independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 15th Sep 2019 6:09pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Could u do like Prince and stay up in PP at night by yourself?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 07/24/17 2:12pm

Astasheiks

avatar

Could u do like Prince and stay up in PP at night by yourself?

I could not stay up in no 65,000 square ft. building by myself in the night. I would have to have a few people up in there with me, haha biggrin So Could u do like Prince and stay up in PP at night by yourself? Yea or Nea? He wrote a song something to the effect "There Are Others Here With Us" or something like that, some of you all know what song I'm talking about. Coupled with the fact that he like to spend late night hours in the studio. How would like to be in the studio around 2am-5am and you hear something down the hall like at 3am and you know you the only one there? lol Maybe nothing never happen in all those years he kept late night hours or I wonder if ever happen to him at all or maybe few time over 30 years?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 07/24/17 2:17pm

laytonian

.
Of course.
It was his place. His specifications.
Can you not stay alone in your own place?
.
This is like those silly Facebook memes about "could you stay in this dirty old cabin in the woods for a month" LOL
Paisley is NOT that
[Edited 7/24/17 14:19pm]
Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 07/24/17 2:37pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

It would be nice and quiet. Have the whole place to myself.

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 07/24/17 2:59pm

morningsong

If I were used to being around the place like he was, sure.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 07/24/17 3:40pm

Astasheiks

avatar

laytonian said:

. Of course. It was his place. His specifications. Can you not stay alone in your own place? . This is like those silly Facebook memes about "could you stay in this dirty old cabin in the woods for a month" LOL Paisley is NOT that [Edited 7/24/17 14:19pm]

65,000 sq ft is alot different from 3,000 sq ft... razz lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 07/24/17 3:51pm

Astasheiks

avatar

luv4u said:

It would be nice and quiet. Have the whole place to myself.

That would have been interesting question to have asked him when he was alive, "Did you ever hear any noises up in here when you were by yourself keeping late night hours"? biggrin

Since you wrote "Others Here With Us" (Keep in mind this was back when he was wild 1985):

When I'm alone, my mind takes a drive
Through chocolate religion and spirits alive
All I was brought up in this world 2 know
Is lost when a demon swallows them whole

Chorus:
There's others here with us
There's others here with us, I know

It's strange how your mind works when Love is in power
One learns 2 care and appreciate a flower
What makes others want 2 change your mind?
All the things I've seen, life is so sublime

Chorus

7-month-old baby died in her sleep
The parents went crazy and cried 4 a week
They swore they heard her laugh in the crib by the wall
They're convinced she's with us if she's anything at all

There's others here with us
There's others here with us, I know (I know)

Bobby had an uncle who took a string
And wrapped his neck around it, a pitiful thing
If only we can turn back the hands of time
Except there's others here with us, life is sublime

There's others here with us
There's others here with us, I know (I know)

All the things I've seen {x2}

Chorus

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 07/24/17 3:52pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

To me, that sounds like heaven. In fact, if there was such a thing as heaven, I imagine it to be a huge mansion with nobody else in it other than me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 07/24/17 4:05pm

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

avatar

Sure could. Where do I pick up the keys? razz

Here's what bothers ME:

Prince died of an overdose of the drug Fentanyl. Of which, it is very highly fucking likely that he never even knew he'd taken.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 07/24/17 4:23pm

Lotuslover

Astasheiks said:

I could not stay up in no 65,000 square ft. building by myself in the night. I would have to have a few people up in there with me, haha biggrin So Could u do like Prince and stay up in PP at night by yourself? Yea or Nea? He wrote a song something to the effect "There Are Others Here With Us" or something like that, some of you all know what song I'm talking about. Coupled with the fact that he like to spend late night hours in the studio. How would like to be in the studio around 2am-5am and you hear something down the hall like at 3am and you know you the only one there? lol Maybe nothing never happen in all those years he kept late night hours or I wonder if ever happen to him at all or maybe few time over 30 years?

Hell yes. If Prince was in that place on his own I completely get it. My Mamma always said it is the living that hurt you not the dead. Listen to Paisley Park, he loved it there.

Time by yourself is time well spent. I feel no sorrow for Prince being on his own the night he left us. I believe when it is your time to go there aint nothing you can do to change it. Aside from the fact the people around him were a hot mess. Who wouldn't of shut the doors to get some peace. I dont think he knew what was going to happen. My angels say it was peaceful and he was happy to go.

Prince had a love of God and a spirituality, none of us knew his journey. I believe regardless of how his journey on this plane ended, good or bad, it was right for him.

