independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 19th Nov 2019 8:27pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Strange Symmetries around his passing
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 9 123456789>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 05/01/16 2:32pm

TheFreakerFant
astic

avatar

Strange Symmetries around his passing

Over the rollercoaster of the past week or so I couldn't help noticing some things that may be significant, wondered if anyone else noticed anything significant too?


1) He died in an elevator.
-Makes the Let's Go Crazy lyrics seem very significant 'and if de elevator tries to break you down, go crazy, punch a higher floor'! This is almost like a message to tell us not to let his death make us depressed but to go crazy and aim high in his honour!
- This mirrors the '7' video where he appears to be repeatedly 'electrocuted' in an elevator signifying the death of sins.

2) He died on April 21, the Queen's 90th Birthday! Odd that a 'Prince' should die on the birthday of a Queen considering his Royal name.
April 21st was the eve of the full moon and Passover. Often sacrifices were made on Passover so God would 'pass over' the people and no harm would come to them. He used a lot of moon symbolism in his last few years and often wore a shirt with phases on the moon on it. Somehow it seems this was fortelling something?!
April 21 = 4+2+1=7. He was pronounced dead at 10.07am at the age of 57. Interesting as 7 seemed to be a significant number to him.
Also it was 31 years to the day he sang 'Sometimes It Snows In April where've sings about the death of his alter ego Christopher Tracy.
Also a rainbow appeared on the day of his death over Paisley Park. Rainbows are sometimes seen as a sign of God's forgiveness.


3) The final track on HitNRun 2, Big City ends with him saying 'That's It' and a section of silence. Silence is usually used to indicate someone's passing. Was he giving us a clue?

4) Way Back Home seems to be quite a melancholy song (in fact the whole AOA album had a slight melancholy feel - unusual for a Prince album). It is as if he was coming to terms with death and moving on to the next life.

5) His final pictures show him looking very much like he did at the start of his career, that coupled with the moon phase symbolism makes me think he felt his career had come full circle and was ready to 'leave'. The song 'June' also has a nostalgic feel and he implies he was born in the wrong time

6) His last public words 'wait a few days before you waste any prayers' seemed a bit unusual at the time as if he knew what was coming or was planning to announce something about his health. Also saying 'Just when you thought you were safe' on Instagram was also mysterious, was he alluding to future tour dates, his impending death or something more sinister?!

7) His last concert contains lots of references to broken relationships and I get the feeling the fact he didn't find a soulmate this really affected him. To be honest I don't think he was the same since 96 when the baby passed. I think it's ironic in a way due to all the love songs he wrote but then again they say geniuses often suffer for their art.

God Bless Him and Rest His Soul
[Edited 5/1/16 23:15pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 05/01/16 2:36pm

XxAxX

avatar

TheFreakerFantastic said:

Over the rollercoaster of the past week or so I couldn't help noticing some things that may be significant, wondered if anyone else noticed anything significant too? 1) He died in an elevator. -Makes the Let's Go Crazy lyrics seem very significant 'and if de elevator tries to break you down, go crazy, punch a higher floor'! This is almost like a message to tell us not to let his death make us depressed but to go crazy and aim high in his honour! - This mirrors the '7' video where he appears to be repeatedly 'electrocuted' signifying the death of sins. 2) He died on April 21, eve of the full moon and Passover. Often sacrifices were made on Passover so God would 'pass over' the people and no harm would come to them. He used a lot of moon symbolism in his last few years and often wore a shirt with phases on the moon on it. Somehow it seems this was fortelling something?! April 21 = 4+2+1=7. He was pronounced dead at 10.07am at the age of 57. Interesting as 7 seemed to be a significant number to him. Also it was 31 years to the day he sang 'Sometimes It Snows In April where've sings about the death of his alter ego Christopher Tracy's death. Also a rainbow appeared on the day of his death over Paisley Park. Rainbows are sometimes seen as a sign of God's forgiveness. 3) The final track on HitNRun 2, Big City end with him saying 'That's It' and a section of silence. Silence is usually used to indicate someone's passing. Was he giving us a clue? 4) Way Back Home seems to be quite a melancholy song (in fact the whole album had a slight melancholy feel - unusual for a Prince album). It is as if he was coming to terms with death and moving on to the next life. 5) His final pictures show him looking very much like he did at the start of his career, that coupled with the moon phase symbolism makes me think he felt his career had come full circle and was ready to 'leave'. The song 'June' also has a nostalgic feel and he implies he was born in the wrong time 6) His last public words 'wait a few days before you waste any prayers' seemed a bit unusual at the time as if he was planning to announce something about his health. Also saying 'Just when you thought you were safe' on Instagram was also mysterious, was he alluding to future tour dates, his impending death or something more sinister?! 7) His last concert contains lots of references to broken relationships and I get the feeling the fact he didn't find a soulmate this really affected him. To be honest I don't think he was the same since 96 when the baby passed. I think it's ironic in a way due to all the love songs he wrote but then again they say geniuses often suffer for their art. God Bless Him and Rest His Soul

