independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 19th Nov 2019 10:43am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > If the reports are true that STUDIo A was "untouched"..yall may want to see if there is a will there.....just saying
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 10/06/16 12:29am

slvrhrt7

avatar

If the reports are true that STUDIo A was "untouched"..yall may want to see if there is a will there.....just saying

Maybe Prince recorded something, or it's his papers. Still cant belive that he had the forthright 4 mos before his death to give exlpicit instructions on his musuem and then not have a will anywhere????

[Edited 10/6/16 0:29am]

"May U live 2 C the Dawn"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 10/06/16 1:32am

bluegangsta

avatar

I miss this forum.

Always cry 4 love, never cry 4 pain.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 10/06/16 4:20am

KaresB

I'm pretty sure the "untouched" part is just marketing bs. To me the story of those handrwitten docs on the score holder being "left there untouched" just sounds so fake.


It's all perfectly understandable though, this is how you design an exhibition.



Actually, I'm very much hoping that no handwritten documents of Prince, no tapes and nothing he has created is left literally untouched, just lying around. They should all be digitised, catalogued and preserved with the outmost care and respect.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 10/06/16 4:48am

laurarichardso
n

slvrhrt7 said:

Maybe Prince recorded something, or it's his papers. Still cant belive that he had the forthright 4 mos before his death to give exlpicit instructions on his musuem and then not have a will anywhere????

[Edited 10/6/16 0:29am]

He could have had a trust which we the public will never have knowledge of. Also many financial transactions concerning his estate have been sealed by the court.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 10/06/16 5:09am

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

avatar

slvrhrt7 said:

Maybe Prince recorded something, or it's his papers. Still cant belive that he had the forthright 4 mos before his death to give exlpicit instructions on his musuem and then not have a will anywhere????

[Edited 10/6/16 0:29am]


So much of this mess just doesn't make any sense whatsoever. disbelief

Here's what bothers ME:

Prince died of an overdose of the drug Fentanyl. Of which, it is very highly fucking likely that he never even knew he'd taken.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 10/06/16 5:20am

KoolEaze

avatar

I don´t believe that Paisley Park wasn´t cleaned or looked after since Prince left us. Or maybe they did vacuum and clean the place but still left everything where it was?

And the thought of workers discovering new rooms and unreleased stuff and notes in Paisley Park makes me feel uncomfortable.

How can they trust strangers when they could easily steal stuff from there?

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 10/06/16 5:51am

LittlePurpleYo
da

Is it not supposed to continue on as a working recording studio? Pretty difficult with his old lyrics scattered about. Or will visiting artists be forced to record elsewhere?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 10/06/16 6:19am

ksl1974

No way was everything left "untouched". The cops/crime lab alone probably turned that place upside down more than once. And they almost never put anything back in place when they're done. Then you bring in the family, friends, cleaning crew, remodling crew...... I have a feeling if you would have walked into Paisley Park on April 20th........and walked in there today.....nothing would be the same

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 10/06/16 7:22am

Noodled24

The idea that Prince might have scribbled a will on a bit of paper in studio A is ridiculous.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 10/06/16 7:32am

laurarichardso
n

LittlePurpleYoda said:

Is it not supposed to continue on as a working recording studio? Pretty difficult with his old lyrics scattered about. Or will visiting artists be forced to record elsewhere?

They already said that Studio A will not be used as a commercial studio.

My guess is they left Studio A alone as far as leaving the music he was working on at the console. I am sure someone came into to dust eek You guys take things to seriously

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 10/06/16 7:33am

purplepoppy

Noodled24 said:

The idea that Prince might have scribbled a will on a bit of paper in studio A is ridiculous.

And would not be recognized by the state of Minnesota. Why is it so hard for folks to consider that he did not leave a will ON PURPOSE?

Brand new boogie without the hero.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 10/06/16 8:04am

ladygirl99

I may not be a legal expert.