I am sad that I can no longer hear new music, participate at new concerts. Look out for new interviews and feel excitement about all this. It is selfish really because this man had finished his journey here, and because I was not ready for him to go, I am gutted. We have to let him go, and enjoy the gems he left us. I hope we can all take something from Prince and his time here. He gave us many pointers about the minutae of life. With that in mind I am sliding Come into my CD player and what the neighbours think is out of my control. Peace and be wild not cos that what he said but for real. Fuck it! x

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 07/24/17 4:28pm

Astasheiks

avatar

Cool post

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 07/24/17 4:35pm

Superfan1984

I've wondered this. I think he loved Paisley Park (of course) and I'm sure he felt comfortable there but I would get a little spooked in such a huge place alone. Especially being Prince it seems he might have worried about a crazy fan or a stalker showing up? I sure would worry about that if I were alone in PP and were him. I mean, alone and he's Prince- what if someone broke in? he would be screwed...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 07/24/17 5:23pm

TwiliteKid

avatar

You're joking about There's Others Here With Us, right? It was written long before Paisley Park was built.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 07/24/17 5:31pm

Transformed1

"When I'm alone, my mind takes a drive
Through chocolate religion and spirits alive
All I was brought up in this world 2 know
Is lost when a demon swallows them whole"

To this day, I still insist that he is saying "childhood religion" not "chocolate. In the next line he's talking about being brought up (childhood).

I could be wrong though.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 07/24/17 6:30pm

daingermouz202
0

It's pretty big. Maybe If I had my own seperate wing with bedroom,bathroom small kitchen small studio but I still like to have security in the other areas and entrance points.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 07/25/17 3:28am

TheEnglishGent

avatar

Stay in PP at nigth by myself? I'd give it a go but I think I'd probably end up getting arrested trying to break in there.

RIP sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 07/25/17 4:46am

CalhounSq

avatar

It was his home/2nd home, he was perfectly comfortable there. I would have been too. He made a little universe for himself, I love that he had a place where he felt free to create anytime he wanted.
heart prince I never met you, but I LOVE you & I will forever!! Thank you for being YOU - my little Princey, the best to EVER do it prince heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 07/25/17 10:28am

jcurley

Superfan1984 said:

I've wondered this. I think he loved Paisley Park (of course) and I'm sure he felt comfortable there but I would get a little spooked in such a huge place alone. Especially being Prince it seems he might have worried about a crazy fan or a stalker showing up? I sure would worry about that if I were alone in PP and were him. I mean, alone and he's Prince- what if someone broke in? he would be screwed...



I agree totally.
I remember years ago, I had to stay in an empty nursing home that belonged to a friend. Almost as a security guard. It creeped me out. I just felt like a child when you look under the bed for monsters
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 07/25/17 10:33am

Astasheiks

avatar

daingermouz2020 said:

It's pretty big. Maybe If I had my own seperate wing with bedroom,bathroom small kitchen small studio but I still like to have security in the other areas and entrance points.

Yeah, Thats makes a lot of sense, I would do the same for Somebody of his stature/celebrity

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 07/25/17 10:34am

Astasheiks

avatar

jcurley said:

Superfan1984 said:

I've wondered this. I think he loved Paisley Park (of course) and I'm sure he felt comfortable there but I would get a little spooked in such a huge place alone. Especially being Prince it seems he might have worried about a crazy fan or a stalker showing up? I sure would worry about that if I were alone in PP and were him. I mean, alone and he's Prince- what if someone broke in? he would be screwed...

I agree totally. I remember years ago, I had to stay in an empty nursing home that belonged to a friend. Almost as a security guard. It creeped me out. I just felt like a child when you look under the bed for monsters

Did you witness any Supernatural / Paranormal activity there?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 07/25/17 10:35am

Astasheiks

avatar

TwiliteKid said:

You're joking about There's Others Here With Us, right? It was written long before Paisley Park was built.

I know that, "They" may have found there way on to PP? smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 07/25/17 1:00pm

Superfan1984

jcurley said:

Superfan1984 said:

I've wondered this. I think he loved Paisley Park (of course) and I'm sure he felt comfortable there but I would get a little spooked in such a huge place alone. Especially being Prince it seems he might have worried about a crazy fan or a stalker showing up? I sure would worry about that if I were alone in PP and were him. I mean, alone and he's Prince- what if someone broke in? he would be screwed...

I agree totally. I remember years ago, I had to stay in an empty nursing home that belonged to a friend. Almost as a security guard. It creeped me out. I just felt like a child when you look under the bed for monsters

Oh HELL NO! eek eek

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 07/25/17 4:52pm

Mumio

avatar

Lotuslover said:

Hell yes. If Prince was in that place on his own I completely get it. My Mamma always said it is the living that hurt you not the dead. Listen to Paisley Park, he loved it there.

Time by yourself is time well spent. I feel no sorrow for Prince being on his own the night he left us. I believe when it is your time to go there aint nothing you can do to change it. Aside from the fact the people around him were a hot mess. Who wouldn't of shut the doors to get some peace. I dont think he knew what was going to happen. My angels say it was peaceful and he was happy to go.