someone mentioned that mayte found him OD'd back on april 21, 1996?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 05/01/16 2:38pm

nursev

eek I cant do this sad

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 05/01/16 2:39pm

TheFreakerFant
astic

avatar

Oh yes I forgot to mention!

One of the biographies ?The Vault? ?Possessed? mentioned he was taken to hospital in April 1996 with palpitations and suspected overdose! It was around the time he was fighting with warners over his final releases.

I personally feel that it may have been an accidental overdose but he may have had an underlying illness and I really feel he knew this was coming. I would guess the signs started about 2 years ago with AOA or even reliving his youth through the formation of 3EG! But I don't want to speculate further until the results are released. I do think the lack of a will is unusual though considering his legal nature however one may yet be found (Vault?!) or he could have been in denial about ageing as some suspect.
[Edited 5/1/16 14:44pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 05/01/16 2:42pm

Angelsoncrack

avatar

Holy shit- I completely forgot about the video for 7 where he kills off old versions of himself. Weird!

✿Prince and lawsuits. Still a better love-story than Twilight. ✿

@Spoookyelectric ← Follow me on Twitter!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 05/01/16 2:47pm

XxAxX

avatar

nursev said:

eek I cant do this sad

i'm trying because i'm desperately searching for clues that he isn't really dead after all. that it's some kind of weird hoax or accident.

.

my psyche went into shock when i read the words 'prince dead at 57' and i haven't quite gotten my groove back.

.

so you see, the more there are strange coincidences attaching to his death, the more likely that prince (and let's face it, he's the ultimate consipracy theorist, illuminati dweller? secret underground tunnels chemtrail guy prince esta muerto) might fake his death.

.

after all, death has been such a recurring theme in his art, like his movie under cherry moon where he dies at the end. becomes an angel looking over earth sad so yeah i'm clutching at straws.

.

and just maybe if not in this universe then in a parallel one i hope to find someday he's sneaking around in underground tunnels at paisley park at night like the phantom of the opera or something. sad

and maybe he'll pop back up again in the middle of a dance party. sad don't pinch me, i'm dreaming

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 05/01/16 2:49pm

XxAxX

avatar

Angelsoncrack said:

Holy shit- I completely forgot about the video for 7 where he kills off old versions of himself. Weird!

see? let your imagination run wild. in parallel world, prince has taken the true contents of the vault to an undisclosed location, virgin islands? from where he will be releasing his stuff.

.

he may already have transferred ownership of his assets to a dummy corporation/new self somewhere along the line. right now, he might be stretching aboard his yacht in the sun, sipping mango and buttercup tea rose

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 05/01/16 2:53pm

TheFreakerFant
astic

avatar

Don't worry Xxxx (I think I remember you from the old days here wink)
I think he will be fine and happy wherever he is now. I also think he knew this was coming. From his point of view I believe he will be a lot happier in the spiritual realm. We are lucky we got to be around at the same time as him! smile
Feels a bit weird posting here now he's gone! I always suspected he kept an eye on things here!
[Edited 5/1/16 14:59pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 05/01/16 3:01pm

tollyc

TheFreakerFantastic said:

Over the rollercoaster of the past week or so I couldn't help noticing some things that may be significant, wondered if anyone else noticed anything significant too? 1) He died in an elevator. -Makes the Let's Go Crazy lyrics seem very significant 'and if de elevator tries to break you down, go crazy, punch a higher floor'! This is almost like a message to tell us not to let his death make us depressed but to go crazy and aim high in his honour! - This mirrors the '7' video where he appears to be repeatedly 'electrocuted' in an elevator signifying the death of sins. 2) He died on April 21, eve of the full moon and Passover. Often sacrifices were made on Passover so God would 'pass over' the people and no harm would come to them. He used a lot of moon symbolism in his last few years and often wore a shirt with phases on the moon on it. Somehow it seems this was fortelling something?! April 21 = 4+2+1=7. He was pronounced dead at 10.07am at the age of 57. Interesting as 7 seemed to be a significant number to him. Also it was 31 years to the day he sang 'Sometimes It Snows In April where've sings about the death of his alter ego Christopher Tracy's death. Also a rainbow appeared on the day of his death over Paisley Park. Rainbows are sometimes seen as a sign of God's forgiveness. 3) The final track on HitNRun 2, Big City end with him saying 'That's It' and a section of silence. Silence is usually used to indicate someone's passing. Was he giving us a clue? 4) Way Back Home seems to be quite a melancholy song (in fact the whole album had a slight melancholy feel - unusual for a Prince album). It is as if he was coming to terms with death and moving on to the next life. 5) His final pictures show him looking very much like he did at the start of his career, that coupled with the moon phase symbolism makes me think he felt his career had come full circle and was ready to 'leave'. The song 'June' also has a nostalgic feel and he implies he was born in the wrong time 6) His last public words 'wait a few days before you waste any prayers' seemed a bit unusual at the time as if he was planning to announce something about his health. Also saying 'Just when you thought you were safe' on Instagram was also mysterious, was he alluding to future tour dates, his impending death or something more sinister?! 7) His last concert contains lots of references to broken relationships and I get the feeling the fact he didn't find a soulmate this really affected him. To be honest I don't think he was the same since 96 when the baby passed. I think it's ironic in a way due to all the love songs he wrote but then again they say geniuses often suffer for their art. God Bless Him and Rest His Soul [Edited 5/1/16 14:37pm]

+++ He changed his twitter pic to the one that is current now with the 3rd eye open and his human eyes closed.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 05/01/16 3:03pm

bigtimefan

avatar

I couldn't agree more and am glad someone else thinks like I do!

I realized right away that his death date equalled 7.

He recorded "Sometimes it snow is April" on April 21 (can't remember the year).

I bought the Art Off. Age cd last month for my drive back to Minnesota and remember thinking it sounded unusually dark and reflective. (By the way...How come he say's "mother fucker" in one of the tracks when I thought he didn't swear anymore?

He went back to same afro hairstyle and rather simple attire, like he began.

His tour with just a piano and a microphone and not a band.

It's like he wanted to be alone and to showcase just himself, as he did in the beginning.

[Edited 5/1/16 15:07pm]

Eventually every cloud runs out of rain.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 05/01/16 3:04pm

TheFreakerFant
astic

avatar

^ Good point. The 3rd eye represents enlightenment so maybe he was symbolising he was departing his body to an enlightened realm?!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 05/01/16 3:07pm

joecoco

avatar

Usually I am no friend of symmetries, signs or anything, which after an event can always be found - if you care to look long enough and deep enough. However if you listen carefully to the recent "Piano & A Microphone Tour" concerts- they had some sort of "farewell" vibe. So much looking back (past events, songs, friends, musicians).

Maybe I am falling into the symmetries as well, maybe it was because he was preparing his book. At the end it doesn't really matter....

He's gone for good and nothing will bring him back cry cry

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 05/01/16 3:13pm

TonyVanDam

TheFreakerFantastic said:

^ Good point. The 3rd eye represents enlightenment so maybe he was symbolising he was departing his body to an enlightened realm?!


And THAT^ fact alone confirms to me that Prince was no longer a Jehovah's Witness. nod Prince was embracing the bright side [the good side] of occult science. cool

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 05/01/16 3:14pm

Guitarhero

bigtimefan said:

I couldn't agree more and am glad someone else thinks like I do!

