independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 14th Dec 2019 11:39pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Anyone tried making any of "Prince's favorite foods" at home?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 11/13/16 10:42am

ksl1974

Anyone tried making any of "Prince's favorite foods" at home?

I did!! I made the coconut curry last night!! Tasted almost exactly like what I ate at Paisley Park. Just missing a little of the kick. Not quite as spicy as what we had there. And I also made kale chips a few weeks ago. Pretty tasty, but I ruined those with TOO much spice. Wish I had exact recipes of how they made everything.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 11/13/16 10:47am

PennyPurple

avatar

It would be nice if they came out with a cookbook. That would be a good item to sell in the gift shop. Maybe even signed by his personal chef.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 11/13/16 12:07pm

ksl1974

PennyPurple said:

It would be nice if they came out with a cookbook. That would be a good item to sell in the gift shop. Maybe even signed by his personal chef.


That would be awesome!!! There's a few other things I'd like to make, but I have no idea HOW!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 11/13/16 3:33pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

PennyPurple said:

It would be nice if they came out with a cookbook. That would be a good item to sell in the gift shop. Maybe even signed by his personal chef.

That would be a nice idea, although the chefs 'own' those recipies

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 11/14/16 5:38am

Dibblekins

'Food Fit for a Prince' - by (whoever his chefs were).

I'd buy it - I've been vegetarian for 28 years, and his meals look / sound delicious to me!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 11/14/16 9:01am

thequeenofthek
ings

avatar

I wish I knew how to make everything I ate there...INCLUDING the Vegan Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Bar. I have dreams about how heavenly that tasted. LOL If anyone gets close to the recipes, post them I'd love to try myself, just don't know where to start. Thanks!

"Put on your boots Alfred...let's go!"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 11/14/16 9:08am

joytotheworld

luv4u said:

PennyPurple said:

It would be nice if they came out with a cookbook. That would be a good item to sell in the gift shop. Maybe even signed by his personal chef.

That would be a nice idea, although the chefs 'own' those recipies

Thanks for the reminder on that...maybe one day they will come out with their own cookbook and include those recipes.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 11/14/16 9:52am

ksl1974

thequeenofthekings said:

I wish I knew how to make everything I ate there...INCLUDING the Vegan Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Bar. I have dreams about how heavenly that tasted. LOL If anyone gets close to the recipes, post them I'd love to try myself, just don't know where to start. Thanks!

The coconut curry one I made, I found on pinterest! And like I said, tasted almost exactly like what we had there. Just missing a little of the kick. (I left out one spice in the recipe..pretty sure that's why) Otherwise, I felt like I was back at Paisley Park again!! biggrin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 11/14/16 10:49am

morningsong

Give them a minute. I understood the chefs own a store there in Minn., busy folks.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 11/14/16 1:00pm

SpinsterSister

As a professional baking/pastry student, I did reach out to Ray about this but have thus far received no reply - however, I would like a compliation from all his chefs - savory, sweet, vegetarian and meat - on his favorite recipes/formulas.

Now, there is a Prince cookie recipe that is out now - that will be part of my final (tasting of 3 desserts)....wish me good luck!

Need me some fuzzy love....and yes, I wear clear heels
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 11/14/16 1:00pm

SpinsterSister

Dibblekins said:

'Food Fit for a Prince' - by (whoever his chefs were).

I'd buy it - I've been vegetarian for 28 years, and his meals look / sound delicious to me!

that is the name of my final tasting project....."Dessert fit for a Prince"

Need me some fuzzy love....and yes, I wear clear heels
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 11/14/16 3:15pm

thequeenofthek
ings

avatar

ksl1974 said:

thequeenofthekings said:

I wish I knew how to make everything I ate there...INCLUDING the Vegan Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Bar. I have dreams about how heavenly that tasted. LOL If anyone gets close to the recipes, post them I'd love to try myself, just don't know where to start. Thanks!

The coconut curry one I made, I found on pinterest! And like I said, tasted almost exactly like what we had there. Just missing a little of the kick. (I left out one spice in the recipe..pretty sure that's why) Otherwise, I felt like I was back at Paisley Park again!! biggrin

smile Thank you! I'll have to look on Pintrest.