Prince had a love of God and a spirituality, none of us knew his journey. I believe regardless of how his journey on this plane ended, good or bad, it was right for him.

I am sad that I can no longer hear new music, participate at new concerts. Look out for new interviews and feel excitement about all this. It is selfish really because this man had finished his journey here, and because I was not ready for him to go, I am gutted. We have to let him go, and enjoy the gems he left us. I hope we can all take something from Prince and his time here. He gave us many pointers about the minutae of life. With that in mind I am sliding Come into my CD player and what the neighbours think is out of my control. Peace and be wild not cos that what he said but for real. Fuck it! x


I agree with much of this Lotuslover. Well said.

I could be there alone provided there was a working security system.



Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 07/25/17 7:14pm

luvsexy4all

if i had access to the vault to listen to..

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 07/25/17 10:43pm

1contessa

I'm sure that there were times that he felt lonely, all by himself in such a big place, he was human after all.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 07/25/17 10:58pm

sonshine

avatar

Yup. He built it years earlier. He would have been very familiar with every inch of it. He was comfortable there as he should have been. If it were me under those circunstances yes i could stay there alone.
It's a hurtful place, the world, in and of itself. We don't need to add to it. We all need one another. ~ PRN
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 07/26/17 5:27am

Azifwekare319

avatar

Lotuslover said:

Astasheiks said:

I could not stay up in no 65,000 square ft. building by myself in the night. I would have to have a few people up in there with me, haha biggrin So Could u do like Prince and stay up in PP at night by yourself? Yea or Nea? He wrote a song something to the effect "There Are Others Here With Us" or something like that, some of you all know what song I'm talking about. Coupled with the fact that he like to spend late night hours in the studio. How would like to be in the studio around 2am-5am and you hear something down the hall like at 3am and you know you the only one there? lol Maybe nothing never happen in all those years he kept late night hours or I wonder if ever happen to him at all or maybe few time over 30 years?

Hell yes. If Prince was in that place on his own I completely get it. My Mamma always said it is the living that hurt you not the dead. Listen to Paisley Park, he loved it there.

Time by yourself is time well spent. I feel no sorrow for Prince being on his own the night he left us. I believe when it is your time to go there aint nothing you can do to change it. Aside from the fact the people around him were a hot mess. Who wouldn't of shut the doors to get some peace. I dont think he knew what was going to happen. My angels say it was peaceful and he was happy to go.

Prince had a love of God and a spirituality, none of us knew his journey. I believe regardless of how his journey on this plane ended, good or bad, it was right for him.

I am sad that I can no longer hear new music, participate at new concerts. Look out for new interviews and feel excitement about all this. It is selfish really because this man had finished his journey here, and because I was not ready for him to go, I am gutted. We have to let him go, and enjoy the gems he left us. I hope we can all take something from Prince and his time here. He gave us many pointers about the minutae of life. With that in mind I am sliding Come into my CD player and what the neighbours think is out of my control. Peace and be wild not cos that what he said but for real. Fuck it! x


I love this post. Thank you

If you ever lose someone dear 2 U, never say the words "they're gone". They'll come back.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 07/26/17 6:43am

motown1958

Lotuslover:

“Hell yes. If Prince was in that place on his own I completely get it. My mama always said it is the living that hurt you not the dead. Listen to Paisley Park, he loved it there.

Time by yourself is time well spent. I feel no sorrow for Prince being on his own the night he left us. I believe when it is your time to go there ain’t nothing you can do to change it. Aside from the fact the people around him were a hot mess. Who wouldn't of shut the doors to get some peace. I don’t think he knew what was going to happen. My angels say it was peaceful and he was happy to go.

Prince had a love of God and a spirituality, none of us knew his journey. I believe regardless of how his journey on this plane ended, good or bad, it was right for him.

I am sad that I can no longer hear new music, participate at new concerts. Look out for new interviews and feel excitement about all this. It is selfish really because this man had finished his journey here, and because I was not ready for him to go, I am gutted. We have to let him go, and enjoy the gems he left us. I hope we can all take something from Prince and his time here. He gave us many pointers about the minutae of life. With that in mind I am sliding ‘Come’ into my CD player and what the neighbors think is out of my control. Peace and be wild not cos that what he said but for real. Fuck it! X”

Well said

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 07/26/17 10:54am

anangellooksdo
wn

This is about the sweetest post I've ever seen.
Prince would love it, and does love it.
He's getting a real kick out of this now.
No wonder he loved his Fam so much.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 07/26/17 11:46am

OperatingTheta
n

avatar

I still want that Willy Wonka ticket to the vault, so, yes.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 07/26/17 11:51am

0uterageous

I remember being inside for the very first time......and it felt like home cloud9

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Could u do like Prince and stay up in PP at night by yourself?