I realized right away that his death date equalled 7.

He recorded "Sometimes it snow is April" on April 21 (can't remember the year).

I bought the Art Off. Age cd last month for my drive back to Minnesota and remember thinking it sounded unusually dark and reflective. (By the way...How come he say's "mother fucker" in one of the tracks when I thought he didn't swear anymore?

He went back to same afro hairstyle and rather simple attire, like he began.

His tour with just a piano and a microphone and not a band.

It's like he wanted to be alone and to showcase just himself, as he did in the beginning.

[Edited 5/1/16 15:07pm]

Wow never seen that pic before. cool

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 05/01/16 3:24pm

GirlBrother

avatar

The strange formation of his last Instagram posts, which seem to form an upside-down prince is kind of strange.

[Link takes up wayyyyy too much bandwidth - luv4u]
http://i.imgur.com/T5bM4ba.jpg


And, "Maybe I'll die young, like heroes die."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 05/01/16 3:35pm

XxAxX

avatar

^ eek eyepop

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 05/01/16 4:02pm

prittypriss

From my blog, written on April 16th, about the 2nd Atlanta show:

.

This time I was in the orchestra section, not in the balcony, and much closer to the stage. I was also sitting to the left, where I would be facing Prince, rather than seeing him from behind on the right as I did with the first show. The appearance of Prince began similarly to the first show, so I knew what to expect when the artwork of Prince with the 3rd eye wide open appeared. It was still as breath-taking as the first time, seeing this fade away to all the incarnations of Prince over the years. I had a thought last night, that Prince has come full circle. When he began his career, he had an afro, just as he does now. It is all a cycle, and it seems that Prince is feeling this cycle. The honoring of his father, John L. Nelson, the writing of his memoirs, life cycles. Prince had worn his moon shirt, the waxing and waning of the moon. These incarnations of Prince through the years, reminded me of cycles, the changes we all go through as we mature, but we always come back home.

.

I also told a friend of mine that day (the 16th), that Prince was thinking about leaving this mortal coil. I knew, somehow, I knew it was coming. I just kept denying it to myself. Within the two months leading up to his passing, I began buying the CDs of the albums that I didn't have. I began really focusing on him and his music more than I had in the last several years. The only music I would listen to is Prince, which prior to these last few months, I had been exploring a lot of different artists, a lot of different music, and would only listen to Prince when he came out with a new CD, before moving back to other musical explorations. But these last 2 months it's been nothing but Prince. I even became more involved on Twitter, when my use prior to that was very sporadic.

.

This was before his passing. The signs were there already. It's just most are looking back now and seeing the signs. When it was announced...I told my friend I wanted to take back my words that I had said on the 16th. He told me I couldn't, and if I could, it wouldn't change anything. babynos, knows the friend I'm speaking of. Hindsight is 20/20, it's worse when you sense it before and can do nothing about it. (I did the same thing with a cousin of mine, who was murdered. 2 weeks before she was murdered I lived 300 miles from home, kept sensing something bad had happened. I was living with a foster family. They finally agreed to let me call home - I wasn't eating or sleeping - 2 weeks after the feeling began. It was the day of my cousin's funeral that I called home. She had been abducted 2 weeks earlier.)

.

I don't expect anyone to believe it. Just sharing because it's eating me up inside, knowing what I had said, only to have it come to pass 5 days later, knowing I had written about some of things I saw (but not everything, because I thought people would think I was crazy). He happened to retweet my tweet about the Atlanta concerts and though it was a long tweet, he made sure it had my username attached. Perhaps so others would read the blog, perhaps not. I don't know. I know usually with long tweets, he'd take out the name, instead he removed a space so the whole tweet would fit.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 05/01/16 4:08pm

Superfan1984

Well, truthfully, how do we know? He did just disappear. There one day, gone the next. Could he have been sick, terminally ill, and decided to go away and be alone during his final days/ years? Maybe a dr. gave him some serious bad news and he decided to just go away so that no one sees him like that? Could he still be in PP? I mean, I don't think so, but could it be possible? That maybe one or two people are in on it and helping him to do that? This is a (sort of) possibility, but, with no will, I can't see it.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 05/01/16 4:25pm

