independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 20th Oct 2019 1:44am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > New Camille leak and Rebirth of The Flesh Higher quality
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 10/16/16 3:55am

Militant

avatar

moderator

New Camille leak and Rebirth of The Flesh Higher quality

It's out there. Well, I'm listening now. It claims to be the master version and this version of "Rebirth" is the studio recording different to the previous leak of that one (higher quality, slightly different horns perhaps?)

I also quickly checked "IIWYG" as we'd heard that the Camille version didn't contain the "bargain over here ladies" intro and that's also indeed the case.

Might be real, might be a well made fan remaster, but interesting nonetheless.



  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 10/16/16 4:04am

OperatingTheta
n

avatar

Highly interesting.

I'm only really interested in albums like these and any other unreleased recordings now. That is where Prince's artistry and spirit remains pure and present.

Everything else appears to me to be a side-show; at best well-intentioned but nearly always misguided, at worst, an exploitative mockery.

Anyway, thanks for the tip.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 10/16/16 4:21am

IstenSzek

avatar

is there a difference between this Rebirth of The Flesh and the studio version
that we've had in very high quality for a while now? eek

and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 10/16/16 4:28am

AhPook

avatar

There's an alternate Rebirth of the Flesh?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 10/16/16 4:29am

Militant

avatar

moderator

IstenSzek said:

is there a difference between this Rebirth of The Flesh and the studio version
that we've had in very high quality for a while now? eek


It's slightly different but not massively so. Perhaps it's just in better quality. I'm not sure, to be honest. Some of the horn parts sound different to me.

This could still be a fan compilation, if so it's very well made, or the leaks have been remastered by someone who knows what they are doing.




  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 10/16/16 4:33am

IstenSzek

avatar

interesting! hmmm

and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 10/16/16 4:43am

Romeoblu

This hasn't shown up yet in my usual place.

Does this sound as if it was ripped fromthe vinyl, does Rebirth end with "Welcome 2 the Crystal Ball"?

[Edited 10/16/16 4:44am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 10/16/16 4:49am

airth

avatar

Thanks for the info. Is this the set titled "Peach & Black 'The Camille Anthology' - The Unheard"? I saw it pop up a few days ago, but thought it was just a repackaging of what I already have. Better go and dig it back out.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 10/16/16 4:52am

Romeoblu

airth said:

Thanks for the info. Is this the set titled "Peach & Black 'The Camille Anthology' - The Unheard"? I saw it pop up a few days ago, but thought it was just a repackaging of what I already have. Better go and dig it back out.

I'm sure thats been around for a while. Just aa collection of all the camille vocal style tracks throughout his career.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 10/16/16 5:02am

airth

avatar

Romeoblu said:

airth said:

Thanks for the info. Is this the set titled "Peach & Black 'The Camille Anthology' - The Unheard"? I saw it pop up a few days ago, but thought it was just a repackaging of what I already have. Better go and dig it back out.

I'm sure thats been around for a while. Just aa collection of all the camille vocal style tracks throughout his career.


OK, thanks. I thought "The Unheard" tag wasn't on the previous compilation, but I'm not sure. It's a 970 mb download, which made me wonder what could be on it. I'm debating whether to download it anyway just to check.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 10/16/16 5:02am

TheDigitalGard
ener

It's fan made.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 10/16/16 5:15am

Militant

avatar

moderator

airth said:

Thanks for the info. Is this the set titled "Peach & Black 'The Camille Anthology' - The Unheard"? I saw it pop up a few days ago, but thought it was just a repackaging of what I already have. Better go and dig it back out.



No. This one is different.

It has the image of the vinyl test pressing from Karen Krattinger's auction on it.

Either way, I just compared Rebirth with every other version on my hard drive and it's significantly higher quality.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 10/16/16 5:18am

ElGorillos

avatar

TheDigitalGardener said:

It's fan made.

What makes you so sure?

.

.

EG

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 10/16/16 5:22am

love2thenines2
003

Is the sequencing of this supposed master very fluid & natural ?

thanx

cool

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 10/16/16 5:41am

Goddess4Real

avatar

Militant said:

It's out there. Well, I'm listening now. It claims to be the master version and this version of "Rebirth" is the studio recording different to the previous leak of that one (higher quality, slightly different horns perhaps?)

I also quickly checked "IIWYG" as we'd heard that the Camille version didn't contain the "bargain over here ladies" intro and that's also indeed the case.

Might be real, might be a well made fan remaster, but interesting nonetheless.



Thank you for this bit of info biggrin

Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 10/16/16 5:43am

TheDigitalGard
ener

ElGorillos said:



TheDigitalGardener said:


It's fan made.