But didn't someone posted his 2000 interview or conference on here awhile aback and he said that when someone dies that their wealth and assets should be left in the family.

So there is a chance he might not left a will because he knew about the Minnisota no will law and Prince wasn't a dummy and he knew his laws and rights.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 10/06/16 9:28am

laurarichardso
n

ladygirl99 said:

I may not be a legal expert.



But didn't someone posted his 2000 interview or conference on here awhile aback and he said that when someone dies that their wealth and assets should be left in the family.



So there is a chance he might not left a will because he knew about the Minnisota no will law and Prince wasn't a dummy and he knew his laws and rights.


-Yes this is what happens if you don't have a will. Prince was the executor of his Dad's estate so he knew how things worked. If you read the court docs for his fathers estate the subs bickered so if he had a will I am sure someone would have contested. It could also be that he thought he time to make a will. With the size of his estate it was done going to take a day or two to be completed.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 10/06/16 9:52am

TrivialPursuit

avatar

Noodled24 said:

The idea that Prince might have scribbled a will on a bit of paper in studio A is ridiculous.

THANK YOU!. Like, you have 60K square feet of space, and you're gonna jot down a note on a napkin that says "Give it all to Maurice?" or something? Pffft, please. Don't try to play us for yesterday's fool.

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 10/06/16 10:23am

ladygirl99

laurarichardson said:

ladygirl99 said:

I may not be a legal expert.

But didn't someone posted his 2000 interview or conference on here awhile aback and he said that when someone dies that their wealth and assets should be left in the family.

So there is a chance he might not left a will because he knew about the Minnisota no will law and Prince wasn't a dummy and he knew his laws and rights.

-Yes this is what happens if you don't have a will. Prince was the executor of his Dad's estate so he knew how things worked. If you read the court docs for his fathers estate the subs bickered so if he had a will I am sure someone would have contested. It could also be that he thought he time to make a will. With the size of his estate it was done going to take a day or two to be completed.

Thanks for the info. I believe more than ever before Prince left no will on purpose.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 10/06/16 11:49am

paisleypark4

avatar

KoolEaze said:

I don´t believe that Paisley Park wasn´t cleaned or looked after since Prince left us. Or maybe they did vacuum and clean the place but still left everything where it was?

And the thought of workers discovering new rooms and unreleased stuff and notes in Paisley Park makes me feel uncomfortable.

How can they trust strangers when they could easily steal stuff from there?

Worked there doing security. It was cleaned , grass trimmed on the regular. The fams messed up the grass but that was given the situation. Very peaceful.

Download all the shit hop that you can for your kids, neices, nephews, and their friends also. That will prevent them from going out and buying it and will prevent some shit hop sales. Every little bit helps - Andy
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 10/06/16 2:51pm

Revolution

avatar

purplepoppy said:



Noodled24 said:


The idea that Prince might have scribbled a will on a bit of paper in studio A is ridiculous.



And would not be recognized by the state of Minnesota. Why is it so hard for folks to consider that he did not leave a will ON PURPOSE?



Because so much money will be wasted on estate taxes, lawyers, estate overseers.
He was smarter than this. Damn shame. This money could have went to charities
Thanks for the laughs, arguments and overall enjoyment for the last umpteen years. It's time for me to retire from Prince.org and engage in the real world...lol. Above all, I appreciated the talent Prince. You were one of a kind.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 10/06/16 2:56pm

liltalkm

Noodled24 said:

The idea that Prince might have scribbled a will on a bit of paper in studio A is ridiculous.

But putting "Don't buy the Black Album" randomly in the Alphabet Street video isn't?

Lol, just sayin'.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but can understand why some people feel the way they do about this.

Crazy or not.

Cause tomorrow is taking too long
and yesterday's too far away
and the reality that you believe in begins to bind.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 10/06/16 3:11pm

NorthC

bluegangsta said:

I miss this forum.