MitchBloodGree
n

also with april 21st, 3 x 7 = 21

going so soon after vanity/denise left, being the same age

the muppet show appearance when he uses the elevator, with one of the muppets seeming to draw attention to it saying "the elevator, the elevator". That was in 1997, which was hebrew year 5757

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 05/01/16 4:27pm

nursev

MitchBloodGreen said:

also with april 21st, 3 x 7 = 21

going so soon after vanity/denise left, being the same age

the muppet show appearance when he uses the elevator, with one of the muppets seeming to draw attention to it saying "the elevator, the elevator". That was in 1997, which was hebrew year 5757

eek

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 05/01/16 4:28pm

nursev

XxAxX said:

nursev said:

eek I cant do this sad

i'm trying because i'm desperately searching for clues that he isn't really dead after all. that it's some kind of weird hoax or accident.

.

my psyche went into shock when i read the words 'prince dead at 57' and i haven't quite gotten my groove back.

.

so you see, the more there are strange coincidences attaching to his death, the more likely that prince (and let's face it, he's the ultimate consipracy theorist, illuminati dweller? secret underground tunnels chemtrail guy prince esta muerto) might fake his death.

.

after all, death has been such a recurring theme in his art, like his movie under cherry moon where he dies at the end. becomes an angel looking over earth sad so yeah i'm clutching at straws.

.

and just maybe if not in this universe then in a parallel one i hope to find someday he's sneaking around in underground tunnels at paisley park at night like the phantom of the opera or something. sad

and maybe he'll pop back up again in the middle of a dance party. sad don't pinch me, i'm dreaming

How I so wish he could pop back up sad

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 05/01/16 4:33pm

EmancipationLo
ver

avatar

I think it's remarkable that he included David Bowie's "Heroes" into his last few live sets from late March onwards.

.

I don't believe that it's only a tribute to Bowie - Prince was an excellent musician, he might have learnt this song just within a few hours, so there is no obvious reason why he should have waited more than two months after Bowie's passing before he included it in his live sets.

.

It's therefore obvious that he liked the song and that it had a meaning to him. In the performance which can be found on youtube, he has mixed it with "Dolphin". Also in this version, he doesn't sing "we could be heroes, just for one day", but "we could be heroes, again and again" (IIRC).

.

eek eek eek

prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 05/01/16 4:34pm

beautifulone7

prittypriss said:

From my blog, written on April 16th, about the 2nd Atlanta show:

.

This time I was in the orchestra section, not in the balcony, and much closer to the stage. I was also sitting to the left, where I would be facing Prince, rather than seeing him from behind on the right as I did with the first show. The appearance of Prince began similarly to the first show, so I knew what to expect when the artwork of Prince with the 3rd eye wide open appeared. It was still as breath-taking as the first time, seeing this fade away to all the incarnations of Prince over the years. I had a thought last night, that Prince has come full circle. When he began his career, he had an afro, just as he does now. It is all a cycle, and it seems that Prince is feeling this cycle. The honoring of his father, John L. Nelson, the writing of his memoirs, life cycles. Prince had worn his moon shirt, the waxing and waning of the moon. These incarnations of Prince through the years, reminded me of cycles, the changes we all go through as we mature, but we always come back home.

.

I also told a friend of mine that day (the 16th), that Prince was thinking about leaving this mortal coil. I knew, somehow, I knew it was coming. I just kept denying it to myself. Within the two months leading up to his passing, I began buying the CDs of the albums that I didn't have. I began really focusing on him and his music more than I had in the last several years. The only music I would listen to is Prince, which prior to these last few months, I had been exploring a lot of different artists, a lot of different music, and would only listen to Prince when he came out with a new CD, before moving back to other musical explorations. But these last 2 months it's been nothing but Prince. I even became more involved on Twitter, when my use prior to that was very sporadic.

.

