independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 16th Jul 2019 6:00pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Batman logo help
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 04/24/19 1:37pm

frodawgg

Batman logo help

Hi!

Does anyone know where I can get the full logo from The Arms of Orion and Partyman singles? As you see in the picture, they're cut off at the sides. The closest I found is also pictured, but there are slight differences (the upper wings aren't as wide and the tail doesn't extend as far to the bottom of the oval).

Any would be great, but preferably straight rather than tilted, black and white, and .png format. Thanks in advance for any help!

PRINCE_THE%2BARMS%2BOF%2BORION-160645.jplatest?cb=20180201150011

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 04/24/19 1:44pm

42Kristen

Maybe from Ebay

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 04/24/19 2:01pm

mikeyaddict

avatar

Sleeve of the batdance 12 inch. Or - https://www.google.co.uk/...mp;bih=454
Comin str8 outta Preston...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 04/24/19 2:41pm

BartVanHemelen

avatar

For crying out loud, this was one of the biggest movies of 1989. Have you even bothered to Google this?

© Bart Van Hemelen
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by Prince or the NPG Music Club. You assume all risk for
your use. All rights reserved.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 04/25/19 12:50pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

What Bart means to say is go to Google images, and search for "Batman 89 logo". You'll get loads of results there. If you want it in black and white, you can use any editing software to put it in black and white.

Unfortunately, Bart got no love as a child and grew up feeling frustrated as a result. Now that he's an old man, he takes that frustration out on strangers on the Internet, from the safety of his keyboard.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 04/25/19 2:07pm

ian

avatar

In fairness to Bart, anyone who was alive in 89 will remember that logo was on absolutely EVERYTHING for about a full year, from t-shirts to lunch boxes it was full on bat-mania smile So yeah, any reference images from the 89 movie will have the logo.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 04/25/19 2:12pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

ian said:

In fairness to Bart, anyone who was alive in 89 will remember that logo was on absolutely EVERYTHING for about a full year, from t-shirts to lunch boxes it was full on bat-mania smile So yeah, any reference images from the 89 movie will have the logo.



There is no "fairness to Bart" in this case. This is the first post this orger has made and is only asking a simple question. Yet Bart can't just give a simple answer without being an arsehole. I get that it's his schtick to be an arsehole and I'm 90% sure that he's actually just a troll who goes out of his way to get people's dander up but there's no excuse for his behaviour.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 04/25/19 3:34pm

frodawgg

Thanks for the polite (and not-so-polite) replies. Of course, I've heard of the movie--it's what got me into the character thirty years ago and is one of my all-time favorite movies. Yes, I've googled it and came across every other logo, so that's why I came here, because, as odd as it sounds, it seems this logo may have been used exclusively for these singles. If you read my request, you would see that I pointed out that, while it's virtually identical to the common marketing logo, it does have VERY minute differences, such as the roundness of the upper wings and the slightly longer tail extending a bit further to the oval.

Thank you for your time and assistance, and if you're able to find the EXACT one I've detailed, I will welcome it and forgive any jerkishness. Actually, I'll do that anyway, because that's the kind of guy I am. 🙂

Peace ☮️
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 04/25/19 3:49pm

LenguaDePlata

EmmaMcG said:

ian said:

In fairness to Bart, anyone who was alive in 89 will remember that logo was on absolutely EVERYTHING for about a full year, from t-shirts to lunch boxes it was full on bat-mania smile So yeah, any reference images from the 89 movie will have the logo.



There is no "fairness to Bart" in this case. This is the first post this orger has made and is only asking a simple question. Yet Bart can't just give a simple answer without being an arsehole. I get that it's his schtick to be an arsehole and I'm 90% sure that he's actually just a troll who goes out of his way to get people's dander up but there's no excuse for his behaviour.

The thing about being an arsehole is that it is a choice. Other available choices are replying politely to a post or ignoring it. The latter actually takes less effort than being an arsehole. Bart makes the choice and puts an effort into being an arsehole. He often shares relevant information and links, for which I’m grateful. But I have no sympathy for him when he chooses to act like this
Life is just a party, and parties weren’t meant to last...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 04/25/19 3:58pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

BartVanHemelen said:

For crying out loud, this was one of the biggest movies of 1989. Have you even bothered to Google this?