Me too. Chances of this becoming a Prince MUSIC & More forum are becoming pretty slim. But... There just isn't going to be new Prince music for a while and talking about the old albums over and over again will also get boring, so what do we have left? It ain't much... neutral
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 10/06/16 3:26pm

Dandroppedadim
e

handwritten lyrics to a song called STAY COOL can be seen in the Al Roper report.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 10/06/16 5:19pm

Noodled24

liltalkm said:

Noodled24 said:

The idea that Prince might have scribbled a will on a bit of paper in studio A is ridiculous.

But putting "Don't buy the Black Album" randomly in the Alphabet Street video isn't?

Lol, just sayin'.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but can understand why some people feel the way they do about this.

Crazy or not.


Not even close to being the same thing.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 10/06/16 6:11pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

liltalkm said:

Noodled24 said:

The idea that Prince might have scribbled a will on a bit of paper in studio A is ridiculous.

But putting "Don't buy the Black Album" randomly in the Alphabet Street video isn't?


Prince did that because he was on a big spiritual trip at the time. Lovesexy was the antithesis to The Black Album. He considered TBA to be dark in tone, mood, and message. And it is. Lovesexy was the salve to that. TBA represented the devil to him (he claimed he saw the devil actually, not God - although the latter was the public story, he was trippin' on X during those days so God knows what he thought he saw). So yeah, he put that in the video. And it was silly, and only drew more attention to it. He had to know that, despite his opposition to it.

But it's nowhere near the same thing as a will being locked away in studio A, the busiest of the studios there.

The two levels of ridiculous are night and day here. They're black and lovesexy. wink

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 10/07/16 7:52am

purplepoppy

NorthC said:

bluegangsta said:

I miss this forum.

Me too. Chances of this becoming a Prince MUSIC & More forum are becoming pretty slim. But... There just isn't going to be new Prince music for a while and talking about the old albums over and over again will also get boring, so what do we have left? It ain't much... neutral

Good point C and Gangsta. neutral

Brand new boogie without the hero.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 10/07/16 8:50am

donnyenglish

Listen to Lotus Flower. He says "in the corner of my studio, somewhere in the south pacific" several times. Not sure what this means, but he is giving us a clue to find something.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 10/07/16 9:07am

TrivialPursuit

avatar

donnyenglish said:

Listen to Lotus Flower. He says "in the corner of my studio, somewhere in the south pacific" several times. Not sure what this means, but he is giving us a clue to find something.


No, he's not. Where do you get these things anyway? Every other thread you post on is some weird ass conspiracy theory. Stop it.

If you read the site, Prince had a home in the Caribbean (obviously not the south pacific). http://prince.org/msg/7/425443

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 10/07/16 9:27am

donnyenglish

TrivialPursuit said:

donnyenglish said:

Listen to Lotus Flower. He says "in the corner of my studio, somewhere in the south pacific" several times. Not sure what this means, but he is giving us a clue to find something.


No, he's not. Where do you get these things anyway? Every other thread you post on is some weird ass conspiracy theory. Stop it.

If you read the site, Prince had a home in the Caribbean (obviously not the south pacific). http://prince.org/msg/7/425443

How is it a conspiracy theory to highlight a hidden message in his music? Since you know so much, what did that lyric mean? My suggestion that he could be pointing us to something for us to find after his death is not some "weird ass conspiracy theory." It is well known that Prince left clues in his music and art, in fact he is quoted as saying that very early in his career when he talked about the backwards message in Darling Nikki. The fact that you claim to be a Prince fan and don't know that there are hidden messages in his music is weird to me. His home in the caribbean has nothing to do with my post. I'm not sure what he means by the corner of his studio somewhere in the south pacific. Maybe it is not meant to be taken literally. It is just an observation about a clue that Prince gave in one of his songs.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 10/07/16 9:46am

TrivialPursuit

avatar

donnyenglish said:

How is it a conspiracy theory to highlight a hidden message in his music? Since you know so much, what did that lyric mean?