This was before his passing. The signs were there already. It's just most are looking back now and seeing the signs. When it was announced...I told my friend I wanted to take back my words that I had said on the 16th. He told me I couldn't, and if I could, it wouldn't change anything. babynos, knows the friend I'm speaking of. Hindsight is 20/20, it's worse when you sense it before and can do nothing about it. (I did the same thing with a cousin of mine, who was murdered. 2 weeks before she was murdered I lived 300 miles from home, kept sensing something bad had happened. I was living with a foster family. They finally agreed to let me call home - I wasn't eating or sleeping - 2 weeks after the feeling began. It was the day of my cousin's funeral that I called home. She had been abducted 2 weeks earlier.)

.

I don't expect anyone to believe it. Just sharing because it's eating me up inside, knowing what I had said, only to have it come to pass 5 days later, knowing I had written about some of things I saw (but not everything, because I thought people would think I was crazy). He happened to retweet my tweet about the Atlanta concerts and though it was a long tweet, he made sure it had my username attached. Perhaps so others would read the blog, perhaps not. I don't know. I know usually with long tweets, he'd take out the name, instead he removed a space so the whole tweet would fit.

I had a similar experience, although i did not act on my intuition. I convinced myself I was overreacting to the tabloid rumors that he was near death, to the fact that i had been watching clips of Why My Guitar Gently Weeps, why I had been peeking on this site more than usual (i haven''t posted since 2010), etc. In fact I remember thinking I need to order CD's that I no longer have because when he dies, they are going to be exorbitantly high. My friend attended the last show in Atlanta and sent me a link to a clip that she got..I immediately thought "omg something is wrong" It didn't feel right, I couldn't watch it. finally, I saw a close up pic of him at either that concert or the last one at Paisley Park and I was instantly drawn to his hands, thiniking "llook at his hands! he is sick as hell, something is very very wrong they look discolord and mottled". Of course i agree with others that these past few years he has not looked right- too much makeup, too frail even for him. And that last tweet "save your prayers", I thought oh Lord he is just trying to prove a point.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 05/01/16 4:43pm

Superfan1984

I've heard (on here, but I can't remember what thread) that Prince had mentioned recently that deceased people were coming to him in dreams lately. Does anyone have any info on that? Who was coming to him and what he said about it? I find that extremely weird.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 05/01/16 5:09pm

trc1

avatar

Rainbow is God's promise that he'll never flood the earth again. Fams no one can predict death. Impossible. Just coincidence.
"I don't make the rules. I just play"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 05/01/16 5:31pm

prittypriss

trc1 said:

Rainbow is God's promise that he'll never flood the earth again. Fams no one can predict death. Impossible. Just coincidence.

.

According to the Bible:

.

In Luke 10:31, Jesus said, “And by a coincidence a certain priest was going down in that way, and having seen him, he passed over on the opposite side.” The word coincidence is translated from the Greek word synkyrian, which is a combination of two words: sun and kurios. Sun means “together with,” and kurious means “supreme in authority.” So a biblical definition of coincidence would be “what occurs together by God’s providential arrangement of circumstances.”

.

I don't believe in coincidences.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 05/01/16 6:33pm

mrwiggles

beautifulone7 said:



prittypriss said:


From my blog, written on April 16th, about the 2nd Atlanta show:


.



This time I was in the orchestra section, not in the balcony, and much closer to the stage. I was also sitting to the left, where I would be facing Prince, rather than seeing him from behind on the right as I did with the first show. The appearance of Prince began similarly to the first show, so I knew what to expect when the artwork of Prince with the 3rd eye wide open appeared. It was still as breath-taking as the first time, seeing this fade away to all the incarnations of Prince over the years. I had a thought last night, that Prince has come full circle. When he began his career, he had an afro, just as he does now. It is all a cycle, and it seems that Prince is feeling this cycle. The honoring of his father, John L. Nelson, the writing of his memoirs, life cycles. Prince had worn his moon shirt, the waxing and waning of the moon. These incarnations of Prince through the years, reminded me of cycles, the changes we all go through as we mature, but we always come back home.



.