"Put on your boots Alfred...let's go!"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 11/14/16 4:13pm

trc1

avatar

They all sound soooo good! All I can make is pancakes. neutral
"I don't make the rules. I just play"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 11/14/16 6:23pm

PennyPurple

avatar

SpinsterSister said:

As a professional baking/pastry student, I did reach out to Ray about this but have thus far received no reply - however, I would like a compliation from all his chefs - savory, sweet, vegetarian and meat - on his favorite recipes/formulas.

Now, there is a Prince cookie recipe that is out now - that will be part of my final (tasting of 3 desserts)....wish me good luck!

And don't forget, it was my idea. wink

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 11/14/16 6:47pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

joytotheworld said:

luv4u said:

That would be a nice idea, although the chefs 'own' those recipies

Thanks for the reminder on that...maybe one day they will come out with their own cookbook and include those recipes.

Lovely idea......... Paisley Park are you listening?? hmmm

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 11/15/16 6:06am

ksl1974

luv4u said:

joytotheworld said:

Thanks for the reminder on that...maybe one day they will come out with their own cookbook and include those recipes.

Lovely idea......... Paisley Park are you listening?? hmmm

I would totally buy a cookbook with all of those recipes! I just remember how good that tent smelled when we walked out with all the food cooking! And that was the first time I'd ever had quinoa(or however you spell it). And it was good too!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 11/15/16 9:46am

phatphuk

    “Sometimes People Don't Want To Hear The Truth Because They Don't Want Their Illusions Destroyed” — Friedrich Nietzsche 
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 11/15/16 11:29am

PennyPurple

avatar

phatphuk said:



I Warsh Myself With A Rag On A Stick!Yes, especially the green ones. wink

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 11/15/16 12:15pm

destinyc1

My squash came out terrible and ran through the rest of the food sad

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 11/15/16 12:18pm

LBrent

PennyPurple said:

phatphuk said:



I Warsh Myself With A Rag On A Stick!Yes, especially the green ones. wink

Don't forget Doritos. They're made from corn which is a vegetable so Doritos are a vegetable.

eek

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 11/15/16 2:38pm

Mumio

avatar

SpinsterSister said:

As a professional baking/pastry student, I did reach out to Ray about this but have thus far received no reply - however, I would like a compliation from all his chefs - savory, sweet, vegetarian and meat - on his favorite recipes/formulas.

Now, there is a Prince cookie recipe that is out now - that will be part of my final (tasting of 3 desserts)....wish me good luck!



Fingers crossed for you Sister!

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 11/15/16 3:39pm

LBrent

Mumio said:

SpinsterSister said:

As a professional baking/pastry student, I did reach out to Ray about this but have thus far received no reply - however, I would like a compliation from all his chefs - savory, sweet, vegetarian and meat - on his favorite recipes/formulas.

Now, there is a Prince cookie recipe that is out now - that will be part of my final (tasting of 3 desserts)....wish me good luck!



Fingers crossed for you Sister!

Has anyone tried to make the infamous Lavender pancakes with Lavender syrup yet?

I also found a recipe for Lavender scones.

Look at P, gettin folks to eat healthier. That man was a trip. Lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 11/17/16 1:56am

Rainbow1

ksl1974 said:

I did!! I made the coconut curry last night!! Tasted almost exactly like what I ate at Paisley Park. Just missing a little of the kick. Not quite as spicy as what we had there. And I also made kale chips a few weeks ago. Pretty tasty, but I ruined those with TOO much spice. Wish I had exact recipes of how they made everything.



What else did they serve that Prince ate??? I am curious . Did they mention what his daily diet was like?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 11/17/16 6:53am

ksl1974

Rainbow1 said:

ksl1974 said:

I did!! I made the coconut curry last night!! Tasted almost exactly like what I ate at Paisley Park. Just missing a little of the kick. Not quite as spicy as what we had there. And I also made kale chips a few weeks ago. Pretty tasty, but I ruined those with TOO much spice. Wish I had exact recipes of how they made everything.

What else did they serve that Prince ate??? I am curious . Did they mention what his daily diet was like?

we had some lettuce wraps..(I think that's what they were called). Some squash I believe. Kale chips and I think one other thing was on the "tasting platter". The menu is online of what they serve there. Sounds like he ate a lot of vegetables! No meat.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Anyone tried making any of "Prince's favorite foods" at home?