It's conspiracy, because you made some grand statement about him hiding something and tell "us". Us who? The fans? Are the fans supposed to go on a treasure hunt to find a will? Riiiiiight. Because that's a thing.

You do realize that there are recording studios all over the world, right? And that Prince has recorded in other places besides his two houses, and Paisley Park, right?

Or that sometimes, a lyric is just a lyric. Not every single thing he wrote had a hidden meaning. The greatness of a songwriter like Prince, or MJ, or whoever is that they can just as easily construct a fictional tale as much as they can write from their own experiences.

You don't believe that his girl really died on the 25th day of December and that he got drunk on banana daiquiris, do you?
Do you believe he once held a job at a five and dime?

Or that he knew some chick who was fingering herself at the Red Roof Inn?

Or that he watched a guy and a girl, with a gun, perform sexual acts on each other?

Or that he was at a diner and just ordered a fruit cocktail?

You gotta stay in reality, and stop with the romanticizing of his death, and the after effects. It benefits no one, and it's disrespectful.

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 10/07/16 9:56am

donnyenglish

TrivialPursuit said:

donnyenglish said:

How is it a conspiracy theory to highlight a hidden message in his music? Since you know so much, what did that lyric mean?


It's conspiracy, because you made some grand statement about him hiding something and tell "us". Us who? The fans? Are the fans supposed to go on a treasure hunt to find a will? Riiiiiight. Because that's a thing.

You do realize that there are recording studios all over the world, right? And that Prince has recorded in other places besides his two houses, and Paisley Park, right?

Or that sometimes, a lyric is just a lyric. Not every single thing he wrote had a hidden meaning. The greatness of a songwriter like Prince, or MJ, or whoever is that they can just as easily construct a fictional tale as much as they can write from their own experiences.

You don't believe that his girl really died on the 25th day of December and that he got drunk on banana daiquiris, do you?
Do you believe he once held a job at a five and dime?

Or that he knew some chick who was fingering herself at the Red Roof Inn?

Or that he watched a guy and a girl, with a gun, perform sexual acts on each other?

Or that he was at a diner and just ordered a fruit cocktail?

You gotta stay in reality, and stop with the romanticizing of his death, and the after effects. It benefits no one, and it's disrespectful.

And Way Back Home to you is about his Maps function not working on his iPhone. It is disrespectful for you to mock anyone that suggests that Prince's lyrics and art have some deeper meaning. For someone like you not to realize that a lot of what he did defintely had a deeper message is weird. Much of what he wrote was fiction, much was fantasy, much was fact, much was spiritual and some of it had a deeper message. You apparently missed the boat.

[Edited 10/7/16 10:02am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 10/07/16 11:20am

TrivialPursuit

avatar

donnyenglish said:

And Way Back Home to you is about his Maps function not working on his iPhone. It is disrespectful for you to mock anyone that suggests that Prince's lyrics and art have some deeper meaning. For someone like you not to realize that a lot of what he did defintely had a deeper message is weird. Much of what he wrote was fiction, much was fantasy, much was fact, much was spiritual and some of it had a deeper message. You apparently missed the boat.


You poor thing. I've been on this boat since the beginning. I'm also a realist, and know Prince's music as well as anyone here that has studied it (and many of us have over the years). What you call disrespect I call logic and realism. Enjoy the illusion.

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 10/07/16 12:19pm

laurarichardso
n

liltalkm said:

Noodled24 said:

The idea that Prince might have scribbled a will on a bit of paper in studio A is ridiculous.

But putting "Don't buy the Black Album" randomly in the Alphabet Street video isn't?

Lol, just sayin'.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but can understand why some people feel the way they do about this.

Crazy or not.

He had messages in his music all the time. If you go back pre-Purple Rain days he had backward masking in a lot of the recordings. I will do a whole topic on this next week. He also said if you want to know about me listen to the songs.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > If the reports are true that STUDIo A was "untouched"..yall may want to see if there is a will there.....just saying