C'mon, man. You can do better. You HAVE done better. Let's keep it up!

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 04/25/19 4:07pm

peedub

avatar

if you copy the logo on the single, mirror it and rotate 180 degrees you should be able to overlay them and end up with the (nearly?) complete image with a little editing.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 04/25/19 4:31pm

frodawgg

peedub said:

if you copy the logo on the single, mirror it and rotate 180 degrees you should be able to overlay them and end up with the (nearly?) complete image with a little editing.


That's a thought.

Possibly...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 04/26/19 12:38am

ian

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

ian said:

In fairness to Bart, anyone who was alive in 89 will remember that logo was on absolutely EVERYTHING for about a full year, from t-shirts to lunch boxes it was full on bat-mania smile So yeah, any reference images from the 89 movie will have the logo.

There is no "fairness to Bart" in this case. This is the first post this orger has made and is only asking a simple question. Yet Bart can't just give a simple answer without being an arsehole. I get that it's his schtick to be an arsehole and I'm 90% sure that he's actually just a troll who goes out of his way to get people's dander up but there's no excuse for his behaviour.

Sure, but we might as well argue with the sky for being blue or the grass for being green smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 04/26/19 1:08am

Kares

avatar

frodawgg said:

Thanks for the polite (and not-so-polite) replies. Of course, I've heard of the movie--it's what got me into the character thirty years ago and is one of my all-time favorite movies. Yes, I've googled it and came across every other logo, so that's why I came here, because, as odd as it sounds, it seems this logo may have been used exclusively for these singles. If you read my request, you would see that I pointed out that, while it's virtually identical to the common marketing logo, it does have VERY minute differences, such as the roundness of the upper wings and the slightly longer tail extending a bit further to the oval. Thank you for your time and assistance, and if you're able to find the EXACT one I've detailed, I will welcome it and forgive any jerkishness. Actually, I'll do that anyway, because that's the kind of guy I am. 🙂 Peace ☮️

.
If you can't find the exact one you're looking for, just download a vector graphics version of it (I'm sure there are plenty out there), open up it in Illustrator, overlaying the Prince cover, and you'll be able to make the adjustments you want with a few mouseclicks.

Friends don't let friends clap on 1 and 3.

The Paisley Park Vault spreadsheet: https://goo.gl/zzWHrU
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 04/26/19 10:08am

frodawgg

Kares said:

frodawgg said:

Thanks for the polite (and not-so-polite) replies. Of course, I've heard of the movie--it's what got me into the character thirty years ago and is one of my all-time favorite movies. Yes, I've googled it and came across every other logo, so that's why I came here, because, as odd as it sounds, it seems this logo may have been used exclusively for these singles. If you read my request, you would see that I pointed out that, while it's virtually identical to the common marketing logo, it does have VERY minute differences, such as the roundness of the upper wings and the slightly longer tail extending a bit further to the oval. Thank you for your time and assistance, and if you're able to find the EXACT one I've detailed, I will welcome it and forgive any jerkishness. Actually, I'll do that anyway, because that's the kind of guy I am. 🙂 Peace ☮️

.
If you can't find the exact one you're looking for, just download a vector graphics version of it (I'm sure there are plenty out there), open up it in Illustrator, overlaying the Prince cover, and you'll be able to make the adjustments you want with a few mouseclicks.

I'll try that...thanks!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 04/26/19 3:00pm

herb4

avatar

BartVanHemelen said:

For crying out loud, this was one of the biggest movies of 1989. Have you even bothered to Google this?

Aaannnnd there he is. ^^^Asshole^^^, You DO know ignoring threads IS and option, yes?

Anyway...

THis link has vector art for a lot of Batman logos. You can blow a vector image up large enough to put on a truck and never lose resolution.

https://seeklogo.com/free...gos/batman

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Batman logo help