independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Questions about prince's Oprah interview
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 08/11/16 4:05pm

kristy

avatar

Questions about prince's Oprah interview

At the end you see prince,mayte ,Oprah and two dogs running around.
Now ,I don't know how many dogs Oprah had, but was that mayte's, prince's, or both?.

Also does anyone know why he choose Oprah for one of his first in depth interviews, I find the choice interesting.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 08/11/16 4:32pm

ashleypaisley

It was '96 and his album had just come out, the people who buy his albums watched her show, it opened him up to a larger audience, she's black, and didn't sneak subliminals like Dianne Sawyer or Barbara Walters... both dogs were Mayte's. When Robin who interviewed Mayte and Prince said she has four dogs.. 😳
[Edited 8/11/16 16:48pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 08/11/16 4:55pm

kristy

avatar

ashleypaisley said:

It was '96 and his album had just come out, the people who buy his albums watched her show, it opened him up to a larger audience, she's black, and didn't sneak subliminals like Dianne Sawyer or Barbara Walters... both dogs were Mayte's. When Robin who interviewed Mayte and Prince said she has four dogs.. 😳
[Edited 8/11/16 16:48pm]


Thank you for your reply, wow, so prince got a wife and picked up four dogs. lol
Well I guess mayte was like well you got the doves, I bring the dogs . lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 08/11/16 5:35pm

journalism16

Nice and sweet, I loved watching the interview. Did he ever have another interview with Oprah?

Erin Smith
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 08/11/16 7:13pm

Suzee

I always thought it was sad that their baby had just died and they went through with the interview instead of cancelling. He seems more uncomfortable in this interview than others.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 08/11/16 7:31pm

kristy

avatar

Suzee said:

I always thought it was sad that their baby had just died and they went through with the interview instead of cancelling. He seems more uncomfortable in this interview than others.



Me too, I felt worst learning they lost two, no one should lose a child
And to see them still trying to hold it together on there, I don't know how they did it. sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 08/11/16 10:58pm

Goddess4Real

avatar

kristy said:

Suzee said:
I always thought it was sad that their baby had just died and they went through with the interview instead of cancelling. He seems more uncomfortable in this interview than others.
Me too, I felt worst learning they lost two, no one should lose a child And to see them still trying to hold it together on there, I don't know how they did it. sad

I felt really sad for them sad they looked so vulnerable sad

Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 08/12/16 9:27am

purplethunder3
121

avatar

Goddess4Real said:

kristy said:

Suzee said: Me too, I felt worst learning they lost two, no one should lose a child And to see them still trying to hold it together on there, I don't know how they did it. sad

I felt really sad for them sad they looked so vulnerable sad

Yes, they did.

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 08/12/16 9:32am

thedance

avatar

[img:$uid]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/ecnirp2004/Prince/Prince%20%20Mayte_zpsgnuw35or.jpg[/img:$uid]

I believe it was Mayte's dogs, there at Oprah?

Prince 4Ever. heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 08/12/16 9:53am

thedance

avatar

those dogs were rather agressive towards Oprah.. eek


(during the end credits, 1 dog tried to bite)


[img:$uid]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/ecnirp2004/Prince/vlcsnap-2011-03-16-05h33m30s122.png[/img:$uid]



[img:$uid]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/ecnirp2004/Prince/vlcsnap-2011-03-16-04h58m37s216.png[/img:$uid]



[img:$uid]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/ecnirp2004/Prince/vlcsnap-2011-03-16-04h57m45s190.png[/img:$uid]



[img:$uid]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/ecnirp2004/Prince/vlcsnap-2011-03-16-04h57m33s71.png[/img:$uid]

Prince 4Ever. heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 08/12/16 9:56am

purplethunder3
121

avatar

thedance said:

those dogs were rather agressive towards Oprah.. eek


(during the end credits, 1 dog tried to bite)


[img:$uid]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/ecnirp2004/Prince/vlcsnap-2011-03-16-05h33m30s122.png[/img:$uid]



[img:$uid]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/ecnirp2004/Prince/vlcsnap-2011-03-16-04h58m37s216.png[/img:$uid]



[img:$uid]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/ecnirp2004/Prince/vlcsnap-2011-03-16-04h57m45s190.png[/img:$uid]



[img:$uid]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/ecnirp2004/Prince/vlcsnap-2011-03-16-04h57m33s71.png[/img:$uid]

lol

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 08/12/16 10:08am

kristy

avatar

thedance said:



I believe it was Mayte's dogs, there at Oprah?




That's a great picture, prince, the only man that won't let his wife out do him with a great hairstyle lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 08/12/16 10:11am

purplethunder3
121

avatar

kristy said:

thedance said:

[img:$uid]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/ecnirp2004/Prince/Prince%20%20Mayte_zpsgnuw35or.jpg[/img:$uid]

I believe it was Mayte's dogs, there at Oprah?

That's a great picture, prince, the only man that won't let his wife out do him with a great hairstyle lol

lol

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Questions about prince's Oprah interview