since AOL first became a thing.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #85 posted 05/04/19 6:21am

violetcrush

funksterr said:



lurker316 said:


.


I understand withholding his secret handles while he was alive, but now that he's passed what's it matter? He won't be using them any more. Why not reveal them?


.


Also, does anyone know generally how often he visited The Org? Was it a once-a-year thing? Once-a-month? Weekly?


.





He was on fansites all day every day since AOL first became a thing.


No doubt! He was also on YT scouting for talented musicians. I believe he found Hannah Ford that way - others too.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #86 posted 05/04/19 7:36am

Mumio

avatar

funksterr said:


He was on fansites all day every day since AOL first became a thing.



lol Whaaaaat? You mean he actually knew how to use a computer and navigate the internet?? No way!!!! lol wink

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #87 posted 05/04/19 8:27am

violetcrush

Mumio said:



funksterr said:




He was on fansites all day every day since AOL first became a thing.





lol Whaaaaat? You mean he actually knew how to use a computer and navigate the internet?? No way!!!! lol wink


Yeah, but a very basic user I’m sure. Navigating sites yes - installing software and hardware, no. And I would imagine his basic skills were not “self-taught”. I’m sure his crew that handled technology at PP sat down with him to show him what to do.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #88 posted 05/04/19 8:54am

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

funksterr said:

lurker316 said:

.

I understand withholding his secret handles while he was alive, but now that he's passed what's it matter? He won't be using them any more. Why not reveal them?

.

Also, does anyone know generally how often he visited The Org? Was it a once-a-year thing? Once-a-month? Weekly?

.


He was on fansites all day every day since AOL first became a thing.


He did chat with folks in the NPGMC chat room nod

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #89 posted 05/04/19 10:25am

wonderboy

Confidentiality should go away with the death of the handle owner. Seeing what Prince was responding too would be another intriguing facet to keep people interested in him and this site for a little longer.

Ultimately it helps keep his legacy alive while those that followed him while he was with us remain engage and are still vertical.

The mods should do some research and post an article on his handles, posts and interaction with this website (good and bad) over time.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > What was Prince's handle here