I also told a friend of mine that day (the 16th), that Prince was thinking about leaving this mortal coil. I knew, somehow, I knew it was coming. I just kept denying it to myself. Within the two months leading up to his passing, I began buying the CDs of the albums that I didn't have. I began really focusing on him and his music more than I had in the last several years. The only music I would listen to is Prince, which prior to these last few months, I had been exploring a lot of different artists, a lot of different music, and would only listen to Prince when he came out with a new CD, before moving back to other musical explorations. But these last 2 months it's been nothing but Prince. I even became more involved on Twitter, when my use prior to that was very sporadic.


.


This was before his passing. The signs were there already. It's just most are looking back now and seeing the signs. When it was announced...I told my friend I wanted to take back my words that I had said on the 16th. He told me I couldn't, and if I could, it wouldn't change anything. babynos, knows the friend I'm speaking of. Hindsight is 20/20, it's worse when you sense it before and can do nothing about it. (I did the same thing with a cousin of mine, who was murdered. 2 weeks before she was murdered I lived 300 miles from home, kept sensing something bad had happened. I was living with a foster family. They finally agreed to let me call home - I wasn't eating or sleeping - 2 weeks after the feeling began. It was the day of my cousin's funeral that I called home. She had been abducted 2 weeks earlier.)


.


I don't expect anyone to believe it. Just sharing because it's eating me up inside, knowing what I had said, only to have it come to pass 5 days later, knowing I had written about some of things I saw (but not everything, because I thought people would think I was crazy). He happened to retweet my tweet about the Atlanta concerts and though it was a long tweet, he made sure it had my username attached. Perhaps so others would read the blog, perhaps not. I don't know. I know usually with long tweets, he'd take out the name, instead he removed a space so the whole tweet would fit.



I had a similar experience, although i did not act on my intuition. I convinced myself I was overreacting to the tabloid rumors that he was near death, to the fact that i had been watching clips of Why My Guitar Gently Weeps, why I had been peeking on this site more than usual (i haven''t posted since 2010), etc. In fact I remember thinking I need to order CD's that I no longer have because when he dies, they are going to be exorbitantly high. My friend attended the last show in Atlanta and sent me a link to a clip that she got..I immediately thought "omg something is wrong" It didn't feel right, I couldn't watch it. finally, I saw a close up pic of him at either that concert or the last one at Paisley Park and I was instantly drawn to his hands, thiniking "llook at his hands! he is sick as hell, something is very very wrong they look discolord and mottled". Of course i agree with others that these past few years he has not looked right- too much makeup, too frail even for him. And that last tweet "save your prayers", I thought oh Lord he is just trying to prove a point.



I believe every word of it. Some people have some kind of insight at some kind of frequency. They pick up on vibrations. You can't explain it to everyone, they just not gonna get it or even go there with you. At the time it's happening you can't quite put your finger on it. Once the person crosses over it all makes sense.

I call it the angel of death. With Prince I felt a slight twinge of something just before the plane incident, but it was just a whimper. I'm not as into him as some. If I'm around when GC goes that'll be it for me. George will probably outlive us all at this point lol.

I felt it a few times with family and friends. It's something that gets in the air somehow. Clockwork. It's the Universe doing its thang.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 05/01/16 6:37pm

Jacytoon

GirlBrother said:

The strange formation of his last Instagram posts, which seem to form an upside-down prince is kind of strange. [Link takes up wayyyyy too much bandwidth - luv4u] http://i.imgur.com/T5bM4ba.jpg And, "Maybe I'll die young, like heroes die."

hmmm I was wondering why there seemed to be emphy slots.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 05/01/16 6:55pm

BombFunk

avatar

I agree, some of these things are pretty strange .. I especially wonder about that last message of him saying "Just when U thought U were safe" ... what is that supposed to mean? Could it be he knew it was ending? Did he feel threatened? Man, I'm still so very very sad about it broken


dove Forever changed dove wilted

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 05/01/16 6:58pm

prittypriss

BombFunk said:

I agree, some of these things are pretty strange .. I especially wonder about that last message of him saying "Just when U thought U were safe" ... what is that supposed to mean? Could it be he knew it was ending? Did he feel threatened? Man, I'm still so very very sad about it broken

.

Actually, that was a tweet with a comment there were more tour dates going to be announced. As in, "Just when u thought u were safe" Prince coming to a town near you.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 9 123456789>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Strange Symmetries around his passing