What makes you so sure?


.


.


EG


I know everything
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 10/16/16 5:44am

airth

avatar

Militant said:

airth said:

Thanks for the info. Is this the set titled "Peach & Black 'The Camille Anthology' - The Unheard"? I saw it pop up a few days ago, but thought it was just a repackaging of what I already have. Better go and dig it back out.

No. This one is different. It has the image of the vinyl test pressing from Karen Krattinger's auction on it. Either way, I just compared Rebirth with every other version on my hard drive and it's significantly higher quality.


Thanks for the confirmation; you've saved me a big download. Now, I need to get searching. Regardless of whether it's legit or fan-made, higher quality is higher quality.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 10/16/16 6:46am

sulls

avatar

Whaaaa?

"I like to watch."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 10/16/16 7:04am

sulls

avatar

Listening now. Man, it'd be awesome if this proves legit!

"I like to watch."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 10/16/16 7:53am

Romeoblu

sulls said:

Listening now. Man, it'd be awesome if this proves legit!

Not had a chance to lisetn yet.

What do you think, is this the real deal? Anything drastically different.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 10/16/16 8:03am

jdcxc

OperatingThetan said:

Highly interesting.

I'm only really interested in albums like these and any other unreleased recordings now. That is where Prince's artistry and spirit remains pure and present.

Everything else appears to me to be a side-show; at best well-intentioned but nearly always misguided, at worst, an exploitative mockery.

Anyway, thanks for the tip.


Great points...let us get on with the music!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 10/16/16 8:27am

sulls

avatar

Romeoblu said:

sulls said:

Listening now. Man, it'd be awesome if this proves legit!

Not had a chance to lisetn yet.

What do you think, is this the real deal? Anything drastically different.

Sounds great. I cant hear anything drastically different, but im not listening through headphones.

"I like to watch."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 10/16/16 8:29am

databank

avatar

We aleady had a pristine ROTF on the CB leak last year.

I hope someone can tell whether this new leak is genuine or a very well done fanmade thing.

I haven't found it yet so I can't add my 2 cents to the debate, but my take is that if Militant can't tell for sure, I won't either.

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 10/16/16 12:30pm

TheDigitalGard
ener

databank said:

We aleady had a pristine ROTF on the CB leak last year.

I hope someone can tell whether this new leak is genuine or a very well done fanmade thing.

I haven't found it yet so I can't add my 2 cents to the debate, but my take is that if Militant can't tell for sure, I won't either.

ROTF sounds like a different version to my ears, there are very slight differences to that of what we are used to, the rest is as per. I could be tripping though.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 10/16/16 12:31pm

EddieC

TheDigitalGardener said:

It's fan made.

Hey, just to be clear--are you talking about the Peach and Black Anthology (which I knew was fan-made) or the thing that Militant's talking about?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 10/16/16 12:34pm

TheDigitalGard
ener

EddieC said:

TheDigitalGardener said:

It's fan made.

Hey, just to be clear--are you talking about the Peach and Black Anthology (which I knew was fan-made) or the thing that Militant's talking about?

Never heard of the P&B thing.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 10/16/16 12:52pm

Militant

avatar

moderator

TheDigitalGardener said:

databank said:

We aleady had a pristine ROTF on the CB leak last year.

I hope someone can tell whether this new leak is genuine or a very well done fanmade thing.

I haven't found it yet so I can't add my 2 cents to the debate, but my take is that if Militant can't tell for sure, I won't either.

ROTF sounds like a different version to my ears, there are very slight differences to that of what we are used to, the rest is as per. I could be tripping though.

Agreed. Slight differences in some of the adlibs and horn parts.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 10/16/16 1:42pm

mediumdry

This one sounds great. I tried to find the label of the album (you could have picked me up from the floor when I first saw the album label), but nothing larger than this:

Side A

Side B

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 10/16/16 2:56pm

interrorgator

@TheDigitalGardener is there more info you can provide us all that gives clarification of this being "fan made"?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 10/16/16 3:31pm

TheDigitalGard
ener

interrorgator said:

@TheDigitalGardener is there more info you can provide us all that gives clarification of this being "fan made"?

Mate, I was just guessing, and joking when saying I know everything. Of course I don't. My hunch is it's fan made, but I could be wrong, I often am. lol

There seems to be slight (but fairly noticeable differences) on the track Rebirth Of The Flesh, that's it. It all seems to be in nice quality.

I get a feeling that some may be thinking this is maybe from the vinyl recently sold at auction, let's not jump the gun, that's all I'm saying. I hope it is and can be proven to be so, but my doubts are just my own opinion.

Peace.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > New Camille leak and Rebirth of The Flesh Higher quality